Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-15-2008, 12:09 AM   #51
Jas_lov
College Starter

What was perplexing is that The Giant organized that whole backdoor of Mary and then voted for Tracy! But it was a good plan. It's usually best to blend in with the crowd though. If he starts taking over, they'll turn on him. But now he may have gained some favor with the 3 misfits because he saved them.

Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:26 AM   #52
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I think Capt. Caveman is a dope. WAY too early to start trying a powershift - it was the first frickin tribal council for crying out loud. Pissing off the guy who's clearly the smartest player isn't a good idea. And does he really think he'll be able to go back to the beach and claim "Uh, *I* didn't vote her off, dude," and think he'll get away with it?

All he accomplished IMO is plant a giant target on his back. Doesn't matter if he goes next week or the week before the final tribal, he's done being a finalist.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:34 AM   #53
Raiders Army
Coordinator

This season confirms it: I really like Jonathan. On the other hand, I thought James was smarter than he's been portrayed at this point. I knew Ozzie was a horndog, but then again with Amanda...

On the other tribe Chet seems the most annoying. He must have some hidden talents to keep him there.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:06 AM   #54
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
I think Capt. Caveman is a dope. WAY too early to start trying a powershift - it was the first frickin tribal council for crying out loud. Pissing off the guy who's clearly the smartest player isn't a good idea. And does he really think he'll be able to go back to the beach and claim "Uh, *I* didn't vote her off, dude," and think he'll get away with it?

All he accomplished IMO is plant a giant target on his back. Doesn't matter if he goes next week or the week before the final tribal, he's done being a finalist.

This is the first time I've really watched Survivor, so I don't know much about what is good strategy or not, but I totally agree with this. He's the common link between all of the people who voted for Mary, so it's coming back to him even if he voted for someone else as a cover. And at this stage in the game, a 2-person "alliance" doesn't seem like a huge advantage at all - especially when it seems based more on attraction than gameplay.

All the moron did was talk about how he wanted to take down the guy who thought he was running the show, and now he's replaced that guy with himself. HE'S now the moron who thinks he's running the show. And I'm not sure how good a player Mary was, but at this stage, I'd think it's more about keeping the team strong than worrying about power plays. That guy is as dumb as he looks.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:08 AM   #55
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post

there you have it, stupid move this early in the game. I wonder how he'll feel when mister homosexual man friend screws up another challenge and doesn't even care to run because, well, it's so tough to swim and run...

FM
Old 02-15-2008, 07:11 AM   #56
Ksyrup

I think he mistook massaging his ego for gameplay. He was mighty proud of himself for knocking the other guy down a peg, but ultimately, all he did was screw himself.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-15-2008 at 08:43 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:45 AM   #57
rkmsuf
Head Coach

love all the tits falling out of bathing suits
Old 02-15-2008, 08:07 AM   #58
Subby
lolzcat

I like the Luke Wilson celebrity-impersonator guy. I think he'll come out of this double cross just fine...ultimately though, I think the fans are toast.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:44 AM   #59
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
love all the tits falling out of bathing suits

I saw your post in the AI thread. If you're looking for tits falling out of things, I'd stick with Survivor. Better odds. You might also want to check out Paradise Hotel 2, since they are showing some nudity on the 1am airing.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:48 AM   #60
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I saw your post in the AI thread. If you're looking for tits falling out of things, I'd stick with Survivor. Better odds. You might also want to check out Paradise Hotel 2, since they are showing some nudity on the 1am airing.

who isn't looking for tits?

live idol titage would be fantastic

Last edited by rkmsuf : 02-15-2008 at 08:49 AM.
rkmsuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:07 AM   #61
Kodos
Resident Alien

If I was on the show, and somebody stepped in and wanted to be the leader -- fantastic! I am more than happy to let someone else become the target and then ambush him when the time comes.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:09 AM   #62
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
who isn't looking for tits?

live idol titage would be fantastic

I would love to see that, just for the hilarity of it. It's not like you'd get to see anything.

Remember when that soap actress lost her top on Dancing with the Stars? That was probably as good as it gets. Speaking of which, the new cast gets announced on Monday. Some of the rumored contestants make it sound like a geriatic version.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:21 PM   #63
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

I agree with the consensus that the Caveman power move was dumb, but I sure enjoyed the look on the face of the guy who thought he was in control at tribal council - priceless!
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:19 AM   #64
saldana
Pro Starter

i agree with everyone that said Joel made a bad move...the whole voting for tracy thing is actually making it even worse becasue all the people that are gonna say "well i voted mary because Joel said so" are gonna be pissed when he says "but i voted tracey"

i also think he is screwing up royally with the yelling at people routine...that wont be tolerated for very long

any thoughts as to why the favorites chose Ceri?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:32 AM   #65
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisbo View Post
I agree with the consensus that the Caveman power move was dumb, but I sure enjoyed the look on the face of the guy who thought he was in control at tribal council - priceless!

So easy a caveman could do it.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:55 PM   #66
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

I hate Cirie, period the end.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:07 PM   #67
Raiders Army
Coordinator

ditto although it's on right now for the Mountain time zone folks. I'm guessing that the favorites have to vote someone out tonight.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:17 PM   #68
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2 View Post
I hate Cirie, period the end.

She just painted a huge target on her back. I was hoping both factions of four would team up to vote her ass out. Maybe next week.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:46 PM   #69
Jas_lov
College Starter

Cirie is a bitch. Yau Man is so much better than she is. Cirie might be thinking that she can get to the final 5 and become the swing vote yet again to get to the final 3. The girls have no chance of beating James or Ozzy in a final vote though so Cirie, Pavarti, and Amanda would have to team up to vote those 2 out. Hopefully she's gone much sooner though, preferably next week.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:10 PM   #70
korme
Go Reds

Spoiler
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:20 PM   #71
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Shorty, I don't see any reason to spoiler tag that.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:26 PM   #72
Jas_lov
College Starter

The show is over and no spoiler tags are necessary unless you know something about future episodes. They should have taken out Cirie. Don't let her coast to the final 5! Hopefully James and Ozzy won't let her keep calling the shots. They just need to get rid of Eliza and then they'll have a clear 4-3 majority to take Cirie out! She shouldn't have even been invited in the first place.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:29 PM   #73
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Shorty, I don't see any reason to spoiler tag that.

Better safe than sorry. I acc. clicked this thread watchin Idol live and taping Survivor, and then clicked out quickly realizing Survivor was on... if I were to accidentally read some shit i would have been devastated! So I don't want to ruin anyone's late viewing. heh.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:36 PM   #74
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
The show is over and no spoiler tags are necessary unless you know something about future episodes. They should have taken out Cirie. Don't let her coast to the final 5! Hopefully James and Ozzy won't let her keep calling the shots. They just need to get rid of Eliza and then they'll have a clear 4-3 majority to take Cirie out! She shouldn't have even been invited in the first place.

I'm guessing they probably wanted to get the five most memorable post all-stars women (excluding Stephenie since she already placed twice). I heard they offered Amanda's spot to both Courtney and PG before they finally offered it to Amanda so I don't they think they were trying to get the best five males and best five females.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:09 PM   #75
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
She just painted a huge target on her back. I was hoping both factions of four would team up to vote her ass out. Maybe next week.

tru dat. I don't know why she got so greedy.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:06 PM   #76
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Wow, through three weeks this is an incredible season. Hope it keeps up. Jonathan is just absolutely great television. Jonathan types never actually win Survivor (Todd was probably the closest but he wasn't this combative)... but I'm really hoping he at least goes deep in the game. Doesn't look great at the moment though.

But man, never seen this much hard-core gameplay so early in the season. Jonathan vs. the newly evil Cirie 2.0. Great stuff. Just too bad poor Yau-Man had to go down as the innocent victim of the crossfire.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:10 PM   #77
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Cirie is a bitch. Yau Man is so much better than she is. Cirie might be thinking that she can get to the final 5 and become the swing vote yet again to get to the final 3. The girls have no chance of beating James or Ozzy in a final vote though so Cirie, Pavarti, and Amanda would have to team up to vote those 2 out. Hopefully she's gone much sooner though, preferably next week.

She put a target on herself, but she was the only one in the group that ended up voting for Yau-man tht made any sense. Yau-man has shown he's a person you can't overlook and exactly the type of person you need to get rid of early on.

One of the things that a lot of Survivor fans end up doing is complaining that so and so should be taken out early on or they're going to win it. It happens eveyr season. She did exactly what someone in her position should have done and took Yau-man out. There's probably not a person on either team that could beat him in the end, so I give her a ton of credit for recognizing a threat and taking him out before its too late. Unfortunately, the alliance she's with is full of idiots that wanted to take Eliza out when they could just as easily take her out at the next tribal council.

Whoever ends up winning should send a thank you note to Cire after its all over.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:11 PM   #78
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
Better safe than sorry. I acc. clicked this thread watchin Idol live and taping Survivor, and then clicked out quickly realizing Survivor was on... if I were to accidentally read some shit i would have been devastated! So I don't want to ruin anyone's late viewing. heh.

Us West Coasters thank you for the spoiler tag.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:16 PM   #79
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
One of the things that a lot of Survivor fans end up doing is complaining that so and so should be taken out early on or they're going to win it. It happens eveyr season. She did exactly what someone in her position should have done and took Yau-man out.

I dunno, Survivor history hints that it's really not a good idea to let a showmance pair hang around for too long. When there's TWO showmances, I would argue that that is a threat much larger than Yau-Man, and should be dealt with ASAP. Especially if one of them (Parvati) gives you nothing in the challenges.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:21 PM   #80
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
I dunno, Survivor history hints that it's really not a good idea to let a showmance pair hang around for too long. When there's TWO showmances, I would argue that that is a threat much larger than Yau-Man, and should be dealt with ASAP. Especially if one of them (Parvati) gives you nothing in the challenges.

Thats absolutely true, thats why I believe getting rid of Mary last week was actually a good move. Cutting Mikey off at the knees before he took control was brilliant, the excecution by Joel wasn't so brilliant.

Cire decided that she couldn't trust Jonathan and Yau-man and if thats the way she felt, then I can see her siding with the other group. Once that was done, Yau-man was the only logical choice to vote off from the other group. Eliza can go at any time. Jonathan's bluntness keeps him from being a real threat.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:30 PM   #81
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Eliza can go at any time.

I suppose so, but it seems to me this would have been a good time -- in the team portion of the game, with Eliza being useless in challenges and Yau-Man being pretty good. It's funny how tribes differ in this respect. Some seasons you really see the hardcore "vote out the weakest for the team," and other seasons are extremely individually-oriented from day one. This season we've seen the latter on both sides. It does make for much better television in the pre-jury phase, at least.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:49 PM   #82
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post

Exactly. One of those two couples is going to Rob and Amber their way to the top. Jonathan knew it. James was right about his group being dumbasses and Cirie is the biggest one, literally.

You can just as easily get Yau Man out the next week too. You've got the numbers anyway. Keep Yau Man, get rid of Eliza. You keep people like Jonathan and Yau Man for the challenges, get rid of Eliza then Cirie, and remain strong. After you cut the weaklinks, you cut Yau Man and Jonathan before the merge so they don't conspire against you later on. You've lost 2/3 immunity challenges to a team that has just four good competitors and five misfits so you need all the strength in the challenges that you can get.

Last edited by Jas_lov : 02-21-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:32 AM   #83
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Here's the flaw in voting Yau-Man out last night: why would you ever, ever send him to Exile Island? You have the power to not send him if you win and the other team would just as likely not send him. As said above, he's surprisingly good in challenges.

I think Cirie thought she could become the power player by being the swing vote so she made Ozzy and James vote her way. I think that she thought that she could trust Parvati and Amanda (stupid of her to think that) since they gave her their word. Remember that she tried to get that out of Jonathan and he just wouldn't commit. She asked him if he would vote Yau-Man out before her and he wouldn't answer her.

She saw Yau-Man and Jonathan being a team, like the other couples. I can see why she would want to break up that pair and establish her power base with the foursome.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #84
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Things never work out when people start "getting real" with each other on Survivor. They will fracture and die.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #85
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Exactly. One of those two couples is going to Rob and Amber their way to the top. Jonathan knew it. James was right about his group being dumbasses and Cirie is the biggest one, literally.

You can just as easily get Yau Man out the next week too. You've got the numbers anyway. Keep Yau Man, get rid of Eliza. You keep people like Jonathan and Yau Man for the challenges, get rid of Eliza then Cirie, and remain strong. After you cut the weaklinks, you cut Yau Man and Jonathan before the merge so they don't conspire against you later on. You've lost 2/3 immunity challenges to a team that has just four good competitors and five misfits so you need all the strength in the challenges that you can get.

James is a moron. He's totally being played by Parvati. If they both go far, she will backstab him. There's really only one couple right now and that's Ozzy and Amanda.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:46 AM   #86
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
James is a moron. He's totally being played by Parvati. If they both go far, she will backstab him. There's really only one couple right now and that's Ozzy and Amanda.

And this is what Cirie is banking on. She thinks that the girls will turn on their boy toys in the final 5 because neither of them will beat Ozzy or James. Pavarti and Amanda may think this as well and paint Cirie as a tag along in the final 3 tribal. Nobody in their right mind would ever think that Cirie is the ultimate survivor, so Pavarti and Amanda would duke it out for the million. Maybe they conspire to get rid of the guys earlier, but for now I think that's the plan and I'm sticking to it until next week.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:33 PM   #87
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Spoiler

This is not a spoiler if you have seen the preview for next week.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:37 PM   #88
Jas_lov
College Starter

Well just when you thought the Fans couldn't get any dumber, they go and vote out one of their few competent players.

And just when you thought Ozzy couldn't get any more awesome, he goes and dominates another water challenge and finds the immunity idol with ease. And I really hope some idiot plays that fake idol.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:41 PM   #89
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Spoiler

This is not a spoiler if you have seen the preview for next week.

Spoiler
Old 02-28-2008, 08:44 PM   #90
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Well just when you thought the Fans couldn't get any dumber, they go and vote out one of their few competent players.

And just when you thought Ozzy couldn't get any more awesome, he goes and dominates another water challenge and finds the immunity idol with ease. And I really hope some idiot plays that fake idol.

I thought the scene with Ozzy was interesting because I don't remember seeing a congratulations note with the idle. Isn't there usually some sort of note included with it?
Old 02-28-2008, 09:05 PM   #91
korme
Go Reds

Ok, Big Bad Beefcake might be the dumbest Survivor of all-time. How easily can one man be persuaded? What a fool. Now he MUST go next time, he's too much of a loose cannon. Which means that's another week with the Weak Trio staying... that's ridiculous.

BTW, glad glad glad someone deserving like Oz secured the Idol.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:07 PM   #92
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok, Big Bad Beefcake might be the dumbest Survivor of all-time. How easily can one man be persuaded? What a fool. Now he MUST go next time, he's too much of a loose cannon. Which means that's another week with the Weak Trio staying... that's ridiculous.

BTW, glad glad glad someone deserving like Oz secured the Idol.

That tribe was screwed from the start. They have 2 of the weakest players in the show's history and they're playing against an experienced tribe. On top of that Mikey started making obvious power moves early on which forced the other player's hands.

Dumb move by Mikey at the start.

Dumb move by Joel to vote him off.

Dumb move putting these two tribes against each other.

Like I said, dumb for Joel to vote Mikey off, but Mikey has no one to thank for it but himself. He made two obvious mistakes in trying to present himself as the alpha male at the start and then openly showing he had a thing for Mary.

Stupidity all around.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:52 PM   #93
Daimyo
College Starter

Quote:
...good players like James, Amanda, and Ozzy...
Why is Amanda considered a good player? She played a horrible game in China. She made it to the end, but did so in a way that made it impossible for her to actually win. Todd played her like a fiddle the whole game.

She seems to have learned and so far isn't making the same mistakes, but at the same time she seems completely outclassed in her tribe.

Last edited by Daimyo : 02-29-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:54 PM   #94
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok, Big Bad Beefcake

Did Shorty just out himself?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:56 PM   #95
Daimyo
College Starter

DOLA, is it just me or is James a different person this time out? He was great last season, but this one he seems to be pretty annoying and smug. Has he come out of his shell or was he always this way and it was hidden before by editing?
Old 02-29-2008, 12:30 AM   #96
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo View Post
Why is Amanda considered a good player? She played a horrible game in China. She made it to the end, but did so in a way that made it impossible for her to actually win. Todd played her like a fiddle the whole game.

She seems to have learned and so far isn't making the same mistakes, but at the same time she seems completely outclassed in her tribe.

First of all, she should have won in China. She didn't play a horrible game. She made one big mistake and that was not getting rid of Todd before the final 3. She also couldn't construct very good arguments at the final jury vote. Todd out argued her big time. Amanda is a tough physical competitor for a chick and she is one of the few players on there who have made it all the way to the finals.

And by good players, I also mean good to watch as well as game play. Ozzy, James, and Amanda are my favorite people to watch on this show and I'm sure others agree. I'd hate to see them go while people who treat the game like a day at the beach get to stay.

And shame on you for taking something that I said in a spoiler and pulling it out into the open. Please read the thread title which says that spoilers are possible, not welcomed.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:16 AM   #97
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Actually Amanda was the one responsible for getting people to vote James out while keeping him in the dark about it. She actually played pretty well from that point on until the tribal council where she was abysmal.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:19 AM   #98
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
DOLA, is it just me or is James a different person this time out? He was great last season, but this one he seems to be pretty annoying and smug. Has he come out of his shell or was he always this way and it was hidden before by editing?

He did show a bit of this last season with the weaker people and when he got moved over to the other tribe. I thought it was pretty funny though that he was the one to figure out the word scramble.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:23 AM   #99
Thomkal
Head Coach

The Fans are doomed, well they were at least until the preview for next week. Kudos to Tracy though for the power move to save someone who should have been gone from the first vote because she needed him given the numbers in the tribe. A big thumb down to Joel and the others who fell for her "logic." I think if Joel was not in this game, neither Mary nor Mikey would be gone from this tribe right now.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:49 AM   #100
Daimyo
College Starter

Quote:
First of all, she should have won in China. She didn't play a horrible game. She made one big mistake and that was not getting rid of Todd before the final 3. She also couldn't construct very good arguments at the final jury vote. Todd out argued her big time. Amanda is a tough physical competitor for a chick and she is one of the few players on there who have made it all the way to the finals.
She would have lost to any of the final five in the jury vote. Not eliminating Todd was her largest mistake, but it wouldn't have really mattered. Todd played her in such a way that she did all his dirty work for him. By the end everyone on the jury disliked her.

Quote:
And shame on you for taking something that I said in a spoiler and pulling it out into the open. Please read the thread title which says that spoilers are possible, not welcomed.
Read what I quoted and tell me how it was a spoiler. I removed almost all of it down to a single line of text where you called three players good. Knowing who think is good gives no information that could possible spoil anything. Please explain to me how that is a spoiler and I'll consider feeling shameful.

Last edited by Daimyo : 02-29-2008 at 07:51 AM.