Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-22-2008, 10:14 AM   #301
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Cu Tiger your black brother. Your just a light skin dude that's all. And there is nothing good about Jesse Helms, the world is a little now that he is gone.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:15 AM   #302
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post

hxxp://www.subbys.com/
Old 07-22-2008, 10:22 AM   #303
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
No need to xx anymore. The link still works in FF.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #304
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
No need to xx anymore. The link still works in FF.

Good. Now go make me a sandwich.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:37 AM   #305
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Good. Now go make me a sandwich.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:33 PM   #306
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
What happened to your father? I don't mean to pry; I'm just curious about it.

long story..
.10 verson.
My father was married to my mom, he left her when found out she was preg (with me)
mom remarried. that husband adopted me (his last name to this day) and raised me most of my life as my Dad, we have a great relationship and I call him Dad to this day and we hang out often, btw he is white FWIW
Then mom and my "dad" divorced and she went back to my father....this is where this incident came from. When they split up the final time. He left that night, was picked up later in the evening for DUI and had outstanding warrants. he served some time in prison and I know was released, as I kept in close contact with his mom (my grandmother) until her recent death. he had never contacted her again after his release and didnt attend her services. I have no clue if he is alive today or not.

the night he left, I remember feeling confused, angry, and every other emotion. But the quote above rang in my head. I woke up in the middle of the night and wrote 10 pages or so of my thoughts. Later I was embarrassed by my emotional spewing, so I ripped tore and burned those writings, except for a small piece of paper I saved, the one with those words. I carried it in my wallet for a long time, and when we opened our shop, I finally felt like I had proved him right. When I hung up my business license I tucked that piece of paper behind it in the frame where it remains and is refreshed in my mind 1x/year when I change the license out....

There now everyone got a quick glimpse into my sick twisted mind....

Quote:
Cu Tiger your black brother. Your just a light skin dude that's all. And there is nothing good about Jesse Helms, the world is a little now that he is gone.

See, while he was a racist Im not ready to write off his life as a universal negative in the grand scheme of good and evil. I spent an entire night reading up on him afteer this boxing ordeal, and found many stories of good things he did for the community. he did good for many, its a shame that he was never ablee to see past his racist ways, but I can see past that and say hee DID do good FOR SOME.

Last edited by CU Tiger : 07-22-2008 at 10:38 PM.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:39 PM   #307
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post

See, while he was a racist Im not ready to write off his life as a universal negative in the grand scheme of good and evil. I spent an entire night reading up on him afteer this boxing ordeal, and found many stories of good things he did for the community. he did good for many, its a shame that he was never ablee to see past his racist ways, but I can see past that and say hee DID do good FOR SOME.

"If , as many people believe today, Ted Bundy took lives, he also saved lives. I know he did, because I was there and I watched him do it."---Ann Rule

I'm just sayin.

Last edited by Axxon : 07-22-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Axxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:41 PM   #308
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post

Wrong. Either a person is all good or all bad. Haven't you learned that on teh internets?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:42 PM   #309
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Wrong. Either a person is all good or all bad. Haven't you learned that on teh internets?

Sure, it's gotta be all or nothing. It's not like reasonable people can conclude that his bad outweighed his good or anything.

Last edited by Axxon : 07-22-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Axxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:45 PM   #310
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I'll give you some examples:

Columbus: All bad
Lincoln (to Yanks): All good
Lincoln (to Rebs): All bad
Ty Cobb: All bad (that's easy)
Al Gore: All good
Barry Bonds: All bad
Old 07-22-2008, 10:47 PM   #311
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
Sure, it's gotta be all or nothing. It's not like reasonable people can conclude that his bad outweighed his good or anything.

Are you implying that he has some good or as someone stated earlier, there is nothing good?
Old 07-22-2008, 10:51 PM   #312
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Are you implying that he has some good or as someone stated earlier, there is nothing good?

He and Bundy both obviously did good so where's the love for Ted?

Personally, where do you draw the line Bucc, Bundy killed between 30 and 40 women. If he saved at least 40 lives should we be talking about how misunderstood he was and how he wasn't really a bad guy?

Once you start on the slippery slope of praising someone who doesn't deserve it you have to consider it. For me, it doesn't matter, they were both republican politicians. Maybe it's a party thing.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:02 PM   #313
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
He and Bundy both obviously did good so where's the love for Ted?

Personally, where do you draw the line Bucc, Bundy killed between 30 and 40 women. If he saved at least 40 lives should we be talking about how misunderstood he was and how he wasn't really a bad guy?

Once you start on the slippery slope of praising someone who doesn't deserve it you have to consider it. For me, it doesn't matter, they were both republican politicians. Maybe it's a party thing.

So let me get this straight. Once someone draws a line, then a person becomes all good or all bad? In other words, we have to play absolutes in judging people, lest we send the wrong message?

(Snarkism aside, I didn't like Helms, what little I knew about him. Probably better off without his kind around.)
Old 07-22-2008, 11:09 PM   #314
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
So let me get this straight. Once someone draws a line, then a person becomes all good or all bad? In other words, we have to play absolutes in judging people, lest we send the wrong message?

(Snarkism aside, I didn't like Helms, what little I knew about him. Probably better off without his kind around.)

No, I'm saying that good and bad are not equivalent and it takes quite a lot of good to erase a smaller amount of bad and some bad can't ever be erased.

Again, look at your question and apply it to Ted Bundy as I asked. Are you willing to defend him since clearly he did a fair bit of good? You know, all lives are equal and he saved some, took others. You know how it is.

Helms made life miserable for countless numbers of minorities among others in his life but he made it better for some others more like him. Personally, I don't think the two equal out and I think that when it's time to discuss the matter it's unfair to try and gray area the guy because yeah, he hurt folks but he helped some too. Just like Bundy.

I'm not saying his crimes are equal to Bundy's but ole Jessie never saved any lives either as far as I know so I'd say that the equivalency between his good/evil deed and Ted's good/evil deeds ( as judged vs themselves ) are fair.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:16 PM   #315
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Lincoln (to Rebs): All bad

Oh, and I grew up in the south and can say this isn't really true. Many southerners praise his work in the field of miniature logs.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:17 PM   #316
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
No, I'm saying that good and bad are not equivalent and it takes quite a lot of good to erase a smaller amount of bad and some bad can't ever be erased.

Again, look at your question and apply it to Ted Bundy as I asked. Are you willing to defend him since clearly he did a fair bit of good? You know, all lives are equal and he saved some, took others. You know how it is.

Helms made life miserable for countless numbers of minorities among others in his life but he made it better for some others more like him. Personally, I don't think the two equal out and I think that when it's time to discuss the matter it's unfair to try and gray area the guy because yeah, he hurt folks but he helped some too. Just like Bundy.

I'm not saying his crimes are equal to Bundy's but ole Jessie never saved any lives either as far as I know so I'd say that the equivalency between his good/evil deed and Ted's good/evil deeds ( as judged vs themselves ) are fair.

Aww come on, you're not playing along. We were talking in absolutes, as in "there is nothing good", and you're turning this into a morality play.

(For the record, yes, I agree with everything you say but that wasn't the point. Too much judging of persons in absolutes, not enough praising/criticisms of actions.)
Old 07-22-2008, 11:20 PM   #317
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Aww come on, you're not playing along. We were talking in absolutes, as in "there is nothing good", and you're turning this into a morality play.

(For the record, yes, I agree with everything you say but that wasn't the point. Too much judging of persons in absolutes, not enough praising/criticisms of actions.)

Hey, I started the Bundy thing before you jumped in, you just became a handy target.

For the record, I know what you're saying too and I tend to agree with it a lot more strongly with the examples you used.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:24 PM   #318
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
Hitler helped a good number of people.

/threadkill

Mussolini made the trains run on time too. Gotta say that for the Italians; they love prompt public transport.

Of course, every time I wait an hour and see two Valley Metro busses come back to back ( several times a week ) I must admit I'd consider voting for Benito too but only for mayor or maybe city council.