Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-29-2024, 07:01 PM   #3651
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
NC is fine with ticket splitting. I think that Cooper outran Biden by, like, 5 points in 2020.

My brother and wife live in NC and I'm guessing she will vote Trump and he will either not vote or vote for some 3rd party (he was going to vote for RFK and may still if he's on the ballot solely because he wants GRIDLOCK!). But both of them are appalled by Robinson. Curiously, she's not as appalled by Trump, but...you know... tax cuts, capital gains, etc.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 08-29-2024 at 07:01 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 07:03 PM   #3652
Ksyrup

On another subject, starting about 4 days ago, my email has been blown up by Harris/Walz fundraising requests. My first thought is they culled the registration data for independents and/or former GOPers, but I've now come to think that maybe the most straight-forward answer is that Kinzinger gave up his America First mailing list to them. Not sure. But I get 5-6 emails a day and it's quickly getting annoying.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-29-2024, 07:16 PM   #3653
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 07:17 PM   #3654
Danny
Head Coach

I think you can unsubscribe. I donated some money and started getting lots of emails and just unsubscribed
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 07:23 PM   #3655
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post

My first thought looking at this was it was a horrible viz but after looking at it for like 10 seconds I think I'm going to steal that format for work.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 08:03 PM   #3656
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It sounds like the Trump campaign strategy is to win Georgia, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina. With such disastrous candidates in Arizona and Nevada, they may be writing them off. And I just don't see how he gets Wisconsin or Minnesota barring some huge fuckup by Harris. Michigan is tricky for Harris but might not matter.

Georgia is such a clusterfuck with the new rules that I don't see them certifying a Harris win. Trump still has to be the favorite in North Carolina despite some good polls for Harris.

I think it'll all come down to Pennsylvania. Harris has to be the favorite considering how poorly Trump candidates have done at the state level.

They probably don't have the money to blitz all 7 swing states
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 08:23 PM   #3657
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Raffensberger is still SOS, so I don't think GA funny business will be an issue. It will be attempted, but won't work. Also, Kemp very clearly hates Trump's guts and would love to help certify his election loss.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 09:21 PM   #3658
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I think you can unsubscribe. I donated some money and started getting lots of emails and just unsubscribed

That’s what I did as well.
Old 08-29-2024, 09:41 PM   #3659
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Watching the interview. Really smart to hammer home the child tax credit early on
Old 08-29-2024, 10:18 PM   #3660
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Raffensberger is still SOS, so I don't think GA funny business will be an issue. It will be attempted, but won't work. Also, Kemp very clearly hates Trump's guts and would love to help certify his election loss.

It might not be in their hands.

Is Georgia’s MAGA elections board going to rig the election for Donald Trump? | Vox
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2024, 04:50 AM   #3661
Edward64
Head Coach

It's been settled, muting is on.

Looking forward to Sep 10 debates. I'm pretty sure Kamala will do better than Joe but want to see her under pressure. Hope she has some good zingers including the word "weird"

Harris-Trump debate rules include muted mics and no audience | PBS News
Quote:
Next month’s debate between Vice President Kamala Harris and former President Donald Trump won’t have an audience, live microphones when candidates aren’t speaking, or written notes, according to rules that ABC News, the host network, shared this week with both campaigns.

Last edited by Edward64 : 08-30-2024 at 04:51 AM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2024, 07:24 AM   #3662
Ksyrup

Fun fact, according to Trump: of the very few jobs created by the current administration, 107% of them were taken by illegal immigrants. Stunning!

Last edited by Ksyrup : 08-30-2024 at 07:24 AM.
Old 08-30-2024, 08:34 AM   #3663
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Of the stats that are made up, 150% of them are made up by Trump.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2024, 08:36 AM   #3664
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:

Kemp has already started the process to remove them and reverse that decision.

Georgia governor seeks legal advice on removing Trump-backed Board of Election members - Raw Story
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2024, 08:40 AM   #3665
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
It's been settled, muting is on.

Looking forward to Sep 10 debates. I'm pretty sure Kamala will do better than Joe but want to see her under pressure. Hope she has some good zingers including the word "weird"

Harris-Trump debate rules include muted mics and no audience | PBS News

I hope she says "peaceful transition of power" several times.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2024, 09:23 AM   #3666
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

More ticket splitting states.

Old 08-30-2024, 11:23 AM   #3667
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Fun fact, according to Trump: of the very few jobs created by the current administration, 107% of them were taken by illegal immigrants. Stunning!

We need a separate thread of asinine Trump quotes that people believe despite no basis in reality.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2024, 11:25 AM   #3668
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
We need a separate thread of asinine Trump quotes that people believe despite no basis in reality.

It would pass maximum football in a few days
Old 08-30-2024, 11:26 AM   #3669
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- It is actually amusing to watch the GOP twist themselves into pretzels to claim how terrible she was last night. They just can't handle an articulate, black woman who actually can have a conversation while they support a guy who rambles on for hours about what a victim he is. You can see their heads exploding
Old 08-30-2024, 12:39 PM   #3670
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Trump is now saying he might have been set up at the cemetery by the parents of the fallen service members.

Quote:
When asked by Burns if his campaign should have released the photos and videos taken at Section 60 of the cemetery, Trump responded, “Well, we have a lot of people, you know, we have people, TikTok people, you know, we’re leading the internet. That was the other thing. We’re so far above her on the internet.”

When pressed on whether it was appropriate to share such images from a solemn location, Trump deflected, suggesting that the responsibility might lie with the Gold Star parents who had invited him, rather than his campaign.

“I don’t know what the rules and regulations are. I don’t know who did it. And it could have been them. It could have been the parents,” Trump said.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 08-30-2024 at 12:41 PM.
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2024, 12:42 PM   #3671
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
dola- It is actually amusing to watch the GOP twist themselves into pretzels to claim how terrible she was last night. They just can't handle an articulate, black woman who actually can have a conversation while they support a guy who rambles on for hours about what a victim he is. You can see their heads exploding

This is hilarious:

CNN's Harris interview chance to draw new false equivalence with Trump
Old 08-30-2024, 12:43 PM   #3672
Thomkal
Head Coach

I thought the smartest man/general in the room would have seen right through that trap.
Old 08-30-2024, 12:53 PM   #3673
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

The journey of VP candidate Tim Walz's video game system
Old 08-30-2024, 01:24 PM   #3674
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

This is amazing. I really want to share on facebook but don't want the backlash that will come with it
Old 08-30-2024, 02:34 PM   #3675
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
More ticket splitting states.

When it was still Biden running and way behind in the polls I often said that I thought the pollsters had overadjusted for Trump voters, based on the discrepancies with several down-ballot races...and I still believe that, even though the polls have started to even. IF the polls that already show her ahead are still underestimating her prospective votes then Harris would be headed towards a landslide. It's absolutely wishful thinking, but I'll stick with it until proven wrong.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2024, 02:48 PM   #3676
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Does maga not realize how weird and stupid this McDonald’s thing makes them look?
Old 08-30-2024, 02:55 PM   #3677
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

What McDonald's thing?
Old 08-30-2024, 03:35 PM   #3678
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
When it was still Biden running and way behind in the polls I often said that I thought the pollsters had overadjusted for Trump voters, based on the discrepancies with several down-ballot races...and I still believe that, even though the polls have started to even. IF the polls that already show her ahead are still underestimating her prospective votes then Harris would be headed towards a landslide. It's absolutely wishful thinking, but I'll stick with it until proven wrong.

I think she will probably inch up a bit. Those Dem Senate candidates are relatively popular and some are running against some horrendous candidates like Kari Lake.

The difference in a lot of polling seems to be youth voters. They are overwhelmingly for the Senate candidates but not as in on Harris (still support her, just not by huge numbers). I think that might change a little but she's not going to be at the Senate level since she's largely still running on Biden's policies which are unpopular with young voters.
Old 08-30-2024, 03:38 PM   #3679
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
What McDonald's thing?

She worked at McDonalds when she was in college for a Summer. Republicans are claiming stolen valor or some shit because she didn't list it on her resume when applying for a job as a law clerk so they think it never happened.

At least that's what I gathered but it seems so stupid I couldn't bother to look into it more.
Old 08-30-2024, 03:38 PM   #3680
Atocep
Coordinator

Trump supporters are such a strange wildcard. I was reading someone was polling people at a Trump rally recently (Michigan, I think) and the level of overconfidence among his supporters is crazy. They think Trump wins in a landslide and takes as much as 80% of the vote and don't trust any polls. You have to wonder if that overconfidence has an impact on turnout.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2024, 04:01 PM   #3681
miked
College Starter

Somebody I know just posted a poll from Elon Musk on Twitter that showed 70% support fro Trump. It was mental gymnastics math. Was like, just has 200M followers and Trump was at 75%, so should be a landslide. Did not even see that only 4M had voted, somebody had tried to point out that likely 50% or more were not even US citizens or voters, and that Musk followers skew right. He basically threw on earmuffs and was like, if he doesn't take 70% of the vote this fall, it is rigged (needless to say nobody pointed out that few presidents take even 54%).
Old 08-30-2024, 05:14 PM   #3682
PilotMan
Head Coach

One step further along the pathway to the Putinification of the country. If you don't win 70-80% of the vote then why are you even winning?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2024, 05:37 PM   #3683
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Trump supporters are such a strange wildcard. I was reading someone was polling people at a Trump rally recently (Michigan, I think) and the level of overconfidence among his supporters is crazy. They think Trump wins in a landslide and takes as much as 80% of the vote and don't trust any polls. You have to wonder if that overconfidence has an impact on turnout.

It’s because they solely exist in their echo chamber and any source that refutes the narrative or comes from outside the echo chamber is fake news. My mother in law is one of these people. Newsmax 12 hours a day. You can’t refute anything she says no matter how much overwhelming evidence you have.
Old 08-30-2024, 05:37 PM   #3684
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
She worked at McDonalds when she was in college for a Summer. Republicans are claiming stolen valor or some shit because she didn't list it on her resume when applying for a job as a law clerk so they think it never happened.

At least that's what I gathered but it seems so stupid I couldn't bother to look into it more.

Oh, I didn't put the fact that I worked at McDonalds on my resume for my current job so I guess I'm guilty too.
Old 08-30-2024, 05:41 PM   #3685
Ksyrup

I worked at a grocery store for a summer during law school and didn't list it on my resume for a law firm job because... DUH.
Old 08-30-2024, 06:01 PM   #3686
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Oh, I didn't put the fact that I worked at McDonalds on my resume for my current job so I guess I'm guilty too.

They are also claiming the called McDonald’s and were told McDonald’s had no record of her ever working there, 45 years ago. The whole thing is so pathetic.
Old 08-30-2024, 06:05 PM   #3687
Danny
Head Coach

So freaking stupid. Im a mostly SAHD until my kids are both in school but when i apply for a school psychologist job again Im not listing any of my jobs prior to my school psychologist and special education experience.
Old 08-30-2024, 06:26 PM   #3688
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
So freaking stupid. Im a mostly SAHD until my kids are both in school but when i apply for a school psychologist job again Im not listing any of my jobs prior to my school psychologist and special education experience.

Been a SAHD going on 8 years. Lemme know if you want advice. I also belong to a really good stay at home dad’s Facebook group. Super supportive. DM me here if you want an invite.
Old 08-30-2024, 09:33 PM   #3689
Drake
assmaster

I work in IT and hire programmers. If a resume crosses my desk with food service experience listed on it, I put it straight in the trash because I assume you don't know how to function as a professional. You just wasted my time making me read about something that isn't relevant to the position I'm hiring for.

(Unless you're straight out of college with your bachelor's degree in CS, then I'm more lenient. If you were a manager at McDonald's, put that on there, by all means. I worked at McDonald's while in high school, so I have some respect for the level of shit those folks can put up with while working their asses off for much less compensation than they deserve...which is relevant when you're hiring IT people in higher ed.)
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2024, 01:43 AM   #3690
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Been a SAHD going on 8 years. Lemme know if you want advice. I also belong to a really good stay at home dad’s Facebook group. Super supportive. DM me here if you want an invite.

Nice! Do people still ask you when youre going back to work whenever they see you?

Ill send you a DM for the fb group, thanks!
Old 08-31-2024, 01:49 AM   #3691
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
STAY AT HOME DAD! THAT'S what it means.

I thought it was some secret cult group or programming language.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2024, 07:12 AM   #3692
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Nice! Do people still ask you when youre going back to work whenever they see you?

Ill send you a DM for the fb group, thanks!

Not to get too sidetracked but one thing this group has taught me is my experience has been very different than a lot of others. Many people in the group stay home by need and not choice because of disability, spouse in military, etc...A lot of people have families, and even spouses, that are terrible about it. I honestly can't recall the last time anyone asked me about going back to work. My family and friends have never been anything but supportive and embracing of our decision, at least to us. I am not so naive as to think there aren't some people who judge, especially because my kids are in middle and high school now. The reality is I don't need to go back to work, our life runs very smoothly, and my wife doesn't want me to go back to work, nor do I. We've discussed maybe substitute teaching, but my wife is fortunate to make a ridiculous living, so it isn't needed.
Old 08-31-2024, 07:29 AM   #3693
Ksyrup

I have the more typical set-up, but my wife was a teacher until we got married and then had kids. Stayed at home until both were out of elementary school and has been subbing since. I told her she can retire once Mack is done with college. She makes a pittance compared to me but even a few extra thousand dollars a year is nice. And yes, we're fortunate to be able to be a one-income home.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 08-31-2024 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-31-2024, 11:07 AM   #3694
GrantDawg

The MAGA commercials on this football game is going to drive me insane.
Old 08-31-2024, 12:06 PM   #3695
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I’m in Jersey. I’ve yet to see one political ad.
Old 08-31-2024, 12:11 PM   #3696
GrantDawg

Quote:
I’m in Jersey. I’ve yet to see one political ad.

Every break, more than one. They seem to be suggesting that Kamala Harris might be a little less than truthful with her words. They are so subtle it might be unclear./s
Old 08-31-2024, 12:15 PM   #3697
Ksyrup

I have yet to see one either in KY.

However, this is actually a thing. If it's just on Newsmax I'll never see it live, but the fact that it exists... and it's not one of those live-action South Park commercials...

Old 08-31-2024, 12:23 PM   #3698
Edward64
Head Coach

I want to buy one of those for my Trump supporter friend
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2024, 01:40 PM   #3699
GrantDawg

Old 08-31-2024, 03:56 PM   #3700
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Not to get too sidetracked but one thing this group has taught me is my experience has been very different than a lot of others. Many people in the group stay home by need and not choice because of disability, spouse in military, etc...A lot of people have families, and even spouses, that are terrible about it. I honestly can't recall the last time anyone asked me about going back to work. My family and friends have never been anything but supportive and embracing of our decision, at least to us. I am not so naive as to think there aren't some people who judge, especially because my kids are in middle and high school now. The reality is I don't need to go back to work, our life runs very smoothly, and my wife doesn't want me to go back to work, nor do I. We've discussed maybe substitute teaching, but my wife is fortunate to make a ridiculous living, so it isn't needed.

Yeah, what I said does happen but my wife and our families are all supportive about it. Im not someone who cares to please others and dont care what others ultimately think. I do hope society moves forward though as the way of thinking is equally harmful to moms who want to work and to parenting in the modern world where families all sorts of different dynamics. Also, i was in the school psychologist field for 15 years and worked hard and was very good at my job but ive never worked harder factoring mental, emotional and physical than taking care of two young kiddos both of whom are the opposite of easy going (though in completely different ways) and the home etc... it was the easy decision to do it this way for us. We both have good careers but she makes a bit more money and has way better benefits at a union protected job. Shes a great mom, but she also had really bad post partum depression with both kids and gets very overwhelmed being home alone with the kids without me so it works well for us. I have tons of years left to work if I want but only one chance to experience my young kids day and day out. Im grateful for the experience.