Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-10-2005, 08:59 AM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

Unhappy I feel dirty... (Madden related)

Already starting to regret caving in and buying Madden 2006...

Stats waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of wack (Operation Sports Thread).

Last edited by Kodos : 08-10-2005 at 09:00 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:03 AM   #2
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Paste? Don't feel like registering.
Coffee Warlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:04 AM   #3
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
Already starting to regret caving in and buying Madden 2006...

Stats waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of wack (Operation Sports Thread).

I haven't given in yet.. preach on.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:06 AM   #4
Kodos
Resident Alien

08-09-2005, 11:44 PM #1
steveo
Rookie

Posts: 17 Um, I think EA let monkeys handle the sim engine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe it is just me but I think there is a serious issue with the stat engine in the game. All the numbers are janked in some way, specifically QB stats which have too low ratings, not enough pass yards and too many INTs thrown. I sim'ed 4 years and it was the same crap each year and when i say issues I eman issues. Only one yeard did one guy throw over 4000 yards and in another year the qb with the most yards had a whopping 3400. the avg INT thrown I'd say was 18 with 10 guys each year throwing 20+. Other areas are bad as well as I'd say 60% of the RBs with 1000+ yards have yards per carry numbers under 4. I wont go into every category but needless to say the whole engine is screwed up.

Oh and of course the attached pictures are uh, interesting to say the least. Yep, Vick had 1900+ yards one year rushing and lead in another year. All told the guy had over 6300 yards rushing in the 4 years I sim'ed and his yards per rush was 10.5. Oh and in the year he had 1936 yards he missed a game so he most likely woudl ahve had 2000 had he played all 16

Sorry, but EA seriously screwed something up and if I notice this during my real franchise I will not continue to do a franchise in this game because there is no exuse for them to have screwed something up that was not bad last year. How do you break something that wasn't broken before? Odd...

On the bright side I do like the qb vision thing from the little amount of time I have spent with it.

BTW I was using the colts during those 4 years and it was amusing to see the stats Manning was getting. Only one year was it somewhat realistic as the other years he was putting up jake plummer like numbers, specifically qb rating...
Attached Images goEAgo.JPG (80.5 KB, 147 views)
looooveEA.JPG (89.7 KB, 160 views)
rushingchamp.JPG (94.8 KB, 151 views)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by steveo : 08-09-2005 at 11:53 PM.

08-09-2005, 11:48 PM #2
kennyacid
Rookie

lol damn i know vick is nice, but man.

08-09-2005, 11:51 PM #3
steveo
Rookie

Posts: 17 Re: Um, I think EA let monkeys handle the sim engine

hehehehe yep.

Notice in the pic where he was the rushing champ...look at how low the yards per carry are for the guys below him. You will NEVER see the top 4-5 rushers in the NFL have a combined avg yards per carry that low.

steveo
View Public Profile
Send a private message to steveo
Find More Posts by steveo
Add steveo to Your Buddy List

08-09-2005, 11:54 PM #4
GHill
Rookie

Posts: 306 Re: Um, I think EA let monkeys handle the sim engine

That's a disaster, are rosters editable a la MVP?

GHill
View Public Profile
Send a private message to GHill
Find More Posts by GHill
Add GHill to Your Buddy List

08-10-2005, 12:02 AM #5
Steve_OS
Owner

Posts: 14,704 Re: Um, I think EA let monkeys handle the sim engine

LOL, that's some classic funny stuff there. What settings you using?

Steve_OS
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Steve_OS
Visit Steve_OS's homepage!
Find More Posts by Steve_OS
Add Steve_OS to Your Buddy List

08-10-2005, 12:04 AM #6
Nivek
Moderator/Madvillian

XBL Gamertag: kgfstar
Re: Um, I think EA let monkeys handle the sim engine

Tell me that isn't Ray Lewis?

OS NCAA VETS LEAGUE:Ohio State Buckeyes

Nivek
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Nivek
Find More Posts by Nivek
Add Nivek to Your Buddy List

08-10-2005, 12:12 AM #7
steveo
Rookie

nah it is some running back that got imported from the 14th year in my ncaa 2006 dynasty. I think his name is roy lewis

Steve,

I already told you what level bro I left things all default.

Another issue guys...

Brandon Stokley signed a 5 year extension in december of 04...well EA apparently didn't like ti as stokley has one year left in his contract. hahahaha

I can only guess there are other contract issues with other players but as I am a colts fan I knew stokley signed that extension last year and was scratching my head after the first year when his contract was up.

I am doing a fantasy draft for my real chise right now and will be sure to add pics of the simulated stats and will do screenies of other areas to show it isn't just vick that has horrible stats.

steveo
View Public Profile

08-10-2005, 12:23 AM #8
GrandVizier
Rookie

Posts: 82 Re: Um, I think EA let monkeys handle the sim engine

I sure hope those pics are a fluke or some crazy user played stats. that's worse than the Texas Tech QBs in NCAA

GrandVizier
View Public Profile
Send a private message to GrandVizier
Find More Posts by GrandVizier
Add GrandVizier to Your Buddy List

08-10-2005, 12:30 AM #9
steveo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandVizier
I sure hope those pics are a fluke or some crazy user played stats. that's worse than the Texas Tech QBs in NCAA

dude they are the results of me siming 4 years in a franchise I created this afternoon in madden 06. I was using the colts.

No fluke bro. I thought after the first year of crazy stats ( example, in the first year no qb threw for over 3600 yards and the top rated qb was 92.3 with only 5 other guys in the 80s the rest below 80) that maybe ti was a fluke so I did a 2nd year and saw the crazy vick with 1936 rush yards and no diff in the rest of the stats. Did a 3rd and 4th year and determined the engine is just messed up.

Again, every single stat category was messed. Another example? Every year there were 10+ Qbs with over 20 picks. In the real NFL there will MAYBE be 2 or 3 guys with 20 picks but they will be like at 20 or 21...In my 4 years of simmign there were multiple guys with 25-30

The sim engine in NCAA06 is so messed up with QB stats (i love how every year there are multiple qbs with ratings over 200 and 50+ td passes in my ncaa dynasty) which I found odd but I figured Madden wouldn't have the same screwy stats...sure enough madden has an even worse sim engine.

steveo
View Public Profile

08-10-2005, 12:36 AM #10
GrandVizier
Rookie

Posts: 82 Re: Um, I think EA let monkeys handle the sim engine

steveo, your imformation means that you have just effectively pooped on my steak dinner. this is disturbing news. well, on the bright side, we can look at this as a test group for madden next gen.

GrandVizier
View Public Profile
Send a private message to GrandVizier
Find More Posts by GrandVizier
Add GrandVizier to Your Buddy List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Main Forum Index > Football > Madden NFL Football

Quick Reply
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Options
Quote message in reply?

Show Printable Version
Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
Linear Mode
Switch to Hybrid Mode
Switch to Threaded Mode
Search this Thread

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Excellent
Good
Average
Bad
Terrible

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump
Please select one User Control Panel Private Messages Subscriptions Who's Online Search Forums Forums Home -------------------- The News Desk Operation Sports Content News Football ESPN NFL Football ESPN NFL Football Online ESPN NFL Football Rosters ESPN NFL Football Sliders Madden NFL Football Madden NFL Football Online OS Veterans Madden 06 League Madden NFL Football Rosters Madden NFL Football Sliders Blitz: The League NCAA Football NCAA Football Online OS Veterans NCAA 06 League NCAA Football Rosters NCAA Football Sliders Football (Other) Pro Football Fantasy Football College Football Basketball NBA 2K NBA 2K Online NBA 2K Rosters NBA 2K Sliders NBA Live NBA Live Online NBA Live Rosters NBA Live Sliders SCEA Sports - NBA College Hoops 2K College Hoops 2K Online College Hoops 2K Rosters College Hoops 2K Sliders March Madness March Madness Online March Madness Rosters March Madness Sliders Basketball (Other) Pro Basketball Official Team Threads Fantasy Basketball College Basketball Baseball 2K Sports - Major League Baseball 2K Sports - Major League Baseball Rosters 2K Sports - Major League Baseball Online 2K Sports - Major League Baseball Sliders MVP Baseball MVP Baseball Rosters MVP Baseball Online MVP Baseball Sliders SCEA Sports - MLB SCEA Sports - MLB Sliders SCEA Sports - MLB Online SCEA Sports - MLB Rosters Baseball (Other) Pro Baseball Official Team Threads Fantasy Baseball Hockey NHL 2K NHL 2K Online NHL 2K Rosters NHL 2K Sliders EA Sports NHL EA Sports NHL Online EA Sports NHL Rosters EA Sports NHL Sliders Hockey (Other) Pro Hockey Other Sports Racing Golf Soccer Boxing Wrestling All Other Sports Dynasty HQ Other Non-Sports Gaming Non-Sports Online Gaming Massively Multiplayer Online Everything Else OS Neighborhood Steve's Forum

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:58 PM.

-- Default Style ---- ScifiVB ------ OSWhite ------ OSfrosted ------ I'm At Work ------ OS Vegas Green Beta -------- OS Old School Orange Beta ------ OS Civic Gray Beta v1.3 ------ OS Koniro Beta v1.3.3 ------ OS ESPN Beta v1.3 -------- OS ESPN2 Beta v1.3 ------ OS Pro -- Pocket PC PDA -- vBulletin Contact Us - Operation Sports - Archive - Top

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2005, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-10-2005 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:08 AM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

Why would/did you even try to resist, Kodos?

And could you have expected anything else than this?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:09 AM   #6
rkmsuf
Head Coach

dooz that stats are teh suck OMG WTF!!!!
Old 08-10-2005, 09:12 AM   #7
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
Why would/did you even try to resist, Kodos?

And could you have expected anything else than this?

In past versions, the stats were usually reasonable, if not quite up to FOF standards. But this is absurd if what this guy is saying is true.

It's hard, because historically Madden has been my favorite game, bar none. Then EA has to turn over-the-top evil and monopolize the whole genre. But it's hard to resist new football candy...
Old 08-10-2005, 09:16 AM   #8
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Is he the only one reporting it? Several people here have the game, what are they seeing? Seems like this would be easy to verify one way or another.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:17 AM   #9
Kodos
Resident Alien

Other guys seem to verify it later in the thread (I didn't post all of it).
Old 08-10-2005, 09:21 AM   #10
Kodos
Resident Alien

For example:

thelwig14
Rookie

Posts: 60 Re: Um, I think EA let monkeys handle the sim engine

Yeah, everything the OP stated about the sim stats is true. I did a season to verify and it had over 12 2,000 yard rushers among other goofy stats. I just cannot see how this type of stuff happens. Both EA football games ebayed in less than a week for me. Hopefully 360 will be better.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:26 AM   #11
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Did someone use the term "chise" in one of those posts? Have we gotten so lazy that we can't even type out "franchise?" At least throw the " ' " before the 'c' if you feel the need to shorten it! Sheesh!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:26 AM   #12
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I am glad I didn't buy Madden. Because NCAA really messed up with the stats I had a feeling Madden would be even worse. I am a franchise player so this is a showstopper to me. So I guess I will have to wait until next year to play any kind of Pro Football game/sim...
Old 08-10-2005, 09:27 AM   #13
j51
Mascot

So far it looks like everything in that thread is dead on. In 3 seasons Vick averages 1,300 yds rushing, and only Manning & Brady have broken 3,000 yds passing.
j51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:58 AM   #14
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Did someone use the term "chise" in one of those posts? Have we gotten so lazy that we can't even type out "franchise?" At least throw the " ' " before the 'c' if you feel the need to shorten it! Sheesh!

that bothered me as well.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:01 AM   #15
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
that bothered me as well.
Do you mean that it "ered me as well"
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:04 AM   #16
Blackadar
Retired

I had no plans to get Madden. This just confirms that I still have no plans to get Madden.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:54 AM   #17
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I've gone through about 6 seasons total, I simmed the first 3 in superstar, and went through 3 in franchise and so far the most rushing yards anyone has had was 1983, Shaun Alexander in franchise mode. Passing stats seemed alot like last year. Only stat I'm noticing is the rushing attempts where a few guys have over 400. :S
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:05 AM   #18
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Terrible news, atlhough I wonder why Illinifan isn't seeing this issue?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:13 AM   #19
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Maybe I just need to keep going and I'll start seeing it in later seasons?
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:13 AM   #20
Kodos
Resident Alien

Maybe different quarter lengths? Although, doesn't the sim engine run on a set number of minutes?
Old 08-10-2005, 11:15 AM   #21
Anthony
Banned

someone tell me right now if i should trade in NCAA '06 for Madden '06. i'm going on my lunch break in a couple minutes and i want to know if i should walk the 10 blocks to the GameStop.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:18 AM   #22
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
someone tell me right now if i should trade in NCAA '06 for Madden '06. i'm going on my lunch break in a couple minutes and i want to know if i should walk the 10 blocks to the GameStop.
Keep NCAA and go buy Madden you cheap bastard.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:19 AM   #23
Anthony
Banned

one question i have:

how likely do you think it'd be for rival game companies to post anonymously in message boards and to post stuff like "these stats are so ridiculous" and "Michael Vick rushed for x amount of yards, meanwhile Manning only got this many passing yards!! aaargh!!1!"? do you think it's likely they would resort to trying to trash EA's product (obviously it's possible, i'm asking how likely you think it is). i only trust people's opinions from here since i've been familiar with many of you for quite some time, i don't put as much stock in complete internet strangers.

Last edited by Anthony : 08-10-2005 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:22 AM   #24
Kodos
Resident Alien

I would hold off on buying it for now.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:30 AM   #25
Philliesfan980
Banned

Boy this just really sucks. I don't even want to waste my time writing anything else.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:32 AM   #26
Gallifrey
High School Varsity

This is nothing new for the Madden series. It is for eye candy gamers. Not if you really want a realistic sim. Their model has been off for years.
Gallifrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:36 AM   #27
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm not expecting much different results, but I'll sim a season in a few minutes and post the top 10 in each category for the season.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:37 AM   #28
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallifrey
This is nothing new for the Madden series. It is for eye candy gamers. Not if you really want a realistic sim. Their model has been off for years.

Maybe, but not to this extent. Like I said earlier, it'd be hard for Madden to compete with FOF for statistical realisml, especially if human stats are included.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:46 AM   #29
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Maybe, but not to this extent. Like I said earlier, it'd be hard for Madden to compete with FOF for statistical realisml, especially if human stats are included.
Seconded. Also, I get this game not for realism, per se, but for gameplay and fun I'd get it!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:51 AM   #30
Philliesfan980
Banned

Will someone PLEASE make a nice simple graphical PC game?
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:05 PM   #31
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
one question i have:

how likely do you think it'd be for rival game companies to post anonymously in message boards and to post stuff like "these stats are so ridiculous" and "Michael Vick rushed for x amount of yards, meanwhile Manning only got this many passing yards!! aaargh!!1!"? do you think it's likely they would resort to trying to trash EA's product (obviously it's possible, i'm asking how likely you think it is). i only trust people's opinions from here since i've been familiar with many of you for quite some time, i don't put as much stock in complete internet strangers.

Probably unlikely, since with the widespread popularity and the involvement of the community such claims would most likely be quickly debunked.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:18 PM   #32
Hammer755
High School Varsity

I planned on passing on Madden & NCAA for the first time in 10+ years this time around. I think I played the 05 versions for just a few hours combined. However, I mentioned to my wife that the game came out yesterday and guess what she brought home from the grocery store as a present? So I consider it a gift and not spent money (even though I ultimately did spend the money for it ).

Last edited by Hammer755 : 08-10-2005 at 12:18 PM.
Hammer755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:24 PM   #33
Schmidty
Coordinator

I bought it. I love it.

I have been through a couple of seasons and haven't noticed anything like the above-mentioned problems; however, it must be noted that I'm not a stat-freak, so I don't obsessivly check everyone's numbers. I'm just about winning, baby!!
Old 08-10-2005, 12:29 PM   #34
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

This was a quick season sim with 13 minute quarters (I don't know if that matters or not.) All Pro Defaults. I didn't make any lineup adjustments.

AFC North:

Ravens 8-8
Browns 7-9
Bengals 5-11
Steelers 5-11

AFC south:

Colts 12-4
Titans 10-6
Jaguars 7-9
Texans 5-11

AFC East:

Patriots 11-4-1
Jets 11-5
Bills 9-7
Dolphins 6-10

AFC West:

Chiefs 10-6
Raiders 9-7
Broncos 8-8
Chargers 7-9

NFC North

Vikins 10-6
Bears 9-7
Pakcers 8-8
Lions 6-10

NFC South:

Saints 9-6-1
Falcons 8-8
Buccaneers 7-9
Panthers 6-10

NFC East:

Eagles 12-4
Giants 8-8
Cowboys 7-9
Redskins 6-10

NFC West:

Rams 10-6
Seahawks 9-7
49ers 5-11
Cardinals 5-11

Top 10 QB's by Rating:

1. Matt Hasselback 96.4, 1959 yards, 14 TD 6 INT, 185 of 273 for 67% complete. (injured for 6 games)

2. Peyton Manning 93.9, 4172 yards for 30 TD 14 INT, 349 of 551 passes for 63% complete.

3. Marc Bulger 88.9, 3655 yards for 25 TD 16 INT, 304 of 486 passes for 62% complete

4. Tom Brady, 86.8, 3127 yards for 24 TD 13 INT, 313 of 492 passes for 63% complete.

5. Chad Pennington 86.7, 3034 yards, 22 TD 11 INT, 310 of 482 passes for 64% complete.

6. Trent Green 86.6, 3516 yards, 24 TD 15 INT, 326 of 515 passes for 63% complete.

7. Carson Palmer 84.2, 1944 yards 8 TD 7 INT, 174 of 272 passes for 63% complete (Missed 6 games with injury)

8. Kerry Collins, 80.2, 3310 yards, 20 TD 14 INT, 309 of 517 passes 59% complete.

9. Steve McNair, 79.4, 2925 yards, 20 TD 12 INT, 284 of 485 passes 58% complete.

10. J.P Losman, 79.0, 2939 yards, 21 TD 18 INT, 245 of 418 passes 58% complete.

Leaders by Yardage:

1. Manning 4,172
2. Bulger 3,655
3. Green 3,516
4. Favre 3,476
5. Collins 3,310
6. Brady 3,127
7. Plummer 3,025
8. Bledsoe 3,014
9. Losman 2,939
10. Pennington 2,934

Other Notable: McNabb 68.1 RTG, 2,627 yards, 10 TD 18 INT, 252 of 421 59%. Missed 3 games with injury.

Leading Rushers (by attempts first)

1. Thomas Jones - 419 carries for 1558 yards, 3.7 avg, 11 TD

2. Kevin Jones - 403 carries for 1602 yards, 3.9 avg, 10 TD.

3. Ladainian Tomlinson - 398 carries for 1961 yards, 4.9 avg, 11 TD.

4. Lee Suggs - 387 carries for 1409 yards, 3.6 avg, 7 TD

5. Clinton Portis - 370 carries for 1788 yards, 4.8 avg, 7 TD.

6. Julius Jones - 344 carries for 1409 yards, 4.0 avg, 6 TD

7. Steven Jackson - 313 carries for 1392 yards, 4.4 avg, 9 TD

8. Edgerrin James - 309 carries for 1351 yards, 4,3 avg, 17 TD!

9. Corey Dillon - 301 carries for 1371 yards, 4.5 avg, 7 TD

10. Warrick Dunn - 299 carries for 1374 yards, 4.5 avg, 11 Td.

Leading Rushers by Yardage:

1. Tomlinson - 1961 yards.
2. Portis - 1788 yards.
3. K. Jones - 1602 yards.
4. T. Jones - 1558 yards.
5. J. Jones - 1409 yards.
6. Suggs - 1409 yards.
7. Jackson - 1392 yards.
8. Alexander - 1378 yards.
9. Dunn - 1374 yards.
10. Dillon - 1371 yards

Other Notables:

Vick did have 1226 yards on 116 carries with a 10.6 YPC and 7 rushing TD's. Not that terrible

Leading Receivers (by receptions):

1. Jimmy Smith: 118-1417-11.

2. Eric Moulds: 104-1365-14.

3. Terrell Owens: 100-1236-9.

4. Randy Moss: 99-1293-7.

5. Drew Bennett: 96-1081-11.

6. Isaac Bruce: 94-1369-10.

7. Andre Davis: 91-976-8.

8. Chad Johnson: 88-1072-7.

9. Marvin Harrison: 87-1390-12.

10. Reggie Wayne: 84-957-8.

Leading Tacklers:

1. Andra Davis - 147
2. Anthony Simmons - 137
3. Zach Thomas - 129
4. Keith Brooking - 123
5. Kevin Hardy - 119
6. Jeff Ulbrich - 119
7. Shelton Quarles - 118
8. Ed Hartwell - 117
9. Junior Seau - 115
10. Derrick Brooks - 114

Leading Sacks:

1. Tyoka Jackson - 20
2. Pat Williams - 19
3. Michael Strahan - 17
4. Sam Adams - 16
5. Justin Smith - 15
6. Anthony Simmons - 14
7. Vonnie Holliday - 14
8. Kevin Williams - 11
9. Shaun Ellis - 11
10. Fred Robbins - 11

Kearse only had 6 in 16 games!

Leading Interceptions:

1. Derrick Gibson - 7
2. Dre Bly - 7
3. Marlin Jackson - 7
4. Champ Bailey - 7
5. Deion Sanders - 6
6. Asante Samuel - 6
7. Bryan Scott - 6
8. Roy Williams - 6
9. Anthony Henry - 6
10. London Fletcher - 6

About a dozen players have 5 and another 8-10 players had 4.

Top 10 place kickers (by FG attempts):

1. Brien: 36 of 44.
2. Vinatieri: 33 of 44.
3. Janikowski: 32 of 43.
4. Feely: 32 of 43.
5. Carney: 34 of 41.
6. Vanderjagt: 33 of 41.
7. Scobee: 30 of 40.
8. Kimrin: 28 of 39.
9. Nugent: 30 of 39.
10. Akers: 32 of 39.

Overall, the stats look good to me. I think too many DT's and not enough DE's get sacks. I also think Vick's rushing yards are a bit high, but not that out of the realm of possibility. Again, I played with 13 minute quarters (perhaps that matters.)
Old 08-10-2005, 12:36 PM   #35
Anthony
Banned

those numbers seem just about right to me. nothing earth shattering and certainly not the end of the world for anythign that doesn't seem normal.

i guess if that's the way it's gonna be i might as well pick it up. my friends certainly are gonna buy it so i don't want to not have any Madden skills when we play against each other.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:39 PM   #36
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
those numbers seem just about right to me. nothing earth shattering and certainly not the end of the world for anythign that doesn't seem normal.

i guess if that's the way it's gonna be i might as well pick it up. my friends certainly are gonna buy it so i don't want to not have any Madden skills when we play against each other.

I've seen your record in past editions. You don't have any Madden skills anyway.

Maybe the level (All Pro, vs Pro or All Madden) matters for the stats?

Last edited by Kodos : 08-10-2005 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:03 PM   #37
korme
Go Reds

Chad Johnson only had 88 catches, Shayne Graham wasn't a top 10 kicker, and the Bengals went 5-11. What a joke of a sim season that was EF!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 01:05 PM   #38
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A few other things I decided to check out on this test league:

- Yeah, guys still retire too early even in their prime.

- The other big thing I wanted to check out was the draft:

1. Pittsburgh took the best HB with the 1st pick.

2. The Bengals took the top DE.

3. Texans took the top LT.

4. The Titans took the top QB.

5. 49ers took a LT.

6. Lions took a QB (Harrington didn't do well last year.)

7. The Dolphins took the next best QB.

8. The Panthers took a RT.

9. The Redskins took a LG.

10. The Jaguars took a RE.

11. The Chargers took a LE.

12. The Cowboys took a LT.

13. The Browns took a RE.

14. The Buccaneers took a QB (a bit of a reach who was projected to go 2nd round.)

15. The Packers took a DT.

16. The Giants took a LOLB.

17. The Broncos took a QB (he was actually projected to go late 1st round, higher than the Bucs QB)

18. The Falcons took the best SS in the draft.

19. The Raiders took the next best Safety.

20. The Bills took a FS.

21. The seahawks took a DT.

22. The Bears reach for a QB who was projected to go in the 2nd round.

23. The Titans take a HB.

24. The Jets take a LT.

25. The Ravens took a QB (Boller didn't do that well last year either.)

26. The Rams take a DT.

27. The Chiefs take a QB (Trent Green just retired, but this QB is a stretch too.)

28. Even though this isn't a league I'm going to keep, I take the #1 receiver in the draft who I can't believe fell to me. The crowd loves the pick.

29. The Saints take a ROLB. (I realize at this point that the draft order appears to be messed up. Why am I drafting before the Saints? Was there a pre-existing trade that I don't remember?)

30. The Patriots take a ROLB.

31. The Texans take a ROLB.

32. The Colts take the top CB who was ranked as a late first round talent.

I quick pick the rest of the draft. Here are round 2 results as well.

33. Pittsburgh takes a RT in round 2.

34. The Bengals take a good CB.

35. The Texans take a DT.

36. The cardinals take a FS with their first pick of the draft.

37. The 49ers take a RT this time. They now have two potential starting T's for each side.

38. The Lions take a FB.

39. The Dolphins take an outside linebacker.

40. The panthers take a RG.

41. The Redskins take a DE.

42. The Jaguars take a TE.

43. The Chargers take a FB.

44. The Cowboys take a FB.

45. The Browns take a LT.

46. The Bucs take a LOLB.

47. The Packers take a QB. Seems a bit high with a good QB ready to take over once Favre retires.

48. The Giants take a HB.

49. The Broncos take a HB.

50. The Falcons take a RG.

51. The Raiders take a HB.

52. The Bills take a RT.

53. The seahawks take a K.

54. The Bears take a RG.

55. The Titans take a K.

56. The Jets take a DT.

57. The Ravens take a DT.

58. The Rams take a LE.

59. The Chiefs take a FB.

60. The CPU picks a QB for the Eagles.

61. The Saints take a K. The draft order definitely appears to be messed up

62. The Patriots take an inside linebacker.

63. The Vikings take a SS with their first pick of the draft.

64. The Colts take a CB again.

The draft order appears to be messed up, however, I think the draft logic is improved with teams doing a better job of drafting for need. I also think there is more variety in the drafting patterns this year..

Oh well, I'm done testing stuff. Time to play and have some fun.

Oh yeah, Kodos, I didn't see anywhere to realign the divisons. However, there is an option for a fantasy draft agian.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:12 PM   #39
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Oh yeah, Kodos, I didn't see anywhere to realign the divisons. However, there is an option for a fantasy draft agian.

I ran a fantasy draft last night, and thought it was messed up. Manning wasn't picked until #5. I think a DT was actually drafted before him. I was unimpressed.

You can insert created teams, but can't get real NFL logos on helmets again without jumping through hoops in dynasty mode. I just wish I could change the number of teams, realign divisions, and draft classic players. Why can't developers allow for more customization?
Old 08-10-2005, 01:48 PM   #40
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
I've gone through about 6 seasons total, I simmed the first 3 in superstar, and went through 3 in franchise and so far the most rushing yards anyone has had was 1983, Shaun Alexander in franchise mode. Passing stats seemed alot like last year. Only stat I'm noticing is the rushing attempts where a few guys have over 400. :S

And pancakes in Madden 2006 are so high when playing your games out like NCAA 2006.

and if you getting way more pancakes when playing your game out than the franchsise pancake sim stats, then your offensive line will progress way faster than the computer team.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 01:52 PM   #41
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Maybe different quarter lengths? Although, doesn't the sim engine run on a set number of minutes?

sims stats has no affect on the sliders, the level you play and time you set per quarter.

i wish it did.

Last edited by jbmagic : 08-10-2005 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:59 PM   #42
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
sims stats has no affect on the sliders, the level you play and time you set per quarter.

i wish it did.

I don't know. Something seems to be significantly affecting the sim stats. I didn't see the high number of rushes that some people report seeing. Perhaps, this version is different in those things are a factor somehow. Or perhaps, there is a wide variance built into this sim model.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:18 PM   #43
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
one question i have:

Well we did have that sort of thing happen not too long ago on these message boards before an apology and an opening of a scandal. It was one of the great dramas on this message board. I'm surprised you don't recall it.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:24 PM   #44
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I don't know. Something seems to be significantly affecting the sim stats. I didn't see the high number of rushes that some people report seeing. Perhaps, this version is different in those things are a factor somehow. Or perhaps, there is a wide variance built into this sim model.

that why people are playing different quarters per minute to try to match the sims stats.

try 5 mins quarter and the sim stats are not based on 5 mins quarter.

there based on 15 mins per quarter games like the NFL. check the gamelog and you will see time of possesion=60 minutes

but when playing we have to use 12-13 mins accerlation to get stats close to sim stats.

or 7-9 nonaccerlation to get close to sim stats.

i wish if we play 5 mins than the sims stats will be based on 5 mins quarter too.

try simming a season on each level and you will not notice much difference in the stats.

Last edited by jbmagic : 08-10-2005 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:26 PM   #45
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Kodos, you bought the game?!?! You were my inspiration to hold out. Tempted by the Superstar mode, I thought about buying the game, but then I said, "NO! Kodos is holding out against EA for gobbling up the exclusive license. I must not falter. I too will hold out." And so I walked away from the game.

Now I discover that you have caved in? Ah...the agony.

Am I the only one left?
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:59 PM   #46
Kodos
Resident Alien

Be strong, man. I have failed.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:43 PM   #47
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic

I am so sorry.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:07 PM   #48
j51
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz
Kodos, you bought the game?!?! You were my inspiration to hold out. Tempted by the Superstar mode, I thought about buying the game, but then I said, "NO! Kodos is holding out against EA for gobbling up the exclusive license. I must not falter. I too will hold out." And so I walked away from the game.

Now I discover that you have caved in? Ah...the agony.

Am I the only one left?
If Superstar is your greatest temptation then save your money and don't look back, its really quite shallow.
j51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:17 PM   #49
aran
High School Varsity

I just simmed a season and didn't see any discrepencies worth noting, besides the fact that the average PPG was around 22-24. Almost all the games the Jets played were like 34 - 17 or 37-35 or similar. Only a few times did the winner score fewer than thirty points. I don't know if this is unrealistic, but it just seems like scores you're more likely to see in an NCAA game.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:42 PM   #50
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm about to go trade in some games and get a copy. I just found a buttload of games that I'll never play again, so I'm willing to gamble.