Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-07-2014, 10:35 PM   #251
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Sadly, it was one of those shows were I saw it a couple of times and liked it but knew it would get the axe so I didn't make it a part of regular viewing
Yeah, I watched it, but I knew the writing was on the wall by like Episode 5. Great chemistry between the leads, but it didn't help that they were airing them out of order, so the relationship between the Detective/Robot could be jarring from episode to episode.

I'm not sure how much better it would have gotten. They had the great characters/actors for the leads, but never spent much time world-building or writing a larger plot. I think if they had spent 3-4 episodes after the pilot building the Kennex/DRN relationship and then used the remaining 7-8 to delve into the Syndicate/Kennex's ex there would have been more of an fan push to get it renewed, but as it were 90% of any plot was revealed in the Pilot and for all they kept talking about the Syndicate or having Kennex go to the memory guy nothing more was ever done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oykib View Post
I have the same comment for that news that I had when I first heard about Smallville.

A: "Hey. What's the most interesting thing about Clark Kent?"

B: "That's easy. He's Superman."

A: "What we should do is take that interesting thing about him away and make a TV series out of it!"

You can apply that same jackass logic to Gotham.
Shurg. I love origin stories - isn't that every little boy's dream to turn into a superhero? The problem is that there needs to be real growth, and Smallville just ended up in a holding pattern (or at least, what I remember of it - I stopped caring at all by at least like S3.) Superman's also the hardest one to do - either he's impervious to pain, and unbelievably strong, and can fly... or he can't. There's no way to partially do any of those. (It's also crazy that Kryptonite was only invented because Superman was read on the radio every day without re-runs and the guy wanted an occasional vacation. Imagine Superman with no weakness... what's the point?)
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:38 PM   #252
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Old 05-09-2014, 12:04 AM   #253
mckerney
Coordinator

Really hope Review gets picked up for another season, Andy Daly is brilliant and there needs to be more of it.

Last edited by mckerney : 05-09-2014 at 12:13 AM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #254
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post

That's really all I have to say about that

No, seriously, I'm nowhere near that point yet. Everything about last night's episode was just fucking outstanding to me, no real concerns about Dexter or The Following levels of stupidity creeping in.

Perhaps it was just the adrenaline/excitement from seeing the dead body on display this week (avoiding spoilers etc) that carried me through the rest without thinking too hard, b/c hooooooooooooooly shit that was well done.

Hannibal has been renewed for a third season.

Good news!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:21 PM   #255
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Hannibal has been renewed for a third season.

yessss!

Last edited by Radii : 05-09-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:39 PM   #256
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Community and Revolution both canceled
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:21 PM   #257
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Community and Revolution both canceled

It's a bummer about Community, though I stopped watching it after the third season.

I sort of forgot "Revolution" even existed.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 05-09-2014, 03:33 PM   #258
Suicane75
Coordinator

Disappointed that Trophy Wife got the ax. I think it was starting to hit its stride.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:52 PM   #259
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if serious but I did enjoy that show. I'm sure Burt will catch on elsewhere.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:53 PM   #260
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not sure if serious but I did enjoy that show. I'm sure Burt will catch on elsewhere.

Think he was serious. Bummer...was an amusing show.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:00 PM   #261
DanGarion
Coordinator

I liked Trophy Wife.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:06 PM   #262
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Fixed

We all like Malin Ackerman
Old 05-09-2014, 08:37 PM   #263
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Fixed

We all like Malin Ackerman

I liked that 100% of the jokes weren't based on her being hot/didn't use her hotness.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:41 PM   #264
Suicane75
Coordinator

Yeah, I was being serious. About halfway through the season I think they kinda hit a stride and Burt definitely has breakout material. I think with a 2nd season they could have grown pretty good. Alas, it's not meant to be.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:52 PM   #265
stevew
Hall Of Famer

They should have given it a half season renewal or moved it to Friday night. Burt had such an organic breakout too, dunno if he can replicate it elsewhere but I'm sure he gets work. Like I didn't doubt his inclusion in the family for a second. It made sense. Thought the daughter was awful and she was actually their 2nd daughter choice. The friend Meg never was used correctly either.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #266
Suicane75
Coordinator

Yeah, the sheer size of the cast for a 30 minute sitcom was probably too much. I could have done without so much of the best friend and especially her idiot bf.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:21 AM   #267
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Let me just say this season of Arrow has been fantastic. Talk about the right way to do a super hero series. Not sure if anyone else likes this show me and the kids just dig it.
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:34 AM   #268
stevew
Hall Of Famer

New Ish for CBS 2014 season-

NCIS: New Orleans: The NCIS New Orleans office handles cases from Pensacola through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle. New Orleans with its rich setting of music, fun, and debauchery is a magnet for military personnel on-leave. And with fun comes trouble. It is a natural backdrop for a unique character driven spin-off. Cast: Scott Bakula (Special Agent Dwayne Pride); CCH Pounder (Dr. Loretta Wade).

Prediction-This goes after both NCIS's on Tuesday and is a moderate hit but probably doesn't end up with more than 2 seasons.

Madam Secretary: About the personal and professional life of a maverick female Secretary of State as she drives international diplomacy, wrangles office politics, and balances a complex family life. Cast: Tea Leoni (Secretary of State Elizabeth McCord); Tim Daly (Henry McCord); Bebe Neuwirth (Nadine Tolliver).

Prediction-sounds DOA(edit, sounds really DOA, political shit rarely works on the networks)

Stalker: Psychological thriller centered around a pair of detectives who handle stalking incidents for the Threat Management Unit of the LAPD. Cast: Maggie Q (Detective Beth Davis); Dylan McDermott (Detective Jack Larsen).

Prediction-sounds DOA

Scorpion: An eccentric genius and his international network of super-geniuses form the last line of defense against the complex threats of the modern age. Cast: Robert Patrick (Agent Cabe Gallo); Eddie Kaye Thomas (Toby); Katharine McPhee (Paige).

Prediction-Who knows, I bet it gains some sort of traction, especially if they pair it with Person of Interest

The Odd Couple: A half-hour multi-camera comedy pilot based on Neil Simon’s The Odd Couple. Cast: Matthew Perry (Oscar Madison); Thomas Lennon (Felix); Wendell Pierce (Teddy).

Prediction-Maybe works, but only cause Tom Lennon is great. Also now that I figured out that Wendall Pierce=Bunk from the wire, I think it has a better chance of working.

McCarthy's: multi-camera comedy about a sports-crazed Irish-Catholic family that shares a three decker house in Boston and the one member that dares to move out on his own

Prediction-would need to hear who is producing. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen though.

Also CSI:Cyber was ordered to series. That was the backdoor pilot from a week or two ago.

Prediction-I guess we need a CSI Spinoff. Would like it if we could somehow get a few Miami episodes and a few NYC episodes a year thrown in. I'm sure you could get Sinese and Caruso back for an arc a season with the appropriate amount of money. Doubt that happens though.

Last edited by stevew : 05-10-2014 at 01:43 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:44 AM   #269
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubboyroy1826 View Post
Let me just say this season of Arrow has been fantastic. Talk about the right way to do a super hero series. Not sure if anyone else likes this show me and the kids just dig it.

Big fan of Arrow. I jumped on it a bit late last year right after my daughter was born and really looked forward to this season, it isn't disappointing me!
Old 05-10-2014, 02:41 AM   #270
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubboyroy1826 View Post
I've been saying it's Agents of Shield done right for awhile... But then agents actually got interesting. Either way, I love that its basically a good show because they got lucky when casting minor parts- Diggle's actually been written in to the Arrow comic since, and Felicity was a debutante actress.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:49 AM   #271
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Gah I knew they were going to make an NCIS: New Orleans. I thought that double episode this season was terrible. Actually I thought most episodes this season were terrible except for this past week. And next week (finale) is going to be a tearjerker. Bleh.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #272
cuervo72
Head Coach

Wait...they're remaking The Odd Couple?? Ugh.

I'd actually cast Perry as Felix, personally. Seems like he can do persnickety.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:06 PM   #273
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Parenthood has been renewed for a final season.

Also,the upcoming season of Parks & Recreation will be a final season as well.

NBC announced its 2014-2015 schedule (below) today.

NBC FALL 2014-15 SCHEDULE

(New programs in UPPER CASE; all times ET)

MONDAY

8-10 p.m. — “The Voice”

10-11 p.m. — “The Blacklist” / “STATE OF AFFAIRS” (beginning Nov. 17)

TUESDAY

8-9 p.m. — “The Voice”

9-9:30 p.m. — “MARRY ME”

9:30-10 p.m. — “About a Boy”

10-11 p.m. — “Chicago Fire”

WEDNESDAY

8-9 p.m. — “THE MYSTERIES OF LAURA”

9-10 p.m. — “Law & Order: SVU”

10-11 p.m. — “Chicago P.D.”

THURSDAY

8-9 p.m. — “The Biggest Loser”

9-9:30 p.m. — “BAD JUDGE” (“The Blacklist” beginning Feb. 5)

9:30-10 p.m. — “A TO Z”

10-11 p.m. — “Parenthood”

FRIDAY

8-9 p.m. — “Dateline NBC”

9-10 p.m. — “Grimm”

10-11 p.m. — “CONSTANTINE”

SATURDAY

8-11 p.m. — Encore programming

SUNDAY

7-8:20 p.m. — “Football Night in America”

8:20-11:30 p.m. — “NBC Sunday Night Football”

FRESH COMEDIES, CAPTIVATING DRAMAS AND HIGHLY POPULAR RETURNING SERIES HIGHLIGHT NBC’S WELL-BALANCED AND DYNAMIC 2014-15 PRIMETIME SCHEDULE

#1 New Show of the Season “The Blacklist” Moves to Thursdays in February and Earns Post-Super Bowl Timeslot

Emmy Award-Winning Series “The Voice” Returns Monday and Tuesday with New Coaches Pharrell Williams and Gwen Stefani

David Caspe’s New Comedy “Marry Me” Earns Tuesday “Voice” Lead-Out

Light-hearted Detective Drama “The Mysteries of Laura” Leads Off Procedural-Themed Wednesday Line-up

New Comedy Block “Bad Judge” and “A to Z” Move Into Thursday

Popular DC Comics Fan Favorite “Constantine” Comes to Life Friday
Old 05-11-2014, 01:12 PM   #274
stevew
Hall Of Famer

NBC is just so sad. Basically football and the Voice. Maybe they will see some success once football is over and the Blacklist moves to thursday. While I'd assume that the Blacklist will fair better once removed from the Voice(unlike Revolution-rip), it's so up in the air with NBC viewership.

It would be cool if the show "Bad Judge" was about some celebrity singing competition judge that was going off the rails, but I'm sure it's just a Better Call Saul rip-off.

It's just so amazing that they could create such a lineup of shows with no appeal, and they didn't even schedule Parks and Rec so it can garner its usual shite in the key demo.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:33 PM   #275
Suicane75
Coordinator

Sweet lord. Thursday night was the one thing NBC had going for it and they had years and years to build around it, instead they just let it die a slow death. That network is creative cancer.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:37 PM   #276
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Trailers Released for ‘State of Affairs’, ‘Constantine’, ‘The Mysteries of Laura’, ‘Marry Me’, ‘Bad Judge’ & ‘A to Z’ - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com

Trailers-

A to Z looks like garbage, the dead mum from HIMYM, one of the creatives from Mad Men.

Bad Judge-Going to have to do a lot of explaining how someone that young/total fuck up can be a judge.

Marry Me-I like Ken Marino but the female lead looks horrible.

Constantine-won't watch.

Mysteries of Laura-Did we really ever need to see Deborah Messing again? I'm good with the amount of Messing I've seen

State of Affairs-Looks like the inbred child of The Blacklist and Homeland starring Katherine Fuckin Heigl. Hell no.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:40 PM   #277
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
NBC is just so sad. Basically football and the Voice.

Given that NBC are #1 this season in the 18-49 demo, it seems unlikely that they are going to change anything.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:56 PM   #278
stevew
Hall Of Famer

*their scripted stuff is low rated garbage.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:50 PM   #279
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

As much as people crap on NBC, I watch more shows on that at network and have for the last several years, than any other of the big networks: ABC, CBS or FOX.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #280
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
*their scripted stuff is low rated garbage.

I'd put Parks and Rec and Hannibal up against any other comedy/drama pair on any other non-cable network.

Low rated? Yes. Garbage? Hardly.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:53 PM   #281
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
NBC is just so sad. Basically football and the Voice. Maybe they will see some success once football is over and the Blacklist moves to thursday. While I'd assume that the Blacklist will fair better once removed from the Voice(unlike Revolution-rip), it's so up in the air with NBC viewership.

It would be cool if the show "Bad Judge" was about some celebrity singing competition judge that was going off the rails, but I'm sure it's just a Better Call Saul rip-off.

It's just so amazing that they could create such a lineup of shows with no appeal, and they didn't even schedule Parks and Rec so it can garner its usual shite in the key demo.

While I understand your point, "The Biggest Loser" is very popular. Parenthood is a fantastic show -- people will eventually realize it when they go back and watch it on streaming options. From the small clips I've seen, "About a Boy" also seems like a pretty good show.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:58 PM   #282
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Really sad to see Parenthood go, but glad they are giving the fans some closure with a final season. I agree with Rowech, it is a fantastic show.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #283
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I'd put Parks and Rec and Hannibal up against any other comedy/drama pair on any other non-cable network.

Low rated? Yes. Garbage? Hardly.

I'll raise you one Shawn Saves the World and top it off with that Anthony Anderson parenting show. Well, I mean, that's their current track record for the past 3 years and when you make shit shows you can't build any sort of audience to launch shows that are actually good but have a more limited appeal.

Last edited by stevew : 05-11-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:31 PM   #284
Izulde
Head Coach

You may have answered this before, JIMGA, but I'll ask it again anyway because I've forgotten - do the ratings take into account, for example, viewing on Hulu+? Because I'm wondering what % of shows like Parks + Rec and Community that have hugely devoted fanbases despite poor ratings are actually watched online due to their being on Hulu?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:44 PM   #285
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
You may have answered this before, JIMGA, but I'll ask it again anyway because I've forgotten - do the ratings take into account, for example, viewing on Hulu+? Because I'm wondering what % of shows like Parks + Rec and Community that have hugely devoted fanbases despite poor ratings are actually watched online due to their being on Hulu?

There's really three major forms of "currency" considered nationally these days: "Live" and "Live + SD" (Same Day) and Live + 3 (watched within 3 days). The latter has become what national advertisers & networks have largely agreed to use.

And then there's Live + 7 but those don't have nearly the weight no matter how much networks wish they did.

The problem really tends to be this: shows that have high percentage gains from delayed viewing tend to be shows whose ratings suck so bad that they suck even with the gains. Like P&R, it went from a 0.9 to a 1.4 with A18-49 ... but that's still crap.

The shows that gain the most total viewers are often shows that don't need the help in the first place, like Grey's Anatomy and Scandal

See the top 25 for each type of increase (percentage and net) right here
Live+7 DVR Ratings: ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Has Biggest 18-49 Ratings Gain, ‘Person of Interest’ Tops Viewership Gain, ‘The Following’, ‘The Vampire Diaries’ & ‘Reign’ Top Percentage Gains in Week 30 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com

edit to add: Also, here's a pretty good explanation of why Same Day is really pretty much the same thing as +3 ... things really don't change all that much, and nobody gives a shit about +7 where they do sometimes show more variance from the same day numbers.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ture-2/207397/

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-11-2014 at 11:47 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:19 PM   #286
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Constantine-won't watch.

As a big fan of the comic book series this is based off of, I am pretty excited by this. I doubt it will last, given the no-name cast and Friday night death slot, but it's one of the few (only?) new network shows I'm excited about.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:21 PM   #287
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Trailers Released for ‘State of Affairs’, ‘Constantine’, ‘The Mysteries of Laura’, ‘Marry Me’, ‘Bad Judge’ & ‘A to Z’ - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com

Trailers-

A to Z looks like garbage, the dead mum from HIMYM, one of the creatives from Mad Men.

Bad Judge-Going to have to do a lot of explaining how someone that young/total fuck up can be a judge.

Marry Me-I like Ken Marino but the female lead looks horrible.

Constantine-won't watch.

Mysteries of Laura-Did we really ever need to see Deborah Messing again? I'm good with the amount of Messing I've seen

State of Affairs-Looks like the inbred child of The Blacklist and Homeland starring Katherine Fuckin Heigl. Hell no.
A to Z has the douchebag from 10 Things I Hate About You as well... nevermind it looked like him at first.

Constantine, wasn't there already a movie about this (yes I fell asleep watching it).

Marry Me - Ken Marino always just plays a douche (expect in the movie Another Earth), the female was on SNL and most recently from Happy Eddings.

Sak will like watching Kate Walsh be a judge for 4 episodes.

Debra Messing holding a gun... HUH?

I'll probably throw State of Affairs a bone because I don't hate Heigl and I've always enjoyed looking at her and the content is stuff I like.

Last edited by DanGarion : 05-12-2014 at 05:44 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:52 PM   #288
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
There's really three major forms of "currency" considered nationally these days: "Live" and "Live + SD" (Same Day) and Live + 3 (watched within 3 days). The latter has become what national advertisers & networks have largely agreed to use.

And then there's Live + 7 but those don't have nearly the weight no matter how much networks wish they did.

The problem really tends to be this: shows that have high percentage gains from delayed viewing tend to be shows whose ratings suck so bad that they suck even with the gains. Like P&R, it went from a 0.9 to a 1.4 with A18-49 ... but that's still crap.

The shows that gain the most total viewers are often shows that don't need the help in the first place, like Grey's Anatomy and Scandal

See the top 25 for each type of increase (percentage and net) right here
Live+7 DVR Ratings: ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Has Biggest 18-49 Ratings Gain, ‘Person of Interest’ Tops Viewership Gain, ‘The Following’, ‘The Vampire Diaries’ & ‘Reign’ Top Percentage Gains in Week 30 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com

edit to add: Also, here's a pretty good explanation of why Same Day is really pretty much the same thing as +3 ... things really don't change all that much, and nobody gives a shit about +7 where they do sometimes show more variance from the same day numbers.

Network PR Jedi Mind Tricks: Live+7 Day DVR Ratings And Your Favorite Show’s Future - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com

Who the hell watches TV live still??? (and understand I'm not talking about any COMPETITION shows, sports, or stupid shit like The Voice, Survivor, or Biggest Loser). I mean really who wastes their time purposely watching commercials and why would I trust such a person?
Old 05-12-2014, 05:55 PM   #289
chadritt
High School Varsity

I do..every single day. I watch multiple shows every day so I dont see the point in waiting around just so I can skip commercials. I frequently do other stuff while the ads are on but theyre still on in the background. Of course I work in TV so I probably dont mind the existence of ads as much as other people since they pay my salary.
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:27 PM   #290
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Who the hell watches TV live still??? (and understand I'm not talking about any COMPETITION shows, sports, or stupid shit like The Voice, Survivor, or Biggest Loser). I mean really who wastes their time purposely watching commercials and why would I trust such a person?

The majority of the country.

Even those who actually use DVR mostly watch only a small part of their total viewing that way.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:01 PM   #291
Groundhog
Coordinator

The trailer for Constantine actually looked much better than I expected. I feared a "Charmed" horror-lite cheesy drama, but at least this looks dark.

Caught the first couple of episodes of Cosmos last night. Mind. Blown. One of those things where, although I know the facts and figures, once you see them explained and demonstrated it's very powerful.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:55 PM   #292
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post

I think it is easy to fall into the trap that you, most of your friends, and most of us here are not only technologically advanced to want a DVR, but also willing to spend the money on one.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:21 PM   #293
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think it is easy to fall into the trap that you, most of your friends, and most of us here are not only technologically advanced to want a DVR, but also willing to spend the money on one.

That's the thing, my parents and my mother in law (that is not technologically advanced have had DVRs for years.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:53 PM   #294
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

As of Q2 2013, time-shifted viewing accounted for less than 9% of all hours of TV watched. Online viewing (minus tablets) accounted for barely 2%, estimates are that tablet viewing -- due to relatively minimal penetration thus far -- would account for at most another 2%.

The even more notable fact perhaps is how extremely concentrated online viewing is "the 10% of the population which are the heaviest users of online video account for 84% of total online video viewing. Including the next 10% heaviest users, we can identify 20% of the population as accounting for 94% of online video consumption. "

In short, it's a niche.

Live TV Viewing Is Flat, DVR Viewing Is Up Slightly, And Online Viewing Is Still Tiny, Contrary To What You May Otherwise Have Heard - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com

And that's of the
Old 05-15-2014, 04:38 PM   #295
Izulde
Head Coach

Canceled And Renewed TV Shows For The 2014-'15 Season (UPDATE)

Probably posted elsewhere, but just a quickhit synopsis of the broadcast networks renewals and cancellations so far.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:43 PM   #296
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I am, of course, saddened by the cancellation of Community, but I am also very saddened by they cancellation of Suburgatory. Criminally underrated show. I also watched Trophy Wife, and it definitely was a show that I think could have really hit its stride in a 2nd season (kind of like how New Girl was funny, but uneven in Season 1 and then became amazing in Season 2).

I am very, very excited for Constantine. Sarcastic Britisher fighting demons - yeah, it didn't have to be attached to the Hellblazer comics for me to be on board (I like most things that involve angels or demons or Christian mythology - after all, I adored Sleepy Hollow). I am also cautiously optimistic for Gotham.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 05-15-2014 at 04:52 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:50 PM   #297
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Old 05-15-2014, 04:52 PM   #298
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I don't like moving Brooklyn 99 to Sunday night because its start will probably get screwed up by football and my DVR will miss it all the time. Need to add time to the DVR. Also hearing really good things about Mulaney.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:57 PM   #299
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

You know, I didn't think about that for B99... I was just thinking it may get a ratings bump from being between The Simpsons and Family Guy. Though since Fox seems to abandoning (mostly) the mid-week half hour comedy series (with just New Girl and Mindy Project on Tuesday nights - not sure how one would move it).
Old 05-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #300
chadritt
High School Varsity

Having just watched a bunch of the new shows reels from upfronts and I definitely will try Flash,Gotham, Mulaney, Utopia (this is mainly because i work in reality and it looks like an impossible feat), and Scorpion. The McCartheys looks like the worst thing Ive seen in years though.
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote