Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-30-2009, 03:57 PM   #201
mckerney
Coordinator

Minnesota landed a commit from Kip Smith today, kicker out of Colorado who is ranked 3rd in the nation by Kohl's Kicking Camp, ranked in the top 12 by Sailer.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:09 PM   #202
MJ4H
Coordinator

Not directly related to recruiting, but wanted to share that new turf has been installed in Razorback Stadium. Looks pretty good. No more Atari end zone font, hooray.

MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:24 PM   #203
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Notre Dame racked up a few commits lately.

QB Andrew Hendrix Ohio (Moeller in Cincinnati)
WR Bennett Jackson New Jersey
DE Blake Lueders Indiana
CB Lorenzo Wood Florida
S Chris Badger (Stanford decommit, Mormon - Te'o helped)

Lueders and Wood seem to be the best of the 5. Lueders a 6'5 250 LB who will bulk up and play strong side DE and Wood as a CB who has great press coverage skills. Hendrix getting the hype that's natural for a QB, but he has no chance to see the field for 2-3 years so whatever.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #204
MrBug708
Head Coach

UCLA picks up 3* safety from Michigan, Earnest Thomas
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:57 PM   #205
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Minnesota landed a commit from Kip Smith today, kicker out of Colorado who is ranked 3rd in the nation by Kohl's Kicking Camp, ranked in the top 12 by Sailer.

Ah, Chris Sailor. If he wasnt so stupid in the 99 offseason, he'd probably be on his way to a HOF kicking career
Old 07-01-2009, 11:55 PM   #206
mckerney
Coordinator

Another OL commit for Minnesota, Mark Lenkiewicz out of Illinois.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #207
mckerney
Coordinator

Another commit from Minnesota with RB Donnell Kirkwood from Delray Beach Florida. 3* on rivals with offers from Rutgers, Pittsburgh, and Kansas State.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:17 PM   #208
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Michael Palardy, ranked as the top kicking prospect in the nation by Scout.com, has committed to kick for Tennessee. It looks like it was between UT and LSU.

Last edited by Poli : 07-02-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:35 AM   #209
hoopsguy
General Manager

Big get for the Illinois yesterday, inking TE C.J. Fiedorowicz (4 star, #2 TE nationally per Rivals and Scout). Sounds like the staff did a great job making up ground on a kid that was long thought to be heading anywhere but the state school.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:17 PM   #210
MJ4H
Coordinator

Haven't talked much about Arkansas's recruiting class, yet. It will be a smaller class this year, and it has been coming along slowly (8 commits so far, most of which have come along in the last week or so).

However, the big news around here today is that Broderick Green (transfer from USC) will be declared eligible to play this season instead of having to sit out a year. Big news, because he fits perfectly in the offensive system, and we are pretty stacked at RB now.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:41 AM   #211
BYU 14
Coordinator

The Cougars get another huge commit in 4 star DE Kona Schwenke, who is considered by some to be Hawaii's best prospect of 2010.

Scout.com: Kahuku’s Kona Schwenke Commits to Cougars

The BYU 2010 class would be a great class for a lot of BCS schools abd is whthout a doubt our best one ever! All we need now is a little Missouri Bourbon for night cap!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #212
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
The Cougars get another huge commit in 4 star DE Kona Schwenke, who is considered by some to be Hawaii's best prospect of 2010.

Scout.com: Kahuku’s Kona Schwenke Commits to Cougars

The BYU 2010 class would be a great class for a lot of BCS schools abd is whthout a doubt our best one ever! All we need now is a little Missouri Bourbon for night cap!

All I have to say is Heaps was the best get for us ever....He is assembling his team basically, recruiting these guys to join him is an amazing thing to see. We have a special young man coming to play at BYU...and I would love to see Bourbon there.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #213
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

While losing Heaps hurt a great deal, the more I read about Nick Montana, the more I'm thinking Washington got the right guy (and to be fair, BYU got the right guy for them as well).

West Recruiting Blog - ESPN
ESPN Top QBs gear up for Elite 11 -ESPN Rise FOOTBALL
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:55 PM   #214
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
While losing Heaps hurt a great deal, the more I read about Nick Montana, the more I'm thinking Washington got the right guy (and to be fair, BYU got the right guy for them as well).

West Recruiting Blog - ESPN
ESPN Top QBs gear up for Elite 11 -ESPN Rise FOOTBALL

I agree, I think it worked out well for all parties involved.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:31 PM   #215
MrBug708
Head Coach

The Elite 11 (did the creator of the camp go to school in the Big-10?) might not hold the same weight as it once did, but how does Nottingham not get picked? He was the freaking MVP at one of the regional camps for it!

Gah!
Old 07-13-2009, 05:46 PM   #216
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
The Elite 11 (did the creator of the camp go to school in the Big-10?) might not hold the same weight as it once did, but how does Nottingham not get picked? He was the freaking MVP at one of the regional camps for it!

Gah!

I was reading an article about that and they said 5 of the picks were close and could be disputed. They indicated they looked at taking some kids with upside, vs some deserving kids who are a little more polished at this point, such as Nottingham.

The other 7 picks, Scroggins, Heaps, etc are genrally considered to be a set above the others.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:35 AM   #217
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 star DB Dion Bailey committed to USC a few days ago and that makes it even more likely that his good friend QB Jesse Scroggins will also pick USC. He is the 10 commitment in what is shaping up to be another excellent class.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:56 AM   #218
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Tennessee was thought to be leading for Scroggins until USC offered. Rumors were out that Scroggins was going to commit the same day as Bailey, which would have meant he was likely USC-bound.

Vol fans are holding out hope that Scroggins will see the wide-open depth chart at quarterback more enticing than sitting for a few seasons at USC, but I'm not.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:58 AM   #219
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Tennessee was thought to be leading for Scroggins until USC offered. Rumors were out that Scroggins was going to commit the same day as Bailey, which would have meant he was likely USC-bound.

Vol fans are holding out hope that Scroggins will see the wide-open depth chart at quarterback more enticing than sitting for a few seasons at USC, but I'm not.

The word on the USC board is that Scroggins wanted to let Bailey have the day to himself and that he will commit to USC later this week or next weekend.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #220
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I've read that he has moved up his announcement up to Wednesday.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #221
digamma
Torchbearer

Chris Jackson, a receiver at Alabama, is expected to announce today that he is transferring to Georgia Tech. He would sit out this season and be eligible in 2010 as a sophomore.

Jackson was a 4 star recruit, who originally committed to GT, but succombed to the snake oil salesman at the last minute and signed with Alabama.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:37 PM   #222
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I approve of the previous post.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:15 AM   #223
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Purdue's Marve out until October with ACL injury - Big Ten - ESPN

Quarterback transfer Robert Marve won't be on the field with his new Purdue teammates when they open preseason practice next month.

Marve tells ESPN The Magazine's Bruce Feldman that he tore his ACL doing on-field drills just three days after announcing he would transfer to Purdue from Miami. Marve hopes to return to practice in October, though that seems a little optimistic given the severity of his injury.

The good news for Marve is he can't play this season anyway, according to NCAA transfer rules. He could have used the extra practice time with offensive coordinator Gary Nord and his new teammates, but he'll still have part of the fall as well as spring and summer of 2010.

Marve likely will enter 2010 as the frontrunner for Purdue's starting quarterback spot. He appeared in 11 games for Miami last fall and led the team with 1,293 pass yards. Marve threw nine touchdowns and 13 interceptions for the 'Canes.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:41 PM   #224
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Scroggins has now put off his commitment until tomorrow at noon pacific time.

The Vols had a JUCO quarterback, Nick Lamaison, "commit" according to the JUCO school's website, but Lamaison and UT both refused to confirm the report. The release was later taken down by the school.

I'd much rather have Scroggins, but I believe he's USC-bound at this point, and I can't really blame him.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #225
mckerney
Coordinator

Not 2010 news, but Minnesota landed a commit from 6-2 205 RB Calvin Phillips for their 2nd commit in the 2011 class. Phillips is from Illinois and also had an offer from the Illini.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #226
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Scroggins to USC.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #227
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Scroggins to USC.

Glad to see it happen. Should make some other dominoes fall in place as well.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:22 PM   #228
MrBug708
Head Coach

UCLA is recruiting a Tucker Georgia LB from the c/o 2011
Old 07-30-2009, 03:18 PM   #229
MJ4H
Coordinator

It became official just a couple of hours ago that USC transfer Broderick Green will be immediately eligible to play for Arkansas this season and not have to sit out a year.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:23 PM   #230
mckerney
Coordinator

Marquise Hill has decommitted from Missouri.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:32 PM   #231
MJ4H
Coordinator

When did this happen?
Old 07-31-2009, 01:37 PM   #232
mckerney
Coordinator

I believe it just happened today.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:47 PM   #233
MJ4H
Coordinator

That's what I thought. I think most people believed it would happen at some point and was just curious whether this happened a while back or just now. I have to like Arkansas's chances with him, now.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:56 PM   #234
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'd say you're not going out on a wingo with that statement.

What's that? I hear Bourbon's phone ringing. I think it's Mizzou.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:09 PM   #235
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
That's what I thought. I think most people believed it would happen at some point and was just curious whether this happened a while back or just now. I have to like Arkansas's chances with him, now.

Looks like Arkansas, Minnesota, and Nebraska are probably the front runners for Hill at this point.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:13 AM   #236
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I'd say you're not going out on a wingo with that statement.

What's that? I hear Bourbon's phone ringing. I think it's Mizzou.

I firmly believe if Bourbon played against better competition he would have teams drooling all over him...but as it stands people see his stats(great as they are) and chalk it up to a lack of quality opponents more then his personal skill. The Greg White signing for Mizzou hurts Bourbon's chances though, as Mizzou didnt really want him as a RB before, and now they have one in the fold. I think Bourbon will end up out west, as he seems to have his heart set on playing RB and doesnt believe(rightly or wrongly) that mizzou will let him.

Your close to the family ardent, so you know more then me, but thats just the impression ive gotten.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html

Last edited by Blade6119 : 08-01-2009 at 01:16 AM.
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:52 AM   #237
Tigercat
College Starter

I don't normally buy into the argument that white skill position players are the subject of unconscious discrimination, but Brandon Bourbon is one of the best cases I have ever seen. His measurables are very good, his stats are where they should be for an elite player playing against lesser combination, and as a bonus he is a very smart kid (for a football player.)

That he can't get an offer better than Kansas is a shame. And that is nothing against Kansas, I just think Bourbon has the measurables and accomplishments of elite school scholly offers.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:20 AM   #238
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
I don't normally buy into the argument that white skill position players are the subject of unconscious discrimination, but Brandon Bourbon is one of the best cases I have ever seen. His measurables are very good, his stats are where they should be for an elite player playing against lesser combination, and as a bonus he is a very smart kid (for a football player.)

That he can't get an offer better than Kansas is a shame. And that is nothing against Kansas, I just think Bourbon has the measurables and accomplishments of elite school scholly offers.
+1
Old 08-04-2009, 07:53 AM   #239
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Purdue's Marve out until October with ACL injury - Big Ten - ESPN

Quarterback transfer Robert Marve won't be on the field with his new Purdue teammates when they open preseason practice next month.

Marve tells ESPN The Magazine's Bruce Feldman that he tore his ACL doing on-field drills just three days after announcing he would transfer to Purdue from Miami. Marve hopes to return to practice in October, though that seems a little optimistic given the severity of his injury.

The good news for Marve is he can't play this season anyway, according to NCAA transfer rules. He could have used the extra practice time with offensive coordinator Gary Nord and his new teammates, but he'll still have part of the fall as well as spring and summer of 2010.

Marve likely will enter 2010 as the frontrunner for Purdue's starting quarterback spot. He appeared in 11 games for Miami last fall and led the team with 1,293 pass yards. Marve threw nine touchdowns and 13 interceptions for the 'Canes.

It's really wrong to to be happy when a guy gets injured, but after the character assassination BS that Marve and his father tried to pull against Randy Shannon (made all the more ridiculous by his decision to go to Purdue), I can't say I feel bad for him.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #240
mckerney
Coordinator

Marquise Hill said his top four, in order, are Minnesota, Arkansas, Missouri, and Iowa.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #241
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Per his dad, Bourbon has committed to be a Stanford Cardinal. Sorry, my BYU brothers.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #242
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Tennessee gets 3-star LB Michael Taylor from Atlanta's Westlake HS. His unofficial visits included "Georgia, Georgia Tech, Miami, Florida Atlantic, Central Florida, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Alabama, Auburn, LSU and, of course, Tennessee. He said all of them except Auburn offered a scholarship."

The more interesting part of this is probably the amusing quote about how he wanted to play in the SEC but it was Knoxville that won him over "It’s a beautiful city,” he said. “It’s a college town but it has life. It’s not dead with cow pastures and horses all around it. It has a city; it has something I can do. It’s a great place. I’m from California. I’m not trying to go to the middle of nowhere. I’m used to the city life. So Knoxville is a great place for Michael Taylor to be."
Westlake LB Taylor chooses Tennessee Volunteers | AJC College Sports Recruiting
Old 08-09-2009, 10:31 PM   #243
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

^Wow coaches gotta love the kid saying he loves a city where he has something to do.
Read bars I can get drunk in and a place to score my dope
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:59 PM   #244
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Tennessee gets 3-star LB Michael Taylor from Atlanta's Westlake HS. His unofficial visits included "Georgia, Georgia Tech, Miami, Florida Atlantic, Central Florida, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Alabama, Auburn, LSU and, of course, Tennessee. He said all of them except Auburn offered a scholarship."

The more interesting part of this is probably the amusing quote about how he wanted to play in the SEC but it was Knoxville that won him over "It’s a beautiful city,” he said. “It’s a college town but it has life. It’s not dead with cow pastures and horses all around it. It has a city; it has something I can do. It’s a great place. I’m from California. I’m not trying to go to the middle of nowhere. I’m used to the city life. So Knoxville is a great place for Michael Taylor to be."
Westlake LB Taylor chooses Tennessee Volunteers | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Not that it matters, but Taylor didn't have a commitable offer from GT. On a somewhat related note, there is a linebacker who has offers from GT and Tennessee named Tyrone Cornileus. Wonder if this commitment by Taylor pushes him away from the Vols. Cornileus is also considering Miami and South Carolina.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:17 PM   #245
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Per his dad, Bourbon has committed to be a Stanford Cardinal. Sorry, my BYU brothers.

Boo! But a free Stanford education does sound nice.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:33 PM   #246
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Seantrel Henderson picks Notre Dame as one of his official visits. Others are USC, Florida, Oklahoma and Ohio St. I assume Minnesota is still a favorite, but he doesn't need to waste an official there. Good news since it seemed like ND was being more discounted - hopefully he's this year's Manti Te'o (who will only not be starting week 1 if they nominally want to give an upperclassman the start.)

Other recruits visiting for the USC game Oct. 17 are Devon Carrington (S), Joshua Shaw (CB), James Stone (OT), Cody Riggs (CB), and Gio Bernard (RB). Don't know how good they are.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #247
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC gets a great pickup as 5 star WR Robert Woods has given his verbal commitment. Teammate George Farmer who will likely be a 5 star WR in 2011 has already talked about how he may follow in his footsteps.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-21-2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:27 PM   #248
hoopsguy
General Manager

I sure hope that the Woods commit is enough to give 5* Kyle Prater pause before signing on dotted line with the Trojans. He is supposed to be making his decision 9/2.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:22 PM   #249
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I sure hope that the Woods commit is enough to give 5* Kyle Prater pause before signing on dotted line with the Trojans. He is supposed to be making his decision 9/2.

Bad news mate, per ESPN about another big-shot reciever from CA:

Wide receiver Kenny Stills (Carlsbad, Calif./La Costa Canyon) grew up a diehard USC fan and when the Trojans offered a scholarship way back in May, it seemed like only a matter of time before the athlete pulled the trigger for the Trojans.

Prior to picking up the offer from USC, Stills hinted that he would give strong thought to committing to the Trojans upon being offered. The offer didn't come right away however and when it eventually did, Stills said he wanted to check out his options before committing anywhere.

"By the time they offered, I was involved with a lot of other schools," Stills said. "USC was still my top choice but I had already told a few schools I would take a visit there in the fall. My plan all along was to take my trips and then commit to USC and I even told them that.

"Then this week after Robert Woods committed, I talked to the coaches and they said they didn't have room for me. They're supposed to be getting Kyle Prater and they just wanted to take two receivers in this class. They told me they have enough guys at my position and were going in a different direction.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:31 PM   #250
MrBug708
Head Coach

Malcolm Jones is narrowing his choices and is down to UCLA and Stanford. WOuld be a hell of a pickup for UCLA if he commits