Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #251
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Joe Jackson with one of the biggest bonehead plays I have ever seen for Memphis yesterday.

With 42 seconds left in the game, 35 seconds on the shot clock, Memphis is up 2 points. Georgetown puts a little pressure on him so he decides to dribble into the lane and promptly throw it out of bounds with around 30 seconds left in the game. Georgetown then scores the game tying field goal. Memphis then loses in overtime.

I could not believe what I was seeing when it happened. At worst Georgetown should have been down 2 with around 5-10 seconds left in the game.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Last edited by jbergey22 : 11-24-2011 at 09:43 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #252
digamma
Torchbearer

Harvard crushed Utah last night 75-47. The Boston Globe writer who covers Harvard though says that Utah might be the worst team Harvard has played to this point. Considering we opened with MIT, that is really saying something.

Big step up in class today against FSU in the semifinals of the Atlantis tournament.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:34 AM   #253
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Harvard crushed Utah last night 75-47. The Boston Globe writer who covers Harvard though says that Utah might be the worst team Harvard has played to this point. Considering we opened with MIT, that is really saying something.

Big step up in class today against FSU in the semifinals of the Atlantis tournament.

Most of the Pac-12 has been a nightmare thus far. It's going to be one of those years where they struggle to get more than 3 invites to the big dance, even with more teams.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:49 PM   #254
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:

I actually thought UMass looked much better than the final score (73-53) against FSU, but 2-23 from 3 killed us. FSU is a great team defensively (led nation in opponents FG% the past 2 seasons) but we were still missing open shots. Oh well, would've liked a shot vs. Harvard or UConn.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:34 PM   #255
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Harvard and FSU are tied at 14 at the half.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #256
MJ4H
Coordinator

welp
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:08 PM   #257
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Harvard and FSU are tied at 14 at the half.

And the Crimson pull through with a 46-41 win. UConn was upset on the other half of the bracket, so Harvard plays Central Florida for Atlantis tomorrow. I think we get the city or at least the hotel if we win.

Really physical defense from both teams. FSU neutralized a lot of Harvard's strengths...I think our two bigs only had about 10 points combined. But we had a couple of big 3's down the stretch to win.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #258
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
And the Crimson pull through with a 46-41 win. UConn was upset on the other half of the bracket, so Harvard plays Central Florida for Atlantis tomorrow. I think we get the city or at least the hotel if we win.

Its a really nice hotel, not bad!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:35 PM   #259
Izulde
Head Coach

66-55 win for UNLV over USC to stay undefeated. With UNC leading South Carolina comfortably last time I checked, tomorrow's championship game should be an excellent test of just how far the Rebels are from being considered elite status.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:11 AM   #260
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Griffin Lentsch's record 89 points for Grinnell College were all part of a plan - ESPN

D3 guy from Grinnell College in IA (where they run an offense system that keeps them among the top scoring teams in any division of NCAA basketball) scores 89 points earlier this week in a game against Principia.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #261
Izulde
Head Coach

For those who are interested, UNLV vs #1 North Carolina will be on ESPN 2 tonight at 7:30 PST/10:30 EST.

Looking forward to the game, Radii.

Old 11-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #262
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
For those who are interested, UNLV vs #1 North Carolina will be on ESPN 2 tonight at 7:30 PST/10:30 EST.

Looking forward to the game, Radii.

I would wish you luck but I wouldn't mean it in the slightest. Glad to see its got a late enough start that its on TV on a busy football day.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:26 PM   #263
Izulde
Head Coach

42-38 Tarheels up at half. Been a close game the whole way.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:41 PM   #264
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Jay Bilas looks like he is trying not to laugh every time he looks at his co-announcer.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:48 PM   #266
Izulde
Head Coach

50-42 UNLV lead early in second. Runnin Rebels on fire

Old 11-26-2011, 11:23 PM   #267
Izulde
Head Coach

Man, what a game this has been so far. I'm worried about our foul trouble, though

Old 11-26-2011, 11:47 PM   #268
MrBug708
Head Coach

UCLA transfers beat UNC
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:01 AM   #269
Izulde
Head Coach

90-80 win over 1 UNC and still undefeated!!!!! THE RUNNIN' REBELS ARE BACK, BABY!!!!!

(Okay, so we're probably Sweet 16 at most this year, but after yet another sad sack year in football and seasons of merely being decent under Kruger, it feels damn great to get a win like this.)

Old 11-27-2011, 12:20 AM   #270
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
90-80 win over 1 UNC and still undefeated!!!!! THE RUNNIN' REBELS ARE BACK, BABY!!!!!

(Okay, so we're probably Sweet 16 at most this year, but after yet another sad sack year in football and seasons of merely being decent under Kruger, it feels damn great to get a win like this.)

Very Nice!
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:44 AM   #271
Radii
Head Coach

Grats Izulde. Same old same old for the (thankfully pretty rare) UNC loss. lost by 10, missed 13 free throws. Best frontcourt in the country, but allowed 13 offensive rebounds, including MANY key offensive boards in the final 10 minutes. Down by 6 or 7 with like 5-10 minutes to go in the 2nd half UNC looked way younger than they should at this point and looked panicked and desperate when there was no reason to feel that way.

Freshman PJ Hairston can shoot, that's great to see. Barnes tried to take over late but he was too much of a non-factor early on.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:43 AM   #272
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

And the Badgers play UNC and UNLV over the next few weeks - should be a fun little run for the Badgers to see how they match up to some good teams. Glad we get UNLV at home this year.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:34 AM   #273
Radii
Head Coach

UNC's next two are vs Wisconsin, @ Kentucky. I'm looking forward to both, wouldn't be surprised at any combination of resultsl, especially early in the season.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #274
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

UNLV vs Harvard for all the marbles this year. You heard it here first.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:33 AM   #275
Thomkal
Head Coach

Unfortunately Coastal Carolina's undefeated streak has come to an end. Playing down at Florida International (Isiah Thomas is the coach there), they were down one starter due to an injury and were on the opposite end of the last second shot drama they had with Clemson, losing 64-62.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:02 PM   #276
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
And the Badgers play UNC and UNLV over the next few weeks - should be a fun little run for the Badgers to see how they match up to some good teams. Glad we get UNLV at home this year.

I still remember last year's home game against Wisconsin that I was at. What a fun one that was. My dad was so mad we beat the Badgers.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #277
wade moore
lolzcat

Anyone that likes fun college basketball should turn on ESPNU and watch VCU @ Alabama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:33 AM   #278
Kodos
Resident Alien

It was sweet beating Butler last night. Loving how hard IU is playing this year. We weren't shooting well, but still found a way to beat them by double-digits. If we can continue improving this year, I think we just might be able to return to the NCAA tournament this season. Go Hoosiers!
Old 11-28-2011, 09:36 AM   #279
Butter
Coordinator

Minnesota likely loses Trevor Mbakwe for the year last night, as Dayton wins the Old Spice Classic. Dayton ran through Wake Forest, Fairfield, and Minnesota in a field that also included Indiana State, Texas Tech, Arizona State, and DePaul.

Or, as what I referred to it, "3 mid-majors and the worst team from nearly every BCS conference". To be fair, Minnesota is probably projected more like in the 7/8/9 range in the Big Ten, but after losing Mbakwe, you can probably downgrade that to more like 10th or 11th.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #280
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
It was sweet beating Butler last night. Loving how hard IU is playing this year. We weren't shooting well, but still found a way to beat them by double-digits. If we can continue improving this year, I think we just might be able to return to the NCAA tournament this season. Go Hoosiers!

I haven't had a chance to watch any of their games yet, but local sports radio says they're much improved this year. I am going to catch the game against NC St. and see how they look. I hope they have a decent year and get back to the NCAA tourney.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #281
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Big 10 basketball is much more interesting with a strong Indiana team. Wisconsin-Indiana games were always so fun to watch when Indiana was good.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:24 PM   #282
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I haven't had a chance to watch any of their games yet, but local sports radio says they're much improved this year. I am going to catch the game against NC St. and see how they look. I hope they have a decent year and get back to the NCAA tourney.

Cody Zeller, the 6'11" freshman, has made a world of difference. Finally having a strong inside presence is making everyone else around him better. Some other guys like Victor Oladipo and Will Sheehey have made nice improvements to their game.

NC State should be a good test for the Hoosiers. Looking forward to the game.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #283
Izulde
Head Coach

New AP Top 25
1. Kentucky
2. Ohio State
3. Duke
4. Syracuse
5. North Carolina
6. Louisville
7. Baylor
8. Connecticut
9. Wisconsin
10. Florida
11. Xavier
12. Alabama
13. Missouri (Biggest rise - #21 last week)
14. Michigan
15. Kansas
16. Marquette
17. Pittsburgh
18. UNLV
19. Gonzaga
20. Vanderbilt
21. Mississippi State
22. Memphis (Biggest fall - #8 last week)
23. St. Louis (First time in Top 25 since 1993-94)
24. California
25. Texas A&M

Dropped out: Florida State and Arizona

Some people are bitching about the Runnin' Rebels being ranked too low. To me it seems about right - the UNC win was fantastic, but outside of that we haven't had really tough opponents. Obviously that changed when we played the Tarheels.

Road game against UC-Santa Barbara up next. Underrated opponent IMO. They're 4-1, with their only loss a one point defeat against San Diego State in their last game. The Gauchos also beat us last year, so we'll be looking for revenge.

After that, the next really huge game is @ Wisconsin on December 10th. Should be a hell of a matchup. Last year's win over the Badgers at the Thomas and Mack was one of the most fun basketball games I've ever been to.

Old 11-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #284
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Minnesota's season is likely over as Trevor Mbakwe is out for the season with a Torn ACL. Awful news, kid was fun as hell to watch.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #285
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Cody Zeller, the 6'11" freshman, has made a world of difference. Finally having a strong inside presence is making everyone else around him better. Some other guys like Victor Oladipo and Will Sheehey have made nice improvements to their game.

NC State should be a good test for the Hoosiers. Looking forward to the game.

Funny...we're pretty much saying the same thing about you guys.

State's been pretty solid so far under Gottfried, though it looks like defense continues to be a struggle and they've been crap from the FT line so far this year. Even so, there hasn't been this much optimism about the program in quite some time, maybe since Sendek's second year after he seemed to finally be pulling State out of the abyss of the early 1990s--yes, he lead State to five straight NCAAs, but by the time he did so, the fan base was so bitterly divided over him, it really killed any enthusiasm for the program.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:00 AM   #287
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Huckleberry Hound is at it again...........

Williams: Don't sell tickets, or else - North Carolina Basketball Blog - ESPN
Old 11-29-2011, 09:05 AM   #288
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Hate may be too strong a word, I despise Roy Williams.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:06 AM   #289
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Always a fun link to have handy. You can look at the AP ballot for all poll voters.

Associated Press Voter Listing

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 11-29-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:08 AM   #290
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Huckleberry Hound is at it again...........

Somebody ought to bitch slap him ... unless he's paying for those tickets himself.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #291
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Somebody ought to bitch slap him ... unless he's paying for those tickets himself.

I'd pay a few hundred just to buy those tickets off someone, make a custom shirt that says something to the effect of 'Roy, go F yourself!', and then proceed to read him the riot act for 40 minutes.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:44 PM   #292
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Wow, OSU blitzing Duke out of the gate
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #293
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Wow, OSU blitzing Duke out of the gate

And again near end of the half.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #294
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
And again near end of the half.

yet Dicky V still can't stop the Duke love. The Austin Rivers lovefest is making me ill.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:32 PM   #295
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
yet Dicky V still can't stop the Duke love. The Austin Rivers lovefest is making me ill.

Watching on mute.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:37 PM   #296
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I bet Duke -1.5 for the second half against my better judgement. I can't see them losing by 17.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #297
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
In Dicky V's defense, Rivers has made some very nice plays, maybe the best I've seen him play so far. Ohio State just overwhelmed them as a whole.

(But, saying that, he was a bit overboard about him for a bit)

Last edited by rjolley : 11-29-2011 at 10:33 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:21 AM   #298
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

I'm shocked that you didn't post when he compared Ohio State to Missouri. I would have assumed that comment would have induced a minimum of a 50 post FOFC rant.

With that said, my thoughts on Dukie V's analyst skills are well known by now. Dude is a great mascot/ambassador of college basketball, but is WAY past his prime.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:34 AM   #299
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I'm shocked that you didn't post when he compared Ohio State to Missouri. I would have assumed that comment would have induced a minimum of a 50 post FOFC rant.

With that said, my thoughts on Dukie V's analyst skills are well known by now. Dude is a great mascot/ambassador of college basketball, but is WAY past his prime.

I guess the world doesn't revolve around muzzou as much as u think
Old 11-30-2011, 09:55 AM   #300
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I guess the world doesn't revolve around muzzou as much as u think

I guess not. I've been crushed like a dove.