Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-07-2008, 12:19 AM   #1
Jas_lov
College Starter

THE OFFICIAL SURVIVOR: MICRONESIA THREAD!!! (SPOILERS POSSIBLE, NOT WELCOMED!)

I did not see a thread on this yet, so I decided to start my first thread ever in my seven and a half years of existence here on FOFC. For this very special Survivor season, which starts tonight, we have Fans vs. Favorites! 10 ordinary schmoes(or paid hollywood recruits) vs. 10 experienced survivors from past seasons. I've taken the liberty of breaking down the field since I'm a loser and have no life.

For the Fans we have...

Alexis- Looks pretty cute and she's a sports junkie!
Chet- Probably a loser.
Erik- Shaun White's long lost brother.
Jason- He might be fairly interesting.
Joel- This guy's a firefighter so watch out for him.
Kathleen- Bleh.
Mary- Finally something worth looking at.
Natalie- Gross.
Tracy- Old, but looks pretty good.
Mikey- Looks like a douchebag.

For the Favorites we have...

Ozzy- Awesome.
Yau Man- Even more Awesome.
Pavarti- Meh.
Jonathan- Interesting character.
Johnny Fairplay- Stupid pick. He'll be the 1st one gone.
James- Village idiot.
Eliza- Don't even recognize her.
Cirie- Couldn't they get better people for this?
Ami- Who?
Amanda- So hot. Looks like she got a breast enhancement, or it's just an old pic.

Should be a great season but people like Ozzy, James, Johnny, and Yau Man are easy pickings early on so it might suck. Actually, I'm not gonna lie to you. This season is probably gonna suck pretty bad. Can't be any worse than last season though with Denise and Courtney getting to the final 4. What a joke that was, am I right or am I right?

Last edited by Jas_lov : 02-09-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:37 AM   #2
wade moore
lolzcat

Glad you said something. My biggest annoyance with Survivor is that they freakin technically change the name of the show every season so I have to re-program TiVO. I missed the first episode last season because of that crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:43 AM   #3
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I'll be watching...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:21 AM   #4
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Parvati is the hotness
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:51 AM   #5
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Jas_lov = jbmagic.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:51 AM   #6
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Should be a great season but people like Ozzy, James, Johnny, and Yau Man are easy pickings early on so it might suck. Actually, I'm not gonna lie to you. This season is probably gonna suck pretty bad. Can't be any worse than last season though with Denise and Courtney getting to the final 4. What a joke that was, am I right or am I right?

I thought last season was pretty fun to watch actually. Todd and Amanda were big time gamers and Courtney and James were very entertaining.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:03 PM   #7
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I thought last season was pretty fun to watch actually. Todd and Amanda were big time gamers and Courtney and James were very entertaining.

It was ok I guess, but there weren't very many good players. Amanda was good until the final 4 where she blew it. Courtney was just a tag along. James was entertaining, but he was an idiot. Denise was just taking up space. This season should be better with some of the favorites they got like Yau Man and Ozzy plus Amanda and James from last season.

And I'm not jbmagic. That guy couldn't even write a complete sentence.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:45 PM   #8
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

LAst season was just so/so.

I am curious how things will work out early on with the favorites tribe. I think they will initialy have the advantage since they will know better how to pace themselves, I just wonder if any of them are going to be too cocky at first.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:12 PM   #9
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

One of the biggest mistakes that players often make is to have a pre-set strategy. To win the game, you have to have a flexible strategy based on the players in the game.

I'll also be interested to see if alliances fall in a male vs. female alignment or a fans vs. regulars alignment. Generally, it's a male vs. female alignment.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:14 PM   #10
wade moore
lolzcat

It's all about the alliances for the "favorites". Do the Ozzy's and James's of the world work together figuring they'll fight it out at the end, or do the "strong" players split up trying to take each other out? You really can't make any guesses how it goes without seeing how the alliances start to fall.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 02-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #11
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
It's all about the alliances for the "favorites". Do the Ozzy's and James's of the world work together figuring they'll fight it out at the end, or do the "strong" players split up trying to take each other out? You really can't make any guesses how it goes without seeing how the alliances start to fall.

I think there's too many strong-willed people amongst the returning favorites. I'd expect them to butt heads quite a bit and try to bring in some of the fans to build an alliance to knock out the other favorites.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:16 PM   #12
korme
Go Reds

Umm... sorry thread title... but... spoilers are strongly unwelcome. Why would anyone thoroughly enjoy a spoiler?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:19 PM   #13
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
Umm... sorry thread title... but... spoilers are strongly unwelcome. Why would anyone thoroughly enjoy a spoiler?

+1. And if you must post spoilers or something that could be considered spoilerish, please use the spoiler tag.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:00 PM   #14
korme
Go Reds

Ozzy/James is like the greatest combo ever
Old 02-07-2008, 05:02 PM   #15
Jas_lov
College Starter

By spoilers I mean talking about the show once it's over. For instance, if your wife makes you watch the SAG awards instead so you TIVO Survivor and haven't seen the most recent episode yet, DON'T COME IN THE DAMN THREAD! I think that's common sense, but someone always gets pissed off about it. We're going to be talking about the show, so stay out if you aren't caught up with the most recent episode.

Now if you know something about a future episode, then I agree, put it in a spoiler tag.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #16
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Jas_lov = jbmagic.

Thankfully jb wasn't a Packer fan, or I might believe you and go bang my head against the wall until I don't remember being a Packer fan.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:16 PM   #17
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
By spoilers I mean talking about the show once it's over. For instance, if your wife makes you watch the SAG awards instead so you TIVO Survivor and haven't seen the most recent episode yet, DON'T COME IN THE DAMN THREAD! I think that's common sense, but someone always gets pissed off about it. We're going to be talking about the show, so stay out if you aren't caught up with the most recent episode.

Now if you know something about a future episode, then I agree, put it in a spoiler tag.

I guess I'm ok with that logic.

This thread may continue.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:06 PM   #18
saldana
Pro Starter

last season i almost quit watching the show when the twist came in that had aaron and james switched to the shitty tribe....i will be equally as pissed if, halfway through this game, they suddenly redraft the tribes so some of the fans are on the same team with the favs....up until the merge that is.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:27 PM   #19
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
And I'm not jbmagic. That guy couldn't even write a complete sentence.

Best part of the thread so far.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:13 PM   #20
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
last season i almost quit watching the show when the twist came in that had aaron and james switched to the shitty tribe....i will be equally as pissed if, halfway through this game, they suddenly redraft the tribes so some of the fans are on the same team with the favs....up until the merge that is.

I will be shocked if they don't mix up the tribes at some point before the merge.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:14 PM   #21
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
I guess I'm ok with that logic.

This thread may continue.

+1
Old 02-07-2008, 07:20 PM   #22
saldana
Pro Starter

what a great start...that was freaking awesome!!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 07:57 PM   #23
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

That Fairplay guy is a knob. Though after hearing about his woman on Stern this morning I can understand why he wanted to go. A month later, when she was 8 months pregnant, they had a three-some.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #24
Jas_lov
College Starter

Good 1st episode. I correctly predicted Fairplay would be the first one gone. It was stupid to even bring him on the show in the first place and he won't be missed. The best part of the episode was when Yau Man shoved Fairplay's head into the boat and captured the immunity idol. Ozzy is a good player, but he needs to keep his head on straight and not get too distracted by the scenery.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:55 PM   #25
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Good 1st episode. I correctly predicted Fairplay would be the first one gone. It was stupid to even bring him on the show in the first place and he won't be missed. The best part of the episode was when Yau Man shoved Fairplay's head into the boat and captured the immunity idol. Ozzy is a good player, but he needs to keep his head on straight and not get too distracted by the scenery.

Yau-Man shoving Fairplay was the best.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #26
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yau-Man shoving Fairplay was the best.

that is what i was refering to above...totally made my night
Old 02-07-2008, 09:22 PM   #27
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I correctly predicted Fairplay would be the first one gone. It was stupid to even bring him on the show in the first place and he won't be missed.

The interesting thing is that both of the alliances seemed to really want him in their alliance and that no one was looking to vote him out out of the tribe until he basically asked to be voted out of the tribe.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:45 PM   #28
Jas_lov
College Starter

Exactly. He's an idiot. Goes all the way out there and 3 days later he decides to go home. What a waste of a favorite contestant. It could have been interesting had he gone further and kept manipulating people. I thought he'd be the 1st one gone, but didn't expect it'd be on his own accord.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:16 PM   #29
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

"Is gay okay, or homosexual?"

"I've never been friend with a homosexual man before"

"I'd never seen implants before"

"well, not up close"

That lady is an absolute fruitcake

FM
Old 02-07-2008, 11:42 PM   #30
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I was dissapointed to see Jonny go. He makes it entertaining. I would much rather see the very unwatchable Eliza go.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:26 AM   #31
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Good ep last night and I was glad the fans won the challenge. I was really thinking that the favorites would have a big advantage over the fans since none of the fans had ever been there before. There's a big difference between watching something on TV and actually doing it.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:28 AM   #32
Easy Mac

I'm saddened that Amanda is:

A) not needing her ass blurred out
B) Screwing Ozzie
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:31 AM   #33
Kodos
Resident Alien

Nice to get rid of Fairplay early. What a flake. Jeff looked shocked when he asked for a hug, since there is bad blood between the two.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:46 AM   #34
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I had never heard of this Fairplay dude until I saw this. I guess Danny was right?

&ampnbsp
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:54 AM   #35
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Is Micronesia anywhere near Absentia?
Old 02-08-2008, 09:07 AM   #36
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It's in the capitol of the Land of Porcupine Trees.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:54 AM   #37
Thomkal
Head Coach

Glad that scumball is gone, and glad Yau-Man shoved him into the boat and got the immunity idol from him. One of my favorite Survivor moments ever.

Not surprised the fans won really-they were really up for that first challenge while Eliza (ouch that had to hurt) seemed to be the only one really up for it with the favorites.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:58 AM   #38
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I had never heard of this Fairplay dude until I saw this. I guess Danny was right?

&ampnbsp

Yes, and you get to see his new choppers. Or did get a chance, because he's not only a douche, but a pussy as well.

CAn't believe he quit.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #39
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Glad that scumball is gone, and glad Yau-Man shoved him into the boat and got the immunity idol from him. One of my favorite Survivor moments ever.

Not surprised the fans won really-they were really up for that first challenge while Eliza (ouch that had to hurt) seemed to be the only one really up for it with the favorites.

she may have seemed up for it, but did she actually do anything? i think Eliza is about as useful as a proof reading service from JBMagic.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:49 PM   #40
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
I'm saddened that Amanda is:

A) not needing her ass blurred out
B) Screwing Ozzie

C) Got fake boobs

Quote:
Old 02-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #41
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
By spoilers I mean talking about the show once it's over.
Considering how easy it is to find real spoilers (i.e. find out who wins two months before the final episode airs), and how eager some people are to post that information as soon as they find it, maybe a subject edit would be a good idea.

As far as episode one, I think it's pretty clear that Fairplay had no intention of actually playing the game. He was there to remind the D-list celebrity world that he exists, and was obviously hoping to change his image to reformed family man for a shot at another 15 minutes. Of course, he wasn't even a good enough actor to pull it off convincingly. Good riddance.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #42
Jas_lov
College Starter

I'd change the title if I could, but I don't have that power for some reason. Anyway, I think people will realize that I was just talking about being able to speak freely regarding the most recent show. Someone always complains about it so that's what I meant. If you know something about who wins or a big secret about a future show, use the spoilers tags or you'll have to deal with me.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:01 PM   #43
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Jas- Go to edit on the first post then advanced, then you can change it from there
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #44
Jas_lov
College Starter

It's done. Thanks Lathum. Spoilers are now possible, not welcomed.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:40 PM   #45
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

MAYBE KILLING THE ALL-CAPS APPROACH WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TOO...

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:38 PM   #46
Racer
College Benchwarmer

A little bit of a threadjack here. I watched the Pearl Islands episodes online (had never seen that season before) and I must say Lillian is probably the most annoying Survivor of any of the seasons I've ever seen.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:14 AM   #47
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
A little bit of a threadjack here. I watched the Pearl Islands episodes online (had never seen that season before) and I must say Lillian is probably the most annoying Survivor of any of the seasons I've ever seen.

was she the chick in the boy scout uniform the whole time? i wanted to kill her every week.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:49 AM   #48
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
was she the chick in the boy scout uniform the whole time? i wanted to kill her every week.

Yes, and she was pathetic. One of the worst, if not the worst, final two.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:32 AM   #49
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Yes, and she was pathetic. One of the worst, if not the worst, final two.

she was an embarassment to the Boy Scouts...she didnt know how to do a single thing that I consider elementary scouting, and she was annoying as hell. easily my most hated player ever.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:55 PM   #50
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Whoa, the big dude has a brain.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote