Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-10-2016, 10:37 AM   #15901
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Saw that Obama was visiting Hiroshima and I got the horrible thought wondering if his entrance music would be The Gap Band's "You Dropped a Bomb on Me"
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:53 AM   #15902
Easy Mac

I made a note of when my work printer's "low ink light" came on, with a message asking me to change the toner. It was 45 days ago.

Today was the first time that I could see where the pages are printing any lighter.

Printers are such a racket.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:02 AM   #15903
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Saw that Obama was visiting Hiroshima and I got the horrible thought wondering if his entrance music would be The Gap Band's "You Dropped a Bomb on Me"

or OMD's "Enola Gay"
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:30 PM   #15904
Alf
Pro Starter

I always hear "Planet Claire" from the B-52s in that context. I don't know why.

Last edited by Alf : 05-10-2016 at 12:30 PM.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:05 PM   #15905
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Um... what?!

Quote:
A-B InBev on Tuesday, May 10, confirmed the limited-edition label change, saying "America" would replace "Budweiser" on the front of 12-oz. cans and bottles. The packaging will run from May 23 through election season in November, the brewer stated. The agency that handled the design change is Jones Knowles Ritchie, New York. The packaging will be accompanied by a summer-long campaign called "America is in Your Hands." A national TV spot featuring the cans and bottles will premiere on June 1.
A-B InBev Looks to Replace Budweiser With 'America' on Packs | CMO Strategy - AdAge
Old 05-10-2016, 01:16 PM   #15906
Easy Mac

This was actually Trump's plan to Make America Great Again. Its like his Citizen Kane, Rosebud was really a beer.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:10 PM   #15907
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:

How about Thomas Dolby's "She Blinded Me With Science"?
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:36 PM   #15908
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
How about Thomas Dolby's "She Blinded Me With Science"?

This is a really good one.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:51 PM   #15909
cuervo72
Head Coach

Atomic Dog?
Old 05-11-2016, 11:27 AM   #15910
Alf
Pro Starter

Just got the grades for my daughter's application (interview only) to a top notch high school in our area. She ranked in the bottom 25%... I am guessing that she didn't sell her well enough. Still a "slim" chances she could get in as they also tkae into account the regular grades from lower school and they might mix up the applicants area. There are 100 applications and they are taking 48 kids.

However, I am not feeling good at the moment.

Last edited by Alf : 05-11-2016 at 11:28 AM.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 12:50 PM   #15911
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Not to sidetrack the far more enjoyable direction of the random thoughts thread here but ...

It's a tough day in Athens today, four students killed & another critically injured in a car crash last night. I'm not even sure that the community has reached the point of heavy grief yet, more of a sense of shock still permeating ... everything.

Last night, as the story developed, it was pretty tough. I know quite a few current students there and, well, you worry. Throw in the stark reality that my own child will be a college freshman a long way from home in a few months, the "it could just as easily be your child as anyone else's" notion.

It weighs on the mind, and the heart. And it transcends pretty much all loyalties, divisions, you name it. It's just feels like a very heavy day in what is, really, an oversized small town.
I missed that you posted about this. Two good friends of mine were both very personally affected by it. My wife and I give to a handful of charities on a regular basis, but only do personal support for two individuals. Both are guys I've known for 25+ years who are on YL Staff. I first met Bart in elementary school. We're a year apart. In high school we were on the varsity basketball team together for a year, and we both started our full-time careers with YL out of the same office in Marietta. I met Rich through YL when we were both sophomores in college, and while we never worked out of the same office, we collaborated on more weekend and summer programs than I could even begin to count.

Bart is now the Metro Director for YL in Athens/Oconee, and as such has been the speaker multiple times to the hundreds of college kids gathering at the YL building there on Baxter every night. Agnes (the driver, who is still in a coma as of the last I heard this morning) was on part-time staff with YL, working under Bart.

As for Rich, one of the girls who died was his niece, Christina. They were pretty close, both living in the Atlanta area. Last summer Rich was the camp speaker for a month at a YL Camp in Colorado, and Christina went with him as a volunteer horse wrangler. This has been a particularly rough time for Rich; a day or two after Christina's funeral, Rich's father passed away as well.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 05-11-2016 at 12:53 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 12:48 PM   #15912
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Martin Freeman is the opposite of Morgan Freeman, right?
Old 05-17-2016, 08:50 AM   #15913
Suicane75
Coordinator

I'm going through some 30 For 30's on Youtube and it always amuses me that people will go through the effort of messing with the video placement, aspect ratio, and sound distortion, in an attempt to fool the auto detection that they use to delete copyrighted material, and then just name the video 30 For 30 Chasing Tyson.

It's even more amusing that those videos stay up for months.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:25 PM   #15914
cuervo72
Head Coach

Watching a bit of the 30 for 30 on Cleveland sports. Kevin Mack looks like he is in his 20s.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:36 AM   #15915
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

So my kid's school did Senior Superlatives this morning.

He got ... Most Opinionated.

I don't think this really settles the whole nature vs nurture question at all.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:02 PM   #15916
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
So my kid's school did Senior Superlatives this morning.

He got ... Most Opinionated.

I don't think this really settles the whole nature vs nurture question at all.

albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 02:33 PM   #15917
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

from the local fishwrap, quoting a police report about a fight where two 18 y/o girls stabbed a 25 y/o woman in a dispute over a man

“there were shoes and hair weaves littering the road”

And that is how you know when shit got real.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:46 PM   #15918
Easy Mac

My daughter (6) said she didn't want to invite a boy to her birthday later this year, because he didn't invite her to his.

Well, he did, but since the wife was out of town for the umpteenth weekend in a row, I didn't feel like trudging her to another birthday party, especially to the party of a kid she has literally not mentioned all schoolyear. So I just threw away the invitation when I got it.

Rather than telling her the truth, I'll just carry this secret to my deathbed.

Also, she and another girl have decided they will both marry the same boy, and each other, since they can't choose which one of them will get to marry the boy. Not sure that will work at her Catholic school, but we do live next to a Mormon temple.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:39 PM   #15919
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Do they go to St Joe's by chance?

I have like 10 nieces and nephews there.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:22 PM   #15920
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Also, she and another girl have decided they will both marry the same boy, and each other, since they can't choose which one of them will get to marry the boy. Not sure that will work at her Catholic school, but we do live next to a Mormon temple.

That boys life has peaked.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:03 PM   #15921
Suicane75
Coordinator

Saw something called Flanders Beef Patties in the store yesterday. 16 1/4lb burgers for $7.99. Brain says "hold on cowboy, this sounds too good to be true", heart says "yeah, but even if they're just passable, that's still a great deal. You've never met a microwave cheeseburger you didn't like, and you love McDonalds ya fat bastard. Surely these are at least as good as those."

Got home and opened the box to find 16 gray patties just sitting in a box, no inner packaging, no nothing, they look like frozen lint. Zero fear, I'll cook em up and give em a try. Throw em on the stove, come back 10 minutes later to an amazing amount of grease and absolutely no juice. Dear lord. Try and flip em over and they nearly fall apart, despite the fact that they seem to be charred into bricks on the cooked side. As I let them finish cooking I go online and look for reviews. Ruh roh. I decide to be brave and try and eat them anyway, despite appearing to be mostly made of soy, seasonings and beef hearts. I'll be damned if they didn't taste ten times worse than they looked. Might have been the nastiest thing I ever put in my mouth and damn sure the nastiest thing I ever had the gumption to swallow.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:21 PM   #15922
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Saw something called Flanders Beef Patties in the store yesterday. 16 1/4lb burgers for $7.99. ... I'll be damned if they didn't taste ten times worse than they looked. Might have been the nastiest thing I ever put in my mouth and damn sure the nastiest thing I ever had the gumption to swallow.

This sounds so much like something that would happen to me.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:30 PM   #15923
Suicane75
Coordinator

My favorite review might have been a guy who gave detailed cooking instructions and concluded with the line, At this point they might be good enough to feed to your dog.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:09 PM   #15924
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Saw something called Flanders Beef Patties in the store yesterday. 16 1/4lb burgers for $7.99. Brain says "hold on cowboy, this sounds too good to be true", heart says "yeah, but even if they're just passable, that's still a great deal. You've never met a microwave cheeseburger you didn't like, and you love McDonalds ya fat bastard. Surely these are at least as good as those."

Got home and opened the box to find 16 gray patties just sitting in a box, no inner packaging, no nothing, they look like frozen lint. Zero fear, I'll cook em up and give em a try. Throw em on the stove, come back 10 minutes later to an amazing amount of grease and absolutely no juice. Dear lord. Try and flip em over and they nearly fall apart, despite the fact that they seem to be charred into bricks on the cooked side. As I let them finish cooking I go online and look for reviews. Ruh roh. I decide to be brave and try and eat them anyway, despite appearing to be mostly made of soy, seasonings and beef hearts. I'll be damned if they didn't taste ten times worse than they looked. Might have been the nastiest thing I ever put in my mouth and damn sure the nastiest thing I ever had the gumption to swallow.

Orange box? Those are the ones that look like no beef you've ever had before, right. Like grilling them makes them burn.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:19 PM   #15925
bhlloy
Coordinator

That McDonalds advert with the wedding couple who get a surprise quarter pounder at the end of the night in their limo might be the most annoying advert I've seen in a long time.

They are clearly at an expensive wedding which has good food but they don't get a chance to eat, so why the fuck doesn't dad of the year just save some of the nice food and put that in the car rather than presumably leaving his daughters own wedding to drive to the nearest McDonald's and buy two three dollar fifty burgers?

We had the cheapest Mexican food we could possibly find at our wedding, by the time we got to eat there was only a tiny amount of rice and beans left and I still would have got out of the car and punched my dad in the face if he'd have left two quarter pounders in the car for us at the end of the night.

It's possible I'm over thinking this
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:22 PM   #15926
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Plus cold McDonald's is possibly the only thing worse than hot McDonald's
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:41 PM   #15927
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Orange box? Those are the ones that look like no beef you've ever had before, right. Like grilling them makes them burn.

Yes yes yes. If aliens ever landed, and those aliens got an NHL team called the Alien Grays, and had a commemorative puck, it would look like these things.

And that McDonalds commercial has long infuriated me. It's one thing to stretch reality, it's another thing to grab it by it's legs and stretch it till it's in 3 pieces. I'd completely understand the groom being happy with a Big Mac, but for that woman, in that commercial, at that wedding, in that dress, the only plausible way that situation should ever end is with her looking at the burger and just saying "the fuck..."
Old 05-19-2016, 12:06 AM   #15928
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Plus cold McDonald's is possibly the only thing worse than hot McDonald's

Well, yeah that annoys me as well. He either left his daughters wedding to drive to the nearest McDonalds, or that quarter pounder is 6 hours old and that's even worse. I'm definitely overthinking this, aren't I?
Old 05-19-2016, 01:38 AM   #15929
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I have not seen this commercial, but it infuriates me via the second hand description.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:40 AM   #15930
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes yes yes. If aliens ever landed, and those aliens got an NHL team called the Alien Grays, and had a commemorative puck, it would look like these things.

And that McDonalds commercial has long infuriated me. It's one thing to stretch reality, it's another thing to grab it by it's legs and stretch it till it's in 3 pieces. I'd completely understand the groom being happy with a Big Mac, but for that woman, in that commercial, at that wedding, in that dress, the only plausible way that situation should ever end is with her looking at the burger and just saying "the fuck..."

I put the last 6 I had in the oven for the dogs and they killed them. But to be fair, they also alse cat poop.

Last edited by stevew : 05-19-2016 at 01:41 AM.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:32 AM   #15931
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

A neighbor brought over similar grey patties last year for a BBQ, they caught my grill on fire, a la grease fire. I took those burnt pucks and said, here these are for you and your family.. stay away from our burgers.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:28 AM   #15932
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
I put the last 6 I had in the oven for the dogs and they killed them. But to be fair, they also alse cat poop.

Hopefully you mean the dogs loved the burgers, and not that the burgers killed your dogs
Old 05-19-2016, 12:13 PM   #15933
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I actually think the Dad hates the groom and secretly wants to ruin their wedding night. Nothing like McDonald's breath followed by McDonald's gas to heighten the romance...
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:30 PM   #15934
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
I actually think the Dad hates the groom and secretly wants to ruin their wedding night. Nothing like McDonald's breath followed by McDonald's gas to heighten the romance...

I said this exact same thing to my wife last night when the commercial came on...
Old 05-19-2016, 01:43 PM   #15935
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Me too. That limo now stinks like McDonalds and will for the entire ride. Thanks dad.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 05:18 PM   #15936
Dutch
"Dutch"

Why do people with COEXIST bumper stickers go 10 mph slower than everybody else?
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 05:26 PM   #15937
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

To make sure you read their bumper sticker?
Old 05-22-2016, 06:14 PM   #15938
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
To make sure you read their bumper sticker?

Or how about they coexist with all of us at the speed limit.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:41 PM   #15939
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I know I'm going to hell but I can't help but laugh at the irony.

Woman trying to prove ‘vegans can do anything’ among four dead on Mount Everest
Old 05-23-2016, 08:02 PM   #15940
sabotai
General Manager

I'm not sure what's so funny about that. Non-vegans die on Mt Everest all the time. She was right!
Old 05-23-2016, 09:08 PM   #15941
cuervo72
Head Coach

I really don't get the Everest mindset.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:13 PM   #15942
bhlloy
Coordinator

I feel like when we make first contact, we're definitely going to have to explain to the aliens why there are dead frozen people all over the highest mountain in the world. In that sense I don't really get it.

It's also getting to the point where the dead people are actually a hazard to the living people trying to climb the mountain
Old 05-23-2016, 11:12 PM   #15943
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

I do.

But I'm also lazy, which is why the highest mountain I've climbed is maybe 1/20th the size of Everest. Which is more like a really, really, really big hill.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:44 AM   #15944
Kodos
Resident Alien

What a way to die.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:58 AM   #15945
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

It's one of the beauties of human life. We don't all like the same shit. Or else 6 billion mofo's would be climbing around on that mountain.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:41 AM   #15946
PilotMan
Head Coach

There's a good chance that one day I'll fly over it, but that's about as close as I'll ever come.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:44 AM   #15947
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
It's one of the beauties of human life. We don't all like the same shit. Or else 6 billion mofo's would be climbing around on that mountain.

Imagine how many corpses people would have to climb over. That'd up the degree of difficulty.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:45 AM   #15948
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Heh. One of my best friends is going there (just to Base Camp, not to the summit) in a few months.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 11:18 AM   #15949
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Heh. One of my best friends is going there (just to Base Camp, not to the summit) in a few months.

Why are your friends INSANE?
Old 05-26-2016, 12:37 PM   #15950
Logan
Head Coach

A couple of interesting (to me at least) observations in the last hour.

For lunch a couple days a week I get one of those "make your own salads". A ton of choices, you point and tell the guys which 6 ingredients you want, select a dressing, they mix, and give it to you to go pay. I'm sure they have these everywhere. I typically get this roasted orange cauliflower in mine as it's very good. After I chose it in mine, the woman next to me chose a couple ingredients of her own, then points to the cauliflower and goes "sweet potato!".

Now, I'll give her some slack and say maybe her vision isn't good enough to distinguish between the two, but who the hell puts sweet potato, or any potato, in a leafy green salad?

Second...guy in the office bathroom is brushing his teeth. Not my thing but that's fine. I've seen him brushing before, but this time I noticed that he used his free hand to pull down his bottom lip so he had better access to his gum line for brushing purposes. It caught my eye because I don't recall ever seeing toothbrushing being a two-handed job. Or is that just me too?

Last edited by Logan : 05-26-2016 at 12:37 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote