Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #251
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by finketr View Post
BG,

I just tried again and my large map is ], = is menu and - is the waypoint. the zoom change didn't work for me on either / or \ ..

However, see if you can find in your $ftb$ folder:
\Unleashed\minecraft\mods\VoxelMods
There's a file in there called voxelmap.properties
look for
Zoom Key:BACKSLSH
Fullscreen Key:RBRACKET
Menu Key:EQUALS
Waypoint Key:MINUS
Mob Key:LBRACKET

you change these to:
Zoom Key:Z
Fullscreen Key:X
Menu Key:EQUALS
Waypoint Key:MINUS
Mob Key:LBRACKET

I was just experimenting with changing the keys.

Hope this helps...

Oh, unleashed is crazy, not even sure really where to start...even less so than mindcrack... Maybe an artifact of knowing what needs to get done as opposed to working on just survival and then machinery.

--t

Sweet, i'll try that and delve into the config files.

It's looking more and more that they are just going to remove RedPower2 from the mods. I'm going to have to get over it. sigh.

After this, unless it is some sort of miracle update from Eloraam I doubt they will be including her stuff in a pack any time after she releases it especially if other mods have swooped in and picked up the slack.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #252
finketr
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel View Post
Sweet, i'll try that and delve into the config files.

It's looking more and more that they are just going to remove RedPower2 from the mods. I'm going to have to get over it. sigh.

After this, unless it is some sort of miracle update from Eloraam I doubt they will be including her stuff in a pack any time after she releases it especially if other mods have swooped in and picked up the slack.

ugh.. that's a shame.. On the other hand I automated my bee breeding...

it's ugly.
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #253
Bonegavel

Quote:
ugh.. that's a shame.. On the other hand I automated my bee breeding...

it's ugly.

I've moved most of my forestry machines to my new building and I'm using the Redstone powercells instead of hooking the stuff up to conductive pipes. It's a little more of a hassle but there is zero waste. I have one squeezer the only produces liquid honey which then has its own carpenter (right now for scented panels). I have a squeezer/carpenter for seed oil and then I have a carpenter that uses an Aqueous Accumulator for any items that use water. Those machines are so cheap that it makes sense to have a squeezer/carpenter for each liquid.

I have 2 tanks (max size tanks - 10million) full of biogas - 1 in my original site and 1 in the new. I'm keeping the Industrial Craft stuff in my old building for now since I already don't like the layout of my new building. Sigh. I'm bad at laying this stuff out.

I've spent a bunch of time in the nether this weekend collecting tons of netherrack since it takes half the energy to convert into the same amount of lava as cobblestone. That is huge.

I made myself an advanced diamond drill and it is awesome. It recharges itself with the energy in my jetpack so I'm able to mine for quite a bit.

I'm thinking of revamping my bee area since it doesn't fit now with the tree stuff.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #254
finketr
College Prospect

Quote:
I've moved most of my forestry machines to my new building and I'm using the Redstone powercells instead of hooking the stuff up to conductive pipes. It's a little more of a hassle but there is zero waste. I have one squeezer the only produces liquid honey which then has its own carpenter (right now for scented panels). I have a squeezer/carpenter for seed oil and then I have a carpenter that uses an Aqueous Accumulator for any items that use water. Those machines are so cheap that it makes sense to have a squeezer/carpenter for each liquid.

I have 2 tanks (max size tanks - 10million) full of biogas - 1 in my original site and 1 in the new. I'm keeping the Industrial Craft stuff in my old building for now since I already don't like the layout of my new building. Sigh. I'm bad at laying this stuff out.

I've spent a bunch of time in the nether this weekend collecting tons of netherrack since it takes half the energy to convert into the same amount of lava as cobblestone. That is huge.

I made myself an advanced diamond drill and it is awesome. It recharges itself with the energy in my jetpack so I'm able to mine for quite a bit.

I'm thinking of revamping my bee area since it doesn't fit now with the tree stuff.

I think I'm coming for a visit to see the layout..

I have several hundred maybe even thousands of bees in the pipes.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #255
finketr
College Prospect

So, i heard slowpoke on his livestream this morning that there are issues with the modpack authors having issues updating the mods into minecraft 1.7 and whether they'd even be updated for 1.6 ..

Something like that... it was damn early when i was listening.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #256
Bonegavel

Holy smokes, Eloraam (dev for Red Power 2) updated her twitter in the last 17 hours that she has a big announcement but that it got delayed because of DOTA. This could be great news. Her mod is one of the best. Crossing fingers.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #257
finketr
College Prospect

Quote:
Holy smokes, Eloraam (dev for Red Power 2) updated her twitter in the last 17 hours that she has a big announcement but that it got delayed because of DOTA. This could be great news. Her mod is one of the best. Crossing fingers.

about time..

what do we need to do for the end? or is that a single player environment?
Old 08-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #258
Bonegavel

Quote:
about time..

what do we need to do for the end? or is that a single player environment?

We need to find a stronghold in the overworld and place enderpearls in the stones around it. That creates a gate between worlds (like the nether). Once in, you have to defeat the dragon and then the End is like the nether where you can visit and leave at will.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #259
Bonegavel

Dola,

oh, it is not just a single player environment. It is another dimension just like the Nether or Twilight Forest.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #260
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

This is very very good news.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:28 AM   #261
Bonegavel

Even though I'm dying for updates to all the mods and even to Minecraft itself (horses, colored clay, painting in the crafting table) I am still finding new stuff all the time in the current version.

The latest things I've built:

1) brains in a jar (thaumcraft 3 - stores XP)
2) nano saber (10 hearts of damage per hit)
3) automated my bees (inspired by finketr)

I've built a rudimentary mob trap at my base and my location is awful for such a thing. There are so many caves and ravines under my base that lighting it (to prevent mob spawns outside my traps) has been a challenge of epic proportions. The trap is working but i'm not getting the numbers I've been able to coax out of previous traps.

I built it as an xp trap at first but abandoned that and put a lava block in the system so they burn up. I collect the drops with water flows and obsidian pipes so it is automated.

After doing some Thaumcraft (making the Brains in a Jar and a new pair of Boots of the Traveler) I woke up this morning to 20+ wisps all around my base. Yikes.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #262
Bonegavel

Have you guys seen the latest snapshot? Wow. Pretty major. This is going to have to set back the mod developers for a while.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #263
spleen1015
Coordinator

Latest snapshot of what?
Old 09-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #264
spleen1015
Coordinator

Nevermind. I figured it out.

I will need to take a look at it.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #265
finketr
College Prospect

minecraft snapshot or ftb?
Old 09-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #266
spleen1015
Coordinator

Minecraft 1.7
Old 09-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #267
finketr
College Prospect

Ah yes.. I heard slowpoke talk about the nightmare that all the mod updates have to go through.. so there is/was going to be a skip from 1.5.2 to 1.7 for most mods...

wonder what eloraam's big announcement is.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #268
Bonegavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Nevermind. I figured it out.

I will need to take a look at it.

Sorry, didn't see this until now.

I can imagine the mod makers are going to have a lot to do to get to 1.7 and Eloraam has taken forever just to get to 1.5/6 ... it's going to take a year for her to get to 1.7. Sigh again.

Old 09-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #269
finketr
College Prospect

this makes me sad...

ah well.. What to work on next?
Old 11-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #270
Bonegavel

Well, the game finally died. I think I could have restored a previous save but since nobody is visiting anymore I decided to scrap the world. I put up a Vanilla 1.7.2 server in it's place for now hoping that FTB will get an update at some point in the future and we can revisit FTB then.

I was almost able to craft my 3rd Ultimate Hybrid Solar panel (the first one took about a month to create because I had to wait for UU-Matter). Sad to see it go but they need to update the mods.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #271
finketr
College Prospect

Yeah they do.. I've been messing with FTB: Unleashed in singleplayer/self-imposed hardcore and I was going to check in on the mindcrack world to find a vanilla server there... So I came to FOFC today to ask how you were liking vanilla 1.7.2?

all the best,

t
Old 11-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #272
Bonegavel

The new video options are a welcomed addition. I get easily over 300 frames per sec even with max chunk distance and all the fixings turned way up.

After spending so much time FTB it's hard getting back into Vanilla but with all the new stuff in 1.7.2 I'm enjoying the discovery process.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #273
finketr
College Prospect

i checked it singleplayer briefly.. don't support white listing is an option?
Old 11-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #274
Bonegavel

Quote:
i checked it singleplayer briefly.. don't support white listing is an option?

You want to be in for Vanilla?

Old 11-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #275
finketr
College Prospect

hmm. that's some poor typing on my part..
"don't suppose white listing" ..

if possibl.. Having mucked around with dartcraft and especially tinker's construct, not sure how i'll feel about vanilla 1.7.2
Old 11-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #276
Bonegavel

your whitelisted for the server. Same addy as FTB server.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:18 PM   #277
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I've never tried FTB so far - really just dabbling with a few mods, but seems like the ones I have tried often cause major lag issues for me - will FTB be more of the same? My computer isn't terrible but doesn't have the most RAM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #278
finketr
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I've never tried FTB so far - really just dabbling with a few mods, but seems like the ones I have tried often cause major lag issues for me - will FTB be more of the same? My computer isn't terrible but doesn't have the most RAM.

my specs:
i7-2720qm
8gb ram
nvidia of some sort.

i don't get lag at all if it's the only thing running, i do occasionally get lag when i'm running the ton of stuff i usually have running at the same time.

I barely played ftb/mindcrack on my 2gb core duo on a server and it was okay but couldn't load as much and it felt very slow...

anyway, modded minecraft is the way to go.. vanilla is a little annoying when you're used to all the mods.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:59 PM   #279
Thomkal
Head Coach

Thought you regular minecraft players would like this: Minecraft as a roguelike.

Minecraft Infinity Dungeon (Snapshot 14w04b) Part 1 - Creeper Chicken Hat - YouTube
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #280
finketr
College Prospect

been playing madpack (available on atlauncher: ATLauncher - Home ). it's insane.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:23 PM   #281
Kodos
Resident Alien

What are thoughts on Notchland and Stampy's World? My 9 year old is interested. So far I have resisted all mods. Especially after we ended up with virus problems when he tried to do them without our knowledge.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-22-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:37 PM   #282
gstelmack
Pro Starter

My 9 year old wants a sports mod - I have resisted for similar virusy reasons so far.