Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2015, 08:41 PM   #201
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

There appears to be video of Pac Man Jones ripping off Amari Coopers helmet while he was on top of him in the "mount" position as MMA would call it. He then sat the helmet down and rammed Cooper's head into it.

I didn't see that game today. Was it flagged on the field?

Last edited by dubb93 : 09-13-2015 at 08:44 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:48 PM   #202
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
There appears to be video of Pac Man Jones ripping off Amari Coopers helmet while he was on top of him in the "mount" position as MMA would call it. He then sat the helmet down and rammed Cooper's head into it.

I didn't see that game today. Was it flagged on the field?

Pacman Jones Rips Amari Cooper's Helmet Off, Slams His Head Into It

Yes, flagged
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:00 PM   #203
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post

But no ejection

That should be an automatic suspension. I'd say it should go 4 games or more, but as I don't think the NFL has a policy on how long they can suspend someone for on field violence, it'll get overturned in court if they don't just fine him 25k.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:03 PM   #204
sabotai
General Manager

First half impressions for the Giants

The Good: Giants special teams covering very well on kickoffs and punts. Defense is tackling well and they're winning the turnover battle. Nice to see the offense line up with 15-20 seconds on the play clock rather than 5 seconds.

The Bad: O-Line still feels shaky, and the offense overall feels out of sync.

The Ugly: No pass rush from the defense. At all.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:19 PM   #205
cuervo72
Head Coach

I never know who to root for in this matchup this early. I typically lean Giants, but you never know if the Cowboys are going to pull a turkey for the season.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:22 PM   #206
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

let's go Giants!

Does that help?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 09-13-2015 at 09:22 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:30 PM   #207
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
But no ejection

That should be an automatic suspension. I'd say it should go 4 games or more, but as I don't think the NFL has a policy on how long they can suspend someone for on field violence, it'll get overturned in court if they don't just fine him 25k.

And how is this jackass still in the league...
Old 09-13-2015, 09:34 PM   #208
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Rumors persist that Grigson and Pagano do not get along. That isn't going to help this year's cohesion. If the Colts weren't in the AFC South, I'd be more pessimistic about the season. Think they'll still win the division, but there's no deep run for a team with such a mediocre defense. Grigson has build an impressive offense (that will gel though Hilton being hurt now doesn't help), but has not helped the defense. No pass rush will expose an average secondary. Pagano, despite going 11-5 each year and going one step farther in the playoffs each time, will get canned and we'll keep the wrong guy, Grigson.

I'm with Pilot that this is the least excited I've been for the season that I can remember. Maybe it was the drug out Pats story. It probably didn't help that all this emphasis on Fan Duel with the networks seem to put the focus on fantasy rather than strategy.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:02 PM   #209
sabotai
General Manager

If Preston Parker really is the Giants' best 3rd WR (well, 4th, with Cruz out), I'm terrified to see what #4 and #5 would be like out there...
Old 09-13-2015, 10:03 PM   #210
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Good job McBride!!!

Old 09-13-2015, 10:07 PM   #211
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Poor Romo. He's actually looked fairly good today. And I think they'll call that an interception. But not a pick-6, it seems.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:11 PM   #212
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

That will be one of the most fun plays of the year. The hit, the fumble, the return and a few Cowboys getting blown up on the return including Romo. Good stuff!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:15 PM   #213
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
If Preston Parker really is the Giants' best 3rd WR (well, 4th, with Cruz out), I'm terrified to see what #4 and #5 would be like out there...

Didn't understand why they cut James Jones.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:20 PM   #214
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Joe Buck has the nerve to admonish the public for making the McCarthy comments a big deal? Pot. Meet. Black.

Okay, maybe this is something super-obvious and I'm just tired and not remembering...

...but what the heck are you talking about? Which Mccarthy and what comments?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:26 PM   #215
sabotai
General Manager

Absolutely love seeing Jennings tuck that ball tight when a defender gets close.

Love him even more for grabbing Flowers and pulling him away after Mincey's shot.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:29 PM   #216
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Okay, maybe this is something super-obvious and I'm just tired and not remembering...

I didn't know either

Old 09-13-2015, 10:34 PM   #217
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

It does seem like NBC is trying to figure out what flavor gum Coughlin is chomping like a 3-year-old.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:37 PM   #218
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
Poor Romo. He's actually looked fairly good today. And I think they'll call that an interception. But not a pick-6, it seems.

I thought the pacing of the Dallas offense was horrible tonight. For the first 3.5 quarters, it was lollygag to the line, drain the clock to 1 and snap the ball.

If you are the better team, you want more plays, not less. The less plays equals more variance. They pick up the pace on that last drive and went right down the field and scored a TD. Too late.

They acted like they didn't give a damn and it burned them. Giants didn't look good, but they were good enough.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:40 PM   #219
kingfc22
Head Coach

If The Giants managed the clock correctly this game is over.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:40 PM   #220
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

The pacing is more a coach thing. As is whoever thought Eli should leave the pocket on third down with no time outs left. What a terrible play call. Just dive if the receiver isn't wide open.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:42 PM   #221
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I was led to believe that Romo sucks.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:42 PM   #222
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Wow. Whoever called that third down pass play, wouldn't have a job tomorrow. That was just flat ridiculous.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:43 PM   #223
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
I thought the pacing of the Dallas offense was horrible tonight. For the first 3.5 quarters, it was lollygag to the line, drain the clock to 1 and snap the ball.

If you are the better team, you want more plays, not less. The less plays equals more variance. They pick up the pace on that last drive and went right down the field and scored a TD. Too late.

They acted like they didn't give a damn and it burned them. Giants didn't look good, but they were good enough.

wasn't blaming Romo, was just stating I hated the strategy.

As far as the rest of my post. . . DOH!!!!!!!

Wow.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:43 PM   #224
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Giants screwed themselves. Should have run the ball on 3rd and then on 4th. At worst they are up 3 with about 35-40 seconds left and the Cowboys starting at their own 1.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:45 PM   #225
BillJasper
Pro Starter

I can't believe Coughlin didn't call his own timeout when that call came from the offensive coordinator.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:46 PM   #226
sabotai
General Manager

Collingsworth did bring up a good point (holy shit). If the pass wasn't there, Eli could have taken the sack/taken a knee, and the result still would have been the same as a running play with the clock ticking.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:46 PM   #227
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I was led to believe that Romo sucks.

Only if they had lost tonight. When he wins, it isn't a big game. When he loses, it is because he is a choker.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:47 PM   #228
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Collingsworth did bring up a good point (holy shit). If the pass wasn't there, Eli could have taken the sack/taken a knee, and the result still would have been the same as a running play with the clock ticking.

But why even screw around with it. I'd have had Manning run backwards ten yards then kneel before ever calling a pass play in that situation.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:47 PM   #229
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I only wish Brandon Marshall were a Giant and could be interviewed right now.

I hope Dallas appreciates Romo, because that was a great performance. Maybe the Giants have a lousy secondary, but it was a physical game and Romo held up.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:47 PM   #230
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yep, at that point kick the field goal to go up 6 and they have a great shot with only about 35 seconds left after the kickoff. Though I would have gone with 2 runs up the gut.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:48 PM   #231
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Giants are going to have a rough year. You can't expect that kind of performance from your defense every week.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:48 PM   #232
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Only if they had lost tonight. When he wins, it isn't a big game. When he loses, it is because he is a choker.

He's a bum...
Old 09-13-2015, 11:02 PM   #233
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Yep, at that point kick the field goal to go up 6 and they have a great shot with only about 35 seconds left after the kickoff. Though I would have gone with 2 runs up the gut.

Ditto. I'd have ran it twice up the gut. At worst, the Cowboys have 35 seconds left to drive from their goalposts about 70 yards just for the chance to kick a field goal.

Seriously, that has to be some of the worst clock management I've ever seen in an NFL game.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:10 PM   #234
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Sounds like Dez is out until the Cowboys bye week.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:10 PM   #235
sabotai
General Manager

Sometimes players stick around too long for their own good. They don't retire even when their body and mind are begging them to.

I think I had a good run as a "fan". 4 Super Bowl wins is a pretty good "fan" career. I think it's time for me to retire from fandom. I just centered my entire Sunday night around this game, and right now all I can think about is all of the things I could have done instead. My mood has been entirely ruined by 1 bad play call and 1 bad penalty (DPI on DRC)...(and some lousy defensive play on the last two Cowboys drives. That 3rd down play was bad, but the defense on the last two drives was downright horrible. Can't forget that.).

Honestly, I'm not just pouting (although, could you blame me? ). I've felt this way over the last few years even when the Giants won. When the game is on, I'm fine but once it's over, I feel shitty and depressed. Like I just wasted away a day over something that doesn't matter.

Yeah, I think I should just retire from fandom for my own mental health. I've had a good career.

See you guys in next week's thread.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:20 PM   #236
kingfc22
Head Coach

Hate the Cowboys but that saved my Survivor pool entry. So there's that.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:22 PM   #237
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Seriously, that has to be some of the worst clock management I've ever seen in an NFL game.

And it wasn't just the 3rd down play. It's was great to see the Giants get to the line with 20 seconds on the play clock and snapping it with 10-15 seconds on (after years of seeming them get to the line with 5-7 seconds and always hurrying to get the play off), but they were still doing it late in the 4th quarter.

On the Giants last drive, they had clock issues. They finally got it right when everyone was lined up and the 40s on the play clock and the 4:20 on the game clock started. The giants snapped the ball with like 15-20 seconds left on the play clock. So there's 15-20 seconds they could have taken off. And they snapped the ball with 10-15 seconds on the play clock (with the game clock running) on a few other plays as well.

This whole thing with the 3rd down pass play wouldn't have happened if they had run the clock down more on those plays because the Cowboys would have been out of time outs and there would have been under a minute to go, with the clock running, on that 3rd down play.

I had a bad feeling time was going to bite them in the ass when I saw them snapping the ball with 10+ seconds on the play clock. The 3rd down pass play was just a massive shit cherry on top...
Old 09-13-2015, 11:23 PM   #238
cartman
Death Herald

Arts and Crafts Romo beats Bad Comedian Eli
Old 09-13-2015, 11:30 PM   #239
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Giants screwed themselves. Should have run the ball on 3rd and then on 4th. At worst they are up 3 with about 35-40 seconds left and the Cowboys starting at their own 1.

Coughlin was wrong letting that call go in and Manning should have just fallen down when the play was covered.

No excuse from a veteran coach and a veteran QB, this loss is on them.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:37 PM   #240
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Facegaurding is NOT a penalty in the NFL or college. Only some HS states have it.

When I watched the play live, I was sure it was PI and I was sure it was going to be 1st and 2 Ravens with them winning the game. Watching the replay, he was never touched. It was clean and it was an INT.

We'll see more about Manning as the year goes on. I think the arm strength thing was way overblown today. Denver didn't run the ball at all outside of the first and last drive. The offensive line was a disaster for most of the game.

it's going to be a brutal week this week. We look banged up. Chiefs will be out for blood. I still love our defense against the KC offense, but I'm not very confident about the other side yet. I hope the OLine gels.

Eh, I only watched it live and I guess they were just lucky the ref had a great angle.

Aqib Talib looks so much like Snoop Dogg I really wonder if they're related.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:05 AM   #241
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Eh, I only watched it live and I guess they were just lucky the ref had a great angle.

Aqib Talib looks so much like Snoop Dogg I really wonder if they're related.

I only know the facegaurd rule because I kept hearing announcers talk about it and wanted to see what the rule was. It is perfectly legal. It is important to turn and look for the ball, because you can have some contact if you are fighting for the ball. (See the Ravens int today)

Yeah, we are lucky they called it right. If we had the ref who called the Giants for PI, we would have been screwed.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:42 AM   #242
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Nice job boys
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 05:01 AM   #243
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

That was what Dallas did on offense all last year. Not entirely sure what the logic is, but possibly protecting the defense or allowing Romo more time to dissect what is being done defensively.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 05:37 AM   #244
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

Packers coach defends 'kick Chicago's ass' comment | Chicago Sun-Times

Quote:
One week ago, video captured the Packers’ head coach saying that “we will proudly stand as the 95th team in the history of the Green Bay Packers when we kick Chicago’s ass!”

As usual some people talked up the comments to be the dreaded bulletin board that would propel the Bears to the win. During the game, Buck decided to castigate those people.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:38 AM   #245
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Suggs tore an achilles. Gone for the year.

Too bad for his domestic-violence-loving ass.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:52 AM   #246
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Oh man.. when Eli dropped back to pass on that play I was screaming at the TV.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:12 AM   #247
Thomkal
Head Coach

No Lathum comments on the Giants game? Has he been banned?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:58 AM   #248
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Suggs tore an achilles. Gone for the year.

Karma's a bitch...
Old 09-14-2015, 11:18 AM   #249
BillJasper
Pro Starter

So, is it anything goes on the field now? Jones won't be suspended, Suh won't be suspended.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:21 AM   #250
Kodos
Resident Alien

Suh did something again?