Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-26-2011, 06:05 PM   #301
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Dola,
How do I do that? Login via web? Or do I have to do it via my PS3?

/tk

I'm not sure you actually *can* yet. But when you can, it would be a good idea.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:05 PM   #302
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I imagine if you use the same email and pass anywhere else you are going to want to change it there as well. Certainly on the Amazons, gmails, yahoos of the world.

Last edited by jeff061 : 04-26-2011 at 06:06 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #303
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Oh. Ok. Makes more sense. Luckily that password is unique.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:49 AM   #304
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Nice work MBBF!

LOL! Nice.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:40 AM   #305
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Just when I start to compliment some things on EA games, a large shit sandwich is served........

Dubious Quality: Here We Go
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:48 AM   #306
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
So you can actually login right now to PSN and try to change that info? Fat lot of good that does NOW.

/tk

If you use that id or password on some other site, change it now. The PSN stuff is just plain borked.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #307
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
You get what you pay for folks.

Ah, the old threads that would be fun to dig up right about now. I won't though because that would just be asking for Microsoft to get hit with something shortly afterward...
Old 04-27-2011, 01:55 PM   #308
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Just when I start to compliment some things on EA games, a large shit sandwich is served........

Dubious Quality: Here We Go

So let me get this straight. EA is going to charge a yearly fee for the ability to to continue your Mass Effect 1 + 2 save game?

Quote:
Ability to transfer paid content from your current participating titles to future title versions.

I'm guessing that is what that means. If this is true then I am not going to play it.

So far EA has started the online pass which has made some of their paying customers forgo online play for themselves so they can get more money on the 2nd hand market(the real winners here are the people that steal the online passes out of the cases at rental stores and sell them e-bay or other sites. Seriously guys, how do you think they get them?)

Then they eliminate instruction booklets.

Now you have to pay a yearly fee to them to have full access to their games. Where does this stop?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #309
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
So let me get this straight. EA is going to charge a yearly fee for the ability to to continue your Mass Effect 1 + 2 save game?

I'm guessing that is what that means. If this is true then I am not going to play it.

So far EA has started the online pass which has made some of their paying customers forgo online play for themselves so they can get more money on the 2nd hand market(the real winners here are the people that steal the online passes out of the cases at rental stores and sell them e-bay or other sites. Seriously guys, how do you think they get them?)

Then they eliminate instruction booklets.

Now you have to pay a yearly fee to them to have full access to their games. Where does this stop?

First, I think this is just EA Sports and not EA Games in general. Second, the "Ability to transfer paid content from your current participating titles to future title versions," probably has to do with DLC you've paid for. I would guess it means that a subscriber who bought the Unlock All Promises DLC in NCAA 11 or World Class Training Staff in Madden 11 would get that in NCAA 12 and Madden 12 while non subscribers would have be repurchase it if they wanted. And if EA did use this for games like Mass Effect it would probably be to carry over things like the weapons packs you can buy, not saved games.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:10 PM   #310
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Here's a link that has scans of the surveys EA is using to gauge interest/willingness for this subscription model. Since it came up here, I'll note that the speculation is that the carry-over bit is things like (the example used in the link) all the DLC courses you buy for Tiger Woods 12 being playable in Tiger Woods 13.

EA Sports Planning Subscription Service | pastapadre.com
Old 04-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #311
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I've never been much for the zombie maps in COD but this time they've got me looking forward to it. George Romero? Danny Trejo? Robert Englund? Yeah, I'll take a stab at this one (pun intended).

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="480" height="418" id="VideoPlayerLg52642">
Old 04-27-2011, 06:35 PM   #312
RainMaker
General Manager

You'd think EA would figure out that the secret isn't trying to find different ways to get money from the same customer, but to just make good games so you have more customers. They seem to be interested in doing everything but make good games.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:26 PM   #313
SackAttack
Head Coach

The Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga manual is impressively hefty for a console game these days.

Even when you remove the half of it that's in French for les Quebeçois, it's still almost 30 pages in English.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:35 PM   #314
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
You'd think EA would figure out that the secret isn't trying to find different ways to get money from the same customer, but to just make good games so you have more customers. They seem to be interested in doing everything but make good games.

Let's face it, people who sim 10 seasons and then blog about it or people who post on text sim message boards are infinitely less profitable (and therefore less important) than the people who want a game with killer graphics and all the players and teams that they can boot up in 5 mins and play against a buddy or online. EA doesn't give a shit about the fact that we don't think they are making a good game. PP makes great points but he's making points that 90% of the target audience don't care about. There's no incentive for EA to completely rewrite Madden and NBA Live.

And I don't share his outlook for Madden to be honest. At this point it's a brand that sells itself and until somebody makes a game that is a) visually as appealing and b) has all the licenses and the little details that makes fanboys cream themselves it's not going anywhere and it's not going to improve. Live is a joke sideshow that only gets bought by grandparents for their kids for christmas when they don't know any better and isn't part of this discussion. We can pretend that it's going to die when they can't afford the rights any more or somebody is going to make this fictional great game without the licenses and everyone will buy it and it will work but I just don't see it happening.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:01 AM   #315
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Just wanted to mention Clay has done an excellent job with Baseball Mogul 2012.

I have all 3 baseball sims and I keep coming back to BM for it's excellent speed in simming, trade engine, and the AI seems to really have been improved.

As always, HoustonGM has an excellent 2011 roster and Clay has added real stadiums for those who like to play their games out.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:40 AM   #316
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

New Star Soccer 5 trailer.. good stuff..

New Star Soccer - Download football game
Old 04-29-2011, 04:16 PM   #317
mckerney
Coordinator

Valve announced Portal 2 DLC that is on the way; it will have new test chambers plus challenge mode for single and multiplayer.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #318
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Important to note it's free.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:29 PM   #319
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Let's face it, people who sim 10 seasons and then blog about it or people who post on text sim message boards are infinitely less profitable (and therefore less important) than the people who want a game with killer graphics and all the players and teams that they can boot up in 5 mins and play against a buddy or online. EA doesn't give a shit about the fact that we don't think they are making a good game. PP makes great points but he's making points that 90% of the target audience don't care about. There's no incentive for EA to completely rewrite Madden and NBA Live.

And I don't share his outlook for Madden to be honest. At this point it's a brand that sells itself and until somebody makes a game that is a) visually as appealing and b) has all the licenses and the little details that makes fanboys cream themselves it's not going anywhere and it's not going to improve. Live is a joke sideshow that only gets bought by grandparents for their kids for christmas when they don't know any better and isn't part of this discussion. We can pretend that it's going to die when they can't afford the rights any more or somebody is going to make this fictional great game without the licenses and everyone will buy it and it will work but I just don't see it happening.

All of this ignores the fact that Madden sales have declined each year for the last several years, and the license costs are staggering.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:51 PM   #320
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Just wanted to mention Clay has done an excellent job with Baseball Mogul 2012.

I have all 3 baseball sims and I keep coming back to BM for it's excellent speed in simming, trade engine, and the AI seems to really have been improved.

As always, HoustonGM has an excellent 2011 roster and Clay has added real stadiums for those who like to play their games out.

I've never really played it but I'm intrigued by it. I'm assuming you can run a full blown career, not just a season mode, is this correct?
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:08 PM   #321
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Need Clay to come here and sell his game like Shaun and Markus do. Mainly because I am too lazy to search out the BM site and check it out on my own.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #322
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post

Madden sales have been shit. Despite ridding their competition from the field, Madden is selling less than it did in the 2K days. It's been a huge disappointment.

We've also seen other poor games such as NBA Live and the March Madness series get destroyed for being so bad.

Quality still plays a role in how many games are sold.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #323
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
I've never really played it but I'm intrigued by it. I'm assuming you can run a full blown career, not just a season mode, is this correct?

Defintely.. not near as deep stat wise as OOTP, but it's extremely fast to sim games and quite fun to boot.

Here is a pdf of the new features for 2012: http://www.sportsmogul.com/games/bb2...w-features.pdf
Old 04-29-2011, 11:10 PM   #324
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Important to note it's free.

I think the only surprise there is that it's free on the 360, Valve has always done content updates for free.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:19 PM   #325
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Defintely.. not near as deep stat wise as OOTP, but it's extremely fast to sim games and quite fun to boot.

Here is a pdf of the new features for 2012: http://www.sportsmogul.com/games/bb2...w-features.pdf

Cool, thanks! I will have to check this out. I am still hoping some day someone makes a baseball game similar to FM and it's 3-D engine. I would probably lose my job though
Old 04-29-2011, 11:21 PM   #326
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Madden sales have been shit. Despite ridding their competition from the field, Madden is selling less than it did in the 2K days. It's been a huge disappointment.

We've also seen other poor games such as NBA Live and the March Madness series get destroyed for being so bad.

Quality still plays a role in how many games are sold.

I'm sure EA thinks its the damn economy. Unfortunately they have damn near ruined sports gaming on current generation consoles for me.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:15 PM   #327
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
Cool, thanks! I will have to check this out. I am still hoping some day someone makes a baseball game similar to FM and it's 3-D engine. I would probably lose my job though

I do love playing games in BM more than ootp or puresim.

I think Markus has a vision of this one day though!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #328
Atocep
Coordinator

Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:11 PM   #329
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
New Star Soccer 5 trailer.. good stuff..

New Star Soccer - Download football game

This could be the first PC game I buy in years. I've never fared well with CM/FM, although I haven't tried it again since following the sport a lot more closely in the wake of the world cup. I haven't played a version of FM/CM with a match engine, so that might be fun, but being able to play the game as in NSS will probably win out..
Old 05-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #330
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

‘Mass Effect 3′ Delayed Until Next Year - Techland - TIME.com
Old 05-04-2011, 06:38 PM   #331
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Blah.

Ah well, will give me time to replay 1 & 2.

I just finished Dragon Age 2 last night and while I know some of the complaints, I loved it.

Then again, Bioware could put out a grocery store shopping game and I'd probably but it.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:30 AM   #332
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

After the rush job of Dragon Age 2 this is probably a good thing.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #333
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Apparently L.A Noire is 3 discs on the 360.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #334
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Apparently L.A Noire is 3 discs on the 360.

I've been wondering if this would become more common. I heard and interview with John Carmack where he said they thought they may need 3 discs for Rage though they were trying to find a way to fit it one 2 because Microsoft charges by the disc for licensing.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:21 PM   #335
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Final Fantasy XIII was also 3-discs on the 360.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #336
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Blah.

Ah well, will give me time to replay 1 & 2.

I just finished Dragon Age 2 last night and while I know some of the complaints, I loved it.

Then again, Bioware could put out a grocery store shopping game and I'd probably but it.

Give me more time to get the remaining ally achievements in ME1, for sure.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #337
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
Final Fantasy XIII was also 3-discs on the 360.

I think they had to cut quite a bit of content to get down to 3 discs also.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #338
DeToxRox
Head Coach

The new Assassins Creed: Revelations will be the final chapter in the Ezio story and it will take place in Constantinople.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #339
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
The new Assassins Creed: Revelations will be the final chapter in the Ezio story and it will take place in Constantinople.
[pretend that a lame Istanbul joke is here ok that's out of the way thanks]
Old 05-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #340
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
[pretend that a lame Istanbul joke is here ok that's out of the way thanks]

What is this I don't even
Old 05-05-2011, 10:30 PM   #341
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
What is this I don't even
it's a black thing you wouldn't understand
Old 05-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #342
Dreghorn2
n00b

They Might Be Giants - Istanbul (Not Constantinople) on Vimeo
Dreghorn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:25 PM   #343
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:

I still don't understand how you are black.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:28 PM   #344
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I'm going to get a shirt that says "I was there for the first They Might Be Giants reference by a black male"
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:52 AM   #345
chadritt
High School Varsity

Got a link to the Tiny Toons version? I think that one was much better.
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:59 AM   #346
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

all yall are awesome and i wish i could have you for lunch
Old 05-06-2011, 02:02 AM   #347
Dreghorn2
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadritt View Post
Got a link to the Tiny Toons version? I think that one was much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqJXxHi6RwQ
Old 05-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #348
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I was looking forward to Brink - seemed like a nice change of pace from the typical Call of Duty games, but... reviews are not looking so hot. Glad I held off putting in the preorder.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:50 PM   #349
Dreghorn2
n00b

I'm late to the gaming scene in general having owned a PS3 for some time but using it more as a Blu-Ray player than gaming console.

Call of Duty i liked. The Assassins Creed series as well, very enjoyable.

Heavy Rain was interesting, i was particularly efficient at killing off major characters

Mass Effect 2 was fun but got a little repetitive with the 'in the ship' segments, i did however doggedly refuse to quit until i had sex with one of the characters, finally nailing the girl who had to wear the enclosed bio suit at all times.. it was kind of hot.

Red Dead Redemption i still haven't finished, can't get into it.

LA Noire i will certainly purchase.

I am not familiar with the gaming scene which is why i read threads like this for recommendations, i don't like the fast twitch stuff i'm more of a think then move kind of guy.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #350
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

They have just lunched the website for the upcoming "Game of Thrones" PC Game, which is called: "A Game Of Thrones - Genesis".

A Game Of Thrones - Genesis

It's a real time strategy game.

The current release date is: July 30, 2011.

I am not excited by this game. I hope it's good, but I will most certainly be waiting for some reviews from some trusted sources before buying it. First, it's being made by Cyanide. They made the "Blood Bowl" game and everything, save what Games Workshop had done with the game, was horrible. The AI was a complete and utter joke. The game smacked of laziness and felt sloppy and rushed, despite being in development for years. Second, the art looks a bit off to me on the website.

It sort of looks like the campaign allows you to take and control 1 of the Great Houses and control them through history, starting from before the Targaryen invasion through Robert's Rebellion.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote