Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #351
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Looks like A&M is also seeing increases in donations/ticket sales related to the SEC move. They're considering a major renovation of their football stadium or building a new one.

Aggies’ plans for Kyle Field might include new stadium | Aggies | a mySA.com blog
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:37 PM   #352
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Uh oh. Looks like this may be a Tiger Woods-esque situation. Confirmation of a second mistress.

Ozark chappaquiddick News, Video and Gossip - Deadspin
Old 04-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #353
BillJasper
Pro Starter

My question up is this: you make millions of dollars, why would you use the phone the university gave you to talk, text and exchange photos with your mistress?

I guess Petrino is really cheap...
Old 04-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #354
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
My question up is this: you make millions of dollars, why would you use the phone the university gave you to talk, text and exchange photos with your mistress?

I think arrogance leads to complacency.

The guy's got four adult kids...I wonder what it's like to have a famous asshole father, especially when you're a college kid.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #355
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I think arrogance leads to complacency.

The guy's got four adult kids...I wonder what it's like to have a famous asshole father, especially when you're a college kid.

My thoughts exactly.

As for his kids, if you have an asshole father with a sense of entitlement the kids will likely be the same way.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #356
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

I think older people also don't realize the consequences of today's technology. What can and can't be tracked, what is available to the public and so on.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #357
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Sometimes having a dick is the worst drug for your common sense.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #358
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Uh oh. Looks like this may be a Tiger Woods-esque situation. Confirmation of a second mistress.

Ozark chappaquiddick News, Video and Gossip - Deadspin

Props to him. She's quite hot.

Reminds me of this. Pitino ran into the biggest dynasty in sports - College Basketball News | FOX Sports on MSN

Last edited by RainMaker : 04-12-2012 at 06:00 PM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #359
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Who wants to keep track of an extra cell phone? Do you only have mistress info on it? What happens if someone else finds it? What if it rings when your wife is around?

He's already committed to living a life of lies that could destroy him, the cellphone is just a tiny strand of that web.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #360
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
In Italy, there was a commercial for a cell phone company that said to use two SIM cards. One for your wife, one for your girlfriend.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #361
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Who wants to keep track of an extra cell phone? Do you only have mistress info on it? What happens if someone else finds it? What if it rings when your wife is around?

He's already committed to living a life of lies that could destroy him, the cellphone is just a tiny strand of that web.

That's what I was thinking. They were texting dozens of times a day - how do you answer a separate phone around friends and family without arousing suspicion. With his personal cell, the easy answer is "it's business."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #362
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Apparently the Aaron Lynch saga at Notre Dame isn't over. He no showed practice again today and now a 10 AM presser has been called to update his status on the team.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #363
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Brian Hardin ‏ @NDHardin

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

#NotreDame DE Aaron Lynch has left the football team and will transfer to another school following the spring semester.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #364
bronconick
College Starter

And that's why mommy picking your team isn't always the best.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #365
DeToxRox
Head Coach

USF's 247 site thinks that Lynch will be headed there to play.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #366
Ksyrup

Wow. ND is officially toast.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #367
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Wow. ND is officially toast.

At least they have Gunner! For now...
Old 04-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #368
Swaggs
Coordinator

No major surprise, but UCF will hear how much trouble they are in soon:UCF heading to Indianapolis for hearing in front of NCAA Committee on Infractions - The Washington Post

Should be interesting to see if they will pay for the sins of UNC, Ohio State, Miami, et al.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #369
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm guessing they get 1/3rd of Miami's death penalty, allowing Miami to avoid it with only 2/3rds

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #370
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Based on SI's story about the other candidates, it sounds like at least one lawsuit from a scorned candidate is virtually inevitable.

How Arkansas' Bobby Petrino gamed system by hiring Jessica Dorrell - NCAA Football - SI.com

I think my favorite part of the story is where Petrino was asking for special permission to begin the interview process early for the job. Permission was granted at 10:44am on March 12th. Dorrell's interview began at 9:30 on....March 12th. So...awesome.

Working the system and getting special permission to speed along the interview process to hire your mistress over other clearly more qualified candidates? Is this dude a football coach, or J.R. Ewing???

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 04-13-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #371
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

This is hilarious - though I do feel a little bad for someone like MJH, for whom Arkansas sports is probably closer to religion (I feel the same away about the Giants).
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #372
Butter
Coordinator

I don't really feel bad. If your program takes a chance on a known douche like Bobby Petrino, this can't be an unexpected outcome. You just hope you have some success you can enjoy before the implosion. And I guess they did have that.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #373
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
. Permission was granted at 10:44am on March 12th. Dorrell's interview began at 9:30 on....March 12th. So...awesome.

That's just the thread timestamp error that we had issues with on this board a few years ago.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #374
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Based on SI's story about the other candidates, it sounds like at least one lawsuit from a scorned candidate is virtually inevitable.

How Arkansas' Bobby Petrino gamed system by hiring Jessica Dorrell - NCAA Football - SI.com

I think my favorite part of the story is where Petrino was asking for special permission to begin the interview process early for the job. Permission was granted at 10:44am on March 12th. Dorrell's interview began at 9:30 on....March 12th. So...awesome.

Working the system and getting special permission to speed along the interview process to hire your mistress over other clearly more qualified candidates? Is this dude a football coach, or J.R. Ewing???

Lawsuit? Under what cause of action?
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #375
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
I don't really feel bad. If your program takes a chance on a known douche like Bobby Petrino, this can't be an unexpected outcome. You just hope you have some success you can enjoy before the implosion. And I guess they did have that.

I don't either. Those kind of fans (Kentucky hoops was/is like that too, when I lived there) are pathetic and ignorant - defending every single move the program makes and can do no wrong. It's almost like they turn off their brains and any kind of reasonable thinking. There are fans of a lot of teams here (and around other general forums) and most of them/us can be fairly objective and be critical. They make the ones that can't be objective really stand out.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #376
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

As someone said up the thread, I've got no particular gripe with the Arkansas football team/players & harbor no ill will toward them. I think you have to like the way Tyler Wilson & Knile Davis are talking about things here, sounds like leadership to me.

Hogs' players vow to stick to the plan - SEC Blog - ESPN
Old 04-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #377
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Great day at the Spring game for Mizzou recruiting. Got commits from Nick Ramirez (#11 ILB, 4 star) and Trent Hosick (#15 QB, 3 star). Great to nail down the quality local kids early on.

Pic of the long-awaited new uniforms as well.....

Old 04-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #378
Izulde
Head Coach

Hate the helmet on the left. Looks like something you'd see in a cheap spray paint job shop.

Otherwise I think the uniforms are pretty cool looking. Love the helmets on the right.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #379
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Nike ruining yet another team's look.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #380
tarcone
Coordinator

Got some insights on Iowa.
TEs are going to be outstanding. RBs lacked ball security, but we are missing 2 frosh that will get extensive playing time. WRs are not very good. QBs look good. D line is young, 3 red shirt frosh listed as 1st teamers. Will struggle. DBs are very good.
Media around the game suggest Iowa will finish 6-6 or 7-5.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #381
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Hate the helmet on the left. Looks like something you'd see in a cheap spray paint job shop.

+1 that is terrible. The rest of the unis/helmets in that picture seem fine to me.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #382
Butter
Coordinator

Not sure why they are trying to get the "flat" paint style to catch on. It looks awful.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #383
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post

I'm no labor lawyer but the outrage over that has surprised me. I get the scandalous context of it, but how many jobs in athletic departments are being awarded strictly by merit? I'd think who you know is everything. Screwing is just a special kind of knowing. But most of the time, you're hiring the relative of the big donor, the friend of the friend of the guy you want to get a job with someday....or maybe I'm just cynical.

This is an issue with every state job, it just feels a lot different when it's not a civil service kind of job, and when it's not political favors in favor of legislative funding considerations (like the MA probation officer scandal). But maybe, the law's the law and even if it's broken with every hire, it's a big a deal when it's broken in a particularly sexy way. But ya, how does someone prove that he wouldn't have hired his girlfriend and he would have hired you instead (and not one of 160 other people) if not for the hot old-man/young-volleyball player action?

Last edited by molson : 04-14-2012 at 10:26 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #384
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not sure why they are trying to get the "flat" paint style to catch on. It looks awful.

I wonder if the paint is either more durable or less expensive?
Old 04-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #385
Ksyrup

Quote:

Trying? I'm not sure about football but in baseball/softball that look has been all the rage for a couple years. I think it's finally spreading and catching up to football.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-14-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #386
kcchief19
Pro Starter

The picture with Chase Daniel is probably a bad pic of the unis -- all the colors look a bit flat. Here's the alternate helmet with the "matte" finish. It still hasn't grown on me yet, but we will see. This helmet is only supposed to be used once a year.

I expected to dislike what they did with the uniforms by making them too "Duckish" or OSU-fied, but I think these turned out OK. The primary home uni is supposed to be the black jersey with gold pants while the primary road uni will be the white jersey with rotating pants (white, gold, black and grey).

Full gallery:
http://www.mutigers.com/genrel/12-uniform-gallery.html
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #387
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
No major surprise, but UCF will hear how much trouble they are in soon:UCF heading to Indianapolis for hearing in front of NCAA Committee on Infractions - The Washington Post

Should be interesting to see if they will pay for the sins of UNC, Ohio State, Miami, et al.

I certainly hope that my Alma Mater isn't hammered any worse than UNC or OSU.. Miami, we'll just have to see what happens as that one could be quite interesting. As for UCF, we f__ed up, and deserve what's coming. I don't want to see our Athletic Department succeed while doing things the wrong way. Period.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:00 AM   #388
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Great day at the Spring game for Mizzou recruiting. Got commits from Nick Ramirez (#11 ILB, 4 star) and Trent Hosick (#15 QB, 3 star). Great to nail down the quality local kids early on.

Honest question, but what does a commit mean at this point in time? I see all these schools getting commits now, but they haven't gone on lots of visits and it's obviously a long time from signing day. I would imagine that most teams probably get a fraction of players that "commit" now.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #389
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Honest question, but what does a commit mean at this point in time? I see all these schools getting commits now, but they haven't gone on lots of visits and it's obviously a long time from signing day. I would imagine that most teams probably get a fraction of players that "commit" now.

Some schools are better than others at having their recruits keep their commitments, see Michigan.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #390
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Well, sure it's a fraction, but my guess is the fraction is something like "3/4." I get the impression that more and more kids are realizing that the recruiting process is a royal pain, and more and more high school coaches aren't wanting their top players distracted all season long by recruiting, so they're encouraging early commitments more often. So when you're a 4* or 5* recruit, and a nearby top-tier school has an obvious opening at your position where you can get significant playing time as a Freshman, more kids are just go ahead and declaring. And unless something unexpected happens during the season (coaching change, mediocre sophomore at your position having a breakout season, etc.,) they just stick with it.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #391
Ben E Lou

Quote:
"That white girl screwed her way into a job, and you honkies bypassed your own affirmative action policies to help her do it."
Old 04-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #392
Ben E Lou

Dola:

About the last thing Arky needs now is someone snooping around their program looking for ANYTHING that looks like an unfair hiring situation that might tangentially involve race, and that their recruiting rivals will then be able to use against them. I'd say it's fairly likely that someone will exploit that hoping for a nice, quiet settlement.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #393
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
"That white girl screwed her way into a job, and you honkies bypassed your own affirmative action policies to help her do it."

Quote:
Dola:

About the last thing Arky needs now is someone snooping around their program looking for ANYTHING that looks like an unfair hiring situation that might tangentially involve race, and that their recruiting rivals will then be able to use against them. I'd say it's fairly likely that someone will exploit that hoping for a nice, quiet settlement.

Figured that'd be where you might go, however, it would not be a good case because Arkansas has a legitimate non-racially based reason why she was hired, a.k.a., because Petrino was boinking her. It doesn't have to be a good reason, it just has to be a reason not related to race.

Then, the African-American candidate would have the burden to prove that race was a motivating factor, which based on what we know, would be hard to do because it seems like he was 100% motivated to hire her because he was boinking her.

If anything, Dorrell probably has the best potential lawsuit against Arkansas/Petrino based on quid pro quo sexual harassment (I give you job if you blow me). But, I really don't see the candidates not chosen for the position to have a valid Title VII action*.

*Based on what we know, if Petrino said "white girls are better than black girls" or something similar then, yes, that kind of evidence would prove a race-based intent.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 04-15-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #394
MrBug708
Head Coach

Unless a black candidate offered to blow Petrino and he told her no thanks
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #395
Ben E Lou

Since when does such a lawsuit have to be on solid legal (or logical) ground???
Old 04-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #396
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Since when does such a lawsuit have to be on solid legal (or logical) ground???

When convincing an attorney to take the case, most attorneys like to get paid.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 04-15-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #397
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Looks like the Tide rolled too far. I honestly don't know why a trophy like that is even in the position to be smashed in such a fashion.

Alabama Crimson Tide's crystal BCS trophy is shattered in mishap - ESPN
Old 04-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #398
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
When convincing an attorney to take the case, most attorneys like to get paid.

Yelling loudly publically and getting a march going has also been pretty good grounds over the last decade or two...
Old 04-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #399
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Yelling loudly publically and getting a march going has also been pretty good grounds over the last decade or two...

Yeah, but you don't need a lawsuit to do that.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #400
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, but you don't need a lawsuit to do that.

A lawsuit does, however, increase the chances of getting paid (via settlement most likely).