Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-29-2014, 10:11 AM   #201
Radii
Head Coach

That's really all I have to say about that

No, seriously, I'm nowhere near that point yet. Everything about last night's episode was just fucking outstanding to me, no real concerns about Dexter or The Following levels of stupidity creeping in.

Perhaps it was just the adrenaline/excitement from seeing the dead body on display this week (avoiding spoilers etc) that carried me through the rest without thinking too hard, b/c hooooooooooooooly shit that was well done.

Last edited by Radii : 03-29-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:09 PM   #202
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
well I thought the lead female "teenager" was good, others though not so much, adults not that great either. I'll be watching a couple more episodes to see if things get better both acting and plot wise. I think it could be getting better with the events taking place on the Ark with what they revealed about its status in the first episode.
Yeah, she was better than most of them, and I'll be sticking with the show for a few weeks because I'm a sucker for shows like that, but it doesn't help when the writers have them playfully going swimming and fully submerging themselves in water after what happened last week.

Justified definitely had an Oh, Shit! moment this week, but one thing's been bugging me about it.
Spoiler
Overall, a good season, but the Ava in prison storyline is a pretty big misstep by the writers imo. Find myself wanting to fast-forward through all her scenes unless Boyd or Raylan are visiting her.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 03-30-2014 at 02:11 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:36 PM   #203
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Yeah, she was better than most of them, and I'll be sticking with the show for a few weeks because I'm a sucker for shows like that, but it doesn't help when the writers have them playfully going swimming and fully submerging themselves in water after what happened last week.

Justified definitely had an Oh, Shit! moment this week, but one thing's been bugging me about it.[spoiler]I have no problem believing that Wynn Duffy's henchman/tennis pro would miss the explosives in the cigarette pack, but the US Marshals arrested them on suspicion of shooting a lawman... you'd think they wouldn't let some explosives slip by them when they were booking them.
Overall, a good season, but the Ava in prison storyline is a pretty big misstep by the writers imo. Find myself wanting to fast-forward through all her scenes unless Boyd or Raylan are visiting her.[/quote]

Your spoilery efforts get a fail lol

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:53 PM   #204
Radii
Head Coach

The Ava storyline is the biggest mis-step justified has made in their entire run I think. The Crowe's as the bad guys for the season isn't really working that well for me either. Still fun to watch, but I definitely feel like this season doesn't quite hold up to the last 3 in a row which were all great. I'm sure they'll knock the final season out of the park still, so its all good.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:12 PM   #205
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Your spoilery efforts get a fail lol
D'oh! At least I waited until Saturday to watch and post.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 03-30-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:51 PM   #206
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
D'oh! At least I waited until Saturday to watch and post.

You saved it!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:41 PM   #207
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
The Ava storyline is the biggest mis-step justified has made in their entire run I think. The Crowe's as the bad guys for the season isn't really working that well for me either. Still fun to watch, but I definitely feel like this season doesn't quite hold up to the last 3 in a row which were all great. I'm sure they'll knock the final season out of the park still, so its all good.

Agreed, not bad by any means, but few great moments. The resolution of the '21 foot rule' was up to past standards, however the rest of it is simply good, not great.

None of the female characters has put in a full shift so far, and Boyd has not been around enough, too. Having the characters run to Limehouse, or even Constable Bob, would thicken the plots for the final episode.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:22 AM   #208
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I, for one, can do without another Limehouse visit.

Haven't loved this season either. I like Michael Rappaport, but he just hasn't clicked for me. The drug stuff has been incredibly convoluted, the prison stuff has been lame, the conflict between Art and Raylon never really materialized into anything all that interesting and that mopey kid drives me up the wall. Many great individual moments as always, but the overall story has been kind of blah.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:50 AM   #209
Ronnie Dobbs3
High School Varsity

Well Justified seems to be on an odd-season decent/even-season fantastic pattern so hopefully it will go out with a bang.

Probably my least favorite season so far. It just hasn't gone anywhere interesting or worthwhile.
Ronnie Dobbs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:20 PM   #210
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

I thought Dickie Bennett was dead, but there he was last week in jail. Where we left him. Another character I'd like to see make a comeback, but alas, I doubt it.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
Old 04-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #211
Ronnie Dobbs3
High School Varsity

Just read Graham Yost's AMA on Reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/television/c...ified_and_you/) - he seemed to indicate we haven't seen the last of many characters (Dickie explicitly)

Characters he says it would strange if we didn't see again: Dickie, Limehouse, Winona, Bob
Also hints that Quarles isn't dead.

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs3 : 04-01-2014 at 03:41 PM.
Ronnie Dobbs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #212
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs3 View Post
Well Justified seems to be on an odd-season decent/even-season fantastic pattern so hopefully it will go out with a bang.

Probably my least favorite season so far. It just hasn't gone anywhere interesting or worthwhile.
Idk, I liked 2, 3 and 4, and even the end of season 1 once they got past the procedural feel. I think part of the problem with this season is that the extended Crowe family just seems like the Bennett family 2.0, both in terms of the individual members and their relationship with Boyd and Raylan. Alicia Witt is no Margo Martindale, but if S2 and S5 were flipped we'd probably look back more fondly on the Crowe season and question the Bennett arc. As much as I love the show, it's why it makes sense to end it after 6 seasons - without wildly expanding the world, there's only so many crime families you can have in the Harlan County area with ties to Raylan's past. I would however absolutely be down for Raylan Givens popping up on Hawaii 5-0 and CSI Miami or a spin-off featuring Tim and Rachel (True Detective Season 2?)

I would be surprised if Quarles is still alive. Raylan isn't the type to execute a criminal, but I also don't think he or Limehouse were in any hurry to call an ambulance or tourniquet that wound, and Quarles was gushing blood after getting dis"armed". Now if Ice Pick Nix or Jackie Nevada want to re-appear, yes please.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:44 PM   #213
General Mike
Pro Starter

Business just picked up on Agents of SHIELD. I figured Person X was going to be the "Big Bad" when I looked up their comic background a while ago.

Spoiler
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #214
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Just finished this week's Justified and it was very good.

Some of the best lines in a while:

"This is the worst job ever!"

Dewey saying, "When I gave you that, the anus is on you to protect it."

That and his gas stealing scene are top notch.

Season Finale looks to be solid, too.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:18 PM   #215
Radii
Head Coach

Don't forget Raylan telling Dewey that he shouldn't be speaking in the third person. I love Dewey Crowe, I hope he doesn't die along with Daryl next week (surely that's what will happen right?) Any episode that puts Raylan and Boyd in the same room as frequently as this one did is going to be pretty good.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #216
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Don't forget Raylan telling Dewey that he shouldn't be speaking in the third person. I love Dewey Crowe, I hope he doesn't die along with Daryl next week (surely that's what will happen right?) Any episode that puts Raylan and Boyd in the same room as frequently as this one did is going to be pretty good.
Don't see how Dewey Crowe would die too... he'll be in prison and ideally re-united with his BFF Dickie. Ava could also die, but if they were intending for her death to be powerful or be the catalyst for next season's (presumed) Raylan-Boyd showdown they've messed that up.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:26 PM   #217
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Ava could also die, but if they were intending for her death to be powerful or be the catalyst for next season's (presumed) Raylan-Boyd showdown they've messed that up.

Yup. I'm curious if anyone likes the Ava storyline. I thought she was a pretty solid character the first four seasons, she's dangerously close to "I'll just fastforward when I see her on screen" status now for me.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #218
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

The Ava story line only became relevant with this last episode, IMO. I don't think Boyd has really given up on her, and we will see that in the last episode. Her now being desperate adds to the pressure.

I, too, love Dewey Crowe. And I like the idea of him and Dickie B getting together in jail.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #219
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Veep-
I'd give the premiere a solid A and I can't wait for this season to continue. I'm assuming that there will be some sort of bad deal made to incorporate the Jo-Nad into the VP camp. I could watch a 4 minute reel of Jonah insults that didn't make TV...someone needs to do this. JLD is freaking great.

Silicon Valley-
Very promising A-/B+ type start. Mike Judge has a great track record and I really like the cast a lot. Looking forward i'd say it's way more likely to be an A quality type show. So much material to satarize.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:44 PM   #220
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Veep-
I'd give the premiere a solid A and I can't wait for this season to continue. I'm assuming that there will be some sort of bad deal made to incorporate the Jo-Nad into the VP camp. I could watch a 4 minute reel of Jonah insults that didn't make TV...someone needs to do this. JLD is freaking great.

Silicon Valley-
Very promising A-/B+ type start. Mike Judge has a great track record and I really like the cast a lot. Looking forward i'd say it's way more likely to be an A quality type show. So much material to satarize.

I've tried Veep 5 times now and I'm not understanding the love for that show at all.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:15 PM   #221
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Loved the Veep premiere. Also, the Shameless finale was a great end to their best season yet.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:21 PM   #222
Thomkal
Head Coach

In case you missed it, Warehouse 13 returned this week, sadly with its last few episodes. Expecting a wild ride the rest of the way if the first episode was any indication. There was one big wow moment about 20 minutes in that was pretty cool actually
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:26 PM   #223
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Fargo starts tonight on FX.

Orphan Black starts Saturday night.

My TV schedule is becoming a bit tight now:

Mondays: Clear
Tuesday: Shield + Fargo
Wednesday: Americans
Thursday: Clear
Friday: Hannibal
Saturday: Orphan Black
Sunday: Game of Thrones, Veep and Silicon Valley.

The only show I watch live is GoT. The rest are DVR'd and watched in the morning before work.

Throw in the NHL playoffs and, like Prince Humperdink before his wedding, I'm swamped.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:13 PM   #224
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Mondays: Clear
Tuesday: Shield + Fargo
Wednesday: Americans
Thursday: Clear
Friday: Hannibal
Saturday: Orphan Black
Sunday: Game of Thrones, Veep and Silicon Valley.

The only show I watch live is GoT. The rest are DVR'd and watched in the morning before work.

Throw in the NHL playoffs and, like Prince Humperdink before his wedding, I'm swamped.
I really think The Shield has really gone downhill since Season 7. Vic Mackey doing paperwork just isn't that exciting. (jk, I know you meant Agents of Shield.)

Hopefully Boston can do you a favor and ensure there aren't too many Red Wings games you have to watch!
Old 04-20-2014, 11:00 PM   #225
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Just started watching Orphan Black (Season 1), love it!
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:32 PM   #226
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That whole burger king bit on Silicon Valley really cracked me up.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:52 PM   #227
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That whole burger king bit on Silicon Valley really cracked me up.

It was funny. The show amuses me at times - although the stereotypical friends are "eh."
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:53 PM   #228
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Loved the Veep premiere. Also, the Shameless finale was a great end to their best season yet.

Just wrapped up Shameless season four, marathon style. I agree, best season yet which is saying a lot.

Also, just catching up on Hannibal. What an amazing show if you can suspend reality a bit (Dexter style) about the sheer volume of crazy murders/serial killers.

The actor playing Hannibal does such a great job...chilling stuff.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:35 PM   #229
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

So I watched the first episode of True Detective tonight. Creepy. And Matthew McI'mNotGoingToTryToSpellIt looks ill. I realize he lost the weight to film Dallas Buyer's Club but man does he look awful. I'm not sure on the show FOR ME. It might be too much.

From the talk here, sounds like Silicon Valley will be more my speed.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:11 AM   #230
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Spoiler Alert-
Dude who played Peter Gregory is dead in real life. Dunno if his scenes were filmed or not.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:49 PM   #231
Logan
Head Coach

Tonight's Parks and Rec finale was amazing.

Last edited by Logan : 04-24-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:22 PM   #232
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

Absolutely, such a great episode.

"Hey! I'm on Endor!"
Old 04-25-2014, 01:24 AM   #233
chadritt
High School Varsity

Quote:

+1, i loved it. Its one of my favorite shows on tv, certainly the #1 comedy for me.
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:44 AM   #234
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:

They should have saved that episode for the series finale. It would have gone down as one of the all-time greats in TV history.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:21 AM   #235
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
They should have saved that episode for the series finale. It would have gone down as one of the all-time greats in TV history.

From reading the interview Mike Schur did with Sepinwall (http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...season-finale), it seems like they sort of treated this like it was, with the added bonus of giving the show some new life for the likely last season. Seems like they knew that they were out of quality material in the current point in time. I guess that's what happens when you spend five and a half years never knowing if you'll get a chance to come back with more in the fall.

Last edited by Logan : 04-25-2014 at 07:24 AM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:01 PM   #236
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post
Just started watching Orphan Black (Season 1), love it!

Watched the first episode yesterday. It has promise and I know I will watch more episodes just because of the lead character (she defines the word hot).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:14 PM   #237
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I forgot to tape it, but last night's CSI was supposedly a backdoor pilot for a new show.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:06 PM   #238
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I hate those
Old 05-02-2014, 10:38 AM   #239
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Spoiler Alert-
Dude who played Peter Gregory is dead in real life. Dunno if his scenes were filmed or not.

Huh?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:21 AM   #240
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Huh?

The guy who plays Peter Gregory died in December. I'd assume the show was finished filming by then.

Last edited by stevew : 05-03-2014 at 03:23 AM.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:22 AM   #241
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm hoping Will Graham is up to shenanigans. That "slice the ginger" line was great.

Good to see Mason Verger, even if it's a bit early to introduce him.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:45 PM   #242
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
I'm hoping Will Graham is up to shenanigans. That "slice the ginger" line was great.

Good to see Mason Verger, even if it's a bit early to introduce him.

That episode was pretty bizarre. Is Graham really killing fools now?
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:51 PM   #243
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
That episode was pretty bizarre. Is Graham really killing fools now?

Spoiler
Old 05-05-2014, 01:12 AM   #244
stevew
Hall Of Famer

You never saw Hannibal the movie? Michael Pitt's character is bonkers.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:29 AM   #245
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
You never saw Hannibal the movie? Michael Pitt's character is bonkers.

Only Silence of the Lambs.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:48 PM   #246
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Only Silence of the Lambs.

This character is the main villain of Hannibal the movie and those pigs factor in prominently.

I doubt they'll reveal the top secret plan with Frankie but I'm assuming Graham has either begged her to dissapear for safety or has locked her away. I think Graham figures the only way to get Letter is to 100% make him believe they are on the same level.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:17 AM   #247
Thomkal
Head Coach

Is it too early to start the 2015 TV Thread? And are you ready for some Batman...before there was a Batman?

Fox Orders Batman Prequel ‘Gotham’ to Series | Variety

In other Fox news, very disappointed they did not renew Almost Human for a second season.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:42 AM   #248
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
In other Fox news, very disappointed they did not renew Almost Human for a second season.

Yeah, I wish they had given it another season to develop.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:52 PM   #249
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Sadly, it was one of those shows were I saw it a couple of times and liked it but knew it would get the axe so I didn't make it a part of regular viewing

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:22 PM   #250
oykib
College Starter

Quote:
Is it too early to start the 2015 TV Thread? And are you ready for some Batman...before there was a Batman?

Fox Orders Batman Prequel ‘Gotham’ to Series | Variety

I have the same comment for that news that I had when I first heard about Smallville.

A: "Hey. What's the most interesting thing about Clark Kent?"

B: "That's easy. He's Superman."

A: "What we should do is take that interesting thing about him away and make a TV series out of it!"

You can apply that same jackass logic to Gotham.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote