Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2020, 12:20 PM   #801
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

When is someone going to call this what it is?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 12:47 PM   #802
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
When is someone going to call this what it is?

In this thread, AlexB, JPhillips, GrantDawg, albionmoonlight, and I have already called this a "coup".

Or was there another word you were looking for? Because I'm not sure what other word fits this.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 12-14-2020 at 12:47 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 12:56 PM   #803
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yup, it’s the worlds greatest democracy having one of its two major parties and conservatively 20% of its voting population officially abandon democracy. There’s no other way to spin this.

Honestly having the states with governors, representatives and the majority of the population supporting this secede probably is the best way forward at this point. Let them run the confederate states of Trump and let people decide which of the two countries they want to live in.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 01:03 PM   #804
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post

In this thread, AlexB, JPhillips, GrantDawg, albionmoonlight, and I have already called this a "coup".

Or was there another word you were looking for? Because I'm not sure what other word fits this.

SI

I think he rhetorically meant people who could actually do something about it, not just posters on a sports simulation game board.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 01:11 PM   #805
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

SI

I kind of meant someone in government or in a position to do something about it. Treason plain and simple.
Old 12-14-2020, 01:12 PM   #806
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I think he rhetorically meant people who could actually do something about it, not just posters on a sports simulation game board.

Haha. Ok. Glad it wasn’t just me.
Old 12-14-2020, 01:34 PM   #807
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Dude, it's a Monday. Can I get a pass

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 12-14-2020 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-14-2020, 01:45 PM   #808
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
I will have you know that I am a very impotent person.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 01:57 PM   #809
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Next up: pressure on GOP members of Congress to accept votes from "Alternate Electors" in the swing states.

On Fox News, Stephen Miller Says ‘An Alternate Set Of Electors’ Will Certify Trump As Winner
This makes me think that person earlier guessed right, and Trump is going to pretend to be President even after January 20th. I don't know what that nonsense will look like, but I can imagine "proclamations" being announced by "the real President" every time President Biden does anything. Meanwhile, he will be totally funded by his sheeple under the premise of running in 2024. The big question will be how many of the Republican house and senate members will play along. If McConnell does while maintaining the majority in the Senate, we can expect almost zero of anything Biden wants to do getting done. Please, let more Republican catch sense or grow balls. I don't have much hope for either.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 12-14-2020 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-14-2020, 02:02 PM   #810
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think we need to remember that while Biden is trying to play the “bring the people together” card he isn’t going to take shit from Trump. If Trump does anything more than complain on twitter Biden or his DOJ would take swift action. They would never allow the image of a dual president. I know there are also laws about private citizens involving themselves in foreign policy.
Old 12-14-2020, 02:15 PM   #811
GrantDawg

Yet another lawsuit filed, this time in New Mexico. The electoral college has voted, and yet they continue this crap.
Old 12-14-2020, 02:18 PM   #812
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Yup, it’s the worlds greatest democracy having one of its two major parties and conservatively 20% of its voting population officially abandon democracy. There’s no other way to spin this.
I disagree about the bolded part. What I think is true is...worse. It's 15-25% of the voting population so divorced from reality that they are convinced that Trump won this election. As earnestly, sincerely, and matter-of-factly as you and I would say that Biden won, they'd say Trump won. As a result, a huge chunk of these folks don't think they've abandoned democracy; they think they're defending it. It has been said in many ways here in the past, but it's now coming to light front and center: we are no longer operating on a shared set of agreed-upon facts.
Old 12-14-2020, 02:19 PM   #813
GrantDawg

*screaming*
Old 12-14-2020, 02:20 PM   #814
cuervo72
Head Coach

Well, some of the voters, maybe. But elected officials?
Old 12-14-2020, 02:26 PM   #815
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

SI

yes me too and it is treasonous though not technically treason since we are not at war ...yet! But yes it is a fucking coup.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 02:29 PM   #816
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Well, some of the voters, maybe. But elected officials?
Oh, I'm angry at them. They know better.

But "some of the voters, maybe" tells me that you're ENORMOUSLY underestimating/dismissing what is going on in the general populace.
Old 12-14-2020, 02:33 PM   #817
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
yes me too and it is treasonous though not technically treason since we are not at war ...yet! But yes it is a fucking coup.

Sorry - just did a search on "coup" in this thread (and may have missed instances). I should have included "et al" since I was too lazy to go to all threads

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 12-14-2020 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-14-2020, 02:39 PM   #818
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Lol WTF, I suppose he deleted this after someone told him Cosby was convicted of a state crime.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 02:40 PM   #819
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Oh, I'm angry at them. They know better.

But "some of the voters, maybe" tells me that you're ENORMOUSLY underestimating/dismissing what is going on in the general populace.

Well it's tough to say something is completely A or B, right? I'm sure there are many who think the election has been stolen -- because people either didn't vote the "right way" or just weren't worthy of voting in the first place. Drop boxes? The NERVE!

I mean, I'm sure there are some who legit think voting boxes were hacked, or something. I don't think that's everyone. (I think some talk themselves into these theories as well, as a bit of a denial instinct.)
Old 12-14-2020, 02:46 PM   #820
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Sorry - just did a search on "coup" in this thread (and may have missed instances). I should have included "et al" since I was too lazy to go to all threads

SI

haha no problem man.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 02:50 PM   #821
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Lol WTF, I suppose he deleted this after someone told him Cosby was convicted of a state crime.

I wouldn't put it past him, but this is fake.
Old 12-14-2020, 03:05 PM   #822
GrantDawg

This is new:
Old 12-14-2020, 03:06 PM   #823
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

It was there in the general.
Old 12-14-2020, 03:08 PM   #824
Atocep
Coordinator

So the new 4D chess move is that Trump has been waiting for the election to be certified so all the Deep State conspirators that signed off on this election can be charged.

How many times over the past 4 years have these morns moved the goalposts waiting for the Trump "gotcha" moment?

Last edited by Atocep : 12-14-2020 at 03:09 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 03:16 PM   #825
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
It was there in the general.
See, I don't remember it. These are the ones I have seen the most:

Last edited by GrantDawg : 12-14-2020 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-14-2020, 03:17 PM   #826
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
It has been said in many ways here in the past, but it's now coming to light front and center: we are no longer operating on a shared set of agreed-upon facts.

We never have. It's not a bug that an extremely large chunk of the people who most firmly believe there is an unprovable entity directing the entirety of humanity's existence also believe unprovable claims of excessive voter fraud.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 03:17 PM   #827
Ben E Lou

Poll: 82 percent of Trump voters say Biden’s win isn’t legitimate.

Sure, some of those are "I won't admit my guy won," but a good chunk of these folks are sincere.

Beyond that, haven't we said for quite some time "we're not operating from a set of shared facts," right? Isn't this just the natural result of that?
Old 12-14-2020, 03:19 PM   #828
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
So the new 4D chess move is that Trump has been waiting for the election to be certified so all the Deep State conspirators that signed off on this election can be charged.

How many times over the past 4 years have these morns moved the goalposts waiting for the Trump "gotcha" moment?

They haven't really moved the goalposts, they just have an endless supply of goalposts that they scattered around the field, we just can't always see each because that LSU-Florida dog they're using keeps moving around the field so we forget about them until the fog shifts again.

To be fair, I just wanted to bring up the insanity of that game again.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 03:25 PM   #829
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I think there's an entire school of Trump supporters that simply think facts are fungible. When you are faced with a fact that you don't like, you simply replace it with a fact you do like. "The power of positive thinking" and all that.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 03:32 PM   #830
GrantDawg

It is always the parting shot.

Old 12-14-2020, 03:36 PM   #831
Atocep
Coordinator

What they don't seem to get is there's no end game here. This is all about raising money. Now that the electoral college has voted there isn't a path for Trump to be president. The only thing they're working on is a Pelosi presidency.

Trump knows he's lost. His campaign knows he's lost. Congress knows he lost. The only people that don't know he's lost is his base.
Old 12-14-2020, 03:43 PM   #832
rjolley
College Starter

Is anyone else still seeing Trump signs in yards? I've seen a few around town, including my neighbor. I don't remember seeing signs for any election in someone's yard after a couple of weeks or so after said election.

Last edited by rjolley : 12-14-2020 at 03:44 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 03:45 PM   #833
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Is anyone else still seeing Trump signs in yards? I've seen a few around town, including my neighbor. I don't remember seeing signs for any election in someone's yard after a couple of weeks or so after said election.

Yeah I see a few here and there. Not many, but I do live in a heavy Trump area as far as Washington goes.
Old 12-14-2020, 03:54 PM   #834
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

I have seen a couple still up in my neighborhood last week, but most are gone (thankfully)
Old 12-14-2020, 04:26 PM   #835
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:

I see them in clusters. There's three houses a few blocks from me that all have multiple signs and flags out. Then there is another neighborhood where I run through that also has a few houses close to each other with flags and signs. I've been wondering if they feed off each other. It just feels performative.

Edit: I guess all political signs are performative I just mean that it feels like they are keeping their signs and flags out for each other. If one cracks, I wonder if they all follow along.

Last edited by HerRealName : 12-14-2020 at 04:30 PM.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 04:35 PM   #836
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Biden now has officially over 270 electoral votes.

(I know, I know, some people will say, but Congress can refuse to accept them.. you know aside from that pesky Democratic House and at least 4 GOP Senators who have said they'll refuse to overturn the election)
Old 12-14-2020, 04:44 PM   #837
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Biden now has officially over 270 electoral votes.

(I know, I know, some people will say, but Congress can refuse to accept them.. you know aside from that pesky Democratic House and at least 4 GOP Senators who have said they'll refuse to overturn the election)

It's going to be a clown fiesta when congress meets though. We're guaranteed a contest to see who can get Trump's acknowledgement and the most headlines.
Old 12-14-2020, 04:45 PM   #838
Thomkal
Head Coach

Trump has just tweeted that he had a nice conversation with Barr, who is now going to spend the holidays with his family (i.e. fired) and named an acting AG
Old 12-14-2020, 04:47 PM   #839
bhlloy
Coordinator

Barr wasn’t willing to carry out an all out attack on the judiciary and constitution so he will find somebody who is, I assume?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 05:16 PM   #840
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:

We have at least a couple houses in my town where the Trump signs and flags have never come down since 2016. One proudly has the Deplorables for Trump sign.

For whatever reason, these folks also like to never mow their lawn.
Old 12-14-2020, 05:18 PM   #841
Edward64
Head Coach

All this speculation and extreme scenarios what-ifs are fun but the election is over, Biden has won. He'll be sworn in. Everything else is noise at this time.

Yup, 2 of the 3 branches of government are messed up now. The 3rd protected us even though the majority were appointed by GOP presidents. The "4th branch" of government, the military, has also stood firm and refused to get involved in this.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 05:24 PM   #842
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
We have at least a couple houses in my town where the Trump signs and flags have never come down since 2016. One proudly has the Deplorables for Trump sign.

For whatever reason, these folks also like to never mow their lawn.

I live in a very pro Trump town so we have a decent amount of signs, etc...still up and almost all of them are on the crappiest, more unkempt houses.
Old 12-14-2020, 05:40 PM   #843
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I see a lot of the signs still up--both Trump and Biden.

There was, however, one house that was *decked out* in Trump swag.

And, at some point recently, I drove past, and all the Trump stuff was down and his house was decked out in all Steelers stuff.

I respect his open acknowledgement that

(1) It's all a game to him, and
(2) He ain't got time for losers.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 05:46 PM   #844
Swaggs
Coordinator

I still see the occasional lifted truck with Trump flag(s), but haven’t seen any yard signs in quite some time.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 05:46 PM   #845
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I see a lot of the signs still up--both Trump and Biden.

There was, however, one house that was *decked out* in Trump swag.

And, at some point recently, I drove past, and all the Trump stuff was down and his house was decked out in all Steelers stuff.

I respect his open acknowledgement that

(1) It's all a game to him, and
(2) He ain't got time for losers.

Checks the results of last 2 Steelers games
Old 12-14-2020, 05:57 PM   #846
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Checks the results of last 2 Steelers games

LOL. Hadn't even thought of that.

Maybe I'll drive by tonight to see if he's got a big Pat Mahomes banner up.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 06:32 PM   #847
Izulde
Head Coach

I still see some Trump signs around town here. No correlation to housing condition. But it's also a town that's 65% R, 35% D roughly speaking

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 09:16 PM   #848
Radii
Head Coach

guy across the street from me has a "God, Guns and Trump" sign.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 12:38 PM   #849
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

I have seen a few signs around the subdivision still. What have been more prominent are the Trump flags which was also the case during the campaign. My wife sent me a text saying that the HOA posted a notice on the community Facebook group today. The message was to remind everyone now that the election is over, to remove all campaign materials from their yardspace.

Based on the comments she has seen, the message was not well received.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 01:13 PM   #850
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

funny how those people are all about law and order unless it is something they want to do