Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

NFL 2K in the works????

The guy at Hip Hop Gamer has confirmed that a small group of NFL players have already been scanned into 2K's Eco-Motion Engine, which powers the character models in NBA 2K games. Was also told by a 2K employee that the character models would 'blow Madden models out of the water' if created, though employee provided no confirmation of any work on a NFL 2K game.

EA's NFL agreement ends in 2014. Watch starting at 1:30 for information.

Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

FUUUCK PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN. At least make and release the game with editable rosters and fake players if you can't get the license.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

There's a lot of talk that 2K may have done the scans as part of their presentation to the NFL to show them what can be done with their engine vs. the Madden engine. The current agreement ends in June 2014, so you'd think they have to be getting stuff ready already to bid for the license or a part of the license.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #4
Kodos
Resident Alien

Back when we had both, I preferred Madden, but having two options again would be FANTASTIC.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #5
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Back when we had both, I preferred Madden, but having two options again would be FANTASTIC.

Mostly because it would mean EA would have to really do some work on their game instead of just sucking all the time because no one can challenge their product.

FUCK EA
Old 11-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #6
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

It is funny to me that any arena they have competition in, they have totally been destroyed by their competition. Golf might be the only game they get right, but how fucking hard can it be to make a good golf sim?

FUCK EA
Old 11-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
PLEASE make this happen!!!!!

Plus infinity.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #9
kcchief19
Pro Starter

It's going to come down to money. The question is whether EA is willing to massively overpay to get the exclusive rights again. NFL seems to be in a good leverage position. Cannot imagine 2K will pay as much as EA is willing and able to pay for exclusive rights, but if you get the two of them to pay a lower price for non-exclusive rights, it should be more valuable to the NFL. Can't imagine EA walking away from the Madden, NCAA and Tiger Woods franchises within a year of each other, so they may have to take a deal.

Actually could be good for the gamer if EA pays less for rights and gets more freedom in return.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #10
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
It is funny to me that any arena they have competition in, they have totally been destroyed by their competition. Golf might be the only game they get right, but how fucking hard can it be to make a good golf sim?

I thought they won the hockey games by the end of the competition. I agree though, basketball they were killed (and apparently murdered now), baseball was ok but they had the inferior product, football was close, college basketball was close but they were a bit behind. Maybe they should make a long await curling sim?
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #11
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

There is a curling game on XBox Live indie games that is fun as hell. I wish more people played it. EA's curling sim would probably have serious issues like stones clipping through each other and pre-rendered animations screwing up the rhythm of the sweepers.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 11-22-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #12
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
There is a curling game on XBox Live indie games that is fun as hell. I wish more people played it. EA's curling sim would probably have serious issues like stones clipping through each other and pre-rendered animations screwing up the rhythm of the sweepers.

Unless it comes with a Canadian Curling Association license, I want no part of it.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #13
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Haha, its pretty bare bones, but the physics feel right and it is incredibly fun to try and curl around someone and settle into that sweet spot where they can't do anything but throw a desperation shot which usually backfires on them or concede points. I had a 33-7 record on there in online play, but the amount of players slowed down to nothing not too long after the olympics ended.

I'm hoping they release a new version this year because curling is quickly becoming my favorite sport behind football.

FUCK EA
Old 11-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #14
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Haha, its pretty bare bones, but the physics feel right and it is incredibly fun to try and curl around someone and settle into that sweet spot where they can't do anything but throw a desperation shot which usually backfires on them or concede points. I had a 33-7 record on there in online play, but the amount of players slowed down to nothing not too long after the olympics ended.

I'm hoping they release a new version this year because curling is quickly becoming my favorite sport behind football.

Is there much curling on tv where you live? It's getting to be curling season here and it's always a terrible time sink if I happen upon it. Have you ever tried it in real life? It's a lot of fun and it's pretty sweet to make a nice draw around some other rocks to steal a point with the hammer.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:13 PM   #15
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

if it's the same curling Xbox Live indie game, I have it too. We'll have to play some time
Old 11-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #16
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
Is there much curling on tv where you live? It's getting to be curling season here and it's always a terrible time sink if I happen upon it. Have you ever tried it in real life? It's a lot of fun and it's pretty sweet to make a nice draw around some other rocks to steal a point with the hammer.

3 games into my first season of organized play here and loving it. I tend to curl lead, and it's fun to overthrow a guard by a bit only to have it come to rest on the button.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #17
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
if it's the same curling Xbox Live indie game, I have it too. We'll have to play some time

I think it is the same game.. It's the only one I know of on there.

I need to pick up a copy for my current system, because when I played it before it was on a friends system.

FUCK EA
Old 11-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #18
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post

Unfortunately no. Winter Olympic curling is about all I get to see. It's really a sport that deserves more of a look. One of the perks is that the female curlers are generally hot as hell.. But the strategy of the game is awesome, while the level of skill and teamwork it requires also seems to be quite high. All the things I like in a sport. It's a nice mix of baseball and chess on ice while remaining a team sport.

FUCK EA
Old 11-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #19
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post

I think it is a dollar game too, we should get a bunch of folks here to grab it and start an FOF curling league.

FUCK EA
Old 11-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #20
Desnudo
Coordinator

My Player NFL would make me consider buying a next gen system
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote