Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-05-2020, 06:44 PM   #29351
stevew
Hall Of Famer

There’s no way that Biden can debate him on 7 days. Biden would have to wear a Bane mask and sit in a Pope-mobile to be safe.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:46 PM   #29352
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Umm... First, WTF. Second, the Eagles won the game. Foreshadowing?

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:57 PM   #29353
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Would love the NFL or one of those teams to sue him.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:59 PM   #29354
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
There’s no way that Biden can debate him on 7 days. Biden would have to wear a Bane mask and sit in a Pope-mobile to be safe.

and the problem is if Biden backs out because of safety concerns that will be chum in the water to Trump
Old 10-05-2020, 07:05 PM   #29355
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

"Maybe I'm immune." He really just said that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:09 PM   #29356
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I kinda hope he dies now.

Wouldn't break my heart if he did. Nothing of significant value would be lost, that's for sure.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:14 PM   #29357
Ksyrup

He came back out a few minutes later to re-shoot the staged entrance. I'm guessing his wheezing was too noticeable in the original so they needed extra footage.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-05-2020, 07:18 PM   #29358
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Wouldn't break my heart if he did. Nothing of significant value would be lost, that's for sure.

If he dies between now and the election, I am afraid that you then end up with the GOP using that to somehow steal the election by getting their 26 or 27 state delegations to say that the electoral votes shouldn't count.

(Remember, it isn't what's legal. It's what they get away with).

Better he live in a weakened state through the election so that there will be no doubt that Biden wins.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:24 PM   #29359
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
If he dies between now and the election, I am afraid that you then end up with the GOP using that to somehow steal the election by getting their 26 or 27 state delegations to say that the electoral votes shouldn't count.

(Remember, it isn't what's legal. It's what they get away with).

Better he live in a weakened state through the election so that there will be no doubt that Biden wins.

I can definitely see the GOP pulling some serious shady shit if he did die. I mean they already are with voter suppression and trying to ramrod a supreme court justice through during an election year, but, I agree with you, it would just be ramped up even more if he dies.

Edit: Personally, I want him to lose the election, get arrested, go to trial and found guilty, lose every single penny and asset to his name and spend the rest of his life in jail.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4

Last edited by JediKooter : 10-05-2020 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:27 PM   #29360
Mota
College Benchwarmer

How is it possible that he no longer tests positive for COVID? Doesn't this virus stay in you for weeks? Or is it that just because he says he feels better, it's okay to let him walk around maskless and not isolate?
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 08:33 PM   #29361
cuervo72
Head Coach

Boris Johnson felt fine too after an initial fever.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:37 PM   #29362
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Just to make sure nobody misses this...
Trump defeats COVID commemorative coins go on sale at gift shop
Old 10-05-2020, 08:39 PM   #29363
tarcone
Coordinator

Did you ever watch the movie Idiocray? You should

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 08:50 PM   #29364
JediKooter
Coordinator

I don't know, those coins are kinda like doing a TD celebration before you cross the goal line like your name is Leon Lett.

Old 10-05-2020, 09:00 PM   #29365
tarcone
Coordinator

If he dies in 20 days it ill be the Dems fault.

And the dems will stay home because they have a weak candidate and they feel bad. And the rural people will come out in force because they have had only cases in confined areas (nursing homes, boys town, etc.)
Then rogotic Trump will show up. ANd we are F*CKED

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:03 PM   #29366
JediKooter
Coordinator

Let's not give 2020 any more ideas. My anxiety is already at an all time high.

Old 10-05-2020, 09:08 PM   #29367
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
and the problem is if Biden backs out because of safety concerns that will be chum in the water to Trump

Totally disagree. Biden and Harris should demand adherence to the CDC guidelines and refuse to show if that's not met. Polling shows people want leaders to be cautious and follow science, Trump is a liar, and Trump got COVID because he was reckless. If Trump and Pence want to rave about how COVID is no big deal, let them. They need the debates more than Biden/Harris.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:11 PM   #29368
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Totally disagree. Biden and Harris should demand adherence to the CDC guidelines and refuse to show if that's not met. Polling shows people want leaders to be cautious and follow science, Trump is a liar, and Trump got COVID because he was reckless. If Trump and Pence want to rave about how COVID is no big deal, let them. They need the debates more than Biden/Harris.

If Biden backs out Trump will be an attack dog all over social media, etc...claiming he had the virus and beat it yet Biden is the one backing out and we can't have a leader who won't confront the virus, blah, blah, blah.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:15 PM   #29369
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
If Biden backs out Trump will be an attack dog all over social media, etc...claiming he had the virus and beat it yet Biden is the one backing out and we can't have a leader who won't confront the virus, blah, blah, blah.

Who gives a shit? Let Trump do whatever the fuck he wants.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:16 PM   #29370
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

I think Biden can survive that.

He can't survive dying.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:18 PM   #29371
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Who gives a shit? Let Trump do whatever the fuck he wants.

I never said he should or shouldn't, just what Trumps reaction would be.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:44 PM   #29372
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I think all of the past two days is going to play very poorly for Trump. Only the people that are already going to vote for him find this stuff admirable. I expect we'll continue to see him trailing by double-digits.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:13 PM   #29373
Radii
Head Coach

https://twitter.com/joebiden/status/...092997125?s=21
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 01:19 AM   #29374
RainMaker
General Manager

It is over for him. Another month till he gets blown out. Seniors are fleeing him in droves and he has lost ground in recent weeks.

Only thing left will be the whining on Twitter till his fantasy is back to running scams in the private sector.

Poll: Biden bolsters lead over Trump in Michigan after first debate
Old 10-06-2020, 05:39 AM   #29375
GrantDawg

Cnn poll has a 16 point Biden lead nationally. Beyond all of this circus, is it safe to say that debate performance hurt Trump bad? He really needed something to start narrowing the gap, and every poll is showing a pretty big swing in the wrong direction.

The pollsters are now saying a 54-55 seat Democratic senate is well within reach.
Old 10-06-2020, 05:41 AM   #29376
GrantDawg

Old 10-06-2020, 07:52 AM   #29377
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

And we're back to COVID is not as bad as the flu.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:53 AM   #29378
Jas_lov
College Starter

And predictably today he tweeted it's just the flu. He needs to suffer a lot more.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:56 AM   #29379
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
And predictably today he tweeted it's just the flu. He needs to suffer a lot more.

Man, three days in the hospital for the FLU, definitely unfit.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:57 AM   #29380
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Like I said, he wants their vote for the election, if they die afterwards no biggie to him.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:10 AM   #29381
Ksyrup

I've been threatening/debating with myself about stripping Facebook down to MySpace status (taking out all the individuals from my feed and focusing on sports/music/fitness, etc.), and I think I'm going to have to take that plunge this weekend. I can't stand the level of stupid from people who I like. Less is more. I don't need to know your every stupid thought. You know the saying about not knowing your idols so you aren't disappointed? Well, that goes for friends, too.

Had one guy post a comment about how the scientists don't know what they are doing in response to the news that the CDC has once again changed its guidance on how Covid spreads - as if they are acting 100% on their own and not at all being influenced/cajoled/instructed to provide guidance against their recommendations. Had another good friend from law school post that he doesn't tweet but likes Twitter because it allows him to see Trump's tweets so he can get the truth in response to the media's distortions about his condition. Seriously. First guy in TN, second in FL.

I give up. I feel like I've been dropped into the part of Bob Newhart in his TV shows.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-06-2020 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:13 AM   #29382
Ksyrup

The bad/good news is that given the current trajectory of increasing cases, once he loses the election, the myth/conspiracy about Covid immediately going away will be debunked. At the cost of tens of thousands of lives, of course. But hey, there's a price to be paid for everything, right?!

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-06-2020 at 08:13 AM.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:21 AM   #29383
Ksyrup

The truth is, if the target audience didn't respond favorably to this kind of crap, they wouldn't do it. We are our own worst enemy. Trump is just exploiting it. Jesus.

Old 10-06-2020, 08:23 AM   #29384
Kodos
Resident Alien

I want Trump to take a beating by the virus, but live to see himself lose in a Mondale-like landslide. And then to lose everything in the courts after he is booted from office.

Last edited by Kodos : 10-06-2020 at 08:23 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:40 AM   #29385
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Old 10-06-2020, 09:58 AM   #29386
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
The truth is, if the target audience didn't respond favorably to this kind of crap, they wouldn't do it. We are our own worst enemy. Trump is just exploiting it. Jesus.

I mean do these people not realize that masks can be folded and put in a pocket?
Old 10-06-2020, 09:58 AM   #29387
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

It occurs to me that if the Russians, Chinese, Iranians, etc. were to sneak someone into the White House who was shedding a deadly virus (like, as a cook or something), it would be

(1) The plot of a pretty cool political thriller; and
(2) An act of war.

The President is doing something to the executive branch of our government that would be seen as an attack on the country if someone else did it.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:12 AM   #29388
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
It occurs to me that if the Russians, Chinese, Iranians, etc. were to sneak someone into the White House who was shedding a deadly virus (like, as a cook or something), it would be

(1) The plot of a pretty cool political thriller; and
(2) An act of war.

The President is doing something to the executive branch of our government that would be seen as an attack on the country if someone else did it.

He is also routinely doing things that in prior times, coming from other leaders, would have been seen as proof that a Regime change was to be 'supported'.

Seriously, 500 years from now you'll have future History students answer multiple choice tests where Trump apears as an option next to plenty of dictators.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:20 AM   #29389
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Facebook and Twitter both flagging Trumps horrific statement about the flu from this morning. Facebook took it down all together.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:23 AM   #29390
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I read a while back 100 years from now finding a MAGA hat in someones closet would be like finding a swastika today.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:35 AM   #29391
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

When you are too MAGA for Facebook, then you are really fucking MAGA.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:41 AM   #29392
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I read a while back 100 years from now finding a MAGA hat in someones closet would be like finding a swastika today.

Seriously... people are going to be like I was going through my late Grandpa's stuff and FUCK there was a MAGA hat in it!
Old 10-06-2020, 10:57 AM   #29393
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Seriously... people are going to be like I was going through my late Grandpa's stuff and FUCK there was a MAGA hat in it!

These last few years have made me understand how Germany went down the path it did. I'm not saying we're going to follow the same path - but I feel some echoes.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 11:03 AM   #29394
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

Eh, in some parts of our country, finding a swastika today does not mean the same thing as it did 75 years ago.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 11:45 AM   #29395
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
These last few years have made me understand how Germany went down the path it did. I'm not saying we're going to follow the same path - but I feel some echoes.

SI

I absolutely understand.

But, we aren't dealing with the crushing reparations and devastation from WW1. We're at this point while generally peaceful and prosperous.
Old 10-06-2020, 11:52 AM   #29396
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I absolutely understand.

But, we aren't dealing with the crushing reparations and devastation from WW1. We're at this point while generally peaceful and prosperous.

That's what is impressive (in the scary way) about what the modern MAGA/Q/GOP/Whatever you want to call it has done.

It has taken a group of relatively powerful, safe, and prosperous people and absolutely convinced them that their lives are shit and others are to blame.

It was a toxic message in Germany, but at least the people's lives really were shit.

Here, it's like "Well, people different from you sometimes express opinions, and it isn't quite as cool to shout them down as it was in the 50s" and that's seen as such an affront to everything that it's going to tear the country apart.

Sigh.
Old 10-06-2020, 11:56 AM   #29397
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yep. Our country is in a really sad state right now.
Old 10-06-2020, 12:39 PM   #29398
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post

The fascism playbook sadly works.
Old 10-06-2020, 12:47 PM   #29399
spleen1015
Coordinator

A good article if you're worried about Trump stealing the election.

Opinion | 6 Reasons Not to Panic About the Election - POLITICO
Old 10-06-2020, 12:51 PM   #29400
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The Joint Chiefs are in quarantine now.

Last edited by JPhillips : 10-06-2020 at 01:04 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote