Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-23-2023, 02:05 PM   #2201
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, if you’re gonna do something screwy like that at the end of a playoff game, it had better work, or you look like a real moron.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 05:38 PM   #2202
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That’s a great way to (likely) end Zeke’s career in a cowboy uniform
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 07:42 AM   #2203
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Thomas Brown is interviewing for several vacant head coaching jobs. It is weird for a kid I watched play high-school football to possibly become a head coach. But then, if he does every-time he wins we can say "that kid coach so good...."
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 02:32 PM   #2204
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Aren’t all these head coaching vacancies typically filled by now?
Old 01-24-2023, 03:12 PM   #2205
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I imagine the Sean Payton situation (having to negotiate compensation from the Saints if a team wants to hire him) is complicating things for a lot of teams. Once he either signs with a team or indicates he is not coaching next year, I think the other Dominos will fall quickly. Also, I think teams have to wait until after next week to interview assistant coaches for teams in the championship games.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 03:30 PM   #2206
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

Well, he interviewed for the Texans HC job ... but the story this week is that he's interviewing for the OC spot with the Chargers and Washington.
Old 01-24-2023, 03:59 PM   #2207
henry296
College Starter

Looking back to last year the first wave of hiring were the end of this week on the 27th.
Old 01-24-2023, 04:23 PM   #2208
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:

Not only do you have Payton in the mix but remember the season is one week later. Right now last year we already had the SB teams set which freed up even more assistants earlier for interviews.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 07:22 AM   #2209
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I might have miscalculated, but I think that I went 4-2 the first week and 2-2 last week for a total of 6-4 so far. Basically breaking even considering vig, etc. For me, that's amazing. I'm really bad at picking games.

Quik is right that there's a great slate of games this week on paper. Four teams that are SB-worthy in my opinion.

Eagles (-2.5) over 49ers I am super high on the 49ers. They are a very talented team. But we've been overlooking the Eagles all season. They aren't getting the respect that a #1 seed tends to get. I think that they are talented and well coached and playing at home, and I'll pick them to cover the less-than-a-field-goal spread.

Bengals (-1.5) over Chiefs I have no idea why the Bengals are favored here. My immediate instinct was to say that the Chiefs getting points at home is a no-brainer. But then I remembered that no-brainers are how they build those big fountains out in the desert. And, since this isn't real money, I'm going with my heart here. With all of the ex-Saints and LSU players, Cinci is basically Louisiana north for me. So I'll bet on them and root for them. And if Mahomes makes me look foolish, then I won't be the first guy he's done that to.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 01-25-2023 at 07:22 AM.
Old 01-25-2023, 08:02 AM   #2210
Kodos
Resident Alien

I just hope Mahomes's ankle doesn't limit him too much. Twisted ankles are a bitch.
Old 01-25-2023, 09:20 AM   #2211
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This Demar Hamlin is an imposter shit needs to end
Old 01-25-2023, 10:06 AM   #2212
QuikSand
lolzcat

I formally move that we replace "LOL Jets" with "LOL Colts" for the foreseeable future.
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 11:01 AM   #2213
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post

I formally move that we replace "LOL Jets" with "LOL Colts" for the foreseeable future.

Old 01-25-2023, 11:04 AM   #2214
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Thomas Brown is interviewing for several vacant head coaching jobs. It is weird for a kid I watched play high-school football to possibly become a head coach. But then, if he does every-time he wins we can say "that kid coach so good...."

btw this was not just a fart in the wind... i got a solid laugh out of it
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 11:19 AM   #2215
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
This Demar Hamlin is an imposter shit needs to end

Other than just shitty behavior, what was the reason behind the imposter claim?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 11:32 AM   #2216
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Other than just shitty behavior, what was the reason behind the imposter claim?

MAGA is claiming that he died because he got the vaccine.

And, as someone noted in another thread, when your whole worldview is that you are fighting a culture war against the world, you have to take more and more outlandish positions to keep the world opposed to you.
Old 01-25-2023, 02:17 PM   #2217
stevew
Hall Of Famer

They can’t see his face, etc. it’s just typical abhorrent behavior from people that need to find new hobbies
Old 01-25-2023, 08:04 PM   #2218
GrantDawg

Reports are saying it is increasingly likely no one is going to sign Sean Payton. No team has asked for a second interview, and no team seems interested in paying him the 20 million a year he wants on top of giving up a number 1 draft pick to the Saints.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2023, 08:12 PM   #2219
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Reports are saying it is increasingly likely no one is going to sign Sean Payton. No team has asked for a second interview, and no team seems interested in paying him the 20 million a year he wants on top of giving up a number 1 draft pick to the Saints.

My Saints message board is very sad. In a week, we went from dreams of a bidding war over him to realizing that the Saints will likely get nothing for him.
Old 01-26-2023, 06:14 AM   #2220
Kodos
Resident Alien

They must feel like Payton put a bounty on their happiness. It’s like he wants to hurt them.

Last edited by Kodos : 01-26-2023 at 06:57 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 12:27 PM   #2221
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

All of the video seems to show Mahomes is fine.
Old 01-26-2023, 12:43 PM   #2222
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It’s a clone using the demar Hamlin technology. The real Maholmes had his leg amputated and is recovering at gitmo.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 01:06 PM   #2223
miami_fan
Coordinator

Jets hire former Broncos coach Nathaniel Hackett as new OC

After doing a deep dive on Nathaniel Hackett's offensive coordinator career, is his friendship with Aaron Rodgers really this valuable? Here are his team's weighted offensive DVOA rankings as offensive coordinator.

BUF- 2013-29, 2014-31
JAX- 2016(co-coordinator with Greg Olson)-25, 2017-18, 2018-30
GB- 2019-9, 2020-1, 2021-2

Forget the whole Denver nightmare. Why is he considered a good NFL OC?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 01-26-2023, 01:34 PM   #2224
Swaggs
Coordinator

It looks like the Panthers are going with Frank Reich.

Still have the Colts, Broncos, Texans, and Cardinals open.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 02:06 PM   #2225
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

Reich was the franchise first QB. That is a cool circle.
Old 01-26-2023, 02:15 PM   #2226
BishopMVP
Coordinator

I like the Panthers hire, unless Reich tries to bring Carson Wentz with him instead of developing a rookie QB. And I love the Jets hire, sounds great.

Along those lines the Patriots recriminations started today and it was a doozy. Sounds like Judge was even worse than Matty Patty Inside the most dysfunctional Patriots season under Bill Belichick: ‘I’ve never seen anything like it’ – Boston Herald
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 03:14 PM   #2227
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Jets hire former Broncos coach Nathaniel Hackett as new OC

After doing a deep dive on Nathaniel Hackett's offensive coordinator career, is his friendship with Aaron Rodgers really this valuable? Here are his team's weighted offensive DVOA rankings as offensive coordinator.

BUF- 2013-29, 2014-31
JAX- 2016(co-coordinator with Greg Olson)-25, 2017-18, 2018-30
GB- 2019-9, 2020-1, 2021-2

Forget the whole Denver nightmare. Why is he considered a good NFL OC?

The Jets are probably trading for Rodgers makes the most sense
Old 01-26-2023, 03:22 PM   #2228
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I think that hiring Reich the coach makes a lot of sense. But I'd make it clear from the beginning that he has very little say in personnel. Reich the GM is the worst enemy of Reich the coach.
Old 01-26-2023, 04:10 PM   #2229
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

My opinion as a Colts fan is that Reich is the Derek Carr of head coaches.

Jeff Saturday's equivalent is whoever the worst QB to start an NFL game in the past 5 years.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 04:15 PM   #2230
GrantDawg

Dan Quinn is staying with the Cowboys. He says "his heart is still with the team", but it probably had something to do with no team actually willing to hire the rest of him as HC.
Old 01-26-2023, 04:53 PM   #2231
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
The Jets are probably trading for Rodgers makes the most sense

If I am the Packers, I am adding another 1st rounder to the price for Rodgers. The Jets just saw what happens to a team when they bring in Hackett without Rodgers.
Old 01-26-2023, 06:13 PM   #2232
Galaril
Pro Starter

Demi o Ryan’s played for the Texans and his wife is from Houston. I think he goes to them. Payton is with Arizona for 8 hours and is going to dinner with Bidwell according to reports. Man Denver could be left without a chair and be stuck with David Shaw?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 06:54 PM   #2233
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Demi o Ryan’s played for the Texans and his wife is from Houston. I think he goes to them. Payton is with Arizona for 8 hours and is going to dinner with Bidwell according to reports. Man Denver could be left without a chair and be stuck with David Shaw?

I know there are only 32 of these but the Texans would be last on my list if I were a candidate. Was Jack Easterby the only issue down there? Is Nick Caserio still on the headset asking the coaches to justify playcalling during the game?

I like the Reich hire. I would not allow him to be solely responsible for picking the new QB but I think once the QB is drafted, Reich would be a great person to coach him up.

Money is not everything but damn. Denver can NOT be be left with another rookie NFL head coach. Not with a Walmart heir owning the team.
Old 01-26-2023, 08:20 PM   #2234
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post

I'm okay with Peyton going to my Cards if it doesn't involve the 3rd pick in the draft. A future 1st is ok though I'm not a fan on having to trade draft picks to get a coach
Old 01-26-2023, 10:12 PM   #2235
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
I know there are only 32 of these but the Texans would be last on my list if I were a candidate. Was Jack Easterby the only issue down there? Is Nick Caserio still on the headset asking the coaches to justify playcalling during the game?

I like the Reich hire. I would not allow him to be solely responsible for picking the new QB but I think once the QB is drafted, Reich would be a great person to coach him up.

Money is not everything but damn. Denver can NOT be be left with another rookie NFL head coach. Not with a Walmart heir owning the team.

Well,the Texans do have the 2nd pick in the draft and cap space. The Broncos are in cap space he’ll due to RW contract for the next 4 years and a late first round pick.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 11:05 AM   #2236
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think Denver could do a lot worse than David Shaw. I actually think I would have a lot of faith in him, as he checks a ton of boxes. He has been around football his whole life (his dad was an NFL coach for 15+ years), has a lot of NFL coaching experience (~8 years), has been a coordinator and head coach with a lot of success in a P5 conference (96-54 at Stanford, with 3 Rose and a Fiesta appearance is pretty impressive to me - and he was still having 9/10 win seasons even after Harbaugh's guys had all cleared out), Stanford-educated, media-savvy, and is only 50-years old.

No one is a guarantee (especially since Mahomes and Herbert are going to be in the same division for the next 10+ years), but other than an established successful NFL head coach, I'm not sure there are too many guys that I would rather have.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 11:12 AM   #2237
Ksyrup

Jets hire Hackett, Rams hire LaFleur. Shuffling chairs on the deck.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 01-27-2023, 12:34 PM   #2238
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
My opinion as a Colts fan is that Reich is the Derek Carr of head coaches.

Jeff Saturday's equivalent is whoever the worst QB to start an NFL game in the past 5 years.

And right now it is reported that Irsay really wants Saturday and the Colts top brass are trying to talk him off that ledge.
Old 01-27-2023, 01:29 PM   #2239
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Hahaha....
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 03:19 PM   #2240
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Tua Tagovailoa still in protocol, to miss Pro Bowl Games, source says

I'm glad the NFL and Dolphins are prioritizing player safety and being deliberate with Tua's return from the concussion protocol when they don't have a game to play for 6 months.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 03:34 PM   #2241
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Tua Tagovailoa still in protocol, to miss Pro Bowl Games, source says

I'm glad the NFL and Dolphins are prioritizing player safety and being deliberate with Tua's return from the concussion protocol when they don't have a game to play for 6 months.

Interesting comment considering they kept him out of the final three games of the year, including a must win game to get in the playoffs and the actual playoff game itself.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 01:12 PM   #2242
Thomkal
Head Coach

Don't have a particular team I want to win these games now that Buffalo is gone, just want them to be close all the way. I think CIN has been the stronger team down the stretch of the two left in the AFC, so probably pick them to win today.

Over in the NFC, don't really want to see a Cardinal division rival play in our stadium in the Super Bowl, but how can you not root for the Niners given the QB situation? They should be rewarded for the trade that brought McCaffery to them too. But will this be the day that the player everyone passed on in the draft for a reason, finally show that side of himself?

Regardless of who wins hope there are no major injuries to their star players
Old 01-29-2023, 01:39 PM   #2243
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I hope Ryans passes on that Texans job. It’s one of the worst jobs in the NFL and there will likely be better jobs in 2024
Old 01-29-2023, 01:49 PM   #2244
Ksyrup

In what appears to suggest the rumors about Payton not coaching anywhere in 2023 may be true, it looks like the Dolphins have hired Vic Fangio. Fangio was rumored to be on the coaching staff Payton put together. There's at least enough uncertainty about Payton that Fangio jumped at a good job when offered.

Also, in what may be posturing from GB, this report is making the rounds from pretty much everyone. Is history going to repeat itself with a Packers legend QB going to the Jets?

Old 01-29-2023, 02:19 PM   #2245
Ksyrup

I'm still not sure that was a catch, but that was a phenomenally acrobatic play.
Old 01-29-2023, 02:21 PM   #2246
bhlloy
Coordinator

Didn’t look like a catch in real time - that’s an absolutely inexcusable miss from the Niners coaching staff. Just let them have the first score of the game because you were worried about a first half TO?
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 02:41 PM   #2247
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The Eagles better be careful. You see a lot of games were you have a big injury, and the other team takes their foot off the gas a little bit. I could still see a world where they lost this game 10 to 12 or something.
Old 01-29-2023, 02:58 PM   #2248
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
In what appears to suggest the rumors about Payton not coaching anywhere in 2023 may be true, it looks like the Dolphins have hired Vic Fangio. Fangio was rumored to be on the coaching staff Payton put together. There's at least enough uncertainty about Payton that Fangio jumped at a good job when offered.

Also, in what may be posturing from GB, this report is making the rounds from pretty much everyone. Is history going to repeat itself with a Packers legend QB going to the Jets?

We need this to happen.

Then we need the Bears to do a 180 on Justin Fields, try to trade him and draft Bryce Young.

Let’s do this NFC North!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 03:01 PM   #2249
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Didn’t look like a catch in real time - that’s an absolutely inexcusable miss from the Niners coaching staff. Just let them have the first score of the game because you were worried about a first half TO?

I would have thrown the red flag solely based on Smith's immediate reaction trying to get the snap off. The dude who caught it was pretty sure he didn't have it.
Old 01-29-2023, 03:01 PM   #2250
GrantDawg

Is this game going to end 7-3? Or like 10-6?