Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-12-2015, 01:24 PM   #2901
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
It was solid from the start to the beginning. It was super tense, it had a number of really strong character moments, and even a few laughs. Eugene about Heath "rocking a good hair game" and I loved the exchange between Father Gabriel and Rick:

Gabriel: "I'd like to help."

Rick: "No."

If I'm remembering right, it was even better, like "No. Who else?"
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:30 PM   #2902
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
If I'm remembering right, it was even better, like "No. Who else?"

Heh! I think that's right.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 02:03 PM   #2903
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I have always liked Nicotero's directing style, but he amped it up a few notches in this one. Incredibly solid premiere.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:34 AM   #2904
Radii
Head Coach

Just watched tonight, great start. Even in her limited scenes in this one, Carol remains awesome. Morgan spotting her out right away was nice too.

Last edited by Radii : 10-13-2015 at 12:34 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 08:59 AM   #2905
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Someone explain Morgan's importance? So he is the guy from season 1 that saved Rick and also from a later season that had gone insane. But outside of reading the comic books how am I supposed to know anymore about him than that?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 09:11 AM   #2906
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Someone explain Morgan's importance? So he is the guy from season 1 that saved Rick and also from a later season that had gone insane. But outside of reading the comic books how am I supposed to know anymore about him than that?

Really, there's not much more to him in the graphic novels.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:18 AM   #2907
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Really, there's not much more to him in the graphic novels.

There really isn't. Though, like most of the characters, he's much more interesting and a better character on the show than in the comics.

I still think that scene where he tries, but can't, kill his wife in the first episode is one of the best in the entire show. Top five for sure.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 10-13-2015, 10:36 AM   #2908
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

OK. I just have just been reading here how it is going to come down to Rick vs. Morgan like he is the #2 most important guy on the show or something and I was wondering what I was missing.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:51 AM   #2909
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Awesome episode. Some great character moments. Super tense. I even laughed a few times. So good to have it back!

Interesting. We loved the ending and the intro of the rock quarry (holy moley!). However, because of the layoff between seasons, I had a difficult time remember who was what, and where we left off. Left my wife and I wondering why it took so long to get to the climax of the first episode.

Also, I felt let down when I saw that "Better Call Saul" would be returning....in 2016.

Not sure if it's just my own feeling, but the fact that the seasons are broken up into two (for Walking Dead) with a layoff in between creates a greater disconnect for me.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:02 AM   #2910
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK. I just have just been reading here how it is going to come down to Rick vs. Morgan like he is the #2 most important guy on the show or something and I was wondering what I was missing.

I don think you're reading it wrong; you're just assuming it came from the comics. I think Morgan was such a great character that we all figured (and hoped) he would return and be a key player in the show.

I don't think the dichotomy of Rick versus Morgan actually showed up until the last couple episodes last season and the trailers for this season, where you see a lot more discord between Rick and Morgan's philosophies on things.

But since it seems likely to happen, that subject now has significant weight.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:35 AM   #2911
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Also, I felt let down when I saw that "Better Call Saul" would be returning....in 2016.

Just an FYI, season 1 premiered in February and the finale aired in April of this year.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:45 AM   #2912
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Yeah, I guess the small amount of episodes got to me.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 09:03 PM   #2913
Edward64
Head Coach

That was a great episode.

Love Carol and Morgan and how different they are.

Whats up with the JSS girl?
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 09:16 PM   #2914
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
That was a great episode.

Arguably the best two-episode sequence thus far.

Quote:
Whats up with the JSS girl?

You've not spent a lot of time with teenage girls, have you?
Actually, my guess has been for quite some time that
Spoiler
Old 10-18-2015, 09:20 PM   #2915
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Man, what an awesome episode. So, so good.

Carol is fantastic. It's hard to imagine a more interesting and fascinating character for any character in TV than hers. Given the small, bit part she started with - the meek wife of an abusive husband - to where she's at now? Incredible. And the Melissa McBride just kills it.

Ron needs to go. He's horrible and I don't know why he is wearing that jacket and stupid hat inside when it's not even cold out. He's the worst.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:55 PM   #2916
Radii
Head Coach

Continuing the really solid start from last week. Very good episode, I love Carol.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:56 AM   #2917
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Actually, my guess has been for quite some time that
Spoiler

This doesn't counter what you're saying, but what stood out to me was that when she was talking with Carl about defending the place, she said something like, "there are too many blind spots, that's how we got in."

The conversation moved on so quick, with no reaction from Carl, that I wondered if I heard it right.

Of course, like a dummy, I didn't just rewind it to be sure.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:36 AM   #2918
PilotMan
Head Coach

I heard the same thing CR. It was one of those things that slipped by, but I know I heard that right. Of course, stupid me, flagged it at the time, then dismissed it as a misstatement, like that would happen in a tv show.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:30 AM   #2919
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I loved the episode.

I am following CR's and PilotMans thought process here and it's the one thing that I pointed out to the family as we watch it. (My GF, and the Brother and Sister in Law) was that Carol made a point for Carl to stay back and watch Judy. He turns his back, the girl is gone and they didn't focus on Judith and the monitor like they did when Carol with in the kitchen.

I am wondering, did the girl take off with Judith?
Old 10-19-2015, 08:04 AM   #2920
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

She said, "that's how we..."

And never finished the sentence. It could be "that's how we got out so easy," referencing that time she and Carl left the walls and went out on their own last season. Or it could be "that's how we got in," meaning she's one of the Wolves and her "just survive somehow" means that she's willing to do anything to survive, including joining the Wolves and betraying Alexandria.

She could be a mole... J'accuse betrayer!!!
Old 10-19-2015, 11:34 AM   #2921
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

from HuffPo of all places

Quote:
When Carl asks her about the Wolves, she says they're "just people" and that Alexandria is "too big to protect." She goes on saying, "There are too many blind spots. That's how we were able to ..." Then Carl cuts her off.

Uh, what now? "We"? Let the girl finish, Carl!

I'll admit that the bit about "how we ..." blew threw my head without notice, but that's probably because I was pondering her use of the phrase about "just people" in the first place.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:09 PM   #2922
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
She said, "that's how we..."

And never finished the sentence. It could be "that's how we got out so easy," referencing that time she and Carl left the walls and went out on their own last season. Or it could be "that's how we got in," meaning she's one of the Wolves and her "just survive somehow" means that she's willing to do anything to survive, including joining the Wolves and betraying Alexandria.

She could be a mole... J'accuse betrayer!!!

I assumed she was going to say "that's how we planed to get out." Meaning her and Ron.
Carl cut her off because he did not want to hear her say she was leaving.

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:30 AM   #2923
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Interesting how so many people think Carol is such a great character. I find most of it tiresome and the actress seems awkward in the physical scenes. Needs more practice. As much as they try, I don't buy the bad ass aura. I know they really want it to be an awesome broken battered woman to assassin transformation. Maybe it just appeals to a certain group. I don't totally hate the character, it just isn't smooth or believable.

I figured the JSS girl probably was with the wolves and performed a little lookout and intel. Somebody had found a bunch of pictures on one of the bodies. Who knows, we will see where it develops.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:35 AM   #2924
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, I think she and her boyfriend are both working with the wolves.

I thought it was a great episode, and loved Carol's badassery.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:08 AM   #2925
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Interesting how so many people think Carol is such a great character. I find most of it tiresome and the actress seems awkward in the physical scenes. Needs more practice. As much as they try, I don't buy the bad ass aura. I know they really want it to be an awesome broken battered woman to assassin transformation. Maybe it just appeals to a certain group. I don't totally hate the character, it just isn't smooth or believable.

I think a lot of the Carol love goes back to "look at the flowers". That's the Carol we know. She's the emotionally toughest character of the bunch at this point, quite possibly the wisest as well. Her occasional superpower ninja feats are, I think, just an extension of those. I mean, if she can be mentally & emotionally who she is maybe she's just kinda dragged the physical along with it.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:56 AM   #2926
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I figured the JSS girl probably was with the wolves and performed a little lookout and intel. Somebody had found a bunch of pictures on one of the bodies. Who knows, we will see where it develops.

The pictures were found by Aaron, the guy who has been going out on the recruiting trips with Darryl. They were photos Aaron himself took. He lost them along with his pack in last year's season finale, at the stockyard where the Wolves set the zombie trap with the big rigs.

Old 10-25-2015, 09:05 PM   #2927
Edward64
Head Coach

Poor Glen. Hope those entrails were really the other guy that fell on him but still don't see how he gets away even if that was the case.

I would have been looking for a building with a roof that I could have climbed up on (and hid from sight).
Old 10-25-2015, 09:33 PM   #2928
BYU 14
Coordinator

Wow this episode, WTF!!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:54 PM   #2929
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Great episode. Was the pan out at the end revealing the wolves hideout? What the hell was Darryl planning on doing?
Old 10-25-2015, 10:44 PM   #2930
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Great episode. Was the pan out at the end revealing the wolves hideout? What the hell was Darryl planning on doing?

re: hideout -- you must have spotted something I missed completely.

re: Darryl -- I thought he was rushing back to Alexandria but that doesn't quite seem to have been it given how he rejoined relatively quickly. That whole part of the arc almost felt like something got lost in the editing or something.

Was it merely to give us the false hope that he would be the cavalry for one imperiled sub-plot or the other?

edit to add: Had somebody roll back their DVR footage, I now know what you saw (I think).

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-25-2015 at 11:16 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:48 PM   #2931
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

My takes fwiw

Spoiler

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-25-2015 at 10:49 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 11:18 PM   #2932
Edward64
Head Coach

Some reasons why he's not dead.

There's Evidence That 'Walking Dead' Character Isn't Actually Dead
Old 10-25-2015, 11:48 PM   #2933
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

Ugh. My initial reaction to that idea is pretty damn negative. I guess we'll see how they do it if that's the case.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:46 AM   #2934
MacroGuru
Coordinator

My initial response was OMG as well as everyone else that I was watching with.

Then we rewound it and watched the scene again. We think it is Nicholas that is on top of him and he is in freak out mode.

I theorized that he is surrounded to what is equal to a shark feeding frenzy and he will be able to escape, because they are focused on the entrails. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy.

We will see...but we were still in shock after talking dead...even after Scott sent the message to the show.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:35 AM   #2935
Logan
Head Coach

Very cheap, if so.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:55 AM   #2936
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Very cheap, if so.

Agree. If you want to do crap like that (which in my opinion takes away from the show) then at least have Glenn climb out from under the pile during the same episode. So you trick us cheaply for 30 minutes instead of a full week(s).

I am of the opinion that this is the internet creating "he isn't dead" and much like the internet discussions during major character deaths on The Wire, Homeland, and Sons of Anarchy we just like to have all sorts of theories in the end Glenn is just dead.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:57 AM   #2937
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
re: hideout -- you must have spotted something I missed completely.

re: Darryl -- I thought he was rushing back to Alexandria but that doesn't quite seem to have been it given how he rejoined relatively quickly. That whole part of the arc almost felt like something got lost in the editing or something.

Was it merely to give us the false hope that he would be the cavalry for one imperiled sub-plot or the other?

edit to add: Had somebody roll back their DVR footage, I now know what you saw (I think).

The house or whatever it is with the red roof would at least explain how they all came across the RV and also gives Rick a place to go to avoid being eaten by the mob of zombies. Seems odd to have it in the overhead shot if it means nothing.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:13 AM   #2938
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
I am of the opinion that this is the internet creating "he isn't dead" and much like the internet discussions during major character deaths on The Wire, Homeland, and Sons of Anarchy we just like to have all sorts of theories in the end Glenn is just dead.

I'd agree if not for the Talking Dead stuff mentioned in Edward64's link (I'm not watching Talking Dead currently so I didn't see it myself)
Old 10-26-2015, 09:22 PM   #2939
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

it definitely looked to me like it was a big fakeout.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:14 PM   #2940
kingfc22
Head Coach

As much as I don't want Glen dead, that would be pretty weak if he wasn't.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:37 AM   #2941
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I finally watched the episode last night. It was fantastic. It was another episode that was tense from beginning to end. Really, really great.

I've read about all of the Glenn theories and pretty much agree with kingfc:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
As much as I don't want Glen dead, that would be pretty weak if he wasn't.

This is where I come out. I love the character and would love for him to still be around, but it would be very cheap if they pulled some stunt where it actually makes it out of that situation.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:51 AM   #2942
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, he's gotta be dead.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:43 AM   #2943
DanGarion
Coordinator

Glen is not dead. Nicolas was on top of him, Glen crawled under the trash bin, it's just too obivious.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:47 AM   #2944
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

If he is alive, I'll be happy he's alive, but annoyed at the blatant manipulation of it all. I mean, it won't be enough for me to stop watching the show or anything, but an irritant.

Still, this season has been crazy enjoyable so far.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:02 PM   #2945
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Glen is not dead. Nicolas was on top of him, Glen crawled under the trash bin, it's just too obivious.

Thank you, Captain Obivious.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:06 PM   #2946
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Thank you, Captain Obivious.

You are most welcome, resident alien.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:09 PM   #2947
Kodos
Resident Alien

I just wanted a chance to type "obivious".
Old 10-28-2015, 07:32 AM   #2948
Kodos
Resident Alien

We rewatched Glenn's scene last night. Zombies are pulling intestines out from what would be his upper chest. I'm going to say that people are right. That was the other guy's body on top of him.

Last edited by Kodos : 10-28-2015 at 07:33 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:36 AM   #2949
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
We rewatched Glenn's scene last night. Zombies are pulling intestines out from what would be his upper chest. I'm going to say that people are right. That was the other guy's body on top of him.

I agree that looked weird from the beginning. But getting from "there's a body being eaten on top of you" to "getting out alive" is going to take a pretty enormous leap.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:25 AM   #2950
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I agree that looked weird from the beginning. But getting from "there's a body being eaten on top of you" to "getting out alive" is going to take a pretty enormous leap.

In the first season, the group covered themselves with "leftovers" and pretended to walk/act like the zombies to get out of a situation.

That's my guess how Glenn gets out.