Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-30-2011, 11:59 PM   #251
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Based upon tonight's results and Jake getting yanked in the 3rd qtr, I truly expect him to transfer at the end of the season. Which I feel would set off a chain reaction of Apo and Van Noy...although I think Van Noy would stay as he has superstar status with the BYU faithful..

I was wondering about that. Where would Heaps go? Back home to UW?
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:14 AM   #252
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post

I could see him going back home...but I think he goes to where he would get a start..
Old 10-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #253
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Dorial Green-Beckham had reportedly narrowed his list down to Missouri, Arkansas,Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas. He has 60 catches for over 1,000 yard and 10 TDs. Only reason his numbers are that "low" is that Hillcrest finally has some other weapons around him.

He will absolutely shatter almost every state receiving record. Kid is amazing.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #254
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Plus, a local kid of his stature committing publicly to the local school and then reneging on that would be, well, a pretty dick move IMO.

Per @Ryan_kartje: Gunner reaffirmed his commitment to IU.

Last edited by Kodos : 10-01-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:57 PM   #255
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Per @Ryan_kartje: Gunner reaffirmed his commitment to IU.
Good to hear.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #256
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Unless Heaps really really wants to be close to his family, I doubt he'd transfer to the UW. Price is quickly entrenching himself as a 3-year starter, we have a pretty intriguing true frosh QB that's redshirting and two very highly regarded commitments in the 2012 class. Not to mention some kid named Montana that's currently backing up Price.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:37 AM   #257
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Mario Edwards decommitted from FSU and it looks like OU is the new team to beat.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #258
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Apparently Jameis Winston could be the next one to decommit from FSU. Lot of smoke from Bama people he will end up there.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #259
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Danny O'Brien picks Tennesse over Michigan.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #260
Logan
Head Coach

Pitt lands a big one in RB Rushel Shell.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:12 PM   #261
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Notre Dame's been doing ok - of the 3 services, Scout likes them the best, with 4/5*'s at RB, WR, OT, DT (2), MLB, OLB, CB (2), and S. Huge week next week for the USC game with #1 RB Keith Marshall, 5* WR Bryce Treggs, 3 5* OT's (USC verbal Armstead, Georgia commit Theus, Banner), and 3 more 4* at CB and WR listed right now.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #262
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Danny O'Brien picks Tennesse over Michigan.

Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:35 PM   #263
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

4* DT carlos Watkins picked Clemson over Florida, bama and south Carolina tonight.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #264
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Arik Armstead has de-committed from USC. Undoubtedly due to USC's reluctance to clear his brother to play (he has some type of mysterious medical ailment that they have not been able to diagnose but also are unwilling to clear.)
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:28 PM   #265
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Chat: Chat with Tom VanHaaren - SportsNation - ESPN

Tom VanHaaren, ESPN's recruiting editor for Michigan, does a chat on Michigan's recruiting. One interesting bit is WR recruits might be soft on Michigan due to Robinson being the QB. #pleaseplayGardnermore
Old 10-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #266
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:

Tom VanHaaren, ESPN's recruiting editor for Michigan, does a chat on Michigan's recruiting. One interesting bit is WR recruits might be soft on Michigan due to Robinson being the QB. #pleaseplayGardnermore

4* WR Jordan Payton, out of California, is announcing next Tuesday. Sounds like it'll be Michigan barring a big change of heart.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:50 PM   #267
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

That's odd. Don't these kids realize that Robinson just has one more year left? The odds of any of these kids making an impact as true freshmen are slim. By the time QB play really matters to them it will either be Gardner or someone else playing QB, not Robinson.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #268
bigdawg2003
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Arik Armstead has de-committed from USC. Undoubtedly due to USC's reluctance to clear his brother to play (he has some type of mysterious medical ailment that they have not been able to diagnose but also are unwilling to clear.)

Just saw the Longhorns have made an offer to Armstead. Interesting to see UT expand its recruiting horizon beyond Texas and the occasional LA, AZ or CO prospect - hopefully they'll find they have the national profile to snag the occasional elite OOS prospect out of somebody else's backyard
Old 10-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #269
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
That's odd. Don't these kids realize that Robinson just has one more year left? The odds of any of these kids making an impact as true freshmen are slim. By the time QB play really matters to them it will either be Gardner or someone else playing QB, not Robinson.

My inside knowledge of Michigan only comes from you guys in these threads, but weren't you originally planning on a less Denard-focused offense this year, only to quickly abandon it? Maybe the kids are worried that the guys around him who they will play with won't begin growing into a more traditional scheme until he's gone. And then you still have an adjustment period beyond that.

Likely to be way off of course.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #270
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
My inside knowledge of Michigan only comes from you guys in these threads, but weren't you originally planning on a less Denard-focused offense this year, only to quickly abandon it? Maybe the kids are worried that the guys around him who they will play with won't begin growing into a more traditional scheme until he's gone. And then you still have an adjustment period beyond that.

Likely to be way off of course.

I think the coaching staff hoped Robinson could pull off passing well enough to make a hybrid system work. There was talk of him completing 70% of his passes during a part if not all of the off season. Snarky reply, of course he was throwing against the Michigan defense. He simply hasn't shown he can run the system as they want him to. His touch and accuracy are pitiful. I don't see a full off season changing it either. He is who he is.

Some games look like they try it their way, but it's not working right. They cave to something that works better for him and he starts producing. One hope I was getting from earlier in the season was the RBs were starting to perform well and thus it helped him out a lot. As usual, State proved a credible defense can still shut down the offense.

I wonder if the coaching staff doesn't feel like their hands are tied to playing him even if they want to move on to Gardner. A bye week and Purdue with a banged up Robinson sounds like a really good chance to get Gardner some reps. I'm just waiting for Gardner to get put in long enough for him to lead a scoring drive so they decide to stick with him to see what happens. He had three plays that went well and then they subbed Robinson back in only to kill the drive. He's simply subbed in too little to really get much of anything going.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #271
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
4* WR Jordan Payton, out of California, is announcing next Tuesday. Sounds like it'll be Michigan barring a big change of heart.
It can't hurt ND that he's visiting this weekend.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #272
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Former PSU commit, JJ Denman commits to Wisconsin a few days back. That is four OL that the Badgers have landed this class with one more to go: Jordan Diamond.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:20 PM   #273
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
It can't hurt ND that he's visiting this weekend.

Ha yeah. He's visiting with his coach and some teammates. I'll never say never in recruiting but making a decision date before your last visit seems pretty good for Michigan.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:21 PM   #274
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Any 2012 WR would maybe play 1 year with Denard, possibly none at all. The current front runner for #1 QB in 2013 is Shane Morris (5* on Scout) and he is committed to Michigan which should bring 2-3 stud WR's in the 2013 class.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:05 PM   #275
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Any 2012 WR would maybe play 1 year with Denard, possibly none at all. The current front runner for #1 QB in 2013 is Shane Morris (5* on Scout) and he is committed to Michigan which should bring 2-3 stud WR's in the 2013 class.

He's also considered one of their best recruiters as well as per the posted chat.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:28 PM   #276
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Ha yeah. He's visiting with his coach and some teammates. I'll never say never in recruiting but making a decision date before your last visit seems pretty good for Michigan.
Yeah, I have no inside information and I'm not too focused on him anyway... we already have 3 WR's committed (2 I think will stick) and there is a better WR prospect visiting in Bryce Treggs. But it's always nice to stick it to Michigan, since we apparently can't finish the job on the field lately.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #277
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Kiel decommitted today apparently.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #278
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Yep:

http://notredame.247sports.com/Artic...ne-visit-45280
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:03 PM   #279
Kodos
Resident Alien

Being an IU football fan is a life of torment. I don't blame the kid at all, but this sucks.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #280
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

That's shitty. For a local kid like that to do that just sucks. If you're not really committed, don't proclaim yourself as such - don't do that to your community that has so much invested in the idea that you'll be playing for the local school. Better to keep your recruitment open until you're really, 100% sure then to make a public commitment and then pull back from it a couple months later.

Any idea what's driving this? Is he losing faith in Wilson?
Old 10-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #281
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Someone on another board who's in Indy said he's "not happy with how things are being done" at IU. Not sure what that means. I hope he didn't expect them to be good or anything, so I expect it's something else.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #282
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
That's shitty. For a local kid like that to do that just sucks. If you're not really committed, don't proclaim yourself as such - don't do that to your community that has so much invested in the idea that you'll be playing for the local school. Better to keep your recruitment open until you're really, 100% sure then to make a public commitment and then pull back from it a couple months later.

Any idea what's driving this? Is he losing faith in Wilson?

The only thing I've heard is based on a UM poster who is a HS coach in Indiana who said his mom is pretty crazy and she is pushing him away from IU. No idea to the truth of that though.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:19 PM   #283
Kodos
Resident Alien

It could be Wilson. He's been driving out guys who don't work hard. Supposedly Wilson has had run-ins with other coaches, players, etc. A lot of innuendo on the Scout boards, but nobody will actually say what the "issues" were. From what I can gather, many find Wilson abrasive.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:38 PM   #284
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm gonna Kiel myself.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #285
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

In a week that has had plenty of bad news for USC, they got some good news tonight as 4 star guard (#1 guard in the nation per Rivals) Jordan Simmons committed to USC.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:25 AM   #286
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I know this kid is being recruited (not sure if he committed to Indian) by Indiana...

Some hops...

Old 10-29-2011, 02:04 AM   #287
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Dorial Green-Beckham had another average night Thursday with 11 catches for 303 yards and 3 TDs. That put him at 6,109 receiving yards for his career, which breaks the national record of 5,867 yards held by Abram Booty (the Cooper Manning of the Booty family). Hillcrest qualified for the playoffs, so he could have a few more games to pad the record.

I've heard some talk Missouri may again get involved in the Kiel recruiting, but personally I'm OK with Maty Mauk. Mauk to DGB could be amazing if we can keep Dorial in state.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #288
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I know this kid is being recruited (not sure if he committed to Indian) by Indiana...

Some hops...

Also saw the video on Iowa State's page on ESPN, so I think it's too early to say where he is going.

In class of 2015 news, here's Cass Tech's freshman QB who is already starting for a team in the playoffs. Coach is a former Michigan player, but it's pretty evident he wants to go south to play in a warmer climate. Also note the hair.

2015 QB Jayru Campbell Interview - ESPN Video - ESPN
Old 11-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #289
MrBug708
Head Coach

UCLA manages to pick up a four star commit, Lacey Westbrook. Good to see kids committing to the program and not the coach
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #290
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
UCLA manages to pick up a four star commit, Lacey Westbrook. Good to see kids committing to the program and not the coach
Seems like similar circumstances to Washington getting Jermaine Kearse when Willingham was coach. Not exactly the same, but essentially it was about following their Dad's wishes and staying close to home.

Location is usually the top factor, which is why USC & UCLA should always pull in pretty good classes even when struggling on the field.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:57 PM   #291
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Another chat on Michigan recruiting.

WR Jordan Payton tweeted today he is nearing a decision.

OL Josh Garnett and others are coming to the OSU game. Garnett hash tagged it #Gonnabecrazy so he seems pumped about it. Would be nice to see Michigan win and the Big House go nuts like they did for the Irish.

There is an ESPN Insider conversation with WR Stefon Diggs here, Michigan Wolverines resurface with Stefon Diggs - ESPN

Quote:
"At first I was a little shaky with Michigan, because I knew Blake was one of the best guys out there but he wasn't playing," he said. "Then I noticed that he's gotten the starting job. He worked for it and won it, and that makes me feel more comfortable that they'll play the best guys."

Blake Countess being his former teammate, who now starts as a true freshman.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:38 PM   #292
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC gets their first commit for 2013, DE Kenny Bigelow who is expected to be a 5 star player. He's David Still's teammate in Delaware and is already 6'3 280.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #293
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Mizzou recruiting is crazy right now. We had a few decommits after the SEC move and a relative down year, including two four-star players.

But over the last few days, there have been several four-star players who have previously had very little interest in Mizzou that are now going to visit and are highly considering the program because of the SEC move and the new spots opening up. Who knows where the hell this is all going to end up.

Mizzou has also moved two coaches into Florida and one into Georgia. Will be interesting to see how quickly that pays dividends. They would like to do in Florida what they did in Texas in the Big 12.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #294
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Mizzou recruiting is crazy right now. We had a few decommits after the SEC move and a relative down year, including two four-star players.

But over the last few days, there have been several four-star players who have previously had very little interest in Mizzou that are now going to visit and are highly considering the program because of the SEC move and the new spots opening up. Who knows where the hell this is all going to end up.

Mizzou has also moved two coaches into Florida and one into Georgia. Will be interesting to see how quickly that pays dividends. They would like to do in Florida what they did in Texas in the Big 12.

I admit I only follow recruiting from a far distance and don't care much until they actually sign and play on the field but what has the SEC move done for Dorial Green Beckham? Better, worse, about the same? I try asking on Tigerboard sometimes but if you don't hang out there 24-7 the site tends to just make stupid jokes and continue stupid debates about KU or the uniforms.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:46 PM   #295
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
I admit I only follow recruiting from a far distance and don't care much until they actually sign and play on the field but what has the SEC move done for Dorial Green Beckham? Better, worse, about the same? I try asking on Tigerboard sometimes but if you don't hang out there 24-7 the site tends to just make stupid jokes and continue stupid debates about KU or the uniforms.

His top two at this point are reportedly Arkansas and Mizzou. OU was in there, but slid down some at this point. His dad has said that the SEC move helped.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:50 PM   #296
Cuckoo
College Starter

DGB has been really tight-lipped through this whole thing. That said, a lot of folks seem to think it's Arkansas or OU, at least that's what I've heard.

Last edited by Cuckoo : 12-01-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:54 PM   #297
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo View Post
DGB has been really tight-lipped through this whole thing. That said, a lot of folks seem to think it's Arkansas or OU, at least that's what I've heard.

His parents have done a great job of keeping the recruitment under wraps. They've done it the right way for sure.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #298
DeToxRox
Head Coach

4* WR Amarah Darboh out of Iowa committed to Michigan tonight. Kid doesn't have huge upside but looks to be a kid who could be a very productive WR for us.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #299
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
4* WR Amarah Darboh out of Iowa committed to Michigan tonight. Kid doesn't have huge upside but looks to be a kid who could be a very productive WR for us.

Looks lik another WR(3*) is interested in Michigan as well. They are looking for two, so that might be two on the lesser name side. Hopefully next year they can start to bring in some better guys.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #300
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Looks lik another WR(3*) is interested in Michigan as well. They are looking for two, so that might be two on the lesser name side. Hopefully next year they can start to bring in some better guys.

Jehu Chesson out of Missouri I believe. Kid has an incredibly high ceiling based on his film but is very raw.