Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-20-2008, 10:52 PM   #4751
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Oh, and important note -

Dr. Doom never did scan Mr. Fantastic.

I was going to ask about that. When I had "figured" out Mr. Fantastic's identity, I couldn't honestly believe the rebels did not go after him at some point just for being Alan, if not for the incredible things his invention power could have done to the rebels if he was good. I'm guessing that the rebels were worried I might have a similar power hence my early departure. So by the end of the game I was pretty sure Mr. Fantastic was a rebel.

Anyway when Doom came back neutral my first thought was did Doom knowingly put a rebel up as prelate and have an agreement with them somehow. Then Hulk attacked and then Kang attacked.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:54 PM   #4752
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Thanks to Hoops and Tyrith for running the game, I had a great time!
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:22 PM   #4753
HenryPym
Mascot

Okay all caught up now.

First off congrats and thanks to the mods for pulling this game off. I have a massive headache just thinking about all the coordinating and behind the scenes stuff you had to do-so well done! You definitely set up a great background for the game and knew a lot about the Marvel Universe to pull in for flavor.

Second congrats to the rebels on a well-played game for the most part. I had Kang, Beast, and Ghost Rider high on my suspect list early on but was fooled by Cable for most of the game due to his vote alongside mine on Beast. (at least I think that's why, been a while now). Only very late in the game where he hadn't done anything very noticeable to that point did I wonder if I got him wrong. And I bounced back and forth on Mr. Fantastic the whole game thanks to Doom making him a prelate. Had Punisher and Aardwolf and Silver Samurai on my list for a long time too. We villagers made it pretty easy for you to take control of the game many times and you certainly took advantage of most of them, so well-done.

Third, fellow villagers? Ugh. People have to stop being so dead certain they are right about a villager being a rebel without proof rather than a hunch. It got both Colussus and Silver Samurai lynched when neither of them should have been.

Fourth I had my moments of stupidity too of course. Using my ant-man shrink spy power to look at Vision on Night 1 because I needed to know if he was good or not before I used my restore life power on him. I should have been smart and looked at a prelate. And it would have been Dr. Strange that I looked at. All I saw instead was Vision quietly regenerating the whole night. Argh. Then I couldn't use my spy power (that's why I was begging to be left to my "experiments" the whole time I was alive)

Then the night of my death, another Argh! I really wanted to use my Create a Power and activate Ultron. (I nearly choked on my coffee when you brought him up Vision) Well since I hadn't been able to use my spy power since night one, I thought the village needed it more than I needed a protector. So I knew early that day I was going to use my spy power on none other than...Kang! I hadn't trusted him the whole game and really believed like some others that at least one rebel started as a prelate. Instead I viewed Nick Fury due to his reveal late that day. All I got to see was him pacing around the whole night. I thought for sure someone would take a shot at him or he would do something himself. Argh!

I asked after my death what would have happened if I activated Ultron instead-I would have been protected from the night attack and I'm guessing would have been given a clue to the identity if not the outright identity of my would be killer. After keeping my vote on Beast I really should have protected myself instead. At least you guys got the bastard Kang soon after that!

Oh and you can probably throw in my reasoning about Gambit and voting for him the first two days as pretty stupid too. Sorry Gambit
Old 10-20-2008, 11:37 PM   #4754
path12
Coordinator

The anonymity was fantastic. It's a whole new group that way.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:49 PM   #4755
HenryPym
Mascot

1-so what happened when Apocalypse died? A straight rebel kill, or something else? I was pretty shocked he was taken out so easily as it appeared he was.

2-so what happened with Emma Frost on that Egyptian mission? I wondered if she got picked to die because she put in the least energy or it was just a random kill due to losing the mission?

3-Was the sentinel mission just a matter of overkill?

I really loved hiding behind my secret identity (and I don't think any of you guessed me in the contest-hah!). It helped to hide old grudges and the taking out of some of the more experienced members just due to the experience behind their names. I would definitely play in a hidden identity game again.

I had a love/hate affair with missions. The concept was good, but especially when Doom took over and tried to organize/control us with missions (though it was a good idea), it kinda "doomed" the village I think. It prevented us from using the majority of our abilities (in my case all of my non-combat ones), and the missions sounded so urgent/important for the most part that I felt we really needed to go on them. I was so happy when there wasn't a mission that one day because I could finally play my character again. I think the regular missions along with the Galactus mission was just too much at the start, we should have had a break from one sooner rather than later. But man that was so cool when I forced Galactus back! I think I have the Scarlet Witch to thank for that?

what benefits/penalties were gained from missions other than the control rod? I got nothing.

The "Shadow-King concept". I screamed when the Shadow King was introduced because it was one more crazy thing we had to deal with in the game. Imagine if Ultron had gotten loose. I actually like the concept, but c'mon poor Nick Fury didn't get to play his character for how many days? That's just a horrible concept on that basis. So much expectation for the game, so many cool powers to play with, and then being told you can't play them, and there was the possibility he would be killed before Shadow King moved elsewhere. That just wasn't fair to Nick Fury's player I think. Now a 24 hour poseession concept? That I can embrace.

the description of the bodies of the dead people had nothing to do with the characters that killed them right? I like many thought immediately of Silver Samurai when Professor X's head got cut off, but after a while I couldn't quite believe the mods would leave that obvious a clue to the identity of the killers. And no one was gonna guess my killer unless they looked at everybody's boots after-damn you Jheinz!

Kudos to Spiderman and Punisher for going back and re-reading the rules about guarding and the Madri power on that last day even though it worked against the village-too often we were forgetting things which is why I kept bringing up the team damage ability.

Oh and I thought my character was well-thought out. I picked him due to his versatilty. I can finally thank Raiders Army for his comment on Page 1 about my pick of characters Used his powers from various time periods well I thought even though I never got to use most of them. I thought the only thing missing was Ultron and was psyched when you allowed that power. By the way, I debated between the version you guys saw or another version where if I died, my brain patterns would be transferred to Ultron and I would become Ultron. That would have been so cool, but so chaotic too and the village didn't need that.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:58 PM   #4756
Danny
Head Coach

I enjoyed my character, other than the being possessed for 5 days thing . Especially since I spent another two and my create a power getting trust back. I do appreciate Alan confirming what I said, it at least made the next couple days more fun.

Villagers made a lot of mistakes and it's hard to believe Apocolypse let himself die so early by not ordering a protection of himself. Still, you guys took advantage, and played a great game.

PurdueBrad, I actually suspected you from day one, but never had anything concrete whatsoever, so never said anything. I might have pushed it more had I not been possessed because when I got back, it seems going on a gut feeling wasn't a good idea, especially since I needed to prove myself.

I think Mr.F getting "cleared" was the key, that pretty much sealed the deal for you guys
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:08 AM   #4757
Tyrith
College Starter

@Henry Pym

1 - Rebels spent 35 energy out of their pool to blow his butt out of the water. Apocalypse in this game was way, way weaker than in the first game, and he was imminently killable - 35 energy was overkill by a factor of 3 or so.

2 - Because the wolves won (it maybe have been by some certain number) they got to kill a villager on the mission of their choice. If the village had won (or won by a similar measure) they would have gotten a wolf. That mission was IMPORTANT, and not having good info on it really, really hurt the village.

3 - The wolves didn't use any energy at all on that mission; it was a complete throwaway. So yes, it was a massive amount of overkill.

On the missions as a whole there were several abilities the village had access to in order to clarify what you needed to do. Firebird had a repeatable ability to learn info about the next mission which went unused; this was something I complained about incessantly to hoops :P Gambit had a once per game to the same effect, and Surfer and Vision both had abilities that could tell you about what had happened on past missions. Underutilization of information abilities = loss.

BTW, Rebels started the game with 100 energy in a pool, for all the wolves to use, regenerating 6 per night. If the village had won the day 3 mission the pool would have been split up between the wolves, and the recharge gone. The pool also allowed them to pick the type of damage they did at night, so it wasn't directly tied to the character - if the pool was gone they would have been limited to the types the killer could do normally.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:17 AM   #4758
Danny
Head Coach

Wow, that third mission was SO HUGE. What exactly did the village get out of the missions we did win?

Last edited by Danny : 10-21-2008 at 12:18 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:01 AM   #4759
The Jackal
Coordinator

Amazing game, thanks hoops and tyrith. You guys put in an incredible amount of time to this game and it turned out as the most fun werewolf game I've been involved in.

To those who I possessed: I'm sorry if you were frustrated for losing your character, and I'm sure there will be quite a few people pissed off at me, but hey, the moderators gave me an awesome role and I enjoyed using it.

I'll take the major victory, goodnight.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:05 AM   #4760
The Jackal
Coordinator

Special shout out to Crim - I was trying to figure out who Vision was and I'm pretty sure I haven't played with you before but you played that role very well.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:39 AM   #4761
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Great game hoops and tyrith. There was a mass of stuff going on, maybe a bit too much for my liking, but it certainly kept things exciting. I've got to say that the village (myself included) played very poorly

Wolves killed me at just the right time for them. I couldn't believe someone like Alan would be saying that we should concentrate on taking out Galactus when the village was taking a pounding as that is exactly what a wolf would want. I was cheering when QuickSilver turned his machine on him - shame it didn't kill him. I only went on the stupid mission because I was having doubts about Colossus being a rebel and felt that I'd better go on the mission to buy some trust, I was on the verge of not doing so. Very annoying.

Of course I had been chasing shadows all the time I was playing so it was inevitable that I would eventually hit on someone correctly. As I also thought Scarlet Witch and Silver Surfer were baddies I guess it shows that I wasn't being fantastically accurate even then. But I was certain (and heinz, if no-one else, will tell you how strong that conviction becomes) that Fantastic was a wolf. It made the rest of the game pretty painful to read though, expecially when he suddenly became "cleared".

Well played by the wolves though, in the defence of the village with so many rules like this it's very easy for villagers to slip up and turn on each other. I still think going after Colossus on day three is the only logical course, you can't lie like that and expect to live.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:44 AM   #4762
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I suspected Poli was the Punisher (just because I figured it was a character he would pick) and I vaguely suspected that Colossus was Render but apart from that my guesses were way off the mark. I thought Vision was st cronin as the playing method seemed to fit, as did my early suspicions of him and I thought Heinz was Jean Grey. Then Mimic.

Pass I really wish you'd have used your witchy powers on the rebel mission on day three. Not doing it pretty much convinced me that you were bad.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:46 AM   #4763
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Not that it mattered as I was dead.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:20 AM   #4764
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I don't understand how were we supposed to kill the Shadow King.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:29 AM   #4765
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post

I could only be killed in the Astral Plane, I didn't even know who could do it. Point is, I was never really "against" the village, just the people who I needed to outlive.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:42 AM   #4766
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Yes, but your existance was very counter-productive to the village as muddying the waters to that extent is a big benefit for the wolves.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:59 AM   #4767
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

An interesting game but way too unbalanced (or so it seemed from my angle) and the possession idea just flat out sucks. I will never play in a game with that possibility again. I do like the ananymous sign ons though as it takes some of the past encounters out of the picture.

Thanks to the mods for all their hard work, always appreciated.

For my next game: vote The Jackal but then aagain it was the mods who gave him the power, can I vote for three people on day one?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:00 AM   #4768
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes, but your existance was very counter-productive to the village as muddying the waters to that extent is a big benefit for the wolves.

It's funny because it wasn't counter-productive at all. I was trying to help at the end, just no one trusted me. I understand why you wouldn't, and my role was meant to cause confusion, but I was trying to assist.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:01 AM   #4769
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
For my next game: vote The Jackal but then aagain it was the mods who gave him the power, can I vote for three people on day one?

At least you were already under massive suspicion when I possessed you. I feel bad for Nick - though his power came in very handy for helping achieve my major victory.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:02 AM   #4770
Danny
Head Coach

It would almost be fun if this was a practice game with the real one coming up in a few weeks .
Old 10-21-2008, 03:14 AM   #4771
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
At least you were already under massive suspicion when I possessed you. I feel bad for Nick - though his power came in very handy for helping achieve my major victory.

You got screwed for powers when you took me over at least so I had some sort of revenge that way. Well, unless you used my create-a-power when you got mu char. I had it setup so I could use it the night after you posessed me which would have been the first day I could have really taken the time to post and read up on what was going on. Your timing really sucked.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:19 AM   #4772
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
You got screwed for powers when you took me over at least so I had some sort of revenge that way. Well, unless you used my create-a-power when you got mu char. I had it setup so I could use it the night after you posessed me which would have been the first day I could have really taken the time to post and read up on what was going on. Your timing really sucked.

It was temporary. I was hoping for some sweet werewolf unstoppable mauling attack, but alas, I only struck gold with Nick.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:25 AM   #4773
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
It's funny because it wasn't counter-productive at all. I was trying to help at the end, just no one trusted me. I understand why you wouldn't, and my role was meant to cause confusion, but I was trying to assist.

I'll have to take your word for what was happening at the end as I'd given up reading by then because screaming "Kill Alan, you fools!" at the computer screen was starting to take its toll on my vocal chords and getting me some odd looks at work.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:15 AM   #4774
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Once Doom took over I began to think of it as people that Doom had cleared. I was duped. It happens.

I had been thinking about how to use the Voting ability for a few days, wondering how to get it in play.

In the end, I would have done it again. I had to trust someone, I just chose poorly. I needed this game to be over, anyhow. Trying to play this while working and coaching youth football has been an absolute pain. I could feel it dragging me away from things I really needed to get done and I wasn't very happy about it.

I hope no one was upset at the nicknames I gave you as the Punisher. Having only played the game (which I use as a release, believe it or not, from football coaching), it seemed like something he might do if he had to converse with people constantly.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:17 AM   #4775
Poli
FOFC Survivor

FTR, I really hated that grenade power. I've said that before though.

I don't like the idea of players being possessed...at least for that long.

I hated the idea of being forced to bodyguard and not use a special power. Same for going on a mission or using a power. I thought that was very detrimental to the villagers.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:18 AM   #4776
Poli
FOFC Survivor

And by the way, I'm blaming my last two losses on hoopsguy and tyrith. I hadn't lost a football game in four weeks before this started. Now I've lost two in a row.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:59 AM   #4777
spleen1015
Coordinator

One final thanks to hoops for asking me to come out of WW retirement and play. The first Marvel game was my last game. It was fun to come back and finally get to play as a wolf and work against everyone.

I don't think I am good at this, so I'm back to not playing anymore, but I had a blast with this game.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:11 AM   #4778
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
@Henry Pym

2 - Because the wolves won (it maybe have been by some certain number) they got to kill a villager on the mission of their choice. If the village had won (or won by a similar measure) they would have gotten a wolf. That mission was IMPORTANT, and not having good info on it really, really hurt the village.

On the missions as a whole there were several abilities the village had access to in order to clarify what you needed to do. Firebird had a repeatable ability to learn info about the next mission which went unused; this was something I complained about incessantly to hoops :P Gambit had a once per game to the same effect, and Surfer and Vision both had abilities that could tell you about what had happened on past missions. Underutilization of information abilities = loss.

Kind of makes my point about their being too many missions overall. Looks like we had lots of information gathering powers at hand, but were unable to use them early on. And yeah we villagers, myself included, blew it on the Egypt mission. Though given the amount of energy the rebels put into it, I'm not sure we could have matched it.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:11 AM   #4779
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Pass I really wish you'd have used your witchy powers on the rebel mission on day three. Not doing it pretty much convinced me that you were bad.

This was another pretty major "win" for the wolves, as Pass spent 18 energy to increase the energy expended on the mission by 150%. The villagers would have won this mission, killed a wolf, and dispersed the energy of Khonshu up among the wolves (eliminating the recharge). Since the wolves used a lot of energy to win that mission, there would only have been about 20 or so to disperse among 3 wolves (one would have died). Which would have made night kills really tough for them by about Night 6-7.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:12 AM   #4780
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
It would almost be fun if this was a practice game with the real one coming up in a few weeks .

If someone else is running it I'm very, very in I'll be happy to send along all my notes ...
Old 10-21-2008, 06:14 AM   #4781
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

1.) Had to figure out he was in the game
2.) Had to kill him on the astral plane. No one had that power natively, but it would have been a cheap create-a-power for a number of mental or science characters. Magneto requested it late, but didn't have enough time to use it.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:17 AM   #4782
Thomkal
Head Coach

Kinda think I have to apologize to Quicksilver given Mr. Fantastic turning out to be a wolf. It certainly was in tune with Quicksilver's impulsive and rash nature, but it came at the absolute worse time for the village where we finally had a lead on the rebels. Gave the wolves an easy lynch target and could have saved Beast with all the people jumping off him I think.

So good hunch in thinking Mr. Fantastic was evil, but bad timing on your part.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:19 AM   #4783
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Kind of makes my point about their being too many missions overall. Looks like we had lots of information gathering powers at hand, but were unable to use them early on. And yeah we villagers, myself included, blew it on the Egypt mission. Though given the amount of energy the rebels put into it, I'm not sure we could have matched it.

That is why I started pulling back the Missions late in the game - to allow people to start playing werewolf again rather than sending every man, woman, and child on the missions. I'll post the details on the missions tonight, but the requirements for winning the missions were usually in the range of 10-12 points of energy. Most of the time the village was putting in 20-30 energy on the Missions, which took away from extra energy elsewhere and kept them from using specials.

A lot of that is my fault for not finding a way to communicate that to the players. But at the outset of the game I thought people would use their information-gathering powers to find out some of this stuff so it would not have to be deliverd in red type or via PMs to a key figure or two.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:26 AM   #4784
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
1.) Had to figure out he was in the game
2.) Had to kill him on the astral plane. No one had that power natively, but it would have been a cheap create-a-power for a number of mental or science characters. Magneto requested it late, but didn't have enough time to use it.

have to criticize this a bit then. By the time we found out about a potential way to kill him, were their many left who had a create a power to do it? There should have been someone with an active power from the start to kill him I think. Kinda like the Herald finder power.

Oh yeah what happened with Galactus and the Super Skrull there? Did the Herald have something to do with that or just an in game event that would happen if the Herald hunter revealed himself?
Old 10-21-2008, 06:32 AM   #4785
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
That is why I started pulling back the Missions late in the game - to allow people to start playing werewolf again rather than sending every man, woman, and child on the missions. I'll post the details on the missions tonight, but the requirements for winning the missions were usually in the range of 10-12 points of energy. Most of the time the village was putting in 20-30 energy on the Missions, which took away from extra energy elsewhere and kept them from using specials.

A lot of that is my fault for not finding a way to communicate that to the players. But at the outset of the game I thought people would use their information-gathering powers to find out some of this stuff so it would not have to be deliverd in red type or via PMs to a key figure or two.

I just felt the missions were all-important to the village to win, so we were kind of obligated to go on them regardless of Doom's ordering us. There should probably be a mechanic to either use a power at night at an extra energy cost if they went on a mission and/or one power we could use freely at night if we had gone on a mission.

I was only able to use one power before I died so that kinda sucked. Of course one of them relied on Vision having to die, which I have to admit I was hoping would happen, lol.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:33 AM   #4786
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
The anonymity was fantastic. It's a whole new group that way.
I actually didn't like it! I spent too much time trying to type well... and I didn't say alot of things I normally would, and it took me out of the game. I think if this was done again, I would be like heinze and just play as myslef, and to hell with annonimity.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:37 AM   #4787
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
FTR, I really hated that grenade power. I've said that before though.

I don't like the idea of players being possessed...at least for that long.

I hated the idea of being forced to bodyguard and not use a special power. Same for going on a mission or using a power. I thought that was very detrimental to the villagers.

I dont like the ordering to guard power either!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 06:38 AM   #4788
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Kinda think I have to apologize to Quicksilver given Mr. Fantastic turning out to be a wolf. It certainly was in tune with Quicksilver's impulsive and rash nature, but it came at the absolute worse time for the village where we finally had a lead on the rebels. Gave the wolves an easy lynch target and could have saved Beast with all the people jumping off him I think.

So good hunch in thinking Mr. Fantastic was evil, but bad timing on your part.
should be used to that from me

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 06:40 AM   #4789
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, my comments. Its hard to play in role playing games where you know nothing about the roll, and it can get frustrating when people start calling people by their real names, and not the character names (I have no idea who Dr Richards may be, IE). I think this could be way cool if it was something you know about, but not being a comic fan, it was VERY confusing. That being said, Ill probably play in the next one, but im gonna draw from my very limited comic experince to pick next time.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 06:45 AM   #4790
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
have to criticize this a bit then. By the time we found out about a potential way to kill him, were their many left who had a create a power to do it? There should have been someone with an active power from the start to kill him I think. Kinda like the Herald finder power.

Oh yeah what happened with Galactus and the Super Skrull there? Did the Herald have something to do with that or just an in game event that would happen if the Herald hunter revealed himself?

People started putting Shadow King's name in the thread by Night 3, after Nightcrawler was dead. At that point there were plenty of people who could have pursued this. However, the talk about Shadow King didn't really generate any momentum until NickFury got his body back. By that point, there were considerably fewer left in the game that felt incented to get Shadow King out of the game.

SuperSkrull - BrianD was interested in playing, but was heading out for a trip. So he asked if there was some way for him to have a short-timer role in the game. So I created a role that could search for the Herald each night, had win conditions tied to this activity. He was destined to blow up on Thursday because he was off to Mexico that afternoon/evening.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:09 AM   #4791
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
should be used to that from me

Heh I certainly knew it was you playing him at that point that's for sure.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:09 AM   #4792
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I was on that actually - I was asking Hoops about a way to track "whatever possessed Nightcrawler" telepathically but, unfortunately, I was killed before I got the chance to do anything about it.

And, see Pass! You cost us the game. I hope you're ashamed of yourself.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:12 AM   #4793
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

If that's the case, I don't feel SO bad about helping the Galactus Mission on Day 3. I really thought Mimic would have that rebel mission taken care of, and since I'd been up in Doom's grill for the last couple days, and getting attacked by several people, I figured I should do what Doom wanted (and by extension, a lot of others, since at that time people were attacking me 'because Doom said so').

The Shadow King did screw us in one big way at the end, though. In his attempt to possess the Vision that day, he used up my action for the day. I didn't realize that would happen, and I didn't realize how necessary an action from me would have been that day -- at the least, I would have been able to guard the Vision.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:13 AM   #4794
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I was on that actually - I was asking Hoops about a way to track "whatever possessed Nightcrawler" telepathically but, unfortunately, I was killed before I got the chance to do anything about it.

And, see Pass! You cost us the game. I hope you're ashamed of yourself.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here, but yeah, I probably cost us the game several times over!
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:14 AM   #4795
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
People started putting Shadow King's name in the thread by Night 3, after Nightcrawler was dead. At that point there were plenty of people who could have pursued this. However, the talk about Shadow King didn't really generate any momentum until NickFury got his body back. By that point, there were considerably fewer left in the game that felt incented to get Shadow King out of the game.

SuperSkrull - BrianD was interested in playing, but was heading out for a trip. So he asked if there was some way for him to have a short-timer role in the game. So I created a role that could search for the Herald each night, had win conditions tied to this activity. He was destined to blow up on Thursday because he was off to Mexico that afternoon/evening.

But why would you use your precious create a power on someone that turned out to be a neutral, and was apparantly willing to help the village after meeting his goal? Our job was to destroy the rebels to win the game not kill the Shadow King. So why use a create a power for him?

SuperSkrull being killed by Galactus was another great Wow! moment in the game by the way.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:19 AM   #4796
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I'm not sure what you're referring to here, but yeah, I probably cost us the game several times over!

I'm referring to the whole, oh you know, letting me get killed thing.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:39 AM   #4797
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I thought my character was spot on in the creation of her. If I had reread my description and noticed that I was not supposed to know the name of my killer, then I would have pm'd hoops, verified the mistake, and not have exposed him in the thread.

Still, I had a fun game. Thanks all!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:41 AM   #4798
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hoops, I really enjoyed my character. In fact, a couple of us even sat through the dreadful film during one of our AIM sessions. But all in all, Ghost Rider was a great character to be. And, if I killed you, I'm probably sorry.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:48 AM   #4799
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
Ok, my comments. Its hard to play in role playing games where you know nothing about the roll, and it can get frustrating when people start calling people by their real names, and not the character names (I have no idea who Dr Richards may be, IE). I think this could be way cool if it was something you know about, but not being a comic fan, it was VERY confusing. That being said, Ill probably play in the next one, but im gonna draw from my very limited comic experince to pick next time.

Just so you know, you aren't alone. I was constantly asking the entire game for theme type info and for help with information regarding the marvel universe. I had never heard of most of these superheros

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:58 AM   #4800
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPym View Post
Okay all caught up now.

First off congrats and thanks to the mods for pulling this game off. I have a massive headache just thinking about all the coordinating and behind the scenes stuff you had to do-so well done! You definitely set up a great background for the game and knew a lot about the Marvel Universe to pull in for flavor.

Second congrats to the rebels on a well-played game for the most part. I had Kang, Beast, and Ghost Rider high on my suspect list early on but was fooled by Cable for most of the game due to his vote alongside mine on Beast. (at least I think that's why, been a while now). Only very late in the game where he hadn't done anything very noticeable to that point did I wonder if I got him wrong. And I bounced back and forth on Mr. Fantastic the whole game thanks to Doom making him a prelate. Had Punisher and Aardwolf and Silver Samurai on my list for a long time too. We villagers made it pretty easy for you to take control of the game many times and you certainly took advantage of most of them, so well-done.

Third, fellow villagers? Ugh. People have to stop being so dead certain they are right about a villager being a rebel without proof rather than a hunch. It got both Colussus and Silver Samurai lynched when neither of them should have been.

Fourth I had my moments of stupidity too of course. Using my ant-man shrink spy power to look at Vision on Night 1 because I needed to know if he was good or not before I used my restore life power on him. I should have been smart and looked at a prelate. And it would have been Dr. Strange that I looked at. All I saw instead was Vision quietly regenerating the whole night. Argh. Then I couldn't use my spy power (that's why I was begging to be left to my "experiments" the whole time I was alive)

Then the night of my death, another Argh! I really wanted to use my Create a Power and activate Ultron. (I nearly choked on my coffee when you brought him up Vision) Well since I hadn't been able to use my spy power since night one, I thought the village needed it more than I needed a protector. So I knew early that day I was going to use my spy power on none other than...Kang! I hadn't trusted him the whole game and really believed like some others that at least one rebel started as a prelate. Instead I viewed Nick Fury due to his reveal late that day. All I got to see was him pacing around the whole night. I thought for sure someone would take a shot at him or he would do something himself. Argh!

I asked after my death what would have happened if I activated Ultron instead-I would have been protected from the night attack and I'm guessing would have been given a clue to the identity if not the outright identity of my would be killer. After keeping my vote on Beast I really should have protected myself instead. At least you guys got the bastard Kang soon after that!

Oh and you can probably throw in my reasoning about Gambit and voting for him the first two days as pretty stupid too. Sorry Gambit

If it makes you feel any better, had you spied on me rather than spying on Nick Fury all you would have really seen would've been my foot squashing you (I was the night-killer that night, of you).
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote