Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-21-2009, 07:48 AM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL Week 10 Has Begun! Deadline is 5/27/09 at 10PM

I advanced last night and then fell asleep before posting it. Deadline is Tuesday night, but hopefully we can finish sooner.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-22-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:38 PM   #2
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Colorado took out its frustrations on Kansas 76-34. We returned two kickoffs and two interceptions for TDs resulting in the lopsidedness.

CU, KU and MU are tied for first in the North with a health lead over the 1-4 wonders at the bottom. I don't think any North team has beaten a South team yet. We now own tiebreakers on both MU and KU so as long as we don't stub our toe against KSU and NU, we should be able to get A&M on a neutral field in the Big 12 title game.

Last edited by kcchief19 : 05-21-2009 at 09:38 PM.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I think this is my week to play WVUFan's Arkansas team. When are you available to play? This is probably the worst weekend of the year for me so far (I work in retail, so no days off for Memorial Day weekend).

-Friday is definitely out.
-Saturday is a maybe, but it would really depend on what time you'd be available to play. If this is the day that ultimately works best for you, then post a time here (preferably later in the evening). I'll do my best to make it work.
-Sunday I could play, but not until 10 PM EST.
-Monday I could play, but not until sometime around 9 or 10 PM EST (and I know this day is the deadline).
-Tuesday night I could play, pretty much anytime in the later part of the evening (after 6:30 PM EST...though I know it's the day after the deadline...but it could be a last resort if we need it).

Sorry my availability is so limited. Honestly, Sunday night would be the best day for me. It may work for you, too, since it would mean the little ones would be in bed.

I'll check back here in a few hours and I'll check back here on Friday night. I'll do everything I can to make sure we get this game in. Let me know
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:39 AM   #4
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
I think this is my week to play WVUFan's Arkansas team. When are you available to play? This is probably the worst weekend of the year for me so far (I work in retail, so no days off for Memorial Day weekend).

-Friday is definitely out.
-Saturday is a maybe, but it would really depend on what time you'd be available to play. If this is the day that ultimately works best for you, then post a time here (preferably later in the evening). I'll do my best to make it work.
-Sunday I could play, but not until 10 PM EST.
-Monday I could play, but not until sometime around 9 or 10 PM EST (and I know this day is the deadline).
-Tuesday night I could play, pretty much anytime in the later part of the evening (after 6:30 PM EST...though I know it's the day after the deadline...but it could be a last resort if we need it).

Sorry my availability is so limited. Honestly, Sunday night would be the best day for me. It may work for you, too, since it would mean the little ones would be in bed.

I'll check back here in a few hours and I'll check back here on Friday night. I'll do everything I can to make sure we get this game in. Let me know

Sunday night is best for me too. Let's plan on playing Sunday after 10.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 05-22-2009 at 05:39 AM.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:14 AM   #5
BigDPW
College Prospect

Can we bump the deadline to Monday night. I will be out of town until monday.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:12 AM   #6
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

While we usually don't extend the deadlines for human vs CPU games, I was completely forgetting that it is a holiday weekend where we usually give an extra day or two. Therefore, I will extend the deadline until Tuesday night if needed, but would love to see us finish by Monday night.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:37 AM   #7
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I appreciate the delay since...my wife had the twins last night. Yep, I'm a dad x 4. I should be able to get my game in sometime this weekend (I know I'll need to play just to have one hour of down time since I'm the family's public relations person this weekend). Can't remember who I play, I think Oklahoma.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:43 AM   #8
Kodos
Resident Alien

Congratulations, ColtCrazy! Twins, and 4 altogether? You've got your work cut out for you!
Old 05-22-2009, 10:29 AM   #9
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Grats to the new double daddy
Old 05-22-2009, 04:40 PM   #10
BigDPW
College Prospect

Congrats man! Got two boys at home and cannot imagine what it would be like with 4?
Old 05-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #11
WVUFAN
College Starter

Congratulations!

Old 05-22-2009, 05:22 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Congratulations on the new additions to your family!
Old 05-22-2009, 06:07 PM   #13
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
I appreciate the delay since...my wife had the twins last night. Yep, I'm a dad x 4. I should be able to get my game in sometime this weekend (I know I'll need to play just to have one hour of down time since I'm the family's public relations person this weekend). Can't remember who I play, I think Oklahoma.

Congrats! (and good luck!)

Edit--I mean good luck with the little ones...I don't think you'll need luck with OU.

Last edited by Raiders Army : 05-22-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:07 PM   #14
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Thanks guys. Wife is spending one more night at the hospital. The boys have been moved from the NICU to an Intermediate Nursery (they were 36 weeks, a little early). They are monitoring their lungs right now. We aren't overly concerned, we went through much worse with out daughter in the NICU....we are vets to this now. I'm home with the kids, our daughter's taking it the worst. At nearly 3, she just doesn't understand why mommy's not here.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #15
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
Sunday night is best for me too. Let's plan on playing Sunday after 10.

Sounds good. I will logon to Live at 10 (or hopefully a little before). See you Sunday night. Good luck
Old 05-23-2009, 08:21 AM   #16
Raiders Army
Coordinator

The Cowboys beat the Longhorns 48-23.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:55 PM   #17
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Hey WVUFan. I'm online now if you want to play the game. Drop me an invite. See you soon
Old 05-24-2009, 09:26 PM   #18
WVUFAN
College Starter

I just now got home. If you're online, we can play

Old 05-24-2009, 10:54 PM   #19
WVUFAN
College Starter

Great game as always, king. Best of luck in the rest of the season.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:58 PM   #20
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Kentucky defeats Arkansas 56-34. Arkansas' Ryan Mallett had over 400 yards passing and set a school record for yards in a game. I also knocked out his best WR for the remainder of the season (ouch ). However, the story of the game was the turnover battle. Arkansas turned the ball over 3 times (2 INT & 1 fumble) and Kentucky had zero turnovers. My CB returned both INT's for TD's. That was the difference in the game. Both INT's (and the fumble also, I think) occurred in my territory, so they were drive stoppers. We also held Arkansas to field goals several times after giving up sizable plays earlier in their respective drives.

We're through the human part of the regular season schedule (whew). We went 3-1 against humans (2-0 in the SEC) though it could easily have been 1-3. I'll take that. We need to beat Tennessee & Georgia (and maybe a filler game or two) and we're into the SEC title game, where we'll most likely meet Mississippi State. I'm sure they'll be out for revenge. If I can get through my game in Rocky Top, I'll feel pretty good about my chances. I just know that these AI bastards are due to get me sometime...and Tennessee has been one of my toughest AI opponents.

Good game, WVUFan. Good luck the rest of the way. Hope you can make it to a bowl game. Sorry about cutting off our conversation at the end of our game...I always think I'm in private chat. Hope to see you in the bowl season
Old 05-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #21
BigDPW
College Prospect

In front of a bunch of key recruits I was able to knock off the FSU Criminoles after getting behind 10-0 early I stormed back to win 38-31 on a TD with 12 seconds remaining.

Felt good to win against the #11 team in the nation. I ended up having to play my true fresh #1 QB from last years recruiting class when Russell Wilson went down. I didn't think to look to see if it was a multigame injury or not. IF it is then am down to one QB.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:30 PM   #22
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Wow. If he goes down, you'll have a legit reason to bring in a WR or HB at QB and run a triple option offense.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #23
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Sorry about all the delays. If the weekend hasn't been hectic enough, I've been offline for a bit. I've never had a DNF ever in Madden or NCAA but I went down Friday and never could get back on. I hate that, it really bugs me. I finally think I got things going, and I'll redo my stuff tomorrow night sometime. Been at the hospital today so I'm too tired to get it in tonight.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:01 PM   #24
cmp
Pro Rookie

I'm getting my game in tonight. It's been a hectic weekend.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:52 PM   #25
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
I'm getting my game in tonight. It's been a hectic weekend.

If you don't mind, please post when you are done. My sleep schedule was completely messed up this weekend, and I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night. Therefore, there is a chance I won't be up until the deadline tonight. If I don't advance it tonight, I will advance first thing in the morning tomorrow before work.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #26
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I'm playing my game right now, will post when I'm done. Sorry again about the delays.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:19 PM   #27
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Texas A&M 28, Oklahoma 25. Oklahoma gave me some fits at times...they won't be tackled and they seem to go for anything under 4th and 10. But I played it too conservatively when I was up 28-10. Defense made some big stops to make up for my bonehead offensive gameplan.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:02 AM   #28
Raiders Army
Coordinator

FWIW, I'm out of town and will return Saturday. I'll play my next week's game then.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:19 PM   #29
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I screwed up a few times in the last month and twice in this thread alone. First, I forgot to account for a major holiday as we had always done this past year. Then, I moved the date to "Tuesday the 27th." Since that was obviously ambiguous I waited until the actual 27th to advance, but I will advance at the deadline tonight. Sorry about the screw-ups.