Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-29-2005, 10:45 PM   #201
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

I think kicking as hard and as much as I can would be my strategy. Since were are talking about 3 feet tall kids it would be much easier than punching, and I would imagine it would hurt them more. Also it would keep the legs moving thus keeping the kids from immobilizing you. The only downside I can think of is balance. If you somehow lost the leg you were standing on during the kid you would be screwed.

Last edited by TargetPractice6 : 03-29-2005 at 10:46 PM.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:09 AM   #202
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

BUUUUUUMPPPPP!!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2005, 06:47 PM   #203
Groundhog
Coordinator

LOL... Can't believe I somehow missed this thread the first time around...
Old 09-19-2005, 06:48 PM   #204
saldana
Pro Starter

this thread actually got deleted from another board i am on
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 10:31 PM   #205
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

You know, I have recently completed some defensive tactics and ground fighting training. I also have really upped my stamina with an aerobic exercise regimine. I think I have doubled the number of five year olds I could take.
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:33 PM   #206
Groundhog
Coordinator

OK. We've all had more than a year to give this some serious thought.

What's your final number?

Me, personally, I think I could take on about 50. I'm not the athlete I used to be, and endurance would be the killer. Another point to remember is that punching really hurts your fists. You take down a couple of these kids and your hands are going to swell up, leaving you with just your legs. You throw a single way-ward kick and 10 of the little buggers are going to grapple your leg and it's game over.

With this in mind you need to throw a couple of roundhouse kicks right at the beginning to clear some room, and then go in for the grab. Pick up a kid and just utterly destroy him by hurling him head first in to the ground. Then you gotta keep the rest of them at bay with your kicks, and take the fuckers out one by one. You pick up a kid and twirl them around and you may knock them over, but you won't knock them out. The key is using your energy wisely and making sure each attack you use is a KO attack.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:59 AM   #207
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

WOW
Old 05-15-2006, 06:29 AM   #208
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

probably 30 for me.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:41 AM   #209
Joe
Pro Starter

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:10 PM   #210
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Learn how to work, kid.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:13 PM   #211
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Thread necromancy much?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:14 PM   #212
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
It is just staggering how much thought you can geenrate with this. Unreal.

Okay, my latest thinking is that there is a matter of focus that is going unsaid here. Yes, these are somewhat trained kindergarteners... but the setup does not suggest that they are brilliant, nor all that coordinated. So, giving them the benefit of the doubt about tactics and organizationa approaches is probably unfair.

I was thinking numbers in the dozens... but it's hard in my mind to see how it gets much tougher to fight 40 than, say, 20. Part of the fun of this, I guess.

But after thinking that realisticslly, at least some (most?) of these kids are just not going to be very effective fighters... I'm starting to think some fairly big numbers are reasonable.

Now... give me ShkSpr's wife as a co-combatant... and she and I can hole up in our kinder-carcass fort and I suspect we could hold them off for a month if needed. I'm thinking the two of us together could handle four hundred of these little pricks.

re-reading this thread I think the above post is one of my favorites ever. Also, I count at least 4 typos, I think Quik was getting pretty excited at the thought of taking out hordes of 5 year olds.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:19 PM   #213
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Kinder-carcass puts it over the top huh?
Old 12-20-2007, 11:25 PM   #214
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Thread necromancy much?

SI

http://www.howmanyfiveyearoldscouldyoutakeinafight.com/

has been making the rounds lately in many circles(I've seen it on two separate occasions in the last week).
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:43 PM   #215
Anthony
Banned

this is my alltime favorite thread.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:48 PM   #216
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
this is my alltime favorite thread.

Ditto. This thread also pretty much reads as a "Best Of Hell Atlantic" thread.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 01:08 AM   #217
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
re-reading this thread I think the above post is one of my favorites ever. Also, I count at least 4 typos, I think Quik was getting pretty excited at the thought of taking out hordes of 5 year olds.

I'm personally a little creeped out by his desire to hole up with my wife for a month.

Last edited by Shkspr : 12-21-2007 at 01:09 AM.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:20 AM   #218
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

I missed this one earlier. Do 6 year olds count, or do they have to be 5? My six year old son is driving me nuts these days................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:26 AM   #219
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I think it would be kinda like breaking the seal when you're drinking... probably take you a long time to kill the first one, but after that you could get rid of 'em fast and furious.

Unless they were bloodthirsty zombie kids, that would change the formula completely.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:31 AM   #220
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

And so the discussion starts again.......

Old 12-21-2007, 09:32 AM   #221
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
I think it would be kinda like breaking the seal when you're drinking... probably take you a long time to kill the first one, but after that you could get rid of 'em fast and furious.

Unless they were bloodthirsty zombie kids, that would change the formula completely.

Isn't that a video game or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:26 AM   #222
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

I've built up a resistance to 5 year olds since i'm a bus driver..... Bring on 200 ..no ..make that 300 tykes!
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:41 AM   #223
Warhammer
Pro Starter

5 year olds I can take, they have learned fear. It's the three year olds I worry about.

I took my 3 year old to the barbers yesterday, and he was great and sat in the chair next to me while I got my haircut. When we were done, he went to get up (ignoring me telling him no), and got his coat caught in the chair and smacked his head on the floor. He had a black and blue knot the size of an avocado pit that stuck out about 3/4". Took him to the doctor and he was alright.

Got him home, what's the first thing he does? He climbs up on the biggest chair he can find, and then jumps off.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:48 AM   #224
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Just did the howmany5yearsoldscanyoutakeinafight.com or whatever Radii posted above, my number was 26. I think thats a little low... Somehow I missed this thread completely until now. I think it is all about the initial rush, once you start getting a few knocked out, if you are in shape you can take em all.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #225
path12
Coordinator

How the hell did I miss this?

Elbows are your best friend. Swinging, punching, kicking, these things will tire you out too quickly. But you can swing elbows all day. Little bastards wouldn't have a chance.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:12 PM   #226
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
I missed this one earlier.

Not surprising, considering you've only been on these boards for less than a month.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 10:29 PM   #227
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post

Well, that becomes really problematic because then you have to start factoring in stuff like how soon after zombification starts taking effect and how you'd fight very conservatively because you'd be afraid of being bitten.

SI

Old 01-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #228
Anthony
Banned

i just thought of this question over 3 years after this thread got started:

when you say "how many 5 year olds can you take?", do you mean you're going to put me in a room and keep sending in wave after wave of 5 year old warriors until i eventually succumb? cuz if that's the case, the question is more "how many 5 year olds do you think you could take before you are beat in this challenge?"

is there a finite number of combatants? how do i win? or have i forgot the rules or something? what is the criteria for winning this challenge?

i still think i can take on 100 minimum. i've packed on a beer belly since this thread came out, but due to a steady consumption of red meat/protein and an occassional arm/shoulders workout i've added more muscle to my upper body. i can get up to 200 kids with the aforementioned ninja outfit and black headband, strobe lights and a song like "Survivalism" by NIN blaring loudly, with sounds of ravaging animals interspersed throughout.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:48 PM   #229
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Naah, I've got you pegged for like, 6 max.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #230
digamma
Torchbearer

So somebody tried this...and failed.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #231
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

god, id crawl into a hole and bury myself before i went public if a 5 year old kicked my ass. this has to be a con
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #232
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

got beat by a kid but beat the system.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #233
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post

To be fair, they were 6 year olds...

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #234
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

On the local CBS they were interviewing the mother and kid. The mother said the child didn't kick the teacher. They asked the kid and he said, "I don't know. I forgot." I have a seven year old. I've heard that lie before.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #235
korme
Go Reds

All these kids we were talking shit about are 12 now, and we're 7 more years out of shape. This is bad
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:00 PM   #236
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post

If only he had the benefit of strobe lights and his own theme music ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #237
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I couldn't see the whole title. I assumed it was going to end "fit in your mouth at once"
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:02 AM   #238
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I think the point of the game was how many 5 year olds you can take, not how you somehow have to get this stinkin' 5 year old to the principal's office without touching him, without saying anything remotely negative, while at the same time he can do anything he wants to you without any repercussions. I'm sure that one forearm to the back of the head would have knocked out that kid for 6-8 weeks but good luck ever finding another teaching job.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #239
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
All these kids we were talking shit about are 12 now, and we're 7 more years out of shape. This is bad

Can we get this thread deleted? Or at least any of my posts.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #240
JeeberD
General Manager

My son isn't even three yet and he beats the crap out of me (unintentionally, most of the time). I think my original reply of 47 is WAY too many.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #241
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
On the local CBS they were interviewing the mother and kid. The mother said the child didn't kick the teacher. They asked the kid and he said, "I don't know. I forgot." I have a seven year old. I've heard that lie before.

Yeah, no kidding. I feel for the gym teacher, especially when parents can't see that mommy and daddy's little angel can do no wrong.

SI

Old 12-12-2014, 07:03 AM   #242
SegRat
High School Varsity

So apparently I can't even take 1. Maybe it is because he is actually 6 instead of 5. Yeah I'll go with that. So last Friday I was wrestling with my son. He came running at me and jumped and his knee came down full force. I had a lot of pain almost immediately. The pain lasted a little more than 2 hours. I had no more problems until Monday night. I was sitting in a chair watching the Packer game. I moved a little to readjust myself and I felt a pop in my back followed by immediate pain. Again it lasted a little more than 2 hours before I was able to fall asleep. I woke up at 2 a.m. In very intense pain. So I called my dad to come sit with the kids while I went to the ER. They ran a CAT scan and the only thing that showed up was my white blood cell count was high, and my liver was slightly inflamed. So the ER sent me home with a prescription for Vicodin. I took those for the full day and they did absolutely nothing for the pain. So I called my primary Dr and went to see him. He was feeling around in my back and he said he was pretty certain that I tore a muscle. So he sent me home with some muscle relaxers. So I took those for the full day and they did nothing for the pain. I would say I was expierncing about an 8 on the pain scale. So I called my Dr first thing in the morning and more or less begged for something stronger. So he gave me an order for oxycodone. I took 1 pill at 2:00 yesterday and it knocked me out. I woke at 4 and by 4:15 was in complete pain again. So I called the Dr office and asked how long the oxy should last. After I explained that it lasted about 2 hours they suggested that I return to the ER. So they run another CAT scan and it shows my white blood cell count was higher than it was Monday night. So the ER Dr consulted with another Dr and they now believe when Lukas jumped on me that I suffered severe trauma to my kidney. They believe I have a clotting in my kidney. If this is the case I was told my kidney is dying and too much time has passed to save it.

So if you ever find yourself one on one with a 6 year old, take him out before he does you.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:17 AM   #243
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:13 AM   #244
timmae
College Starter

holy crap... Kidney is Dying sounds serious. Hope you are ok man.. that 6 year old is mad crazy!
Old 12-12-2014, 08:16 AM   #245
PilotMan
Head Coach

Holy crap! That's an awful story.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:20 AM   #246
Logan
Head Coach

The good thing is that your son seems like a lock for some kind of scholarship.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:21 AM   #247
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Da Fuck!

That is horrible man, sorry to hear.

Any chance for a malpractice suit? Seems like that is something the hospital should have caught.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:31 AM   #248
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Sorry to hear.

I hope you will give the kid your dead kidney for Christmas.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:36 AM   #249
Butter
Coordinator

Better yet, hold this in your back pocket and if your other kidney starts to fail, pull this story out for the guilt of getting one of his donated to you.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:40 AM   #250
Kodos
Resident Alien

Y'ouch! That sucks.