Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-16-2020, 07:59 PM   #24601
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I watched two entire seasons of the Apprentice. I hope nobody finds that out.

You're fired!
Old 06-16-2020, 09:18 PM   #24602
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I agree that this was stupid. However, this went nowhere. People saw it as such and Dominos did not, in fact, get cancelled. Instead, people from both the right and the left are rightly dunking on Rick Wilson. And he may have ironically got himself cancelled due to an Instagram post someone found where he has a cooler with a Confederate flag on it.

I agree that cancel culture can go too far. However, I don't think the Gundy situation is as simplistic as you're making it out to be. Similar to the FSU situation where the coach lied about having a meeting with his players, it goes beyond just a t-shirt and touches on the issues of a mostly white coaching culture disconnected from the real concerns of its players.

Yeah I am going to shock you maybe but I agree with what you are saying and you have changed my mind on Gundy. Especially with what is coming out afterwards from other players. Why can't it just start out as the guy is an asshole and uses borderline racist techniques though instead of crying about a shirt?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 09:22 PM   #24603
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
What's FDR hiding? Why won't the press admit what we all know is true? He's in a wheelchair. With the world at war, don't we need a strong President?

I could name 100 reasons to vote against Trump without needing to pause. Resorting to his physical weakness is juvenile bullying. Do better Lincoln Project.

Yeah this reeks of Hilary "fainting" on the campaign trail. These are old people (my parent's age) doing exhausting jobs that would tire me out at 45.

I have no idea what the Lincoln Project is though.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:47 PM   #24604
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Yeah I am going to shock you maybe but I agree with what you are saying and you have changed my mind on Gundy. Especially with what is coming out afterwards from other players. Why can't it just start out as the guy is an asshole and uses borderline racist techniques though instead of crying about a shirt?

Well, the shirt complaints worked.
Old 06-16-2020, 10:15 PM   #24605
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah this reeks of Hilary "fainting" on the campaign trail. These are old people (my parent's age) doing exhausting jobs that would tire me out at 45.

I have no idea what the Lincoln Project is though.

The Lincoln Project is basically Republicans trying to convince other Republicans not to vote for Trump. So I agree 100% with you and Albion that this isn't a big deal, but I also don't think anyone on this board is the target audience for this ad.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 10:50 PM   #24606
bronconick
College Starter

Some of this runs on FNC and is targeted at a one man audience just like the Trump campaign ran ads in DC last week, where all of 6 Republicans actually live. I'll be thrilled when the President doesn't watch TV for 14 hours a day again for targeted advertising.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 07:41 AM   #24607
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

White House is apparently suing John Bolton to prevent release of his book.

But, according to legal people I follow, the lawsuit is not structured in a way that would actually do that (in terms of who is being joined in the suit, what relief they are technically asking for, etc.)

Which makes me think that Bolton and the WH are in on this together. The "lawsuit" is a publicity stunt to drive sales in exchange for the "tell all" book not actually telling anything that would hurt Trump. It will be a bunch of stuff we already know and, like, one small nugget that we don't that won't change anyone's mind about anything.

Win for Trump.
Win for Bolton.
Win for the Swamp.

Everything's a con.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 08:00 AM   #24608
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Sure, that's ridiculous.

...but I'd also like to address the stock pizza picture they chose for that article:

WTF?

is that....cheddar? or just congealed grease?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 08:04 AM   #24609
PilotMan
Head Coach

I read the intro to the book on Kindle and what a fucking, self serving, pile of fucking shit Bolton is. It's I know the real truth, I did the real stuff, illegal shit was going on all around me, and I knew it! The democrats fucked up because the impeachment wasn't BROAD enough, because so much illegal shit was going down, everywhere. Fuck this guy.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 09:02 AM   #24610
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The Lincoln Project is basically Republicans trying to convince other Republicans not to vote for Trump. So I agree 100% with you and Albion that this isn't a big deal, but I also don't think anyone on this board is the target audience for this ad.

I am, 100%. Actually, not so much a target since I'm already convinced, but people like me. That said, this type of ad isn't necessary. They have several others that are far better.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 09:19 AM   #24611
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I am, 100%. Actually, not so much a target since I'm already convinced, but people like me. That said, this type of ad isn't necessary. They have several others that are far better.

Yeah I agree here as much as I liked seeing the ads from Lincoln Project, sometimes they stoop too low. If it not okay to make fun of a disabled journalist, then it shouldn't be okay to make fun of a disabled anybody. I like Repbulicans against Trump videos more. So far they show disenchanted lifelong Republican voters saying they are done with the Republicans and will vote for Biden this time instead of voting for Trump again.

I wish there were some Democratic groups out there making ads like this.
Old 06-17-2020, 11:24 AM   #24612
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...virus-vaccine/

That sorry son of a bitch is going to give anti-vaxxers ammunition for generations.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:27 AM   #24613
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
White House is apparently suing John Bolton to prevent release of his book.

But, according to legal people I follow, the lawsuit is not structured in a way that would actually do that (in terms of who is being joined in the suit, what relief they are technically asking for, etc.)

Which makes me think that Bolton and the WH are in on this together. The "lawsuit" is a publicity stunt to drive sales in exchange for the "tell all" book not actually telling anything that would hurt Trump. It will be a bunch of stuff we already know and, like, one small nugget that we don't that won't change anyone's mind about anything.

Win for Trump.
Win for Bolton.
Win for the Swamp.

Everything's a con.

This has never smelled right from the start. Bolton is as crooked as they come and there's never been a ton of smoke around the idea that he and Trump have bad blood beyond the usual amount between Trump and anyone in his cabinet. I've never thought what angle Bolton could attack Trump from either. Like the usual lame interoffice "he poops and doesn't flush" junk but not anything that would move the dial. Hardly anyone in the country gives two whits about foreign policy. I mean, hell, Eric Trump /himself/ released his own emails about meeting with Russia and that got a collective shrug. Book selling con has always seemed the most likely outcome and, of course, outlets like CNN are going right along with it with pieces like "what could Trump fear from Bolton". The answer is nothing, stupids. Nothing.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:43 AM   #24614
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
is that....cheddar? or just congealed grease?

Looks like Papa John's pizza that has been dipped in excessive amount of garlic sauce.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 12:20 PM   #24615
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...virus-vaccine/

That sorry son of a bitch is going to give anti-vaxxers ammunition for generations.

Would be totally on brand for the Trump administration to fast track a vaccine that ends up having dreadful long term consequences for our entire population.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 12:38 PM   #24616
Kodos
Resident Alien

Maybe we can go all I Am Legend!
Old 06-17-2020, 01:56 PM   #24617
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Well maybe we were a little quick to assume nothing explosive was going to be in Bolton's book:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...3b2_story.html

Quote:
President Trump asked Chinese President Xi Jinping to help him win the 2020 U.S. election, telling Xi during a summit dinner last year that increased agricultural purchases by Beijing from American farmers would aid his electoral prospects, according to a damning new account of life inside the Trump administration by former national security adviser John Bolton.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2020, 02:24 PM   #24618
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Well maybe we were a little quick to assume nothing explosive was going to be in Bolton's book:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...3b2_story.html

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

How is this any different from Obama telling Putin to lay off until after elections and he could work with him after?

Still disagree with both situations, but I don't see any difference. If anything, at least if Xi tries to help Trump it in theory helps farmers.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 02:29 PM   #24619
RainMaker
General Manager

Asking a foreign leader to help you win a election is pretty fucked up. Also Bolton is a complete coward for not speaking up earlier.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 03:38 PM   #24620
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Bringing the cancel culture topic over here from the college football thread because I think it was way off topic. Some people say it's not getting ridiculous and I am just old. Stuff like this is pretty absurdly ridiculous in my opinion. This is behavior of the 6th graders I teach...

Domino's responds to backlash over thanking Trump staffer in 2012 - Business Insider

It was started by some Never Trumper and everyone pretty much laughed at him. Not a good example of "cancel culture".
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 03:40 PM   #24621
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Asking a foreign leader to help you win a election is pretty fucked up. Also Bolton is a complete coward for not speaking up earlier.

Eh, it still comes down to he said/Xi said.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-17-2020, 03:42 PM   #24622
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Eh, it still comes down to he said/Xi said.

AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 03:44 PM   #24623
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
How is this any different from Obama telling Putin to lay off until after elections and he could work with him after?

Still disagree with both situations, but I don't see any difference. If anything, at least if Xi tries to help Trump it in theory helps farmers.

Did Obama Suggest 'More Flexibility' Toward Russia After the 2012 Election?

Quote:
As he was leaning toward Medvedev in Seoul, Obama was overheard asking for time — “particularly with missile defense” — until he is in a better position politically to resolve such issues.

“I understand your message about space,” replied Medvedev, who will hand over the presidency to Putin in May.

“This is my last election … After my election I have more flexibility,” Obama said, expressing confidence that he would win a second term.

“I will transmit this information to Vladimir,” said Medvedev, Putin’s protégé and long considered number two in Moscow’s power structure.

The exchange, parts of it inaudible, was monitored by a White House pool of television journalists as well as Russian reporters listening live from their press center.

I'm...not so sure that's quite the same thing?
Old 06-17-2020, 03:49 PM   #24624
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post

Obama said he would have more flexibility to negotiate missile defense once the election was over. That was frank, but not in anyway asking for the Russian to help him. That is such an apple/orange comparison. "Well, Obama once negotiated with the Russian's to reduce global threat of nuclear war, so it is completely ok for Trump to openly ask for help to get reelected."
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 03:53 PM   #24625
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Obama said he would have more flexibility to negotiate missile defense once the election was over. That was frank, but not in anyway asking for the Russian to help him. That is such an apple/orange comparison. "Well, Obama once negotiated with the Russian's to reduce global threat of nuclear war, so it is completely ok for Trump to openly ask for help to get reelected."

It’s more of a grapefruit & oranges situation for me: they are different, but in the same family.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 03:58 PM   #24626
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

The funniest part of all of this is that Bolton was a vile lying piece of shit (which he is) to all of you but now is completely believable because he said something bad about Trump.
Old 06-17-2020, 04:02 PM   #24627
GrantDawg

Quote:
The funniest part of all of this is that Bolton was a vile lying piece of shit (which he is) to all of you but now is completely believable because he said something bad about Trump.
Yeah, I think we all still think he is a vile piece of shit. The fact he refused to testify in congress makes him a cowardly vile piece of shit.
Old 06-17-2020, 04:05 PM   #24628
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

I don't know that anyone view Bolton any differently. He has always been a vile, war mongering, snake in the grass, who is all about himself and his agenda. Trump just happens to exceed even his low moral compass (in his eyes) so now he is turning snitch.

Besides, I think we have heard enough in the past to know this administration is likely the most unorganized, dysfunctional clusterfuck in this countries history, so what more could he possibly add that casts it in any lower light?

Edit: and what Grant said, his own personal gain is much more important than calling out an inept, corrupt President or he would have testified before congress. But why do for free what you can make a cool million on.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-17-2020 at 04:07 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 04:06 PM   #24629
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I think we all still think he is a vile piece of shit. The fact he refused to testify in congress makes him a cowardly vile piece of shit.

But despite all of that he isn't lying about this? Why exactly? Because he said it about Trump?
Old 06-17-2020, 04:07 PM   #24630
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

I think there's a perception of this, but I think it's fantasy play by Fox N Friends deep thinkers. It's not at all how I've see it. That guy is STILL a complete fucking tool. Fuck him and his horse.

Like Steam?

Old 06-17-2020, 04:07 PM   #24631
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

He's definitely vile (he most definitely still wants a war with Iran). But was there a lot of concern that he was a massive liar?

That part seems made up to me... He always struck me as being so vile because he said what he exactly believed and didn't care that he came across as a warmongering weasel.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 06-17-2020 at 04:09 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 04:07 PM   #24632
GrantDawg

Quote:
But despite all of that he isn't lying about this? Why exactly? Because he said it about Trump?
I don't know if he is lying or not. Unless he has proof, it means absolutely nothing.
Old 06-17-2020, 04:08 PM   #24633
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I don't know that anyone view Bolton any differently. He has always been a vile, war mongering, snake in the grass, who is all about himself and his agenda. Trump just happens to exceed even his low moral compass (in his eyes) so now he is turning snitch.

Besides, I think we have heard enough in the past to know this administration is likely the most unorganized, dysfunctional clusterfuck in this countries history, so what more could he possibly add that casts it in any lower light?

Sorry but this is just like jailhouse snitch territory to me. Clearly an ax to grind and a proven liar. But hey he will sell a million books because he says "Trump bad" I guess?
Old 06-17-2020, 04:08 PM   #24634
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Because what he says about Trump is easy to believe given Trump is a garbage excuse for a human
Old 06-17-2020, 04:08 PM   #24635
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Because what he says about Trump is easy to believe given Trump is a garbage excuse for a human
Old 06-17-2020, 04:09 PM   #24636
GrantDawg

Quote:
He's definitely vile (he most definitely still wants a war with Iran). But was there a lot of concern that he was a massive liar?
Iraq war. Along with the whole Republican establishment.
Old 06-17-2020, 04:11 PM   #24637
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I think there's a perception of this, but I think it's fantasy play by Fox N Friends deep thinkers. It's not at all how I've see it. That guy is STILL a complete fucking tool. Fuck him and his horse.

What? I said people will believe him because it's about Trump. What if his "tell all" said shit about other politicians or Democrats? I'm guessing most of you would say consider the source?
Old 06-17-2020, 04:12 PM   #24638
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

That part seems made up to me... He always struck me as being so vile because he said what he exactly believed and didn't care that he came across as a warmongering weasel.

Yeah he helped start the Iraq war for one.
Old 06-17-2020, 04:12 PM   #24639
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Dare I say it's fair to say he's not lying about this stuff because the White House & Department of Justice has had a copy for months and absolutely nobody has accused him of lying, they've only said he's revealing classified information, as far as I know. And it's a claim that can be verified by a second world leader, one way or another.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 06-17-2020 at 04:15 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 04:15 PM   #24640
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Exactly my point. Bolton is one as well, in some respects even worse. Sorry but the Iraq war is worse to me than anything Trump has done. Not equating Trump doesn't suck, just that this is a non-story to me. Would love to see zero copies sold, but he knows the American public eats up Trump stuff.
Old 06-17-2020, 04:15 PM   #24641
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Of course he's not completely believable. If Congress had been allowed to do the oversight they wanted, which included Bolton testifying, they could have investigated his claims. I don't trust anything in his book until its been investigated by Congress/law enforcement/journalists.

But really panerd from what you know of Trump, do you really doubt its not accurate?
Old 06-17-2020, 04:18 PM   #24642
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Sorry but this is just like jailhouse snitch territory to me. Clearly an ax to grind and a proven liar. But hey he will sell a million books because he says "Trump bad" I guess?

If America needs this book to validate Trump is bad, then he should sell no copies because everyone should know. I have no use for either of them.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 04:20 PM   #24643
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Iraq war. Along with the whole Republican establishment.

Quote:
Yeah he helped start the Iraq war for one.

Does that mean that everyone involved, including Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice is a liar that can never be trusted on anything ever again? Because I am curious about how far that goes. Because it seems like Cheney and Rumsfeld were leading that train and got everyone else on board, either by persuasion or bullying.

Bolton, had been calling for an invasion of Iraq since the mid 90s and recently admitted that even if there weren't WMDs, getting rid of Hussein was a good idea - he's always been very into regime change.
Old 06-17-2020, 04:22 PM   #24644
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Of course he's not completely believable. If Congress had been allowed to do the oversight they wanted, which included Bolton testifying, they could have investigated his claims. I don't trust anything in his book until its been investigated by Congress/law enforcement/journalists.

But really panerd from what you know of Trump, do you really doubt its not accurate?

The whole situation is just why I hate politics in general and a big chunk of the American public. I know, I know it sounds like I think I am better than everyone else but I don't really. Its just sad this asshole is going to be going coast to coast on his tell all book extravaganza on "news" stations from every side of the spectrum instead of sitting in a cell. And why? Because they know the American public eat it up.
Old 06-17-2020, 04:23 PM   #24645
GrantDawg

Quote:
Does that mean that everyone involved, including Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice is a liar that can never be trusted on anything ever again? Because I am curious about how far that goes. Because it seems like Cheney and Rumsfeld were leading that train and got everyone else on board, either by persuasion or bullying.

Bolton, had been calling for an invasion of Iraq since the mid 90s and recently admitted that even if there weren't WMDs, getting rid of Hussein was a good idea - he's always been very into regime change.
I don't completely trust Rice or Powell. I would not take any of their word without further proof.
Old 06-17-2020, 04:26 PM   #24646
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Yes say what you will about Trump but he is no warmonger (relatively speaking of course, every US president in my lifetime with I guess the exception of Carter follows warmongering US foreign policy), and Bolton is the worst kind. I don't live this stuff 24/7 to come up with counter examples on the fly but I'm sure there have been thousands of lies to try to get us into wars that Bolton was involved in. And he is pissed off Trump wouldn't go to war with Iran and has sour grapes that he was fired.
Old 06-17-2020, 04:45 PM   #24647
bronconick
College Starter

Bolton is just trying to get out early on the thousand or so "tell-all" books that toolbags that wouldn't dare testify in front of either house of Congress are going to publish to "redeem themselves" and trash Trump after the fact. Don't care, won't spend a dime on their cowardice.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 04:52 PM   #24648
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
If America needs this book to validate Trump is bad, then he should sell no copies because everyone should know. I have no use for either of them.

There are already plenty of well vetted books out there with plenty of unappealing things to say about trump and his administration.

Like this one that I've been reading.

Like Steam?

Old 06-17-2020, 05:51 PM   #24649
Ksyrup

Didn't Trump himself say China ought to investigate Biden? On the WH lawn, as I recall. This is what happens when you are a lying POS with no morals - everything said about you is believable based on what comes out of your own mouth.
Old 06-17-2020, 06:30 PM   #24650
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Didn't Trump himself say China ought to investigate Biden? On the WH lawn, as I recall. This is what happens when you are a lying POS with no morals - everything said about you is believable based on what comes out of your own mouth.

Isn't there a theory that is often repeated in this thread: Trump has little imagination and only accuses those of that which he has done himself

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote