Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-06-2020, 12:38 PM   #24351
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I can feel the tumult now. I feel it in the air. Trump followers everywhere trying to decide whether to keep thinking the virus is a hoax or to complain about protesters spreading the virus
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 12:56 PM   #24352
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
People are overthinking the Graham thing. The party embraced Trump, and he's a politician doing what almost all politicians do - surviving. It's virtually guaranteed to be no more complicated than that. The thing is, as much as we complain when politicians don't do what their constituents want, I'm not sure we have a lot of room to talk collectively.

I've always thought that people trying to find the double secret reason why a GOP politician from South Carolina supports Trump were ignoring a pretty obvious point.

It would be much more noteworthy if the GOP senator from South Carolina didn't support Trump.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 12:56 PM   #24353
JPhillips
General Manager

Everything's a con.

Quote:
GUILFORD, Maine – President Donald Trump traveled to Maine Friday to tour a facility that makes medical swabs used for coronavirus testing, but the swabs manufactured in the background during his visit will ultimately be thrown in the trash, the company said.

Puritan Medical Products said it will have to discard the swabs, a company spokeswoman told USA TODAY in response to questions about the visit.

It is not clear why the swabs will be scrapped, or how many. The company described its manufacturing plans for Friday as "limited" – but the disruption comes as public health officials in Maine and other states have complained that a shortage of swabs has hampered their ability to massively scale up coronavirus testing.

Workers in white lab coats, hair nets and plastic booties worked at machines making swabs while the president walked through the room. Trump, who did not wear a mask for the visit, stopped at one point to talk with some of the workers.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:01 PM   #24354
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola: For whatever it is worth, I do think that Graham is gay. And I feel really sad for him that he's had to live a closeted life. I wish that he could have been out and open and married and happy. Maybe he'd be a lawyer in Columbia instead of a Senator. Maybe that's not the life he wanted. Maybe making it to the Senate was worth everything for him. But I doubt it. And I wish for him that he could have been happy and honest instead.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:02 PM   #24355
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I can feel the tumult now. I feel it in the air. Trump followers everywhere trying to decide whether to keep thinking the virus is a hoax or to complain about protesters spreading the virus

The ones I've seen are siding with hoax -- there is all this protesting, so obviously the protesters (libs) are not really concerned about social distancing/virus spread at all, because if they were they wouldn't be out.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:03 PM   #24356
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
dola: For whatever it is worth, I do think that Graham is gay. And I feel really sad for him that he's had to live a closeted life. I wish that he could have been out and open and married and happy. Maybe he'd be a lawyer in Columbia instead of a Senator. Maybe that's not the life he wanted. Maybe making it to the Senate was worth everything for him. But I doubt it. And I wish for him that he could have been happy and honest instead.

This. The closet eventually destroys people.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:33 PM   #24357
PilotMan
Head Coach

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clima...onal-monument/

President Trump signed a proclamation Friday that opened the Atlantic Ocean’s only fully protected marine sanctuary to commercial fishing, dismissing arguments that crab traps, fishing nets and lines dangling hooks can harm fish and whales.

Fishing can resume at the Northeast Canyons and Seamounts Marine National Monument off the coast of New England, Trump said. The Obama administration closed off nearly 5,000 square miles of ocean in September 2016 to save whales and allow marine life to recover from overfishing. The controversial decision was praised by conservationists and challenged by commercial fishermen from the start.

“We’re opening it up today,” Trump declared during a roundtable discussion with commercial fishermen and Maine’s former Republican governor, Paul LePage. “We’re undoing his executive order. What was his reason? He didn’t have a reason, in my opinion."

The best idiot line from this entire thing:

Quote:
Maggie Raymond, executive director of Associated Fisheries of Maine, praised Trump at the event for directing a regional fisheries management council to determine what sort of fishing can take place in the once-protected area. “You’re bringing that process back,” she said.

“You’re so lucky I’m president,” Trump replied. “I don’t even know you, and you’re so lucky.”

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 01:35 PM   #24358
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
I've always thought that people trying to find the double secret reason why a GOP politician from South Carolina supports Trump were ignoring a pretty obvious point.

It would be much more noteworthy if the GOP senator from South Carolina didn't support Trump.

I certainly agree that giving in to political pressure is a more likely reason for Graham's actions than some crazy bribery conspiracy, but I think the reason the Graham thing resonated so much isn't that he started supporting Trump, but that he did a complete 180 on specific issues, without so much as a Susan Collins "concern" on them.

I mean, Marco Rubio's version of supporting Trump is to ignore Trump's worst actions, attack liberals, and post bible quotes. Graham's departure from where he was in 2016 is much sharper.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 01:53 PM   #24359
bronconick
College Starter

He just could be wishy-washy. He used to follow McCain around, with him gone he's now Trump's lapdog.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 02:51 PM   #24360
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I certainly agree that giving in to political pressure is a more likely reason for Graham's actions than some crazy bribery conspiracy, but I think the reason the Graham thing resonated so much isn't that he started supporting Trump, but that he did a complete 180 on specific issues, without so much as a Susan Collins "concern" on them.

I mean, Marco Rubio's version of supporting Trump is to ignore Trump's worst actions, attack liberals, and post bible quotes. Graham's departure from where he was in 2016 is much sharper.

Ted Cruz?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 03:15 PM   #24361
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Ted Cruz?

SI

Yeah, that's a good one, too. I do get great enjoyment out of thinking about how hard it must be for Cruz to stand by the guy who has personally insulted him and his family. It has to really eat him up inside. But he almost certainly would've been primaried in 2018 without it.

Still, Cruzz always felt more like he had personal/moral differences with Trump rather than political ones.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 06:10 PM   #24362
whomario
Pro Starter

I know everybody is numb, but ...

Is a sitting President threatening people like a Mafia boss really the new normal ?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...66947938590721

I mean, this does mean what i think ? He is saying that unless the National Guard is treated well (whatever the fuck that means) he will bring in people that aren't so warm and fuzzy ? Also, how does that make the active military members feel, when they get presented like trained attack dogs doing their owners bidding or some shit while being pitted against american citizens ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 06-06-2020 at 06:11 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 10:34 PM   #24363
JPhillips
General Manager

A WH staffer and wife of the head of CPAC retweeted a video of a guy yelling at protestors, at one point yelling fucking ni@#$$%. Is there any doubt that any other President would have already fired this person? And is there any doubt she's perfectly safe with Trump?
Old 06-07-2020, 07:57 AM   #24364
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

This woman is so good. She does these videos often, but this might be one of the best.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 06-07-2020 at 07:57 AM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 08:34 AM   #24365
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

The stupid Bible move didn't work, and may have even backfired. Approval rating among white Evangelicals has dropped from 77% in March to 62% this week.
Old 06-07-2020, 09:23 AM   #24366
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
The stupid Bible move didn't work, and may have even backfired. Approval rating among white Evangelicals has dropped from 77% in March to 62% this week.

It'll be back up to 77% by election time because of Biden's emails or something.

One of the more disappointing things to me over the past 4 years were the number of evangelical friends who were perfectly willing to blindly look past Trump's "sins" and try to justify him as "moral". I mean, if you want to play a means-justifies-the-ends game with conservative judges, etc - go ahead, but to pretend he's anything but an immoral man requires simply looking away. It's not forgiveness, it's willful ignorance and it's going to be something they have to answer for after they've shuffled off this mortal coil.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 06-07-2020 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:57 AM   #24367
QuikSand
lolzcat

You just know there's a solid WH faction saying "why didn't we just do this?"
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:07 AM   #24368
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

FTFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
You just know there's a solid WH faction saying "why don't we just do this?"

SI

Old 06-08-2020, 11:24 AM   #24369
kingfc22
Head Coach

Time to see if the NFL will kowtow back in line and risk player fallout or just stay silent and ignore bunker boy.
Old 06-08-2020, 02:39 PM   #24370
JPhillips
General Manager

Erdogan running a test to see how stupid and gullible Trump really is.

Old 06-08-2020, 02:52 PM   #24371
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Hmmmm, I have also heard that the writers for the later season of Lost, the surviving members of Sublime, and paper straws are behind the violence and looting.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 02:53 PM   #24372
cuervo72
Head Coach

I mean there's no reason why Soros can't be funding both PKK *and* Antifa, right?
Old 06-08-2020, 04:23 PM   #24373
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I don't know how likely this is, but holy shit, please!

403 Forbidden

Quote:
The United States Space Force was only announced two years ago and has yet to engage in any military operations, but the latest branch of the U.S. armed forces already stands to lose its first battle -- to Netflix's Space Force.

The streaming service premiered its new sci-fi/comedy series Space Force on May 29. The show's name has no relation to the newest organization of the U.S. military, which unveiled its official flag only two weeks earlier. Because of the common moniker, though, the United States Space Force's first battle might be a trademark war -- fought in court, rather than in space.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 06-08-2020 at 04:24 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 04:28 PM   #24374
GrantDawg

I am do tired of winning. Can we please stop all the winning.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2020, 07:50 AM   #24375
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

So if you lose, then you double your bet. And if you lose that, then you double it again. And you keep doubling your bet until you win.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:05 AM   #24376
Kodos
Resident Alien

A time-proven strategy.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:11 AM   #24377
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I know we have become numb to just how low he can stoop, but man, that is some next level shit right there.

How anyone can support that is so beyond me.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 08:15 AM   #24378
QuikSand
lolzcat

Presumably he saw something on Fox News with this absurd story, right? He didn't, you know, just come up with this theory, of course. It involves multi syllable words and everything.

Imagine being him and thinking "yes, THIS is it, time to tweet it to everyone"
Old 06-09-2020, 08:21 AM   #24379
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Presumably he saw something on Fox News with this absurd story, right? He didn't, you know, just come up with this theory, of course. It involves multi syllable words and everything.

Imagine being him and thinking "yes, THIS is it, time to tweet it to everyone"

He tagged One America News Network. so I assume he saw it there.

If Fox is marijuana, then OANN is crystal meth.

They are not constrained by whatever fig leaf Fox has to keep on to pretend that it is a legitimate news organization.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:41 AM   #24380
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

They are not constrained by whatever fig leaf Fox has to keep on to pretend that it is a legitimate news organization.

Which is exactly what authoritarian and totalitarian regimes love. As long as it's a voice of support, feed, and amplify to legitimacy. I wonder if Bolsonaro has his own OANN yet?

Like Steam?

Old 06-09-2020, 09:05 AM   #24381
JPhillips
General Manager

The reporter for OANN works for Sputnick which is controlled by the Kremlin, so Russian disinformation straight to the twitter feed of the President.

There has to be a generation of former KGB guys just mesmerized by how easy this is.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:30 AM   #24382
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

So if you lose, then you double your bet. And if you lose that, then you double it again. And you keep doubling your bet until you win.

I have gotten to the point where I shrug off most of his stupidity, but this is next level low and just infuriates me, beyond words, what a despicable, piece of shit!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 09:31 AM   #24383
QuikSand
lolzcat

He's going to "win" with this, won't he? In a few days (hours?), all the actual pro-Trump voices and their legions of bot accomplices will vocally take up the side that all the police violence is staged and should be discounted to zero. And the issue will become another red/blue "draw" because you have to pay attention to both sides. That's where this goes, doesn't it?
Old 06-09-2020, 10:00 AM   #24384
QuikSand
lolzcat

on the other hand...

lol
Old 06-09-2020, 10:49 AM   #24385
Kodos
Resident Alien

Old 06-09-2020, 12:37 PM   #24386
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

One of the ironies here is that if the GOP had just let Obamacare's death panels kill all the elderly, then they wouldn't be around now to be Antifa super soldiers.

The law of unintended consequences wins again.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:02 PM   #24387
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
He's going to "win" with this, won't he? In a few days (hours?), all the actual pro-Trump voices and their legions of bot accomplices will vocally take up the side that all the police violence is staged and should be discounted to zero. And the issue will become another red/blue "draw" because you have to pay attention to both sides. That's where this goes, doesn't it?

I'm not sure if you are looking for actual discussion or just making a joke but I feel like the "Defund the police" for all it's intended purposes may end up being 2021's "How the hell did Trump get elected again?" situation. People can argue with me on here (they do on other sites) all they want about what the real intent is and how it is being misportrayed etc but in the end Trump will talk about how cities like Minneapolis have no police at the debates and in rallies, Biden will respond with something that doesn't make sense and Trump will win on this issue. Seems like they should have learned their lesson with Hillary and Michael Brown's mother at the Democratic convention.

(I really don't want a Trump 2nd term any more than you guys but seems like the Democrats may be heading to their usual how to throw away an election that should be easy to win... see 2016, 2004, 2000...)
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:17 PM   #24388
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
One of the ironies here is that if the GOP had just let Obamacare's death panels kill all the elderly, then they wouldn't be around now to be Antifa super soldiers.

The law of unintended consequences wins again.

Heh
Old 06-09-2020, 01:30 PM   #24389
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Biden will respond with something that doesn't make sense and Trump will win on this issue. Seems like they should have learned their lesson with Hillary and Michael Brown's mother at the Democratic convention.

(I really don't want a Trump 2nd term any more than you guys but seems like the Democrats may be heading to their usual how to throw away an election that should be easy to win... see 2016, 2004, 2000...)

FWIW, Biden and his campaign has already responded as explicitly & loudly as they could yesterday.

Biden campaign opposes calls to 'defund the police' | TheHill

Biden Opposes Defunding Police, Campaign Says : Live Updates: Protests For Racial Justice : NPR

Biden supports reform but not the 'defund police' movement | USA News | Al Jazeera

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...gains-traction
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 06-09-2020 at 01:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:49 PM   #24390
Atocep
Coordinator

Single poll disclaimer and all, but McConnell may be in trouble in Kentucky. A RMG poll shows McGrath with a 1 point lead overall that extends to 15 points when voters are informed that she supports Senateterm limits and McConnell doesn't.

Another poll has Greenfield up 3 on Ernst in Iowa.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:54 PM   #24391
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Interesting. I admit I don't follow the news cycle continually but I think I do follow what is going on and I didn't know that. He really needs to distance from it because we both know that Trump can easily pin this on him. Especially if he catches flack from the far left and tries to dance around the edges of it.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:01 PM   #24392
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Interesting. I admit I don't follow the news cycle continually but I think I do follow what is going on and I didn't know that. He really needs to distance from it because we both know that Trump can easily pin this on him. Especially if he catches flack from the far left and tries to dance around the edges of it.

The "defunding" phrasing is being used as El Cucuy in this narrative and really needs to be repurposed as reallocation of funding to better serve the community and Police force, ala what Camden NJ did. Even though the union has managed to creep back into the Camden department after I did some lengthy research on it last night, it still seems like a solid model to both improve policing and satisfy community leaders.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:07 PM   #24393
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Single poll disclaimer and all, but McConnell may be in trouble in Kentucky. A RMG poll shows McGrath with a 1 point lead overall that extends to 15 points when voters are informed that she supports Senateterm limits and McConnell doesn't.

I worked with Matt Jones, who is a sports/politics radio/TV guy up there now and was flirting with the idea of running for the Dem nomination.

He made the (I think smart) decision to stay in radio/TV and avoid the stress of a campaign.

But I really wish he had run. Because if this is the once-every-20-years wave election that could actually take McConnell out, it would have been really neat to actually personally know a Senator.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:07 PM   #24394
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

She completely needs to tap into the libertarian base here. It's the path that killed Bevin and if she can exploit enough of it, it's the only path.

Like Steam?

Old 06-09-2020, 02:13 PM   #24395
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Keep it up!
Old 06-09-2020, 02:15 PM   #24396
bronconick
College Starter

I see Brian Kemp's dry run at suppressing the hell out of Georgia in November is going splendidly today
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:19 PM   #24397
Kodos
Resident Alien

What's the best time to donate to the people running against McConnell and Graham?
Old 06-09-2020, 02:28 PM   #24398
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
What's the best time to donate to the people running against McConnell and Graham?

Monday through Friday
Old 06-09-2020, 02:30 PM   #24399
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Early and often.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:32 PM   #24400
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
I see Brian Kemp's dry run at suppressing the hell out of Georgia in November is going splendidly today
This is just no shock. The courts have already proven they are turning their backs on voter rights, why just not blatantly suppress votes?