Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-30-2015, 03:01 AM   #2851
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Dola, that has to be a record for the most ever major characters to be set up to possibly die..
and yet not.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:30 AM   #2852
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Dola, that has to be a record for the most ever major characters to be set up to possibly die..
and yet not.

but it shows they can have a tense episode without having to kill people off
Old 03-30-2015, 10:43 AM   #2853
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
but it shows they can have a tense episode without having to kill people off

Agreed. It just seemed funny to see so many scenes like that.

So it didn't play out quite as we expected, but it definitely put a lot on the plate to deal with in Season Six.

I am surprised we didn't get more on the W people (although what we got is definitely intriguing).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:54 AM   #2854
Radii
Head Coach

Given the expectation that someone from the main group die in a season finale, I enjoyed the fact that they had a ton of people in serious trouble that all get out of it, as a general thing.

I really didn't like the way they handled Glenn though, that's the only thing I had a huge problem with in the episode. Majorly injured, left for dead, no way out, next we see of him he's jumping out of the woods at seemingly full strength. Meh. I'd rather they not do that shit.

Overall though, good finale. Carol's playing weak for the crowd while in reality being the strongest and most ruthless member of the group remains my favorite part of the show right now. I love Carol. I'm really happy Morgan made it finally, and hopefully he's part of the main cast now. I guess that means Gabriel won't be around long though, quotas, etc

There have been a lot of mentions about how Michonne doesn't need her sword anymore. I fully expected a key moment in the finale to involve Michonne saving Rick (or someone else) with it. Now I expect a key moment in next season's premiere, or maybe the second episode if the premiere ends up being mostly setup, to involve Michonne and her sword.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:33 AM   #2855
booradley
High School Varsity

Didn't Pete kill the Perfesser with a sword? Not sure there are many of those laying around ...
Old 03-30-2015, 11:37 AM   #2856
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
There have been a lot of mentions about how Michonne doesn't need her sword anymore. I fully expected a key moment in the finale to involve Michonne saving Rick (or someone else) with it. Now I expect a key moment in next season's premiere, or maybe the second episode if the premiere ends up being mostly setup, to involve Michonne and her sword.

you did catch the very last scene they tucked on after the credits, right?
Old 03-30-2015, 11:58 AM   #2857
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

There was a scene after the credits? Shoot, I missed that.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:09 PM   #2858
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

oshit. I did not.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:10 PM   #2859
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post
Didn't Pete kill the Perfesser with a sword? Not sure there are many of those laying around ...

I thought it was more like a stick with a really sharp end / blade attached.

But USAToday actually says THIS

Quote:
Pete just had to come after Rick with Michonne’s discarded sword

Was THAT what Pete had?
Old 03-30-2015, 12:12 PM   #2860
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post

Well damn I'm glad I mentioned it, because I did not make this connection at all either
Old 03-30-2015, 12:16 PM   #2861
Swaggs
Coordinator

What is the theory on the Wolves?

The scene at the end kind of contradicted the scene with Morgan. They were smart enough to set up that elaborate trap and have the technology to pull it off (apparently multiple times), but the guy at the beginning held him up without having ammo in his gun. Are they just chaotic and entertaining themselves? And why are there so many "W" walkers?

From the description while Morgan was talking with him, I thought it sounded like they were ostracized and being used to hunt.

Maybe I just didn't pay close enough attention.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 12:17 PM   #2862
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I assumed it was Michonne's sword after he cut Reg's throat, but up to that point, it just looked like a stick to me. I would have to re-watch to see why it looked like a stick to me; I was surprised when Reg was suddenly dying.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:20 PM   #2863
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
What is the theory on the Wolves?

The scene at the end kind of contradicted the scene with Morgan. They were smart enough to set up that elaborate trap and have the technology to pull it off (apparently multiple times), but the guy at the beginning held him up without having ammo in his gun. Are they just chaotic and entertaining themselves? And why are there so many "W" walkers?

From the description while Morgan was talking with him, I thought it sounded like they were ostracized and being used to hunt.

Maybe I just didn't pay close enough attention.

I just read a review of last night's episode and Negan (or the lack of him) was specifically mentioned and is apparently linked to the Wolves in the comic. So I guess the Wolves is a precursor to that storyline and fabled badass (from my perspective, a non-comic book reader).

Old 03-30-2015, 12:38 PM   #2864
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Well damn I'm glad I mentioned it, because I did not make this connection at all either

and at the very end, she goes to put the sword away on the mantle, but then changes her mind, puts on the old-school Michonne face and keeps the sword on her.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:41 PM   #2865
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
and at the very end, she goes to put the sword away on the mantle, but then changes her mind, puts on the old-school Michonne face and keeps the sword on her.

Is that the post credit scene?

I remember Michonne doing the sword on the wall thing a few episodes ago.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:12 PM   #2866
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

it was. I almost missed it but decided to stick around to see who was on the Talking Dead.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:29 PM   #2867
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The priest is pretty much the worst character this show has had on in a while.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:39 PM   #2868
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The Wolves=The Saviours most likely, right?
Old 03-30-2015, 04:47 PM   #2869
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Old 03-30-2015, 05:02 PM   #2870
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I guess Lennie James explained that his character was honking the horn to make sure there werent any walkers nearby. Something about him valuing human life, which is lame as hell and ruins an otherwise cool scene.

Last edited by stevew : 03-30-2015 at 05:03 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:20 PM   #2871
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I guess Lennie James explained that his character was honking the horn to make sure there werent any walkers nearby. Something about him valuing human life, which is lame as hell and ruins an otherwise cool scene.

yes, I am just pretending that he interpreted it wrong
Old 03-30-2015, 06:41 PM   #2872
stevew
Hall Of Famer

the 8+8 thing is always going to be a problem with this show. Really feel like the first half of the season was pretty light on content. Whereas they needed a few more episodes the 2nd half. I kinda feel like there isn't much story left. I'd be cool with a flash forward of a year or two at some point in order to do a full reset.

I also enjoyed it more by recording the first 4-5 and then only watching the last couple on same day.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:51 PM   #2873
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Can someone explain where those W guys got the photos from? I feel like I missed a scene or something. Or is someone inside feeding them info?

Or did Daryl + Aaron drop a bag or something?
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:57 PM   #2874
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dropped bag I'd assume.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:59 PM   #2875
SteveMax58
College Starter

Good finale overall.

* The Rickster did a good job of actually leveling with those people and explaining the real world. I almost like him now...almost.

* Loved the Morgan scenes. Thought he honked the horn to draw walkers to the car in order to buy himself some additional time when they wake up.

* Really enjoying the Darryl/Aaron(?) scenes. I like the dynamic of these 2 working together.

* Love Carol. She is awesome in every possible way. She is actually the mastermind but also not afraid to do the dirty work herself.

A couple of confusions/annoyances as well, unfortunately. These are par for TWD course for me anyway...but I still feel compelled to state them for some reason.

1. Pete "accidentally" kills Reg by slicing his throat? Come on...its just too dam convenient. And in front of everybody nonetheless just to provide visual evidence of what a dick he is. Happy to have the Pete dynamic over with but just a clumsy way to do it imho.

2. I don't "get" Gabriel's character at all. I mean that in the sense that I have no idea why he is doing anything that he does...most of which is asinine. Wtf is his motivation for leaving the gate open? Seems like another "too convenient" story angle since he had his talk with Deanna(?). Also have no idea what the walker scene was all about with him either...so he finally kills one but then cries about it. Ok, but then leaves the gate open for other walkers. I'm just not following this character at all.

3. As mentioned, Glenn's scene where he re-emerges just seemed a little too much. Glenn is a bad dude and all...but come on.

Overall, a nice setup for next season. Will be interesting to see the dynamic that Morgan brings.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:00 PM   #2876
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dola

I guess we are to assume that digital cameras don't work anymore? It's kinda a stretch. Also I get that everyone lives hand to mouth but stuff like Nextel could be fixable
Old 03-30-2015, 08:22 PM   #2877
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMax58 View Post
Wtf is his motivation for leaving the gate open?

That wasn't intentional, as far as I could tell. He was just sloppy, careless (in quite a literal sense).

Quote:
As mentioned, Glenn's scene where he re-emerges just seemed a little too much. Glenn is a bad dude and all...but come on.

That was a bit too Tyreese-goes-nuts-on-the-zombie-mob convenient. I wonder if the explanation/resolution of that got lost on the cutting room floor.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:31 PM   #2878
Swaggs
Coordinator

I don't feel like Gabriel is acting unrealistically, given the circumstances. He is obviously a man of faith that is questioning his beliefs. So much so, he apparently wishes to die, but is incapable of suicide (probably due to his beliefs). He tried with the walker outside and to goad Sasha into doing it for him. I think they have done a decent job of demonstrating that he is a coward and self-serving. I think leaving the gate open was just an act of fatigue and/or indifference..
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:39 PM   #2879
chrisj
H.S. Freshman Team

Location: Edmonton, Alberta (but still wishing I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
Can someone explain where those W guys got the photos from? I feel like I missed a scene or something. Or is someone inside feeding them info?

Or did Daryl + Aaron drop a bag or something?

Yep - Aaron left the bag in the car when they ran from it.
chrisj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:15 PM   #2880
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I was glad the way they cut that fence scene with Aaron/Daryl. We've seen enough dispatching a group of walkers scenes to last forever. The consistency of stuff is still a bit off. Maybe I assume that everyone alive is a killing machine but sometimes people get hung up on 1-3 walkers. Sometimes they can kill 15. Just a bit weird depending on what each scene is attempting to convey.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:55 PM   #2881
hoopsguy
General Manager

Had not seen this posted yet: THE WALKING DEAD’s Corey Brill Sings ‘The Ballad of Porchdick’ | Nerdist
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:52 AM   #2882
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

that was terrific
Old 04-06-2015, 09:18 PM   #2883
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMax58 View Post

1. Pete "accidentally" kills Reg by slicing his throat? Come on...its just too dam convenient. And in front of everybody nonetheless just to provide visual evidence of what a dick he is. Happy to have the Pete dynamic over with but just a clumsy way to do it imho.

Are we sure about that?

We never actually saw who Rick shot. Could be he shot Reg in the head so he wouldn't return.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:47 PM   #2884
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Are we sure about that?

We never actually saw who Rick shot. Could be he shot Reg in the head so he wouldn't return.

Rick totally shot Pete.

Totally.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:53 PM   #2885
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I bet they have no idea how it works.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:11 AM   #2886
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
There was a scene after the credits? Shoot, I missed that.

Damn. Missed it as I finally was able to finish the finale.

I'll echo the sentiments about liking how nobody died off since everyone watching was fully anticipating it to happen.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:47 AM   #2887
Butter
Coordinator

I enjoyed it, though agree with the comments that parts were clumsily written. A couple of "too convenient" actions going on between Glenn and the abusive guy. But very much looking forward to next season.

That scene where Noah got killed was the roughest thing I have seen on this show. Just really well done but really hard to watch.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:02 PM   #2888
Edward64
Head Coach

That's nice. I'm glad someone in Walking Dead found happiness ...

The Walking Dead's Norman Reedus, Costar Emily Kinney Are Dating - Us Weekly
Quote:
Dawn of a Dead relationship! Emily Kinney and Norman Reedus, who met on AMC’s zombie thriller The Walking Dead, are seeing each other, sources reveal exclusively in the new issue of Us Weekly.

"They had a connection early on in the show," says a source close to the duo, "but the romance developed recently. They're still pretty guarded about it."

After Kinney’s character, Beth, was shockingly killed off in 2014, she and Reedus, 46, who plays zombie hunter Daryl, stayed in touch through texts, appearances at fan conventions (the two are scheduled to appear at the Walker Stalker Con event in Orlando, Fla., on June 27 and 28), and at Kinney’s music gigs. Says the source, "He was one of the first to support her at her concerts when she was still on the show."
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 02:59 PM   #2889
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Season 6 Trailer: October 11

Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 07-10-2015, 04:17 PM   #2890
miked
College Starter

Weird, I can't see the video because I'm in Ireland.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:46 PM   #2891
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Fear The Walking Dead - August 23rd

Old 09-30-2015, 09:02 PM   #2892
sabotai
General Manager

Catching back up with the show. Just finished watching "The Grove" from season 4. It's always been a brutal show but holy crap did they turn that to 11. Figured the girl who lost her mind was going to do something messed up, but not that!
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:27 PM   #2893
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Catching back up with the show. Just finished watching "The Grove" from season 4. It's always been a brutal show but holy crap did they turn that to 11. Figured the girl who lost her mind was going to do something messed up, but not that!

Yup, that was one of the most intense episodes for me. It was great.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:32 PM   #2894
Edward64
Head Coach

Solid episode. I liked the black-and-white flashback and thought it was well done.

Is it murder if someone has been fatally bit and you kill him before he turns?

Who is blowing that horn!?!
Old 10-11-2015, 10:04 PM   #2895
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Phenomenal job of building tension with a relatively simple creative device.
A true breath holder of an ep
Old 10-11-2015, 11:03 PM   #2896
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Awesome episode. Some great character moments. Super tense. I even laughed a few times. So good to have it back!
Old 10-12-2015, 07:55 AM   #2897
Kodos
Resident Alien

I thought it was a very well done episode. Good to have it back.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:04 AM   #2898
Logan
Head Coach

My wife and I watched seasons 1-4 over the summer, and knocked out season 5 over the last two weeks once it was made available on Netflix. So we were able to watch last night live for the first time. Thought it was great.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:42 AM   #2899
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Love the grand scale tonight, almost like a movie. Good start off to the season.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:14 PM   #2900
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

It was solid from the start to the beginning. It was super tense, it had a number of really strong character moments, and even a few laughs. Eugene about Heath "rocking a good hair game" and I loved the exchange between Father Gabriel and Rick:

Gabriel: "I'd like to help."

Rick: "No."

They are doing a good job of setting up the Rick/Morgan eventual conflict. They have been through the shit and come out on very different sides of things. Morgan understands Rick's way, but just doesn't agree with him. Morgan is looking really hard to find the good in Rick, but it's really not there. That scene with them on the porch when Morgan tried to imply that Rick didn't kill Carter because Rick was good and then Rick just said he didn't kill him because he knew he didn't have to, the world would take care of it for him. So cold. So very, very cold. I love the fact that they've made the lead, the nominal "hero" of the show, pretty fucking crazy and not really all that likable.

I liked how Abraham was so clearly affected by what happened to Reg and then Pete. That was brutal and it's good to have moments like that effect characters and not just be forgotten.

They were using really sound tactics.

There's probably a ton more to talk about, but it was super good.