Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #3951
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Pressey declares and hires an agent. It's funny........he was first team SEC and is the all-time leader in assists at Mizzou, yet most fans aren't all that upset that he's moving on.

I will say that I thought that 'basketball IQ' was overrated in basketball players until I watched Pressey play this year. His poor decision-making abilities make me awfully glad that we have a 4 star PG coming in who is known as a player with great basketball IQ. I can't take that many bad plays in crucial situations again.

I don't understand what an NBA team would see in him at all. He can't shoot, like you said he has horrible decision making skills, and he is small. On the other hand I guess his dad would not tell him to declare if he didn't think he would be drafted. I will still stick with the argument that one day its going to come out that he was shaving points and throwing games last season.

(As to whether we are better off or not I can't say an unknown makes me feel confident about next season)

Last edited by panerd : 04-10-2013 at 04:39 PM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #3952
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
USC hires Tony Bland away from SDSU for a whole lot of money and an associate HC title. Not bad for a coach with two years of coaching experience.

One of the best recruiters on the West Coast. Great combination of assistant coaches that should have USC bringing in some great classes in the near future.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-10-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #3953
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
One of the best recruiters on the West Coast. Great combination of assistant coaches that should have USC bringing in some great classes in the near future.

That has always been the issue at USC IMO. If they can start getting talent in, that would be a good start. Other than a couple years with Tim Floyd, they've had MWC talent. Bland is the kind of guy Howland really needed on his last two squads as a good buffer for talent and a recruiter.

USC is definitely going for a homerun hire here, so let's see what happens. Next year they do have a NCAA tourney caliber team, so Enfield will show a lot of what he can do with the squad he's inherited.

USC needs to focus on their third spot for an X's and O's guy, because they seem to be sorely lacking in this department. (Unless I missed the 3rd AC)

A lot of Southern California talent in the C/O 2014

Last edited by MrBug708 : 04-10-2013 at 06:49 PM.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #3954
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
That has always been the issue at USC IMO. If they can start getting talent in, that would be a good start. Other than a couple years with Tim Floyd, they've had MWC talent. Bland is the kind of guy Howland really needed on his last two squads as a good buffer for talent and a recruiter.

USC is definitely going for a homerun hire here, so let's see what happens. Next year they do have a NCAA tourney caliber team, so Enfield will show a lot of what he can do with the squad he's inherited.

USC needs to focus on their third spot for an X's and O's guy, because they seem to be sorely lacking in this department. (Unless I missed the 3rd AC)

A lot of Southern California talent in the C/O 2014

I agree with everything you said. No 3rd AC hired yet, but I'm 100% in agreement that it has to be a solid X's and O's guy.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #3955
MrBug708
Head Coach

Guessing on how many scholarships USC has(4), they could very well land a class of the following:
4* SF Daniel Hamilton
4* SG Chris Sandifer
4* Robert Cartwright
3* C Idrissa Diallo

This should be worst case scenario. There is other talent like Stanley Johnson, Namon Wright, Jordan McLaughlin, Isaiah Bailey, Thomas Welch, and Malik Pope.

Last edited by MrBug708 : 04-10-2013 at 07:13 PM.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #3956
Logan
Head Coach

And this is why Pernetti walked away with $1.2 million:

Rutgers officials praised Pernetti for response to Rice video in December, months before pressuring him to resign | NJ.com
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #3957
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

Doesn't seem like enough. The guy follows the organizational requirements, which basically mandate that Rice keeps his job, and then he loses his own job, his career in big time college sports, and his professional reputation. AND, how all this went down is out there in public. I would have made them fire me and then sued them for a lot more than $1.2 million. Of course, I don't have the loyalty from being a Rutgers alum, maybe that played a part.

Last edited by molson : 04-11-2013 at 10:11 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #3958
Logan
Head Coach

I think his feelings about the school did have a part in it which makes me even more upset about how this was handled. He's also likely thinking that he's still young and he'll be able to have a lucrative career in media as an executive going forward. The more this stuff comes out, the quicker his reputation rebuilds.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #3959
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

He had a big hand in getting Rutgers into the Big 10, right? I'll bet he has some friends over there and possibly with the B10 network, so I could see him ending up working for the network in some capacity.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #3960
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The day this came out he was on with Francesca and said that Barchi had seen the video. If he's telling the truth, he got royally screwed by Rutgers.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #3961
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
The day this came out he was on with Francesca and said that Barchi had seen the video. If he's telling the truth, he got royally screwed by Rutgers.

The discussion preceding that question was about Pernetti seeing the video for the first time back in December. Francesa then asked if Barchi saw the video. Pernetti answered yes. Francesa took that to be answering "did Barchi see it in December?". Pernetti was saying "yes, he saw the video yesterday" (the day it broke).
Old 04-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #3962
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The discussion preceding that question was about Pernetti seeing the video for the first time back in December. Francesa then asked if Barchi saw the video. Pernetti answered yes. Francesa took that to be answering "did Barchi see it in December?". Pernetti was saying "yes, he saw the video yesterday" (the day it broke).

I didn't hear that explanation. That certainly wasn't what it sounded like during the interview. If Barchi really didn't see the tape until after it became public I'm much more supportive of the board.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #3963
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I didn't hear that explanation. That certainly wasn't what it sounded like during the interview. If Barchi really didn't see the tape until after it became public I'm much more supportive of the board.

You'd be more supportive of the guy because he didn't ask/demand to see the tape that was just described to him, and that was bad enough to result in the suspension of a coach?
Old 04-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #3964
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
You'd be more supportive of the guy because he didn't ask/demand to see the tape that was just described to him, and that was bad enough to result in the suspension of a coach?

President trusts his people and doesn't want to have to make the call to fire a guy who reports to someone else. I can understand why he didn't ask to step in and have to do Pernetti's job.

I'm far more comfortable with them giving Pernetti his exit when they also fired the people who get the bum legal advice. The fact they were going to get to stay and Pernetti would have to go bothered me mightily.

Plus, Pernetti will no doubt have other opportunities. Better to get out of Rutgers and get this black mark off his life. Especially since increasingly the consensus here is "he got screwed."

Again, would expect to see him resurface with the new C7 league as Commish or as someone else mentioned with the B1G in some capacity.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #3965
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Jersey State wooing Eddie Jordan after whiffing officially on Hurley.

Rutgers targets Los Angeles Lakers assistant Eddie Jordan as next coach, according to sources - ESPN New York
Old 04-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #3966
Logan
Head Coach

I had no interest in Hurley.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #3967
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Myck Kabongo is going to enter the draft. Looks like it is going to be another long season in Austin. Not what the fans are used to seeing, after making 15 straight tournament appearances.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #3968
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
I had no interest in Hurley.

Me neither. I knew there was no way his dad would send recruits down there, the few that have tried to "save" Rutgers end up leaving because it's terrible for them.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #3969
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Myck Kabongo is going to enter the draft. Looks like it is going to be another long season in Austin. Not what the fans are used to seeing, after making 15 straight tournament appearances.

Cripes. I thought Flip Pressey's decision was bad. Kabongo is even more of a head scratcher.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #3970
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Cripes. I thought Flip Pressey's decision was bad. Kabongo is even more of a head scratcher.

Kabongo is projected to be a late first round pick. Pressey is late second round/undrafted.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #3971
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
What happened with Rutgers & Howland?
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #3972
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post

Maybe Rutgers spoke to SoCal AAU coaches?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #3973
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

As far as I know, while there were reports from people like CBS that Howland was interested in the job, I never heard anything from the Rutgers side that they were interested in him. I think if that's true, it might have been more out of cost concerns than feeling he couldn't do the job. And if it is the latter, that is obviously stupid.

They were very interested in Jordan back before Rice was hired in 2010, but he didn't want to leave the NBA at that point, so he might simply be above Howland on the list.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #3974
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Maybe Rutgers spoke to SoCal AAU coaches?
All kidding aside, don't you suppose Howland is aware of the issues that brought him down at UCLA? If he takes the kind of approach at Rutgers that he did at Pitt or when he first arrived at UCLA, hard to imagine he wouldn't be about as good as Rutgers could reasonably expect to get...
Old 04-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #3975
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
All kidding aside, don't you suppose Howland is aware of the issues that brought him down at UCLA? If he takes the kind of approach at Rutgers that he did at Pitt or when he first arrived at UCLA, hard to imagine he wouldn't be about as good as Rutgers could reasonably expect to get...

I'm sure Logan is right and it's simply they're cheap assholes.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #3976
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Longtime PNW coach Marv Harshman has passed away at 95. He started off coaching at Pacific Lutheran, moved on to Washington State and then finished his career at Washington, coaching guys like Steve Hawes, James Edwards, Lorenzo Romar, Detlef Schrempf and Christian Welp. He ended up with 635 wins between the three schools.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #3977
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Me neither. I knew there was no way his dad would send recruits down there, the few that have tried to "save" Rutgers end up leaving because it's terrible for them.

Add me to the no Hurley camp as well. Would have liked to see Howland but Jordan is ok with me as well.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #3978
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Honestly, dawg, there were so many arrogant and seemingly just "blind" decisions by the man over the past several seasons that I wouldn't trust him to make the correct call on his gardener.

It's absolutely mind boggling how collossally Howland screwed up the UCLA program and his own image. I would bet money he still doesn't really understand why he was let go.

Of course, I'll bet Lavin still doesn't understand either.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #3979
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

IU announces Remy Abell to transfer | Indiana basketball, football, soccer and more: The Hoosier Scoop

Quote:
Indiana just issued a press release announcing sophomore guard Remy Abell will transfer.
The release reads:
Indiana University men’s basketball coach Tom Crean has announced that sophomore guard Remy Abell will transfer to a school where he can increase his playing time.
“Remy has been an outstanding citizen and a solid player for us the past two years,” said Crean. “He indicated to us that he would like to look to go to a program that has a different style of play and one where he can get more playing time.”
During his career with the Hoosiers, the Louisville Eastern High product has averaged 3.5 points in 10.7 minutes of action per game.
“Being at Indiana has been the best two years of my life,” said Abell. “I love the school, the program, the fans and I want to thank everyone for their support. The coaching staff has been great to me and I couldn’t ask to have had better teammates while I was here. I am going to miss everyone, but I just feel at this time a fresh start and new opportunities are what is best in following god’s plan for me.”

This is speak for "We oversigned and somebody needs to go." Crean even admits as much.

Quote:
“I think you have a responsibility to (players like Oladipo and Zeller) and you have a responsibility to your program,” Crean said. “There’s a lot of different things that go into decision-making and building your team. There’s a lot of influx in this game. That’s the way it is. And if you’re going to be successful, you’re going to deal with that.
“We’re fully prepared for that.”
But Crean offered no specifics on how the scholarship situation will shake out, only a cryptic message that it will shake out.
“There’s always going to be things that go on, that those of us that are inside those doors truly have a grasp on,” Crean said, referring to the locker room. “That’s just sometimes the way it is. We better have a grasp on it ... and we do. You don’t really talk a lot about it publicly.”

Since when is oversigning OK? - Men's College Basketball Nation Blog - ESPN
Old 04-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #3980
General Mike
Pro Starter

Welcome home Fast Eddie
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:58 AM   #3981
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
IU is more interesting then the team I follow, so I am gonna take everything that happens over there, and cast a black cloud over it

Thanks for your interest in IU basketball. When someone transfers out of IU, then Crean pushed him out the door. When 350 players transfer from other schools, they have good reasons.

In case anyone is interested, it's to bad Remy is transferring, but he wants to start. He obviously doesn't believe he'll get that chance at IU. Remy was a good player, who played important minutes. I believe he would have had the same role next season, and that wasn't good enough for him.

Totally understandable, and good luck to him, I hope he is successful at his new school.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:47 AM   #3982
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
Thanks for your interest in IU basketball. When someone transfers out of IU, then Crean pushed him out the door. When 350 players transfer from other schools, they have good reasons.

In case anyone is interested, it's to bad Remy is transferring, but he wants to start. He obviously doesn't believe he'll get that chance at IU. Remy was a good player, who played important minutes. I believe he would have had the same role next season, and that wasn't good enough for him.

Totally understandable, and good luck to him, I hope he is successful at his new school.

They had 13 scholarships for 14 players.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:47 AM   #3983
Kodos
Resident Alien

According to people on the Indiana board, he broke team rules and was allowed to transfer to save face. Nobody is saying what he did. It's too bad. Seems like a good kid. One of my least.favorite aspects of Crean is his use of the oversign.

Last edited by Kodos : 04-15-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:06 AM   #3984
hoopsguy
General Manager

It's kind of funny how things work out with the oversign. Patterson doesn't meet academic requirements, Abell breaks team rules, etc ...

I get that college hoops is more a business with every passing year. But Crean really does seem to be among the most mercenary in the way he manages kids and scholarships.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #3985
Kodos
Resident Alien

People are always on the lookout for another "Creaning". When players leave IU, it's always for some nefarious Tom-Crean-is-a-jerk reason, but when three players leave Illinois, nobody thinks anything of it.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #3986
hoopsguy
General Manager

Why do you think that is, Kodos? Why would people target Crean on this?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #3987
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
It's kind of funny how things work out with the oversign. Patterson doesn't meet academic requirements, Abell breaks team rules, etc ...

I get that college hoops is more a business with every passing year. But Crean really does seem to be among the most mercenary in the way he manages kids and scholarships.

It's a very common practice anymore. Mizzou has moved a couple of players out to make room for expected signings. I think the kids realize the new methods and are OK with it for the most part. Most of the ones that are being moved wouldn't get much playing time anyway, so they're ready to go somewhere else for a fresh start once they realize they aren't working out at the high-major level.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #3988
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Funny how when a player on MSU's team gets dropped due to breaking team rules Izzo has no problem saying so and yet for Crean it is how the player wants to find a place where they can get more playing time.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #3989
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Why do you think that is, Kodos? Why would people target Crean on this?

I think some people just plain hate him, and look at everything that happens with him through the "he's a jerk" prism. At least in certain fanbases. Illinois and Wisconsin fans especially (Illinois fans because of the Gordon thing, Wisconson because of his Marquette days).

Players transfer all the time due to playing time issues or personality conflicts, but when somebody leaves IU, they were forced out. But why would Crean force out a servicable player like Abell, when there are guys like Etherington who probably will never contribute anything on the court who are still around?

Last edited by Kodos : 04-15-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #3990
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Funny how when a player on MSU's team gets dropped due to breaking team rules Izzo has no problem saying so and yet for Crean it is how the player wants to find a place where they can get more playing time.

And if he had done that, then Crean would be attacked for throwing a player under the bus while Creaning him. No matter what he does, it will be construed in a bad way at this point.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #3991
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Matt Roth - the definition of "Creaning." If Crean thinks he can bring in someone better than you, you are as good as gone. The part I don't like about the oversign and purging rosters is that the players almost always have to sit out a year. I don't want players to basically have a free agency period after the season and have no repercussions for transferring, but some kids are given a raw deal.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #3992
Kodos
Resident Alien

Roth already had two degrees at that point. Plus, he was the one who told Crean he was leaving after his first season.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #3993
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Spring Creaning?

Old 04-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #3994
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's a very common practice anymore. Mizzou has moved a couple of players out to make room for expected signings. I think the kids realize the new methods and are OK with it for the most part. Most of the ones that are being moved wouldn't get much playing time anyway, so they're ready to go somewhere else for a fresh start once they realize they aren't working out at the high-major level.

Well, I really doubt they're okay with it, but I am sure they accept at some level and move on, probably better now than they did in the past?

This is all funny to me, because I am confused at seeing even 13 scholies used, much less more than that, and players leaving for reasons of their own choosing, not "save face" reasons from the staff. Thank you Ben Howland!

He shoulda cheated. Even if the NCAA took five scholies, he still would have been fine.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #3995
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Spring Creaning?

britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #3996
BishopMVP
Coordinator

UMass linked to a couple players from team's with posters here (not saying we'll definitely get either, but credible sources have put us on the list both is looking at), and curious your take on them.

WV PG Jabari Hinds. Seems to me like a low top 100 recruit who really hasn't looked great at the college level. Solid stats as a FR, but didn't improve as a SO (although WV as a whole seemed dysfunctional). I guess the question is whether it was widespread team dysfunction, or if Hinds was one of the real problems.

Rutgers recruit Shane Rector. Word is he never signed an NLI, so he's eligible to play for anyone next year after decomitting following Rice's departure. Is he more SG or PG?

Also being linked to Memphis grad transfer Tarik Black, but he'll probably go higher than us (Duke mentioned as a frontrunner.)
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #3997
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Also being linked to Memphis grad transfer Tarik Black, but he'll probably go higher than us (Duke mentioned as a frontrunner.)

Mizzou is recruiting him as well. Almost landed him the first time. Lots of minutes available for him this time around.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #3998
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
UMass linked to a couple players from team's with posters here (not saying we'll definitely get either, but credible sources have put us on the list both is looking at), and curious your take on them.

WV PG Jabari Hinds. Seems to me like a low top 100 recruit who really hasn't looked great at the college level. Solid stats as a FR, but didn't improve as a SO (although WV as a whole seemed dysfunctional). I guess the question is whether it was widespread team dysfunction, or if Hinds was one of the real problems.

Rutgers recruit Shane Rector. Word is he never signed an NLI, so he's eligible to play for anyone next year after decomitting following Rice's departure. Is he more SG or PG?

I like Hinds and was sorry to see that him leaving. You are right about WVU's dysfunction, but I don't think Hinds was a major part of it, as I recall Huggins pointing him out as one of the harder working players on the team. I think his biggest problem is that he is a 5'11 shooting guard. Too small to guard other 2-guards and gets shots blocked too often. I think his role on a good team is a combo guard off the bench, providing above average offense versus an opponent's second team.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #3999
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

Hinds plays hard and works hard. He's a kid you really want to see succeed. He can be solid at the point in short stretches as he does a good job moving the ball, but he's not going to create shots for others.

He sees himself as a jump shooter and he doesn't hesitate to pull the trigger, but he's just not a good shooter. He's quick enough to get around his defender and into the lane, but he avoids contact at all costs and doesn't get to the line enough. When you combine those two attributes you get a very inefficient scorer. I've said time and time again that he needs to spend the spring and summer watching nothing but Russ Smith highlights.

Honestly, he was one of our two worst players last year which is inexcusable given his talent. The wasted possessions we had from Hinds and Kilicli are a big part of what crippled WVU's offense. I really want to see him do well, but he's going to have to make significant changes to the way he plays for that to happen.

Last edited by Atocep : 04-15-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #4000
Logan
Head Coach

Rector is more PG than SG. When he committed, a lot of people were saying we got a good underrated player. Apparently he is close to adding Butler, A&M, and Mizzou offers following his decommitment but I'm unsure of where those stand. He's going to give Rutgers another shot once the Jordan hire is announced, but I'm not too optimistic.