Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-27-2021, 10:30 AM   #3151
Kodos
Resident Alien

Our biggest threat is white supremacist terrorists in our own country.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-27-2021 at 10:32 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 10:33 AM   #3152
Kodos
Resident Alien

Nice job, Pilotman!
Old 08-27-2021, 11:01 AM   #3153
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
A bomb goes off halfway around the world killing a couple Americans and the democratic president should be impeached.

I think it's the "red meat" blowhard Republicans who are getting the headlines and generating the "click baits" right now. Little or no coverage is given to the others.

Quote:
"While it may be tempting to some to use this moment to score political points, now is not the time for that. My fellow Americans: let's gather together, mourn the fallen, comfort those hurting, and pray for peace, leadership, and safety." - Sen Kevin Kramer (R), North Dakota

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell didn't even mention Biden by name in his statement:

Quote:
"This murderous attack offers the clearest possible reminder that terrorists will not stop fighting the United States just because our politicians grow tired of fighting them. I remain concerned that terrorists worldwide will be emboldened by our retreat, by this attack, and by the establishment of a radical Islamic terror state in Afghanistan."
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 05:00 PM   #3154
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Don't think of it as dying, think of it as a fast track to eternal life!

Old 08-28-2021, 05:44 PM   #3155
bronconick
College Starter

Clearly Covid deaths are the Rapture.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 06:19 PM   #3156
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

The GOP can pass laws to effectively cull voters from registration rolls, but the Dems can just sit back and allow the GOP's supporters to cull themselves.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 06:36 PM   #3157
bhlloy
Coordinator

How soon until a state in the Deep South tries to make working from home for companies with in person facilities illegal? If we can’t avoid dying from Covid then nobody can.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 06:54 PM   #3158
molson
General Manager

"Fuck it, let's get this over with and get to heaven" would explain the Republican policy on COVID and several other issues.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 07:29 PM   #3159
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
How soon until a state in the Deep South tries to make working from home for companies with in person facilities illegal? If we can’t avoid dying from Covid then nobody can.

Actually, I expect something like this to be a thing at some point. I mean, there are a ton of rich people/companies with money tied up in commercial real estate. Something's got to give.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-28-2021, 07:36 PM   #3160
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Actually, I expect something like this to be a thing at some point. I mean, there are a ton of rich people/companies with money tied up in commercial real estate. Something's got to give.

You are 100% correct.

I own a building with a major retailer as a renter. Can't imagine being stuck with that building with no renter, and that is one building, not several.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 09:52 PM   #3161
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Good gosh. I just learned that the missiles used to take out those Isis-k guys where the Hellcat with the "flying ginsu" warhead. It doesn't explode, but instead shoots out 6 foot blades that shreds the target. Holy cow.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 10:05 PM   #3162
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
I think it's the "red meat" blowhard Republicans who are getting the headlines and generating the "click baits" right now. Little or no coverage is given to the others.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell didn't even mention Biden by name in his statement:

Maybe that's true

But I'm listening to local Ohio radio and they are filled with "experts" that suggest the Taliban could've been eliminated except that Biden is weak. They don't offer any suggestions except that the Taliban would've folded under American military power which it hasn't in 20 years.

Every candidate for the republican senate race is trying out trump one another by saying Biden is weak for following through with agreements made by Trump
Old 08-28-2021, 10:16 PM   #3163
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Maybe that's true

But I'm listening to local Ohio radio and they are filled with "experts" that suggest the Taliban could've been eliminated except that Biden is weak. They don't offer any suggestions except that the Taliban would've folded under American military power which it hasn't in 20 years.

Every candidate for the republican senate race is trying out trump one another by saying Biden is weak for following through with agreements made by Trump

I've seen/heard complaints on the right about negotiating with terrorists (the Taliban in this instance) while ignoring the fact that Trump invited them to Camp David and negotiated a treaty.

I seriously don't understand how you can be either that stupid or just not care how much of a hypocrite you are.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 06:01 AM   #3164
Edward64
Head Coach

Supposedly another "credible threat" against the airport. Don't think we can avoid civilian deaths since they are so exposed but hopefully reduce US.

I wonder if Taliban and AQ are somewhat complicit in this. I read somewhere that Taliban acknowledge many of theirs dying also in the blast so maybe they are PO'd. But is the Taliban letting AQ doing what they want as it serves same purpose without getting their hands dirty. There really is no fear of the US staying past the deadline so why not take kick us in the groin a couple more times.

I read about Biden wanting the troops to go out of the airport and round up a bunch of stray Americans (sometime early last week?). Haven't read anything about that so assume that hasn't happened.

I really hope the no news is because we are doing something behind the scenes and for operational security. Otherwise we are going to have a bunch of Americans held "hostage" for a while and others sneaking out over the next few months/years.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 09:25 AM   #3165
GrantDawg

US airstrike took out a sucide bomber in a vehicle heading toward the airport about an hour ago.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 08-29-2021 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-29-2021, 09:53 AM   #3166
GrantDawg

Correction: it was a car with several sucide bombers.

Old 08-29-2021, 10:05 AM   #3167
Edward64
Head Coach

Nice. They must be having a good time right now with all the virgins.
Old 08-29-2021, 10:11 AM   #3168
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post

Hey, those were covid deaths according to the fake news media.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 10:25 AM   #3169
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Nice. They must be having a good time right now with all the virgins.

About that reward...
Old 08-29-2021, 10:46 AM   #3170
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

They have to tread lightly, but I think that Afghanistan could be a pretty good issue for the anti-Trump GOPers.

It is an issue that lets them criticize Biden AND Trump. It is probably Biden's biggest weakness right now. And it isn't one that Trump can really jump on like some of the other ones because he is tied to it.

Indeed, you can start talking about it as the failed Trump/Biden surrender. I could see the media jumping on that framing pretty easily.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 10:47 AM   #3171
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola:

All assuming that this isn't forgotten in 3 months in the wake of COVID, the hurricane aftermath, the holidays, and whatever other 7 disasters seem destined to hit us between now and then.
Old 08-29-2021, 12:00 PM   #3172
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

Oh com'on. 5 min of video and you cant direct me to the right min:sec?

Last edited by Edward64 : 08-29-2021 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-29-2021, 01:14 PM   #3173
GrantDawg

It will not be forgotten, but the Trumpsters are never going to tie anything to Trump. It will always only be a complete failure of the Biden administration, and Trump could have left without any casualties. Their fiction is their only reality.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 08-29-2021 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-29-2021, 01:32 PM   #3174
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
It will not be forgotten, but the Trumpsters are never going to tie anything to Trump. It will always only be a complete failure of the Biden administration, and Trump could have left without any casualties. Their fiction is their only reality.

Doesn't matter. Not like the Trumpanzies were going to vote Biden anyway.

They need to be careful w/ independents and even some dems. This has been really bad for Biden, there was an afghani-American woan earlier on CNN, her husband is still there and she flat out said it is Bidens fault and he needs to fix it, but like Al said, it will be forgotten soon enough.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 01:57 PM   #3175
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
They have to tread lightly, but I think that Afghanistan could be a pretty good issue for the anti-Trump GOPers.

It is an issue that lets them criticize Biden AND Trump. It is probably Biden's biggest weakness right now. And it isn't one that Trump can really jump on like some of the other ones because he is tied to it.

Indeed, you can start talking about it as the failed Trump/Biden surrender. I could see the media jumping on that framing pretty easily.

There's like 30 anti-Trump GOPers in existence and most of them are just running a grift to get moderate Democrats to give them money.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 03:05 PM   #3176
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
There's like 30 anti-Trump GOPers in existence and most of them are just running a grift to get moderate Democrats to give them money.
The Lincoln Project
Old 08-30-2021, 04:36 PM   #3177
miami_fan
Coordinator

I don't think we as a nation are prepared to see the Americans who were not evacuated from Afghanistan on Taliban TV.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 04:50 PM   #3178
Ksyrup

FB gave me a good laugh today. I was scrolling through and since 1 of every 3 posts now are ads, I come upon one sponsored by the Republican National Committee - a poll about how I think the Biden/Harris presidency has gone. The two choices were Bad and Neutral. I lol'd!
Old 08-30-2021, 04:52 PM   #3179
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I don't think we as a nation are prepared to see the Americans who were not evacuated from Afghanistan on Taliban TV.

We shrugged our shoulders at 20+ elementary school kids getting slaughtered. Half the country cheered on as hundreds of thousands died from a virus. Not sure there is much you can do to make us care about human life at this point.
Old 08-30-2021, 05:28 PM   #3180
BYU 14
Coordinator

Rainmaker is correct, and the people that scream the loudest are going to be the same that screamed the loudest against any type of gun measure after that school shooting.

Politics as usual
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 06:46 PM   #3181
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

And were most in favor of pulling out a month ago, shockingly ignorant of what it would look like

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 07:06 PM   #3182
GrantDawg

It is very American that we want everything we want with no consequences.

Old 08-30-2021, 08:35 PM   #3183
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:

Maybe. Maybe not. Stay tuned.

A US drone strike killed 10 Afghan civilians in Kabul on Sunday
Old 08-30-2021, 08:57 PM   #3184
GrantDawg

The sucide bombs at the airport killed nearly 200. Destroying this one on the way to the airport killed 10. Loss of life is always sad, but I think you have to take out the car before it gets to its target. You disagree?

Old 08-30-2021, 09:03 PM   #3185
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

No, I don't disagree. I'm just waiting for confirmation that a suicide bomber was actually taken out and that the ten civilian deaths were collateral damage, instead of, God forbid, ten innocent people being wasted in some kind of miscommunication or faulty information.
Old 08-31-2021, 05:21 AM   #3186
Flasch186
Coordinator

The Biden Presidency - 2020

I read this article and it’s just so so hard to know what he means at each time the words come out of his mouth. Its just whiplash but I’m sure he means every word he says as he says it:

Cawthorn talks of 'bloodshed' over future elections as he pushes voting lies https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/30/polit...ons/index.html

What a shame that we’re still going to have to pursue this crap until maybe even the next presidential election. Such a stain on the country. Putin wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 08-31-2021 at 05:22 AM.
Flasch186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:25 AM   #3187
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:

Maybe my local pub will set up a long table with 10 beers with no drinkers in honor of the Afghan civilians that were falsely killed in a horrendous Biden drone strike. I'm sure there is such sadness in the patriot community over it
Old 08-31-2021, 11:32 AM   #3188
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

Can't figure out why they don't fight for us over there.

Also never trust the military's reports. Wait for real verification. That "car bomber" story felt like straight propaganda after a few bad news cycles.
Old 08-31-2021, 01:28 PM   #3189
PilotMan
Head Coach

There's got to me more there than just "US bombed car with suspected suicide bombers in it, and oops, it's a car full of civilians"

Like Steam?

Old 08-31-2021, 01:43 PM   #3190
RainMaker
General Manager

Our military incessantly lies. The intentions may have been good and it just ended up being bad intelligence. But no matter who they kill, they will always lie about it.
Old 08-31-2021, 03:26 PM   #3191
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 08-31-2021, 10:15 PM   #3192
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Crazy how the federal courts look like they are just going to ignore challenges to Texas' 6-week abortion ban and let it take effect tomorrow.
Old 09-01-2021, 06:36 AM   #3193
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Crazy how the federal courts look like they are just going to ignore challenges to Texas' 6-week abortion ban and let it take effect tomorrow.
And they did. This effectively ends Rowe, and bans abortions in almost every red state.
Old 09-01-2021, 06:38 AM   #3194
Flasch186
Coordinator

fairly unique angle they took in putting it on the citizens to sue with civil penalties.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 06:53 AM   #3195
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

I don't know if you call it game theory or what, but it is a rational response by the Court.

The Court is very conservative. But it is susceptible to pressure. Once Congressional Dems indicated that they were not going to break the filibuster for Court reform, they signaled to the Court that it could pretty much do what it wanted without fear of Congress stepping in.

So, they have this window of time where they have a 6-3 majority and nothing to stop them from maximizing conservative activism while they have it.

So, yeah. This is the obvious result. Not sure what else the Dems expected.
Old 09-01-2021, 07:34 AM   #3196
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

It's devious AF to leave Roe on the books, but just refuse to enforce it. I think politically it's the best outcome for the GOP. There's never a moment when abortion was effectively outlawed, so there's less risk of a major backlash.

The damage to the legitimacy of the courts is great, but I doubt anyone in the GOP cares if they are winning.
Old 09-01-2021, 07:36 AM   #3197
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

dola

Old 09-01-2021, 07:56 AM   #3198
GrantDawg

Quote:
dola

I see their true colors shining through.
Old 09-01-2021, 08:39 AM   #3199
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

My wife and I used to argue about hypocrisy. I'd say that if someone believed something horrible, I'd just want them to own it and say it. I didn't want them hiding behind the veneer of respectability. She would counter that the "veneer of respectability" served an important purpose because it still acknowledged that certain ideas were outside of the mainstream.

Turns out, I 100% agree with her now. Because she was right.

We live in a worse world now that people who are opposed to inter-racial marriage are just shouting it from the rooftops.

It is worse. It was a better world when they were too ashamed of their ignorance and hate to speak it aloud.
Old 09-01-2021, 08:40 AM   #3200
PilotMan
Head Coach

I had to go and read the entire story and it basically comes down to something that started the end of July with one parent directly attacking and running this guy down, and through a ratcheting up of anger and emotion by racist (?) "karens" the guy finally defends himself publicly, then the whole wedding anniversary photo where without accusing him of of miscegenation, they basically do that very thing, and he's suspended. Maybe there's more here, but this is either textbook slander and defamation, mixed in with full on 'cancel culture' or it's just blatant racism. Not sure where else you can go with it since there's been zero proof of anything else. This was the part that stuck out to me.

A quote from him in his own defense:

Quote:
I am the first African American to assume the role of Principal at my current school in its 25-year history, and I am keenly aware of how much fear this strikes in the hearts of a small minority who would much rather things go back to the way they used to be.

Like Steam?