Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #201
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
I have Austin Jackson. If you let me know what 5* guys you have, we can see about a trade.

Here's my 5* list:

2B: Chone Figgins
2B: Chris Getz
OF: Magglio Ordonez
OF: Mike Cameron
OF: Seth Smith
SP: Scott Feldman
SP: Kevin Slowey
SP: Brad Bergesen
SP: Armondo Galarraga
SP: Derek Lowe
Old 03-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #202
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I submitted that trade just now so we'll see when it goes through.

It's through

edit to add: For those who haven't done a trade yet, you get 0.2 for your hometown business sector with each trade (or at least you get that when you're on E)

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 03-10-2011 at 02:38 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #203
chesapeake
College Starter

So there's a value in trading just to shuffle the cards? That's good to know. I haven't spent any time at all on that.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #204
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
So there's a value in trading just to shuffle the cards? That's good to know. I haven't spent any time at all on that.

It's very minimal, but there's at least a shred of something there.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #205
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Here's my 5* list:

2B: Chone Figgins
2B: Chris Getz
OF: Magglio Ordonez
OF: Mike Cameron
OF: Seth Smith
SP: Scott Feldman
SP: Kevin Slowey
SP: Brad Bergesen
SP: Armondo Galarraga
SP: Derek Lowe
I'd do the trade for Figgins. I could use some inflield depth and have a crapload of OFs in the 5-7 range on my bench.

If that's cool, just reply here and submit it and I'll do the same.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:22 PM   #206
Arles
Grey Dog Software

FYI, I think you're on my friend list (Grey Dogs). So, we can go that route to be safer on the trade if you want to.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:23 PM   #207
Tasan
College Starter

The first Tournament starts registration tonight. Don't forget to save 1000 points if you plan on entering.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:23 PM   #208
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'd do the trade for Figgins. I could use some inflield depth and have a crapload of OFs in the 5-7 range on my bench.

If that's cool, just reply here and submit it and I'll do the same.

I don't have any trade submissions left for today, but if you are Grey Dog on there and have a submission left today, feel free to fire me that offer in the Friend Trade area and I'll approve it.

If that's not you then I'm up for doing that via World Trade tomorrow if you're good with that.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #209
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
The first Tournament starts registration tonight. Don't forget to save 1000 points if you plan on entering.

I'm sitting on around 40k. I'll definitely be entering.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #210
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
I don't have any trade submissions left for today, but if you are Grey Dog on there and have a submission left today, feel free to fire me that offer in the Friend Trade area and I'll approve it.

If that's not you then I'm up for doing that via World Trade tomorrow if you're good with that.
I just looked and I think you're on my list. But, I tried to trade for Figgens and it only showed PilotMan on the list. Maybe he's on your active roster or maybe you need another trade submission even to accept a friend trade. We can do it tomorrow.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #211
SackAttack
Head Coach

New Dream Team to play against if anybody needs points for that tournament btw. 0 entry cost, 3k reward if you defeat them.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #212
Travis
Pro Rookie

Thanks for the heads up, always nice to get some extra spending cash
Old 03-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #213
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I just looked and I think you're on my list. But, I tried to trade for Figgens and it only showed PilotMan on the list. Maybe he's on your active roster or maybe you need another trade submission even to accept a friend trade. We can do it tomorrow.

Weird. I just double checked and I don't have him in my lineup or in an offer for a world trade so I must have to have a trade submission available.

Thanks for trying, hopefully tomorrow it'll go a bit smoother
Old 03-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #214
samifan24
Pro Starter

How do you know what your salary cap will be next season?
Old 03-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #215
SackAttack
Head Coach

2nd-7th separated by a single game in my league. Everybody else is so far underwater they're sitting on the Titanic's deck chairs. Crazy.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #216
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
How do you know what your salary cap will be next season?

It's in the help file/game guide
Game Flow | The Official Site of MLB Manager Online

Let's see if this will post properly
Code:
As the season advances, the team cost will change according to the following. 1. Team cost will gradually rise everyday as you compete in Regular Season games. 2. Team cost will rise as you get promoted to a higher class. 3. The team cost will be set at default value for the class of the next season, at the end of each cycle. First Season Second Season Third Season Major 101 121 141 AAA 91 111 131 AA 81 101 121 A 71 91 111 Rookie 59 59 59

So since the current season is the 3rd & final one of the cycle, we all know that we'll either have 81 points to start the next season (if you finish top four in your league & promote) or 71 points to start the next season.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 03-10-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #217
SackAttack
Head Coach

Frankly, I'd rather have 81. I'm gonna have to do some major knickknackpaddywhack either way, but I'd prefer to trim 35 off my current roster than 45.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #218
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Frankly, I'd rather have 81. I'm gonna have to do some major knickknackpaddywhack either way, but I'd prefer to trim 35 off my current roster than 45.

No shit re: 81 points.

It's going to feel very odd at either amount (at least for those of us who started in season three of a cycle) but I think those who start planning now (or at least at the start of the second half of the current season) are going to have a pretty big leg up on a lot of their new competition, especially those teams still in A.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #219
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Well fuck me running. I win 14 straight games dating back to yesterday and then lose to a team that's now 16-57 for the season.

edit to add: It gets goofier. I lose 2 out of 3, then get held scoreless for 6 innings by the dead last place team before breaking through for 10 runs late.
The last game of the night? Naturally it's against the now-2nd place team that I lead by 1 game. So I'll either be tied for the lead or 2 games up when today wraps up. Talk about a swing, sheesh. Think I'm happy that I've got Greinke in my #5 slot in the rotation?

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 03-10-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #220
Arles
Grey Dog Software

If anyone has a 7-star starting pitcher they'd be willing to part with for Jurrjens, I'm all ears. He has great ratings, trained well and even has an up-diagonal rating - but he has been struggling for me of late. Maybe he's just not meshing on my team.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:13 PM   #221
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If anyone has a 7-star starting pitcher they'd be willing to part with for Jurrjens, I'm all ears. He has great ratings, trained well and even has an up-diagonal rating - but he has been struggling for me of late. Maybe he's just not meshing on my team.

I've got a brand-spanking new Johan Santana, never been used, not even by lil' old ladies going to church on Sunday. But I'm out of trades until the reset in case you're interested.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #222
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Brett Cecil continuing his Ubaldo type startto the season. 7-0 now throwing what I believe is his 4th straight game with no runs given up. .47 ERA in 7 games (57 innings pitched). And my latest addition, Liriano has given up 1 run in 24 IP. Pitching is definitely the way to go early on.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:51 PM   #223
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Brett Cecil continuing his Ubaldo type startto the season. 7-0 now throwing what I believe is his 4th straight game with no runs given up. .47 ERA in 7 games (57 innings pitched). And my latest addition, Liriano has given up 1 run in 24 IP. Pitching is definitely the way to go early on.

I think I have the best pitching in my entire division. While others have been loading up their hitting I am almost always able to come back in the late innings with solid hitting and deep bullpen. However, my closer is hot and cold and has been known to blow big leads. Still, we are the top human team in my division with the best league ERA.

I should also add that our best player is Jason Werth *8, and we have 3 *7's in the pen, one starter, our setup guy and our closer.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 03-10-2011 at 09:52 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #224
Tasan
College Starter

I don't understand the points. I'm already at a greater point total (116) than they say I should have, ever, for A-ball.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:31 PM   #225
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
I don't understand the points. I'm already at a greater point total (116) than they say I should have, ever, for A-ball.

Took me a couple of ganders at the chart to figure it out myself.

We started with 111 on day one of Season 3. We've played 5 days so far, that's the 5 extra points. Presumably we'll cap out at 121 for champions tournament participants (or whatever the thing at the end of each season is called).

The chart from the guide shows the starting point level, not the max point level.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:49 AM   #226
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Won my last game of the day, now hold a 2 game lead in the league.

Also Congratulations! One of your players was chosen Pitcher or Fielder of the Day! You Earned: Points 500 Points

Nick Swisher had 18 hits (.280), 6 HR, 24 RBI in the 15 games
Old 03-11-2011, 12:58 AM   #227
SackAttack
Head Coach

Finish the day on a high note, with two wins (still a 7-team-within-1-game logjam for the last three promotion spots), but Borbon and Carroll have gone blue-arrow for me, so I need to figure out what to do about their lineup spots.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:05 AM   #228
TexasT
Mascot

Trade

Quote:
I'm looking for:

Austin Jackson (5* OF)
Julio Borbon (4* OF)

If anybody has either of the above and is willing to move them, let me know and I can send you a list of guys I have at those star levels to see if there'd be anybody you'd be interested in.

I have Borbon. Who you have for trade?
TexasT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:24 AM   #229
Tasan
College Starter

Well I'm moving up in the standings. Up to 6th from 9th at the start of yesterday. I'm only 3 back of 4th, I think I can make it.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:25 AM   #230
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
I have Borbon. Who you have for trade?

2B C. Guillen
2B B. Hall
3B M. Teahen
3B O. Vizquel
SS J. Peralta
SS W. Valdez
OF C. Quentin
OF B. Francisco
SP A. Sonnanstine
SU P. Moylan
CL J. Howell
Old 03-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #231
gstelmack
Pro Starter

What does a *flashing* red up arrow mean on a player's condition? I scouted a fielding player, and it came back with a guy already on my roster and now his condition is a red up arrow that is flashing. I'm not sure quite what happened here...
Old 03-11-2011, 08:37 AM   #232
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
What does a *flashing* red up arrow mean on a player's condition? I scouted a fielding player, and it came back with a guy already on my roster and now his condition is a red up arrow that is flashing. I'm not sure quite what happened here...

I think the flashing indicates that the duplicate acquisition improved his condition.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:54 AM   #233
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Are you guys having a lot of fun with this game, or are you just going through the motions at this point? The activity in this thread has me ready to sign up for the game, but I want to make sure that it's worth the time.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #234
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Are you guys having a lot of fun with this game, or are you just going through the motions at this point? The activity in this thread has me ready to sign up for the game, but I want to make sure that it's worth the time.

I'm enjoying after a day or so, although I'm hoping the card buying / training process doesn't become tedious. Still not sure though, as it seems you do a lot with cards at the beginning of a season, then let the season run its course (doing some training along the way), then buy a bunch of cards and train a bunch of guys at the beginning of the next season.

I'll comment again in a few days on how much "work" this is.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #235
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I've got a brand-spanking new Johan Santana, never been used, not even by lil' old ladies going to church on Sunday. But I'm out of trades until the reset in case you're interested.
If you are open to the deal, reply and I'll propose it. I think a change of scenery is needed
Old 03-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #236
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you are open to the deal, reply and I'll propose it. I think a change of scenery is needed

Let's do it, I don't think Santana is going into my rotation any time soon but Jair puts me one step closer to completing the Braves collection.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #237
Arles
Grey Dog Software

OK, proposed it
Old 03-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #238
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK, proposed it

Proposed the same (in reverse). Now we wait, first time I did one this way it only took about 5 minutes.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #239
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK, proposed it

I hope your team is "Crafty Vets" ... otherwise someone else in the World queue just poached our deal.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #240
Arles
Grey Dog Software

dirty whores. No, I'm Grey Dog
Old 03-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #241
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
dirty whores. No, I'm Grey Dog

Well shit, I'm sorry. I was hoping it would give me a chance to decline if that happened, but it doesn't
Old 03-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #242
Arles
Grey Dog Software

It's cool. I just got Jaime Garcia in a pack so I'll probably use him anyway.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #243
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Wow, just switched catchers. A LOT of work to do on the pitching staff when you switch the catcher. Threw my team for a total loop for a few games until I figured out what the hell was going on.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #244
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post

I can't speak for the others, but I'm having a blast. It would be awesome if it were possible to band together and all be in the same league, but even without that, it's still pretty cool.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #245
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I'm enjoying after a day or so, although I'm hoping the card buying / training process doesn't become tedious. Still not sure though, as it seems you do a lot with cards at the beginning of a season, then let the season run its course (doing some training along the way), then buy a bunch of cards and train a bunch of guys at the beginning of the next season.

I'll comment again in a few days on how much "work" this is.

I bought several packs at the start, and since then it's been more like one pack a day plus some training cards (I like to keep training cards handy in case I'm able to squeeze in one of my big bats or arms).

But it's largely been hands-off for me since the first day or so with the exception of lineup reworking each day. Seems to be working for me - I'm in the mix for promotion.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:11 PM   #246
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I think the flashing indicates that the duplicate acquisition improved his condition.

Yeah, that's my understanding. If you pull a duplicate, you don't have an extra to trade. What you have is improved condition for the one you've got.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #247
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
I bought several packs at the start, and since then it's been more like one pack a day plus some training cards (I like to keep training cards handy in case I'm able to squeeze in one of my big bats or arms).

But it's largely been hands-off for me since the first day or so with the exception of lineup reworking each day. Seems to be working for me - I'm in the mix for promotion.
Yeah, I've enjoyed it too. I've focused a lot on starting pitching and defense and it seems to pay off (I'm 61-22 right now and in 3rd place). It's a fun time waster for a few minutes a couple times a day.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #248
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'll echo the fun factor to this point, although I seem to be micromanaging more than most of the other folks here. If I was more confident that the game wouldn't either disappear or end up broken somehow before fall I'd be giving serious consideration to skipping traditional fantasy baseball this season, this is filling that niche quite well for me atm.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #249
NevStar
High School Varsity

Anybody play baseballboss a few years ago? This game reminds me a lot of that one.

I'm in the Rookie league as Nevstar00. Below .500 so far... hrm.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #250
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

@Arlie - I think your Jair was busted or something. The one I got just went the distance, striking out 9 while throwing a 3-hit shutout