Old 01-17-2016, 03:49 PM   #201
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Good point
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:02 PM   #202
TroyF
Coordinator

3rd and 2. Denver has made statements all week about wanting to run the football.

So run it. Don't resort to trickery. Call an actual running play. Really stupid call there.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:02 PM   #203
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I really don't understand what the rule is for leading with the crown.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:33 PM   #204
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I really don't understand what the rule is for leading with the crown.

Not sure I really understand pass interference anymore the way Talib wrapped his arms around Bryant in the end zone well before the ball got there.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:35 PM   #205
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Going to be really irritated if Pittsburgh wins and the Chiefs let the opportunity slip away to host an AFC title game.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:44 PM   #206
Thomkal
Head Coach

19 yards is the biggest pass play for Manning so far-I thought Big Ben was the QB with the injured shoulder
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:58 PM   #207
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
19 yards is the biggest pass play for Manning so far-I thought Big Ben was the QB with the injured shoulder

To be fair, the Steelers long plays are all after the catch. In the air, both have struggled with accuracy and i don´t think its a stretch that the wind played a part so far (seems to be letting up now).

I think both QBs are doing fine, Bens receivers do a better job with it.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 01-17-2016 at 05:59 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:06 PM   #208
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Whether or not he "gave himself up" can't be challenge-able... can it?
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:08 PM   #209
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Bullshit call. If someone smacks Peyton on the ground its a personal foul
Old 01-17-2016, 06:08 PM   #210
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Slick by Tomlin to slow things down when Manning was telling guys to get to the line of scrimmage, BTW. He probably knew it wasn't reviewable when he threw the flag.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:11 PM   #211
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Geez, we need a punt returner
Old 01-17-2016, 06:12 PM   #212
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The fuck is that rule
Old 01-17-2016, 06:12 PM   #213
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Now that is a BS rule
Old 01-17-2016, 06:13 PM   #214
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That should be spotted at the 1 even if the rule says it would be a touchback if recovered in the endzone.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:14 PM   #215
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Seems weird to be able to muff a punt, then basically benefit by jumping on it in your own endzone.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:15 PM   #216
stevew
Hall Of Famer

We're really YAC'ing them today
Old 01-17-2016, 06:16 PM   #217
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
We're really YAC'ing them today

You would think they would adjust the defense to stop the underneath pass that has occurred consistently this game
Old 01-17-2016, 06:17 PM   #218
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Really bad fumble
Old 01-17-2016, 06:19 PM   #219
kingfc22
Head Coach

Looked like a nice flop to draw that holding call
Old 01-17-2016, 06:23 PM   #220
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
That should be spotted at the 1 even if the rule says it would be a touchback if recovered in the endzone.

I think they should have challenged that he was down by contact at the one before he slid to the end zone.

Edit boy that was stuck in the ipad for a bit

Last edited by Glengoyne : 01-17-2016 at 06:25 PM.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:24 PM   #221
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This field is really garbage today
Old 01-17-2016, 06:29 PM   #222
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

That non-PI call in the end zone is looking huge now.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:30 PM   #223
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
This field is really garbage today

The field is in great shape.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:31 PM   #224
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
That non-PI call in the end zone is looking huge now.

That was not PI in the end zone sorry to say but get you are a Pats fan so sure😊
Old 01-17-2016, 06:35 PM   #225
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
The field is in great shape.

If your neighbor had grass like that you'd be calling the HOA.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:39 PM   #226
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Why wasn't that a fumble?
Old 01-17-2016, 06:41 PM   #227
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Forward progress stopped I guess.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:46 PM   #228
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
If your neighbor had grass like that you'd be calling the HOA.

Haha yeah I see what you mean color wise but you get we live in a semi arid desert region with little rain so that is common but they could have used the sprinklers more sure. The field is dry and very intact.

Last edited by Galaril : 01-17-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:47 PM   #229
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
That was not PI in the end zone sorry to say but get you are a Pats fan so sure😊

Sorry, you must have me confused with someone else. I was hoping for a Chiefs-Cards final before the weekend. Now I'm rooting for the Cards. I don't own a single piece of merchandise and live in the centre of Canada and have no allegiance. Also, I'm not sure if a Pats fan would rather face the Steelers of Broncos so that comment is really moot.

Regarding the actual play, watch the replay and tell me how the CB can have both arms wrapped around the WR before the ball even gets there and it not be a penalty.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:49 PM   #230
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Good game.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:50 PM   #231
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
Sorry, you must have me confused with someone else. I was hoping for a Chiefs-Cards final before the weekend. Now I'm rooting for the Cards. I don't own a single piece of merchandise and live in the centre of Canada and have no allegiance. Also, I'm not sure if a Pats fan would rather face the Steelers of Broncos so that comment is really moot.

Regarding the actual play, watch the replay and tell me how the CB can have both arms wrapped around the WR before the ball even gets there and it not be a penalty.

The play was close. I watched the play a number of times and the ball got there when his hands wrapped him up.

Pats wanted the Steelers without Brown, injured QB and get to play in Foxboro.

Last edited by Galaril : 01-17-2016 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:54 PM   #232
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Good game.

Great game and tons of props to the Steelers, clean hard played game and with the injuries Pittsburgh played with tons of heart.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:57 PM   #233
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Four one score games and this weekend continues to be one of my favourites every year. All four road teams last week and all four home teams this week.

If the Chiefs could have pulled it off, we also would have had four former first overall picks as the four starting QB's. I believe that would have been the first time ever. As it is, we have three 1st's and a 199.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:57 PM   #234
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Pats wanted the Steelers without Brown, injured QB and get to play in Foxboro.
That's the only part I care about... would've rather faced the Broncos at Foxboro than travel to Pittsburgh (plus Big Ben looked no more banged up than he normally does and AB was probably likely to play next week, though we'll never know for sure). Oh well, should've beaten the Dolphins... now I just need to completely tune out every radio host and ESPN for 6.75 days!
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:07 PM   #235
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'll be rooting for either NFC team to win the Super Bowl.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:10 PM   #236
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
That's the only part I care about... would've rather faced the Broncos at Foxboro than travel to Pittsburgh (plus Big Ben looked no more banged up than he normally does and AB was probably likely to play next week, though we'll never know for sure). Oh well, should've beaten the Dolphins... now I just need to completely tune out every radio host and ESPN for 6.75 days!

I expect an ass whipping at the hands of your Pats next weekend. You guys are going to be like a 5 or 6 point favorite even in Denver . Weather is supposed to be 50 degrees sunny and light wind too.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:12 PM   #237
TroyF
Coordinator

Well, that's Denver.

Steelers moved the ball better than I expected, but Denver was simply set up to not allow the over the top TD's they had a few weeks ago. I am not saying I liked the strategy, but that was clearly the strategy right from the start. Don't blitz a lot, play deep zones and force the Steelers to drive down the field while Denver just wanted to avoid turnovers and stick with the run.

Take out the Denver drops and the game would probably have been over or changed much earlier. While the Steelers moved the ball with some big plays (underneath routes that went for big yardage mostly), they didn't move the ball at any other point. 2-14 on third and fourth downs.

On the PI in the end zone, I watched that play 15 times on slow mo rewind and I'll be damned if I can give an opinion on it. Overall, I thought the refs did a pretty good job in this one. I also liked the fact there wasn't any real cheap shots out there. The Broncos were still VERY angry about the cheap shot the Steelers linemena took last month. (he should have been suspended by the way, one of the cheapest shots I've seen this year) The Steelers were pissed off about the "bounty" Denver put on him. (all Denver said publicly is that they would hit him between the whistles) Either way, based off of the idiocy we've seen the last few weeks it is good everyone acted appropriately.

Next week is going to be interesting. Usually, Beli tries to ugly it up to slow down Manning. Now the Broncos will be trying to ugly it up to slow down Brady. I'm hoping for a blizzard with 75 mile an hour winds. If it comes down the running game, I think Denver will be better than the Patriots. But getting spread out and Brady making his quick reads? Nope, nope, nope. Find a way to slow the pace, have long drives and pressure Brady into a few mistakes. That's the way Denver can win this game. (I will be cheering for Denver, but would give the Patriots a 65 to 70 percent shot of winning this game. Maybe more.)
Old 01-17-2016, 07:12 PM   #238
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post

+1

All game long, I kept think whether to have the Pats play at home vs. Steelers thinking that Brown would be back or play on the road vs. Broncos. Couldn't decide which was the lesser of two evils.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:14 PM   #239
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Pats didn't deserve home field. Looking forward to another Brady/Manning game.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:16 PM   #240
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The play was close. I watched the play a number of times and the ball got there when his hands wrapped him up.

We might be talking about different plays. This is the one in the 3rd quarter I was referencing. The hug only got worse after this point as the ball got closer. I don't even think Phil Seeems mentioned it at all. Clearly looked like PI to me live and on all the replays.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:20 PM   #241
Kodos
Resident Alien

Not an impressive win, but the Broncos live to fight another day.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:23 PM   #242
Thomkal
Head Coach

I think Denver has the better chance of beating New England, so glad they won, but I'm already sick of the Manning vs Brady pre-game hype.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:54 PM   #243
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I expect an ass whipping at the hands of your Pats next weekend. You guys are going to be like a 5 or 6 point favorite even in Denver . Weather is supposed to be 50 degrees sunny and light wind too.

Pats -3 Total 44
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 08:34 PM   #244
TroyF
Coordinator

For the hell of it, lets play the fan game:

Patriots fan:

We'll win because we are finally healthy and we are playing against a corpse. The Denver offense hasn't been good all year and it isn't going to start next week. Our WR are solid and Denver will have a difficult time slowing down this team with a healthy Gronk and Edelman. The Broncos have been playing with fire all year long and it will backfire on them next week.

Broncos fan:

The Patriots have not been as dominant as people seem to think for most of this season. They are a very good team, but everyone who reaches this point is. They were not a historic team even before their injuries. Brady has never had a lot of success in Denver. His two wins are over Danny Kannel and Tim Tebow. The Denver defense is the single best unit that will be on the field on Sunday. The Broncos will keep things close and there is no reason to think they can't pull one out.

Carolina fan:

We are 16-1. Period. The offense is great, the defense is great and we are at home where we have won 11 straight games. We have the MVP of the league and the pass rush to put Palmer on his back. Speaking of Palmer, did you see how weak he was against GB? We'll make him pay for every one of those mistakes. We don't have WR? Who did the Packers have? The same Packers who torched that defense for a majority of the game?

Cardinals fan:

If it weren't for a miracle play, we win that game in regulation and we didn't even play close to our best. We know that if we get down, the Panthers are prone to sleepwalking through full halves of football and will let us back in the game. Palmer was poor, but he got through it. We went 7-1 on the road. We played about as poorly as we can and still won the game. We won't play that poorly again. Pederson will take out Ginn by himself and force the Panthers to beat us with Olsen and the running game. That may work when Russell Wilson is throwing INT's inside the 20 yard line, it won't work so well when you have to drive 80 yards each time you get the ball.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:28 PM   #245
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

My one point of hopefulness next weekend is that I think the Steelers offensive line is much better than the Patriots. They should get pressure on Brady and I don't think they will have much luck running the ball.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:39 PM   #246
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

With Edelman in the line up they get the ball out consistently in 1 to 2 seconds. Mitigates any pass rush. That's how they did it early in the season and yesterday. They barely even bother to run.

Denver will need to disrupt the short timing routes. If they can do that they will likely pressure consistently rushing just 4. Pats offensive line has been truly awful all year. They were just able to mask it the first half of the season.

Last edited by jeff061 : 01-17-2016 at 09:41 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:13 PM   #247
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche View Post
My one point of hopefulness next weekend is that I think the Steelers offensive line is much better than the Patriots. They should get pressure on Brady and I don't think they will have much luck running the ball.

Just read that Chris Harris played most of the game hurt and only third downs mostly and is likely the nickel or dime back again next week with Roby, Talib being the starting backers and Bolden may be lost with a torn ACL so they are going to have a hard time controlling the Pats passing game.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:00 AM   #248
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
With Edelman in the line up they get the ball out consistently in 1 to 2 seconds. Mitigates any pass rush. That's how they did it early in the season and yesterday. They barely even bother to run.

Denver will need to disrupt the short timing routes. If they can do that they will likely pressure consistently rushing just 4. Pats offensive line has been truly awful all year. They were just able to mask it the first half of the season.

The Patriots make it really hard to do that. I think what Denver has to do is one from the Patriots playbook.You aren't going to stop the catches, but what you can do is pound them after the catch it. Don't miss tackles. Cover the living hell out of the short routes and force Brady to throw it either into tight coverage or deep. He's 20 of 60 on any pass over 21 yards down field this year. Take the chance.

The Patriots have zero running game and that isn't fixed by having all the WR back. They can only beat you one way now.

I'll state one last thing Denver MUST do if they are going to win. Forget Ware/Miller on the edge. I don't give a damn about that. If Denver want to beat Brady, they need to get pressure up the middle.

This game is going to be decided by turnovers and long plays IMO. The offenses are both incredibly flawed. I favor the Pats in this one, but I can easily see a scenario where Denver uglies up the game, controls TOP and eeks out an ugly win.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:55 AM   #249
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
So, wild card weekend all of the road teams won, and this past weekend all of the home teams won. First time since the 2004 season that all of the 1 and 2 seeds will meet in the conference championship games.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 11:10 AM   #250
PilotMan
Head Coach

Go Cards.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote