Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-30-2014, 03:46 PM   #201
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Damn you people. Must resist. Going to play 25 again. I downloaded 15 rosters for it (someone created them) and try to convince myself that I only need that….but that all 22 camera has been something the series as long needed.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:49 PM   #202
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Damn you people. Must resist. Going to play 25 again. I downloaded 15 rosters for it (someone created them) and try to convince myself that I only need that….but that all 22 camera has been something the series as long needed.

I think Madden 25 was a pretty solid game as well.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:55 PM   #203
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
I think Madden 25 was a pretty solid game as well.

It was definitely may favorite since probably 05 or 06. Played a pretty good game really. I can probably hold off 15 for a bit, but will eventually pick it up. FIFA will probably be my release game since my last copy of it was 12. (edit, wrong year)

Last edited by ColtCrazy : 08-30-2014 at 03:55 PM.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:38 PM   #204
Terps
College Prospect

They fixed the issue with sim stats, but for online CFM only.

I'm guessing that means they can fix it in a patch for offline.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:18 PM   #205
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

It was promising they addressed the online mode pretty quickly and stats seem fairly good...INTs still a little high but certainly much better. It will probably be weeks/months before they release an actual patch for it, but you can play the online mode as a single team. I guess better than nothing for now.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:45 PM   #206
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terps View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle1 View Post
It was promising they addressed the online mode pretty quickly and stats seem fairly good...INTs still a little high but certainly much better. It will probably be weeks/months before they release an actual patch for it, but you can play the online mode as a single team. I guess better than nothing for now.

If that works and progression is fixed for that mode, then I'll take the plunge. I like what I've heard about on the field action this year.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:00 PM   #207
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Aaaah progression. That's an important consideration...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:03 PM   #208
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Didn't notice this before, but there is an option to sim ahead 10 seasons. I'll have to try that at some point.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:07 PM   #209
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Are they still doing that janky shit where all the draft classes are pre-created?
Old 08-30-2014, 09:09 PM   #210
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Aaaah progression. That's an important consideration...

Quote:
Are they still doing that janky shit where all the draft classes are pre-created?

Reading the thread on OS, the stat fix seems to have fixed the progression issues.

No, all classes are randomly generated now.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-30-2014 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:13 PM   #211
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Reading the thread on OS, the stat fix seems to have fixed the progression issues.

No, all classes are randomly generated now.

Good! Because the pre-generated draft classes thing just seemed stupid to me and was a total turnoff.

I'm inching closer to picking this up at some point here...
Old 08-30-2014, 09:42 PM   #212
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

The random draft classes are still done in a similar way as before with back stories and such.. Schefter still ruminates on players, but since their names are randomized he just uses pronouns when mentioning a guy. I like it, you have to search for gems now instead of looking off a cheat sheet. It also means more realistic names that do not give anything away about a guy. It is the best of both worlds.

I am getting somewhat close to changing my sig.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 08-30-2014 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:48 PM   #213
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

In my first draft as Owner/GM I snagged some serious talent for the Jags. Now if I can somehow manage to make them profitable... DE Sinilau Wade should sell some jerseys with his 95 personality.

FUCK EA
Old 08-30-2014, 10:12 PM   #214
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Part of me wants to just pick this up tomorrow. It's been like 3 years since I've bought Madden...maybe I ought to give it another shot.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:52 AM   #215
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Question

Quote:
Part of me wants to just pick this up tomorrow. It's been like 3 years since I've bought Madden...maybe I ought to give it another shot.

Could probably just rent it first.

Last edited by BillJasper : 08-31-2014 at 07:52 AM.
BillJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:11 AM   #216
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

I actually switched to All-Madden mode yesterday and have to say I really like it. Does not feel like it is over powering like previous years, had very nice games. The CPU was competitive when it should be, seemed to make the right kind of calls. Ran some nice balance offense and was able to pass short and even go for the deep ball as needed (actually burned me on a deep ball to beat me).

Only a few things need tweaked in my opinion from default sliders:

CPU Accuracy - I have reduced to 0 and even with that setting QBs are doing what they should by being in the 60% range for the most part, with better QBs being higher and worse QBs being lower. Nice mix of just plain bad throws like QBs do in real life at times. If you don't reduce, the QB will be near perfect.

CPU Pass Blocking - Needs to be increased but I have read too many QB sacks might be an overall issue with the game. I have this set to about 60 right now.

CPU Run Blocking - This one I am still playing with but I think it needs to be reduced to somewhere between 30-40. Default seems a little over powering even with average backs.

CPU Interceptions - I put this around 25, otherwise a lot of interceptions will occur. This also could be because I am a bad QB myself

PLAYER Run Blocking - I have reduced this to about 35. However, my running game is tough to stop for the CPU so I will either reduce this further or look to increase some of the CPU run defensive settings to limit my ability to run over them.

PLAYER Pass Coverage - To help make the CPU QB more human and less automatic, I have increased this to roughly 60.

As for other general settings that I am using:
- 15 Minute QTRs with acceleration to 14 seconds
- Slow Speed
- Threshold set to 0
- Injuries set to 53 (see nice minor injuries during games)
- Fatigue set to 60 (not sure about this one yet, still finding a sweet spot for subs)

Really didn't have to tinker much this year....maybe still needs a few minor tweaks, but by far this is the first version where I haven't spent a ton of time messing with sliders.

Last edited by SlyBelle1 : 08-31-2014 at 08:11 AM.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:40 AM   #217
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Could probably just rent it first.

Yeah - maybe I'll check redbox or something.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:21 AM   #218
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terps View Post

I guess online is the way to go then.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:34 AM   #219
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

If I had to give it a score off playing it for 8 hours in the past day and a half, this would be the best Madden game I have played. Knock pass accuracy down til you're happy with it, forget about penalties, which have never been called with any regularity except in FOF.. And you have a game that plays pretty damn well. The nuts and bolts seem to be in order, and the glitches I have encountered (Really only cosmetic ones except for the post game stats freeze) are all avoidable.

I'll give it another month of heavy play before I reach a final verdict, but right now, it is honestly the best Madden game I have played (The XBox 360 version anyway). We'll see if any weird stuff rears its head.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 08-31-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:31 PM   #220
Kodos
Resident Alien

So not just Madden 25.1? I was unimpressed with Madden 25 on the 360.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:49 PM   #221
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
So not just Madden 25.1? I was unimpressed with Madden 25 on the 360.

Didn't play 25, but this makes 13 a coaster and nothing more. If you dig NCAA 14, Madden 15 is its equal or better in quality, but a bit more challenging and with a good deal more depth. The A.I. is decent from what I have seen, different teams play different styles, good players make more plays than lesser players. guys like Shonn Greene can have big days like he did for me against Dallas, but in every other game, he has struggled to crack 4 ypc. The defense doesn't seem to make plays they shouldn't make either.

I need to get more of a feel for how the CPU plays offense in something other than sim mode, but playing 9 minute quarters with no run off in superstar mode as a QB is the most fun I have had with a football game in years. I don't feel like I have to do everything, I can actually have games where I sit back and rely on the ground game and throw 20-25 passes.

I think we may need to start a connected franchise if enough folks have a last gen version of this in a month or two.

FUCK EA
Old 08-31-2014, 02:42 PM   #222
Terps
College Prospect

I'm loving the game, how it plays on the field. I was hesitant because of sim stats being that I mostly play CFM, but looks like that can be addressed now, or I can play a one person online CFM for the time being.

Never played Ultimate Team before, and I'm actually having fun with that, won't spend money on it, but I like the solo challenges.

The skills trainer/gauntlet mode is really fun as well, and easy to pick up a few trophies, can't get past level 25 on the gauntlet yet.

My only problem with the on field play is ridiculous accuracy by the AI QB's, too many sacks (last game I played I had 9, and 4 by one player, and I usually stay locked on Pierre-Paul, who I had one with), and too easy for me to run the ball. I had 222 yards rushing my last game between Jennings and Hillis.

I'd also be down with a FOFC CFM if we have enough guys who play on PS4.

Edit - if anyone has PS4 and wants to play online sometime my PSN is Os-Before-Hoes

Last edited by Terps : 08-31-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:43 PM   #223
Groundhog
Coordinator

I don't control anyone on defense, but my LE sucks ratings-wise and gets about 1 or 2 sacks a game, and we usually end up with 4-6. I think a lot of it is that that the QBs don't throw the ball away enough/at all (not sure I've seen them do it), which is also why AI QB completion % tend to be pretty great - if you don't get pressure on the QB, they hit the open guy 99% of the time, even if it's for a short completion.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:44 PM   #224
TroyF
Coordinator

I played through the drills and then played a couple of exhibition games (Broncos vs Raiders)

Defense feels fun now (see my points above that were important) I really enjoy playing as Von Miller and coming off the edge. Offense feels good as well, though I'd like to see a little more separation on deep patterns when my guy is superior to the other. That said, I never really tried to set up a deep pass with a bunch of screens or using playing action either.

The highlight for me was a 17 yard TD run Monte Ball had. It was supposed to be off tackle. I dipped in which was clogged and then broke outside for a TD. Watching the replay was a treat. The reason the inside was clogged is because Jason Tuck torched my TE on that side of the formation. The OLB on that side blitzed and the OL slid and picked him up. As I went around Tuck, the TE was able to atone for his horrific block by chipping him. With all the WR on the other side of the formation, all I needed was a block from D Thomas to have clear sailing to the end zone.

The game was a lot of fun. Looking forward to playing more, regardless of how franchise mode is.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:36 PM   #225
BillJasper
Pro Starter

I'm having a tough time with the Vikings, we dropped to 2-3. Peterson is out two more weeks and we dropped our last two games to Green Bay (38-14) and Detroit (24-21). We have no running game to speak of and the defense is terrible.

Fantastic, but frustrating, game. You have to have at least some idea of what defense you're facing when you throw the ball.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #226
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Rented it. Playing thru preseason - liking it so far.

Looks beautiful I'll tell you that!
Old 09-01-2014, 03:14 PM   #227
Izulde
Head Coach

Going to have to see if the Redbox near me has it now.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #228
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

'Tiny Titan' is Madden 15's best glitch so far - SBNation.com
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:19 PM   #229
samifan24
Pro Starter

Haha that's awesome.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:46 PM   #230
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm having a tough time with the Vikings, we dropped to 2-3. Peterson is out two more weeks and we dropped our last two games to Green Bay (38-14) and Detroit (24-21). We have no running game to speak of and the defense is terrible.

Fantastic, but frustrating, game. You have to have at least some idea of what defense you're facing when you throw the ball.

I started 2-0 and now I'm 2-4 now after losing to the Bills. Vikings have a tough run of QBs to face to start the season. Manuel had a few bad passes but rushed for 2 TDs as well, and I threw a couple of picks trying to get myself back in the game.

Bridgewater has taken over the starting spot and I've bumped interceptions down to try and counter my bad passing instincts... I like that picks have been due to me making poor reads rather than CBs with eyes in the back of their heads - defense in Madden has made significant strides the past few years... Aside from my woeful Vikings squad, anyhow....
Old 09-01-2014, 06:01 PM   #231
BillJasper
Pro Starter

The other thing I'm loving: the play isn't over until it is over. I was playing Detroit and sacked Matt Stafford once. But I should have had him six or seven times. He kept shaking off my tacklers! I had never been so frustrated while smiling at the time.

Franchise may have glitches I haven't encountered yet. But, on the field, this is the best playing football game I've ever seen.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:01 PM   #232
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I like that picks have been due to me making poor reads rather than CBs with eyes in the back of their heads

This, I am not a Madden vet so I wasn't able to compare to games of the past, but almost every int I've had is me not reading something or someone realistically jumping the route. It really adds a lot to the immersion.

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-01-2014 at 06:02 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #233
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

How's the franchise mode? Is it possible to sim through somewhat quickly without getting bogged down in 43 layers of shit like last year?
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #234
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo Klice View Post
How's the franchise mode? Is it possible to sim through somewhat quickly without getting bogged down in 43 layers of shit like last year?

I know you can sim to various points in the season but I've been going week by week.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #235
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
This, I am not a Madden vet so I wasn't able to compare to games of the past, but almost every int I've had is me not reading something or someone realistically jumping the route. It really adds a lot to the immersion.

The only issue I'm having is getting air under the ball on some passes.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:11 PM   #236
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo Klice View Post

There's options to sim to different points (playoffs/end of season/etc, as well as a "sim 10 years" option).

I simmed a year just to see how the draft and offseason were...it went fairly quick - there was nothing I had to click to get thru after I clicked on "sim season"
Old 09-01-2014, 08:37 PM   #237
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
I started 2-0 and now I'm 2-4 now after losing to the Bills. Vikings have a tough run of QBs to face to start the season. Manuel had a few bad passes but rushed for 2 TDs as well, and I threw a couple of picks trying to get myself back in the game.

Bridgewater has taken over the starting spot and I've bumped interceptions down to try and counter my bad passing instincts... I like that picks have been due to me making poor reads rather than CBs with eyes in the back of their heads - defense in Madden has made significant strides the past few years... Aside from my woeful Vikings squad, anyhow....

Lost to Buffalo 27-20, throwing two Pick Sixes. I've got lots of bad habits that I've developed over the years playing Madden that I have to break. One, is that I've always thrown the ball immediately. Two, I have to stay committed to the run.

One glaring flaw is in the game: if you have to quit during a game and come back later, it doesn't count any of the stats of the game you're playing.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:15 PM   #238
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I started shaky at QB, but in the past 2 games against the Bengals and Colts I have picked them apart. Threw 5 interceptions in the first 2 games, but only one in my last 2, and relying on the run game a bit more has helped. I have been able to get some nice chunk plays off play action after working the run a little, and I have gotten really good at timing when to get rid of the ball. My pocket awareness is essentially nil, but I kind of have a clock in my head that tells me when I should let go or when I should try and get out of the pocket and make a play with my feet.

I've only run like 5 times, but I've also only been sacked 6 times. The tutorials between games, telling you what to read and where to go with your throws based on that read have been awesome. I can see those concepts translating to the field. I think right now I have a rating in the mid 80's, my last game was the first one over 100. I've really been spreading it around too, I think there are 5 or 6 receivers with 10 or more catches after 4 games.

I'll be looking to add to our 4 game win streak tomorrow, it should be fun. Our defense has been playing lights out, their confidence is very high.. But we haven't really played a big time offense yet. We really won;t see a good offense til Philly in week 12..

As an aside, the Titans schedule is super easy. They could be a playoff team this year.

FUCK EA
Old 09-02-2014, 04:42 PM   #239
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Beat the 5-1 Bucs 20-17 in OT. It was another great game. Got Bridgewater out of the pocket some, rushing 8 times for 86 yards and a TD. He also had 1 passing TD and 2 INT's (one off a Hail Mary at the end of regulation).

Wouldn't have needed OT if Peterson hadn't dropped the ball at the 1-yard line going in for a TD. No one touched him! It just fell out of his hands!

I moved some people around on defense and got some better results, holding Tampa to 28 yards rushing.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:41 PM   #240
Groundhog
Coordinator

I lost 28-21 to the Bucs, but I was down 21-7 at the half. Bridgewater finished with 3 TDs 1 INT in by far my best passing performance..... I did also knock the INT slider down to 35 and had 2-3 passes bounce of defenders too, but hey....
Old 09-02-2014, 05:47 PM   #241
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
I lost 28-21 to the Bucs, but I was down 21-7 at the half. Bridgewater finished with 3 TDs 1 INT in by far my best passing performance..... I did also knock the INT slider down to 35 and had 2-3 passes bounce of defenders too, but hey....

I'm trying to leave the INT slider alone, but it is difficult. Not sure whether I want to adjust that or the Pass Defense Reaction Time?
Old 09-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #242
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Won our 1st preseason game 31-9 vs the Saints, I only played a half (which is what I think I'll do for each preseason game).

VERY defensive battle. You really have to play much different than you do in NCAA.

I didn't use real injuries so I could use Bradford.

Tre Mason is a beast and will probably be my starting RB halfway into the season.

I still hate the play calling menus.. but the game is fun thus far on AP defaults - even saw 4 penalties in my first game.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:49 PM   #243
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Lost to the fucking Redskins in OT, 19-13.

They just pushed me down the field on their first OT possession and scored the TD. Bridgewater was 26-30 for 286 yards in the loss. Peterson fumbled the ball away twice.

Our record now stand at 3-6 with two OT losses.

Last edited by BillJasper : 09-02-2014 at 07:49 PM.
BillJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:13 PM   #244
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Wouldn't have needed OT if Peterson hadn't dropped the ball at the 1-yard line going in for a TD. No one touched him! It just fell out of his hands!

Maybe it was that 14" LB?
Old 09-02-2014, 08:56 PM   #245
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Finally put together a decent game against the 1-7 Bears, beating them 41-24. Though I was up 38-7 at the half. Bridgewater threw for over 300 yards with 3 TD's and 1 INT. Peterson ran 12 times for 97 yards.

Brings me to a whopping 4-6 on the year!
Old 09-02-2014, 09:03 PM   #246
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Any sort of consensus on a good set of sliders?
Old 09-02-2014, 09:15 PM   #247
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:

I just tweaked my defense sliders down 2-4 points, my QB accuracy at 45 and speed differential at 35. Everything else I've left alone.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:28 PM   #248
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Looks like I won 34-9 in my first game..

One thing that's cool about the online CFM is I can do tasks while I'm at work so all I have to do is play the actual game when I get home.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #249
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I broke down and bought the game and am using "Armor & Swords/Marino" sliders from OS. I like them so far but I've only played a game or two. They also suggest editing most QB's to give them the "paranoid" trait so they will throw the ball away when appropriate rather than take so many sacks...

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-03-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #250
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I broke down and bought the game and am using "Armor & Swords/Marino" sliders from OS. I like them so far but I've only played a game or two. They also suggest editing most QB's to give them the "paranoid" trait so they will throw the ball away when appropriate rather than take so many sacks...

I'm using the same set!! Only like 1 quarter into my first game with them.

There's actually a roster set the same guy put out (you can see in his post on OS with the directions to the slider set - it has the names/contents of the different roster sets he's put out) that does that for you.

Actually - the game I'm one quarter into I'm not using his roster, because I just applied it to my existing CFM that I had started. There's a 3rd round WR who I wanted to play with - he's pretty awesome. Came out as a 77 OVR, 6'6, 220ish lbs. So I'll still see slightly more sacks/better pass defense I suppose.

Figure once he gets his Week 1 final roster set out with those edits I'll restart my CFM.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-03-2014 at 02:16 PM.