Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #351
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Lost to Michigan, as UMASS, 28-7. I've won the rest of my scheduled games to date...I've had to pass more as Cox was injured in the Michigan game and missed 4 weeks.

Cox is back, and I believe Bowling Green was my last opponent. I was winning,7-3, when I broke an option play to the weak side. There was no one to option! Patel turned upfield for about 25 yards before a safety came over. At tha point I tried to get cute and pitch to Cox. The ball hits the ground, presumably going forward. It's called an incomplete pass!

When they scored right after that to take the lead I was a little heated!
Old 07-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #352
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Lost to Michigan, as UMASS, 28-7. I've won the rest of my scheduled games to date...I've had to pass more as Cox was injured in the Michigan game and missed 4 weeks.

Cox is back, and I believe Bowling Green was my last opponent. I was winning,7-3, when I broke an option play to the weak side. There was no one to option! Patel turned upfield for about 25 yards before a safety came over. At tha point I tried to get cute and pitch to Cox. The ball hits the ground, presumably going forward. It's called an incomplete pass!

When they scored right after that to take the lead I was a little heated!

Well That's another rule they got wrong. Well technically, the forward pitch should be an illegal forward pass, with a 5 yard penalty from the spot.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #353
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
Well That's another rule they got wrong. Well technically, the forward pitch should be an illegal forward pass, with a 5 yard penalty from the spot.

Correct. I was a bit bummed about the lost yardage.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:13 PM   #354
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Patch news was released earlier this week:

Hello NCAA Football fans, I'm Jason French, lead producer for NCAA Football 13. I'm here to give you some information on the post-release updates that we are currently working on.

Once the game was released, we started watching the forums and talking to our EA SPORTS Game Changers community to see what areas needed to be addressed. It came to our attention that there were two big issues that we were facing with the game and I commissioned a quick title update in order to get those two issues fixed as soon as possible. The first issue was a loss of functionality on the Playcall screen, which created a situation where you couldn't change the formation without pausing the game. The second issue was a random crash in our Dynasty mode while loading into a Dynasty game. Once we became aware of these issues, we got fixes in and submitted a title update to Microsoft and Sony. The first title update in order to fix these two issues will be released on July 31st.

There is a work-around for the Dynasty crash until the patch is released. If you run into the crash loading in to game, you need to resave your dynasty file. You can do this by renaming your dynasty or making a change and triggering the auto-save feature. When you do this, it will optimize the file and you can continue playing.

We've taken a little more time for our second update, which should be released by Sony and Microsoft by the end of August.

We will be addressing the following issues that we have seen from our telemetry and heard about from our community:
  • Gameplay
    • Zone Defense has been updated.
      • We improved receiver leverage logic as well as predicting when a receiver will be in or out of their zone.
      • Improved Deep Half Zone decision making about when to split between uncovered receivers. Also, allow more zone overlapping in deep half to cover more area.
      • Deep half defenders were dropping too close to the sideline or dropping outside when no receiver was outside of their position.
    • No-Huddle QB Spy bug fixed. Defenders will no longer go into spy assignments while in man coverage.
    • Receivers weren’t looking for hot-read passes.
    • CPU QBs passing during the drop would get set passes instead of on-the-run inaccurate passes.
    • Change the logic of man defenders so they don't run into the backfield and past the receiver they are covering.
    • Route running near sideline was causing issues especially on comeback routes.
    • Fixed players not respecting global show blitz/press/back off coverage after handing off a receiver.
    • Fixed sideline streak routes so they don't get clamped in a way that the route would end after 10 or 15 yards.
    • Drive summaries should now reset after each scoring drive.
  • Dynasty
    • Once a promise becomes active, it was duplicating after each week advance.
    • Recruit Reports & Advisory options remained even after the "Allow Time Savers" setting was turned off.
    • Schools with a D+ Program Tradition could not get their grade increased through wins and championships.
    • In the off-season, post season games were not shown to have been played.
  • Custom Playbooks
    • Fixed an issue where if CPU coaches were given a custom playbook, the players were occasionally lining up close to the ball.
    • Fixed an issue where the user was unable to create an offensive playbook that consisted of 1 of every formation.
    • Fixed an issue where the user was sometimes losing functionality after the UI disappears in Custom Playbooks.
  • Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.
In addition, we will be adding a "Uniform Store" to the game. In the past, we have had a cut off of mid-April for uniform submissions from schools in order to get them onto our disc in time. Sometimes those came in after the deadline and we would have to wait until the following year in order to get those default uniforms in. The "Uniform Store" will allow us to give you updated uniforms during the season. If it's an update to a team's default uniform, you will get those uniforms at no additional charge, via download in the store if and when available.
After these title updates are released, we will continue to monitor forums and look at our internal telemetry to see if there are additional updates we should release. The NCAA Football Development Team is committed to releasing a fun and stable product for all of its fans.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-22-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #355
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

As usual, I'll be waiting 3 months post-patches and buying the game for half the price.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #356
BYU 14
Coordinator

I am just glad they are listening, especially on zone.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:21 AM   #357
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Patch news was released earlier this week:

There is a work-around for the Dynasty crash until the patch is released. If you run into the crash loading in to game, you need to resave your dynasty file. You can do this by renaming your dynasty or making a change and triggering the auto-save feature. When you do this, it will optimize the file and you can continue playing.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one with this issue/solution.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #358
gstelmack
Pro Starter

The low price on Amazon right now is from a seller named "Game Buyer", where it's around $45 shipped. Has anyone bought from them? Did everything go fine with it?
Old 07-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #359
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I'm not a uniform dork, but I'm hoping Mizzou's new Unis and Helmets are part of new ones being added at no charge.

I'll be honest. I've been a critic of this series as many know. While I still do see quite a few issues, I would recommend buying the game. It's far from perfect, but I'm having fun with it. I would say that if you're a detail-oriented person who gets caught up on minor bugs, don't bother with the game. It'll drive you crazy. If you can get past that kind of stuff, you'll be OK.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:35 PM   #360
MrBug708
Head Coach

Is there a reason to get a PS3 or XBOX360 over each other? I just married into a PS3 so I was wondering if I should get one over the other?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:29 AM   #361
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

I have both systems and prefer the 360 for my sports games. I believe it has to do with the controller and also am just a fan of the 360's interface and achievement system.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #362
Kodos
Resident Alien

I believe the consensus is the 360 looks better because that is the platform the game is developed on. The PS3 version is a port. However, I've never played the PS3 version.

I do prefer the PS3 controller, but the 360 controller is very good too.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:15 AM   #363
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Cracked this open the other night and like I always do, jump to the RTG and play just to get used to the controls and what takes place...I bounce around with RTG dynasties for QB, RB and SS or LB...just so I know how the game plays.

I like it so far, however I noticed that endurance isn't much of a factor anymore for it which is not realistic. I have a guy going ironman RB / SS and I am in almost every single play on both sides of the ball including Special Teams...and I haven't been pulled like I would in '12.

The interaction feature is cool, if you hit it on defense when the QB is throwing near you, you can get a jump on the ball and make a play.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #364
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I still haven't seen/heard anything that makes me want to put NCAA12 away and buy this. Of course, I also don't seem to have much time to play either version right now, so I guess it doesn't matter. But eventually, and probably soon, I'll get the itch. I think I'm just going to start a brand new dynasty with 12, though. I went 17 or so years with 12 and didn't even start until mid-October when they finally got the game fixed, so if I've got the time, I should be able to go far with a full season of gaming.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #365
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I still haven't seen/heard anything that makes me want to put NCAA12 away and buy this. Of course, I also don't seem to have much time to play either version right now, so I guess it doesn't matter. But eventually, and probably soon, I'll get the itch. I think I'm just going to start a brand new dynasty with 12, though. I went 17 or so years with 12 and didn't even start until mid-October when they finally got the game fixed, so if I've got the time, I should be able to go far with a full season of gaming.

The recruiting alone was enough to make me purchase and I see that as a significant upgrade from 12. I have been having fun with 13.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #366
Ksyrup

I loved the recruiting from 11/12. What did they do with 13 to make it better, and how much time does it take?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #367
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I loved the recruiting from 11/12. What did they do with 13 to make it better, and how much time does it take?

Scouting is all new. You can spend 20 hours in the pre-season and 3 hours each week after that to uncover gems and busts. It does give accurate info about various ratings after they are scouted which I don't like, but it's still more fun to me than the old system. For recruiting, you can pick your pitches again and it is slightly more in-depth. It isn't a drastic upgrade, but it is an enjoyable one for me. The recruiting upgrades and the improved ability to complete a wider variety of passes are the main reasons I upgraded.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #368
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

You actually scout players. In the past my board would really stay static. Now I move guys up and down every week. I also find it fun looking for "gems", guys that when you first look at them might be rated at 60. After you scout them they might move up +10 and they hit 70. The reversal is also true where you find "busts" and the guy might go down -10 and hit 50.

For me that adds to the fun, but it also could suck you in time wise.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #369
Ksyrup

The one thing I wish this game had was busts/gems after they are on the roster. Why everyone has to get better, I don't understand. But they have a hard enough time getting roster/talent levels balanced in this game as it is that if they tried to account for underperforming 5-stars or 2/3 stars who perform at all-conference levels, the game would probably fall apart.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #370
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
The one thing I wish this game had was busts/gems after they are on the roster. Why everyone has to get better, I don't understand. But they have a hard enough time getting roster/talent levels balanced in this game as it is that if they tried to account for underperforming 5-stars or 2/3 stars who perform at all-conference levels, the game would probably fall apart.

I'm fine with the "everyone gets better" mentality (barring injuries curtailing physical abilities), but the real question should be "how fast do they get better?". It's not that the 5-star underperforms or whatever, it's that you bring in the 75-rated 5-star player, and by his junior year maybe he's a 79, and he never hits that 5-star potential.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #371
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

We are 5-0 after another close win vs UCF. I was up 31-17 and out of nowhere UCF ties the game with about 4:30 left in the game. We go up 38-31, knock out the starting QB and they get within 8 yards from tying it back up and we get the INT to seal the W. HB Josey had 269 yards though, probably my best running game ever in NCAA.

We are #19 with Vandy coming into town.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #372
Ksyrup

So I was reading some of the OS forums threads and notice that freezing seems to be a huge issue. Are you guys having as many problems as are being reported over there? As you may recall, I had a ton of freezing problems with 12, although thankfully only one or two occurred during actual games. Most of mine were during recruiting, to the point where I would save after I completed each individual recruit visit.

If it really is a huge issue and affecting games, there's no way I'll upgrade until that's fixed. As little time as I have to play, if I lost more than 2 games, I'd probably throw the game out the window.

Of course, a lot of this could be at least partially remedied if they gave us a fucking in-game save option!

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-28-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #373
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Of course, a lot of this could be at least partially remedied if they gave us a fucking in-game save option!

This!! I had to stop playing for a while at halftime and when I came back the system had turned off. No big deal, I fire it up, load my game and.........Freezes before it gets to the coin toss.

At least a save game at halftime would be nice, this was game number 10 of the season!!
Old 07-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #374
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I typically hate auto saving, but auto saves are my friend when freezes come into play.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #375
BYU 14
Coordinator

Has anyone had issues getting on to online dynasty. I have XBox live gold, but it says I do not have the necessary permissions in my account to access online dynasty. I have tried everything and am probably missing something simple since I am new to XBox.

Any suggestions?
Old 07-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #376
General Mike
Pro Starter

I've had some freezing problems. Biggest was after a blowout shutout of the hated Eagles of Boston College. Game froze when I was saving highlights. When I repkayed the game, I still won, but it was much lower scoring.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Old 07-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #377
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Has anyone had issues getting on to online dynasty. I have XBox live gold, but it says I do not have the necessary permissions in my account to access online dynasty. I have tried everything and am probably missing something simple since I am new to XBox.

Any suggestions?

Did you enter your code? Inside the case, you should have an online registration code (I forget what exactly it is called). You have to enter that code to be able to play ODs and whatnot.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-30-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #378
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Did you enter your code? Inside the case, you should have an online registration code (I forget what exactly it is called). You have to enter that code to be able to play ODs and whatnot.

Yeah and I can play one on one games...just no OD, completely at a loss.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #379
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I might try deleting the saved file in your Xbox. That might do the trick, I don't think you'd have to hit your dynasty files, just like the tuning download, maybe a system setting?

I'd open up the xbox and suggest which files, but I left my TV cables at the house. Don't know how I did it, but it happened. No xbox this week, I suppose.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #380
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Anyone seen this? I'm playing Nebraska with my Hawkeyes down 7-0, 1st qtr, with a third and 15 on my own 30 yd line. Hit my TE over the middle about 13 yds and am hoping I can turn up field before being hit and get the first down.
TE makes the grab, takes 2 or three strides for the first down, with the ball tucked away, and as he is about to be hit the play just stops and its 4th down.

Never gets tackled but does drop the ball after taking the strides. But I think he only drops the ball because the play is dead? No reaction by anyone as if it was a fumble. Its like the game thought a complete pass was incomplete. Nothing announced by pbp, play just went dead.

I hate replaying or restarting any game but fuck it, with this blatant error\bug I shut it down and started over.

Last game of regular season and a 35-28 OT win, scoring 2 tds in the 4th qtr one with less than a minute left to get to OT. Great game and win but that pass play was something else
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #381
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I hear ya. I nearly reset the game after that botched pitch 20 yards downfield was ruled an incomplete pass and taken back to the original line of scrimmage.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #382
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'll say this, I've had some majorly unusual replay challenge results.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #383
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Anyone seen this? I'm playing Nebraska with my Hawkeyes down 7-0, 1st qtr, with a third and 15 on my own 30 yd line. Hit my TE over the middle about 13 yds and am hoping I can turn up field before being hit and get the first down.
TE makes the grab, takes 2 or three strides for the first down, with the ball tucked away, and as he is about to be hit the play just stops and its 4th down.

Never gets tackled but does drop the ball after taking the strides. But I think he only drops the ball because the play is dead? No reaction by anyone as if it was a fumble. Its like the game thought a complete pass was incomplete. Nothing announced by pbp, play just went dead.

I hate replaying or restarting any game but fuck it, with this blatant error\bug I shut it down and started over.

Last game of regular season and a 35-28 OT win, scoring 2 tds in the 4th qtr one with less than a minute left to get to OT. Great game and win but that pass play was something else

Haven't seen it on passing plays, but have seen it on running plays, where the play just stops before the ball is handed off. Shrug
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Old 08-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #384
Kodos
Resident Alien

A reason to upgrade from NCAA 2012 to NCAA 2013.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #385
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I just picked this game up, and I'm coaching the offense for Indiana on default all american. It is one of the best football games I have ever played so far. Players don't play like idiots, and games have a different feel to them almost every time out. 3-1 after beating Northwestern on the road, now our first big test against #16 Mich State. Should be a party.

I don;t see myself putting this down for a long time.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #386
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

I love the passing game in this version. I know when I play the Madden demo tomorrow though, it will blow NCAA out of the water for game play. If it doesn't I will be completely surprised.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:52 AM   #387
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Been having fun with this. My buddy and I are doing an online Dynasty with Wyoming and Colorado State on default Heisman. Brutal interception totals but I can honestly say they are all on me. Terrible decisions. Just finished my 2nd season at 6-6. We are recruiting on All-American and it's a little too easy. That said, if it was any harder our teams would pretty much be in a rut with a combo platter of bad players and stick skills. Good times.

Last edited by Bigsmooth : 08-14-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:15 AM   #388
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway View Post
I love the passing game in this version. I know when I play the Madden demo tomorrow though, it will blow NCAA out of the water for game play. If it doesn't I will be completely surprised.

Madden has sucked for so long.. I doubt it.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:28 AM   #389
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I think I'll play way more during football season. Right now, all I do is play for my online dynasty and it's a trainwreck because I'm still adapting to the game.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:15 AM   #390
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Madden has sucked for so long.. I doubt it.
Even when Madden has "sucked" the game play has been better than NCAA. Always a year ahead. The infinity engine will be in NCAA next year, but guess where it comes from? That's right, the previous version of Madden.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:52 AM   #391
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
Haven't seen it on passing plays, but have seen it on running plays, where the play just stops before the ball is handed off. Shrug
I had this happen to me on counter runs. Something to do with the game thinking the players knee touches the ground on slow speed. If you change the speed to Normal, it should work fine. Otherwise don't run counters. At least out of shot gun. Not sure if this happens on under center or not.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #392
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway View Post
Even when Madden has "sucked" the game play has been better than NCAA. Always a year ahead. The infinity engine will be in NCAA next year, but guess where it comes from? That's right, the previous version of Madden.

I call BS. This past season I couldn't play more than a couple of games with Madden because I couldn't see the ball when I threw it with the lousy camera they used. I've played the heck out of NCAA, though. My biggest gripes with NCAA this year have been super-jumping LBs and psychic DBs (that's been in both NCAA and Madden for quite some time), and now I've got at least some evidence that those two issues may be reduced in NCAA.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #393
gstelmack
Pro Starter

$40 at NewEgg right now.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #394
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Seen tons of those SI commercials. 50 bucks and you get 28 issuses and a free copy of NCAA 13. Thats pretty damn good considering its selling for more at the local BB right now.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #395
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
Seen tons of those SI commercials. 50 bucks and you get 28 issuses and a free copy of NCAA 13. Thats pretty damn good considering its selling for more at the local BB right now.

Did that deal last year.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #396
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Not sure what happened but first game after the patch was 78-76 in OT. That's insane. I was getting fairly accurate stats before with my slider set, although I did see waaaaaay too many 50 yard passes. I play CPU vs. CPU and wasn't watching that closely so no changes to the sliders yet.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #397
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Only have a couple games under my belt but a little concerned about my first game after this patch. Had some great games prior to the patch. First game after was against a team that I should have smoked. Their QB was inhuman. I was able to control the clock and won a tight one but their QB was 28 for 30 with the only 2 incomplete passes caused by my DB knocking the ball down with great plays. Every other pass thrown by their QB was like it was laser guided.

Then with my team up by a touchdown with 3 seconds left in the game and them at midfield they line up and run a sweep.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:24 AM   #398
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

They had to act quickly, having a good game already on the market would have impacted Madden's sales.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #399
Icy
Pro Starter

So how is rtg this year? Is playcalling still so stupid? What about q lenght?

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #400
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Not sure what happened but first game after the patch was 78-76 in OT. That's insane. I was getting fairly accurate stats before with my slider set, although I did see waaaaaay too many 50 yard passes. I play CPU vs. CPU and wasn't watching that closely so no changes to the sliders yet.

This is the problem with slider sets: when they adjust things in a patch or the tuning file, it completely invalidates the preconditions for your slider set. If they fix QB accuracy, you need to figure out the correct slider again.

I think we've been burned by this a few times in "The Ladder" for NCAA 12, where a tuning file update would change CPU running, and all of a sudden with our slider set CPU RBs are breaking tackles all over the place.

The real question to me is: after the patch, how does the default slider set for All American and whatever difficulty below that play?