Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-04-2023, 06:08 PM   #25901
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
KFC family bucket "deals" aren't as good as they used to be.

I was curious, so I looked.

Both KFC and Popeyes 12 pc bucket meal (2 large sides, some biscuits) are $34 here.

The only edge might be to Popeye's, whose chicken is at least somewhat normal sized for chicken as opposed to the Kentucky Fried Canary "breast" at KFC in recent years.
Old 10-04-2023, 06:15 PM   #25902
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I haven't had KFC in years and our local KFC closed down a couple years ago. I also haven't had Popeyes in years because my wife can't eat spicy food and generally doesn't like fried chicken.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 06:17 PM   #25903
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

There's also the service aspect to consider. Not sure ANY chain has more consistently hostile employees than KFC. It's like surly is a requirement for hiring.
Old 10-04-2023, 07:09 PM   #25904
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Popeyes’ chicken murders KFC. KFC’s sides are infinitely better than Popeyes though.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 07:27 PM   #25905
cuervo72
Head Coach

Our Royal Farms has an 8pc mixed and 10pc dark specials for $12 and $15 respectively right now. It's within walking distance. I like Popeyes and all (though like Ksyrup the wife doesn't like chicken and she thinks the shrimp is on the spicy side), but if I'm in the mood for fried chicken I'm probably gonna be lazy and go there, maybe get some western fries as a side.
Old 10-04-2023, 07:42 PM   #25906
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Our Royal Farms has an 8pc mixed and 10pc dark specials for $12 and $15 respectively right now. It's within walking distance. I like Popeyes and all (though like Ksyrup the wife doesn't like chicken and she thinks the shrimp is on the spicy side), but if I'm in the mood for fried chicken I'm probably gonna be lazy and go there, maybe get some western fries as a side.

I mean don’t get me wrong if I really want a good family dinner of fried chicken there are a couple of local family owned restaurants in neighboring towns that we go to. I’m specifically comparing KFC to Popeyes in the above comparison.

Last edited by dubb93 : 10-04-2023 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-04-2023, 08:20 PM   #25907
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I, too, give zero fucks about my yard or yard work. I pretty much hire out any and all yard-related responsibilities.

We have a sprinkler system. We used it the first year we moved in. After I got the water bill for that summer, I refused to ever turn it on again.

Same. Unfortunately I do have to use the sprinkler system. HOA requires pretty grass and I have not reach a point financially or otherwise to just put in new sod when the old stuff dies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
At some point we gave up on car alarms as a useful concept.

I heard one the other day and realized I hadn't heard one in years.

Remember it is supposed to double as a panic signal that someone is in danger. Yeah I am the guy who somehow manages to press the panic button on my key fob at least once a month.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 08:26 PM   #25908
Edward64
Head Coach

We have a sprinkler system for our bermuda that we've not used for over a decade (and it's definitely in disrepair).

There was a drought one year when we were told not to use them, and we never reverted back.

My grass is still green. Maybe not the greenest in the neighborhood but it's not brown. Whatever rainfall we've had for the past decade has been good enough.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 01:02 PM   #25909
Ksyrup

So I see there's a new study that shows a correlation between having too HIGH a level of HDL and dementia.

I give up.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-06-2023, 07:22 AM   #25910
Edward64
Head Coach

Neat story on how a perp was apprehended.

Man walking with grandson and son hit, killed in front of them, Forsyth deputies say – WSB-TV Channel 2 - Atlanta
Quote:
FORSYTH COUNTY, Ga. — Deputies said a hit-and-run driver who killed a man in front of his son and grandson is now off the streets.
:
He was there, watching when a car hit his father walking near Atlanta Highway and Tidwell Road Tuesday evening around 8:30 p.m.

The driver never stopped.
How they caught the guy

Quote:
He said deputies studied traffic patterns in surveillance video and even looked for cars that normally traveled this area but did not the next day.
:
“Low and behold one of the vehicles missing in the pattern was found,” Freeman said.
Quote:
He said that the car was in a neighborhood less than half a mile away from the crash site.

It had a dented bumper, a broken headlight and a brand-new windshield.

Deputies found the shattered windshield at a nearby repair shop.

“Within one day, they had changed the windshield on the vehicle, they had changed the registration on the vehicle they had cleaned the vehicle,” Freeman explained.
Old 10-06-2023, 10:03 AM   #25911
Ksyrup

There's obviously a simpler explanation for this, but I'm going to consider it to be physiological affirmation that I don't feel as old as I am.

I've been taking a variety of vitamins for years, including a multi-vitamin. A couple of weeks ago, we went shopping and my wife was going to buy me some more of a men's multi-vitamin. She saw the Centrum Silver vitamins for men over 50 and suggested I take those because, you know, I'm 52. Whatever. Well I started taking them over the weekend while I was traveling and noticed in the mornings that I felt "off" - a little nauseous, something just not right. I didn't think much of it as I was traveling, staying at 2 different hotels in 2 different cities, eating different food, etc.

Came home this week and noticed the same thing during my drives to work the last 2 days. But I discounted it by noting that I took my vitamins at 5:45am and didn't eat anything until after 7am.

I'm working from home today. This morning, I ate my normal breakfast, had a couple cups of tea, and noticed around 10am that I forgot to take my vitamins. Didn't even think about how I had felt the previous week - until I took the vitamins and within about 5 minutes started getting that same feeling. So we're going to cut out the Centrum Silver and go back to YOUNG MAN MULTIVITAMIN and see if things go back to normal, since that's the only obvious change and based on the timing of what happened this morning.

Weird.
Old 10-06-2023, 10:10 AM   #25912
Edward64
Head Coach

I take Centrum Silver, no side effects that I've noticed.

But I believe you, looked it up.

Centrum Silver Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD
Quote:
Nausea, stomach upset, diarrhea, flushing and unpleasant taste may occur. If any of these effects last or get worse, notify your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
Old 10-07-2023, 04:07 PM   #25913
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67027881

More Random damage by americans
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 06:18 AM   #25914
Edward64
Head Coach

A Singapore style caning would be great.

Looked him up. Michael Fay's wiki only goes up to 1998

Quote:
Several months after returning to the United States, Fay suffered burns to his hands and face after a butane incident.[25][26][27] He was subsequently admitted to the Hazelden rehabilitation program for butane abuse.[25] He claimed that sniffing butane "made [him] forget what happened in Singapore."[28] In 1996, he was cited in Florida for a number of violations, including careless driving, reckless driving, not reporting a crash, and having an open bottle of alcohol in a car.[29] Later, in 1998, still in Florida, Fay was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, charges to which he confessed but was acquitted[30] because of technical errors in his arrest.[31]
Old 10-08-2023, 07:18 AM   #25915
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

butane abuse?
Old 10-08-2023, 08:32 AM   #25916
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I saw this posted on Reddit, and they claimed that he was over taken by what is called "Jerusalem Syndrome". I had never heard of it, but the history is fascinating. Seemingly normal, stable people get taken by religious fervor when visiting Jerusalem and act out in crazy ways. It is not based on any single religion. Jews, Muslim and Christians have all supposedly fell victim to it.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 08:43 PM   #25917
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I wear slippers almost all of the time. Unless I am in water, about to be in water or in bed, I’m wearing socks. If I’m wearing socks, I’m almost always wearing slippers.

I finally found the perfect pair of slippers from LL Bean. They are amazing. They are so comfortable that I hate when I have to take them off.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 10:14 PM   #25918
cuervo72
Head Coach

I, too, almost always wear slippers, and with socks. For all we have ordered from Bean in the past though, I think my wife orders slippers from Lands End. I currently have three pairs of their Suede Leather Moccasins, at least one of which I grabbed from my son when he got a new pair (they were still good in my book).

I also have a slip-on pair from Eddie Bauer that I'm wearing now which is pretty nice if I know I probably won't be walking outside at all.
Old 10-10-2023, 06:44 AM   #25919
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

#SlipperLife

I am pretty much exclusively a moccasins guy. I have gone through dozens of pairs over the years, usually opting for cheap ones from DSW, Target or Amazon. This is the first time I decided to go for a more expensive pair and have not been disappointed!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 10-10-2023, 01:10 PM   #25920
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I went to the only Popeyes in town because I was given a gift card and I was curious. Ordered in the drive thru and got to the window, got food and handed them the Popeyes gift card. "Oh, we don't take gift cards."

It's a Popeyes gift card and they're a Popeyes... how do they not take their own gift cards?
Ghost Econ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 01:16 PM   #25921
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
I went to the only Popeyes in town because I was given a gift card and I was curious. Ordered in the drive thru and got to the window, got food and handed them the Popeyes gift card. "Oh, we don't take gift cards."

It's a Popeyes gift card and they're a Popeyes... how do they not take their own gift cards?
Franchise chose not to participate. It is always a risk with franchise stores/restaurants. If it is not spelled out in their agreement, they can opt out if they don't like the return corporate gives them for gift cards.
Old 10-10-2023, 01:44 PM   #25922
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Franchise chose not to participate. It is always a risk with franchise stores/restaurants. If it is not spelled out in their agreement, they can opt out if they don't like the return corporate gives them for gift cards.

Yeah, it's like certain Starbucks franchises not accepting those Starbucks reward stars, which I felt like was every Starbucks I ever walked into, so I kept accumulating these stars for nothing. Luckily, I just moved offices and Starbucks where I work accepts these stars, so it will be free sausage, egg & cheese sandwiches for H_B!
Old 10-10-2023, 02:02 PM   #25923
Critch
lolzcat

We were stopped at the lights outside the local Popeyes at the weekend about 5pm in the evening, suddenly lots of cawing and screeching and every crow in the neighborhood flew in from all directions to hang around the trashcans at the side of Popeyes. The fence around the cans was lined with crows, the trees behind full of them, the Popeyes roof too. Easily 200 from all directions all at the same time.

It was a pretty impressive turnout, guess the local Crow-Bros know the schedule for when Popeyes throw out the trash, they were all in place waiting.

Unfortunately the lights changed before the trash came out and off we drove.

Last edited by Critch : 10-10-2023 at 02:03 PM.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 03:19 PM   #25924
GrantDawg

I'm trying to think of something sweet and romantic to do for my wife on Friday night for her birthday/our anniversary. Why the heck does my wife have to be the only woman on Earth that doesn't care about seeing Taylor Swift?

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Last edited by GrantDawg : 10-10-2023 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-10-2023, 05:24 PM   #25925
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I kinda just love it when my UberEats order arrives ... and only half the order is included.

I mean, literally HALF the items.

(when I called just to find out wtf, since I'd already processed my refund, the restaurant did own the mistake 100%. I mean, that's great I guess ... but better if you just got it right)
Old 10-10-2023, 08:26 PM   #25926
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I'm trying to think of something sweet and romantic to do for my wife on Friday night for her birthday/our anniversary. Why the heck does my wife have to be the only woman on Earth that doesn't care about seeing Taylor Swift?

My wife doesn't understand the Swift phenomenon in the least.
Old 10-11-2023, 08:00 AM   #25927
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Wtf ATT, you can’t just go into SOS mode
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 08:36 PM   #25928
Edward64
Head Coach

I hate Charmin (and others) that advertise "12 rolls but same as 48 regular rolls".

Sure, its 48 of those thin, sandpaper TP from the gas station, but who are they kidding about those being "regular".
Old 10-12-2023, 07:22 AM   #25929
Edward64
Head Coach

Will,

I don't really know what's going on with you and Jada. But from what I've read, I'd say do a clean break, agree to joint custody and being the best divorced parents you both can be, and move on.
Old 10-12-2023, 03:31 PM   #25930
GrantDawg

Old 10-13-2023, 08:37 PM   #25931
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

So when Will Smith slapped Chris Rock he'd been separated for years?

Dude, you have to drop that woman.
Old 10-15-2023, 08:10 AM   #25932
Edward64
Head Coach

Pretty sobering read with my morning coffee ...

This hospital chaplain has counseled thousands of dying patients. Here’s what he’s learned | CNN
Quote:
Park, 41, has been a chaplain at Tampa General Hospital for eight years, and has counseled thousands of patients and their families. The job suits him, in part because he understands despair.
:
Sometimes, he’s the last – and only – person his patients see before they die. His key role in that moment, he says, is to make them feel like they mattered and are being heard.
And in conclusion ...

Quote:
And regret is a common theme among his dying patients.

Most of the regrets, he says, come down to: “I only did what everyone else wanted, not what I wanted.”
Quote:
What else do dying patients worry about? Those they’re leaving behind, he says.
Old 10-15-2023, 03:01 PM   #25933
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

So, you can buy LED lights that replace flourescent tube lights (like the ones found in commercial buildings everywhere). I know this because we have flourescent tube lights in our unfinished basement and I've been replacing them with LED tube lights when they fail.

So, why can't offices start doing this? Those flourescent tube lights are the source of so many complaints, up to and including being migraine triggers.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 10:33 PM   #25934
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Social media is harmful to my will to live.

Tonight's culprit?

Someone discussing their favorite team in the postseason, and said they were "routing for them"

Just my hunch that was not a faulty spellcheck issue.
Old 10-16-2023, 10:58 PM   #25935
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I bet you were loosing your mind
Old 10-17-2023, 05:01 AM   #25936
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Someone discussing their favorite team in the postseason, and said they were "routing for them"

Just my hunch that was not a faulty spellcheck issue.

Spell/grammar checkers should be combined to take context into consideration also. Correctly spelled words but incorrectly used. For Word, I don't think it's there yet. I hope there'll be a commercially available ChatGPT or like version for all applications soon.

I am grateful for correcting me in (its vs it's) and the use of commas.
Old 10-17-2023, 05:30 AM   #25937
Kodos
Resident Alien

I’m great full to.
Old 10-17-2023, 06:31 AM   #25938
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I was walking the dog this morning about 6:45 est and was looking at the sky because it was extremely clear. Stars were out in force this morning. Saw a light moving across the sky fairly quickly that was the same brightness as the stars. Then it turned, not quite 90 degrees, and moved faster until I lost it in the treeline.

Definitely off. I thought maybe it was a plane but there were no blinking lights and moved faster than I've seen planes in the same situation. It was over by what I think was one of the dippers.

When I got back I looked through some trackers and my best guess is maybe the ISS, which should have bren visible in my area about 15 minutes before the walk. Maybe a "shooting star" but there was no trail. Maybe a plane at just the right angle/distance that I couldn't make out any blinking.

Just kind of, well that was weird.
Old 10-17-2023, 06:36 AM   #25939
Edward64
Head Coach

Maybe Starlink?
Old 10-17-2023, 07:03 AM   #25940
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Searched for that one and I shouldn't have been able to see it today. Probably just a plane at the right angle or the ISS. Would have freaked me out more if it just zoomed randomly.
Old 10-18-2023, 04:06 PM   #25941
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

So as a way to kill time before bed I enter contests online. Won some cool stuff and some useless stuff. Mainly enter things I'd be interested to win or sell.

So I got an email saying I won a recent contest. Didn't remember it so I looked it up. 2nd prize was $200 Visa card so that's why I entered it.

However, I didn't win 2nd prize, I won first prize. First prize is "$800" in sex toys... more specifically anal sex toys. Look, I'm Progressive, but I don't need $800 worth of sex toys... nor do I know how to broach the subject with my wife.

I feel it's poor form to reject a win and even bad karma (I rejected a Mexico trip because the announcement was too close to the days and not enough lead time... then my wife's grandma died and the funeral was the same time the trip would have been... coincidence?)

Also, as I said I sell things I can't find a use for but I'm not sure the market for pre-owned, like new anal sex toys. It's not exactly something I can advertise on Facebook market and I don't want to advertise it for porch pickup on Craigslist. I guess I could donate the more exotic ones to Goodwill.

So the questions are:
How would you tell your spouse?
Do you accept/What would you do with the toys?

And no, there are no patriotic undies in the collection.
Old 10-18-2023, 04:07 PM   #25942
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

What would you do with the toys?

You ever see one of those neighborhood book libraries? You know, it's a "take one, leave one" kinda honor system deal.

I'm thinking maybe ...
Old 10-18-2023, 04:09 PM   #25943
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

That might get me on a list... maybe I can just leave them outside the strip club I pass on the way to the gym.
Old 10-18-2023, 04:11 PM   #25944
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That might get me on a list... maybe I can just leave them outside the strip club I pass on the way to the gym.

Ooh ... Secret Santa is covered for years
Old 10-18-2023, 04:12 PM   #25945
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Jon just sorta gave me some inspiration for a take one leave one box but for actual children's toys. I think that would actually be a good idea.
Old 10-18-2023, 04:58 PM   #25946
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Jon just sorta gave me some inspiration for a take one leave one box but for actual children's toys. I think that would actually be a good idea.

some soccer mom would just take the whole box
Old 10-18-2023, 05:16 PM   #25947
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
some soccer mom would just take the whole box

We're still talking about the children's toys, right?
Old 10-18-2023, 05:19 PM   #25948
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
We're still talking about the children's toys, right?

Old 10-18-2023, 05:38 PM   #25949
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I’m pretty sure you could sell them on Whatnot or something of the ilk.
Old 10-18-2023, 07:04 PM   #25950
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Is it too late for a suggestion? I think you should tell some group that you have $800 in toys that they can raffle off and then you should deliver those toys to the winner.