Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-26-2022, 06:36 PM   #151
Edward64
Head Coach

Wooo Pig Sooie. Looks like the Hogs are for real.

Quote:
No. 18 Arkansas made it 13 wins in its last 14 games on Saturday by knocking off No. 6 Kentucky 75-73 at Bud Walton Arena in a thrilling SEC showdown on CBS that featured 17 lead changes. The Razorbacks (23-6, 12-4 SEC) got 30 points from JD Notae and big second half contributions from Jaylin Williams and Stanley Umude to outlast a Wildcats' team that rallied from an early 13-point deficit to take the lead in the second half.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 07:41 PM   #152
tarcone
Coordinator

If you havent watched the Iowa women play, you are missing THE best player in college BB today. Caitlin Clark is only the 2nd college player ever to lead the NCAA in scoring and assists. Add in the 8 rebounds a game and you are seeing an incredible player.

B1G womens tourney on this weekend. Iowa in the semis vs. Nebby or UM who they just beat by 26, hanging 104 on them.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 09:18 PM   #153
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
If you havent watched the Iowa women play, you are missing THE best player in college BB today. Caitlin Clark is only the 2nd college player ever to lead the NCAA in scoring and assists. Add in the 8 rebounds a game and you are seeing an incredible player.

B1G womens tourney on this weekend. Iowa in the semis vs. Nebby or UM who they just beat by 26, hanging 104 on them.

IT"S BOUT TIME!

I was going to report you for a Title IX violation for not providing the same amount of support for Caitlin Clark that you did for Luka Garza.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 09:44 PM   #154
tarcone
Coordinator

I am buying a From the Logo t-shirt to support CCs NIL

Old 03-04-2022, 09:49 PM   #155
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
IT"S BOUT TIME!

I was going to report you for a Title IX violation for not providing the same amount of support for Caitlin Clark that you did for Luka Garza.

These are the posts that just deserve a like.

Old 03-06-2022, 04:10 PM   #156
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I can't & won't argue anything about Clark. Fantastic player.

Michigan men beat Ohio State on the road, which should be enough to get them in the tournament. Anything from a first-round loss to Elite 8 is possible for them depending on the draw and how they play, but I think most likely they lose in the second round to someone.

They are remarkably consistent in their inconsistency, and you never know which team will show up.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 04:44 PM   #157
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Bizarre result today. On the road in Columbus with Ohio State ranked and having pretty much blown out Michigan in Ann Arbor last month (ironically, Michigan held a rather lame-looking "blue out" - a concept I didn't even know existed - that day - maybe next year they can have a grey flannel suit game).

Michigan's all-America center is out with the flu. Their next best offensive weapon, a highly recruited freshman who was supposed to be the big three-threat, went 0-for-10 from the field. Yet they still won. Alternating wins and losses the last month, it looks likely they're in the tournament now. They have the talent to challenge anyone. They have demonstrated that they can also lose to anyone. I don't have a clue how they'll perform.

The women's team crept into the top four last month for the first time in program history. They were 20-2 after beating Iowa, 98-90 in a shootout in which Clark scored about 75 points in the fourth quarter. But an injury to their top guard right before the first Iowa game left the team producing turnovers like Pop-Tarts and they've been 2-4 since and look likely to waste the opportunity they had to produce a big tournament run in Naz Hillmon's senior year - Hillmon being the likely runner up to Clark for league MVP - both are easily in the top five nationally.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 08:04 PM   #158
miked
College Starter

If Illinois can come back and win, RU gets the #4 seed in the Big 10 tournament and a double bye.
Old 03-06-2022, 08:07 PM   #159
tarcone
Coordinator

And the Iowa women win the tourney! They are hot right now, They beat tht Michigan team by 24 and hung 104 on them. Today, Clark was cold and "only" scored 18. But their big czinano dropped 30.

I am so excited by this Iowa team.

Old 03-06-2022, 08:08 PM   #160
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
If Illinois can come back and win, RU gets the #4 seed in the Big 10 tournament and a double bye.

Iowa wins and Wiscy outright champ and Iowa the 4 seed.

Ill wins and they are co-champs and Rutgers a 4 seed.

HUGE GAME

Old 03-06-2022, 08:25 PM   #161
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It is really fun when your team has a POY and isnt a typical power house. We had that a few years ago with Kelsey Plum and I really enjoyed the run
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 09:30 PM   #162
miked
College Starter

RU gets a double bye and the 4 seed. Madness.
Old 03-06-2022, 09:34 PM   #163
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
RU gets a double bye and the 4 seed. Madness.

My Dad is 91 and I realize he doesnt have a lot of time on this rock. Loves RU basketball. He is an Alum. Watches every game. I really hope they make a run and get a bid. I think they should be in now, but if they are one and done in the BIG 10 I would be worried.
Old 03-08-2022, 09:08 PM   #164
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

You can google it or twitter it, but NEC title game tonight, Wagner & Bryant fans decided to turn it into a Mexican soccer match.
Old 03-08-2022, 09:27 PM   #165
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Despite the disturbance, officials decided to finish the title game. Bryant athletic director Bill Smith told the remaining fans in the stands that they must remain off the court until the game ended and all Wagner players had left the floor. After all players exited the arena, fans were then allowed to participate in a court storm.

Why?

I mean every sentence of this paragraph.

Why?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 09:33 PM   #166
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Why?

I mean every sentence of this paragraph.

Why?

First ever tourney bid probably played a factor
Old 03-09-2022, 12:39 PM   #167
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

FSU's season has been over for a couple of months, so even this embarrassing loss to Syracuse doesn't mean much, but how on God's green earth did this not draw a call or even a review?!

I hope there's some sort of after-the-fact review and suspension process for good ol' Buddy...

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-09-2022 at 07:12 PM.
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 05:55 PM   #168
tarcone
Coordinator

LSU in trouble. NCAA allegations came down today.

Old 03-09-2022, 06:06 PM   #169
Ksyrup

Buddy Boeheim suspended for the Duke game. As he should be.

Leonard Hamilton's comments after the game when asked about it were all class. He's a much better person than I am...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-09-2022, 06:16 PM   #170
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Glad they suspended him.

ASU was up 14 with 3 minutes left and lost. oof.
Old 03-10-2022, 08:12 AM   #171
Ksyrup

Does anyone know the rationale for the NCAA probationary period for schools moving from one division to another? Bellarmine won the ASUN but because they are only in year 2 of a 4-year probationary period after moving up from D2, they are ineligible for postseason play.

I know the rule, I'm just trying to understand why it exists. Is it solely to protect existing members? Some fear of division-shopping where schools would abuse the ability to move division-to-division to chase titles? It really makes no sense.

The vast majority of programs moving up to D1 are not going to be good enough to win a conference title. So why the rule?
Old 03-10-2022, 08:36 AM   #172
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I don't know but I would guess it is what you said. Protect the current teams in the conference they are moving in to.
Old 03-10-2022, 08:44 AM   #173
Ksyrup

I did a bit of searching and found some articles that say it is to ensure that the transitioning school's athletic department is ready for "the big leagues." Which... what does that have to do with allowing a school to play in and win its conference tournament, but bar them from participating in a national tournament? Athletic departments of smaller schools are so backwards that they can't book rooms and flights correctly? They don't have enough PR staff to assist the teams and networks with access? I haven't seen a drill-down on exactly what that means, but it feels mostly like BS to me.
Old 03-10-2022, 05:59 PM   #174
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Michigan basketball shows who they are unfortunately, falling apart in the second half to lose to Indiana. I'm not sure they should be in the tournament at this point, I think that was foregone if they didn't blow a big lead in this one.

It'll be interesting to see if Howard's able to recover from the end of this year or not. Dickinson is gone, and I can't imagine this is a year that will help his (so far pretty impressive) recruiting pitch. It's fully his team now, not Beilein's.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 06:17 PM   #175
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

That's what you get when you piece together top recruits and transfers. These guys don't have the experience of playing together or even know much of what Big Ten basketball is about.

But sometimes the talent pops and they can beat anyone. Kentucky and Duke live on this stuff. Michigan's just getting started.

Today was the bad. A game they were in complete control, a key player apparently trying to play through an injury, another key player out of gas in the second half because he's recovering from an illness that kept him out of a crucial game just a few days ago.

Is anyone even back next season? I lose track. At any rate, it's hard to care that much any more. I feel worse for the women's team, because injuries to both starting guards (at different times) has turned Hillmon's senior year into a mess. They could have challenged for the national title if everyone were healthy. They won't next year without Hillmon.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 06:23 PM   #176
tarcone
Coordinator

Iowa just demolished NW. The team set 3 B1G single game tourney records. Scored 112 points.

Do not sleep on Iowa in the tourney.

Old 03-10-2022, 06:28 PM   #177
Ksyrup

My boss is headed to Vegas tonight and was thinking about putting $50 on Iowa at 80-1 odds. That was the team he zeroed in on as biggest bang for the buck as an under the radar pick.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-10-2022 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-10-2022, 07:25 PM   #178
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
My boss is headed to Vegas tonight and was thinking about putting $50 on Iowa at 80-1 odds. That was the team he zeroed in on as biggest bang for the buck as an under the radar pick.

I may run to Illinois and get in on that.

Iowa has the makings of a team that can make a run.

Old 03-10-2022, 08:46 PM   #179
Kodos
Resident Alien

Wow. Just finished the IU-Michigan game. Hoosiers overcame a 17-point second half deficit to beat the Wolverines. I had all but given up because IU looked lifeless, but they turned up the heat on D and rallied for the win. Also snapped a long losing streak to Michigan. I imagine Illinois will cream us tomorrow, but happy tonight! Go Hoosiers!
Old 03-11-2022, 05:53 AM   #180
Ksyrup

Quote:
I may run to Illinois and get in on that.

Iowa has the makings of a team that can make a run.

He had a buddy in Indiana place the bet after the game and it was down to 60-1.
Old 03-11-2022, 06:09 AM   #181
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
LSU in trouble. NCAA allegations came down today.

Haven't read up on it but hope it distracts them. Hogs play LSU today.
Old 03-11-2022, 12:56 PM   #182
tarcone
Coordinator

2 of the top 4 seeds are out of the B1G. This Rutgers/Iowa game is going to be huge in determining the title winner, IMO

Old 03-11-2022, 01:01 PM   #183
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
2 of the top 4 seeds are out of the B1G. This Rutgers/Iowa game is going to be huge in determining the title winner, IMO

I'm confused. Wiscy, Purdue, and Rutgers are the 2-3-4 seeds so how are 2 of the top 4 out?
Old 03-11-2022, 01:26 PM   #184
tarcone
Coordinator

My bad, I was thinking OSU was a top 4 seed. Ignore that post except for the part that this Iowa/Rutgers game will go a long ways to determining the champ

Old 03-11-2022, 04:37 PM   #185
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Haven't read up on it but hope it distracts them. Hogs play LSU today.

Hog win. On to the next one.
Old 03-11-2022, 05:01 PM   #186
tarcone
Coordinator

Iowa wins by 10. It was 18 before Iowa got sloppy in the last minute.

Old 03-11-2022, 07:53 PM   #187
tarcone
Coordinator

Like I said, 2 of the top 4 seeds are done.

Old 03-11-2022, 07:54 PM   #188
tarcone
Coordinator

If you follow B1G BB and do not think Iowa is far and away the best B1G team right now, you are high.

Old 03-11-2022, 10:51 PM   #189
Kodos
Resident Alien

Not used to IU winning games in the Big Ten Tournament. I like it!
Old 03-12-2022, 02:04 PM   #190
Kodos
Resident Alien

I hate that little fucker.
Old 03-12-2022, 02:08 PM   #191
tarcone
Coordinator

The bank was open!

What a great comeback and win by Iowa. A 30 footer off the board for the win.

GO HAWKS!

Old 03-12-2022, 02:30 PM   #192
HerRealName
College Prospect

That was a great game. TJD is an absolute beast. On the bright side for Kodos, Indiana seems to have played themselves ahead of Michigan and Rutgers this week.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 02:34 PM   #193
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, I think we are safely in now. If we’d lost to Michigan, we’d be out.
Old 03-12-2022, 05:55 PM   #194
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Boilers vs Hawkeyes tomorrow for a game that probably doesn't matter all that much when it comes to the big tourney next week but still always good to get those tourney W's.

Always tough to beat a team 3 times, but should be a good one. Iowa has been as good as about anyone in the country lately. I love their style of play and it makes for a good watch. Big Ten needs to make some changes in officiating or something to encourage going away from the wrestling matches the majority of the league wants to play.

I'm certainly biased, but Purdue's resume is so good for the 3 seed they are probably going to get. 5/6 of their losses by 5 or less with 4 of them literally last-second shots.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 09:59 PM   #195
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This PAC12 title game has been really fun. Glad to see us back in the upper echelon of college hoops. Having gone to Cincinnati I love seeing what Cronin has done at UCLA. Think its a matter of time before he has them in contention for a national title
Old 03-13-2022, 07:41 AM   #196
Ksyrup

So who did VT steal a bid from, and who's next to get knocked out if Texas A&M wins today? I think both of them were on the first 4 out list.
Old 03-13-2022, 09:05 AM   #197
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
So who did VT steal a bid from, and who's next to get knocked out if Texas A&M wins today? I think both of them were on the first 4 out list.

Lunardi says (fwiw) Xavier bumped by Va Tech, and he already has A&M in as a 12 (play-in), bumping SMU
Old 03-13-2022, 10:17 AM   #198
tarcone
Coordinator

Poor Jack Nunge left Iowa for Xavier this last offseason. Went from a potential final 4 team to a NIT team. Wonder if he has any regrets?

I am very excited for the game today. This is the best Iowa team I have seen in a long time (1987?). It is amazing what FM did after losing Luka Garza, Joe Weiskamp (both are in the NBA) Jack Nunge and CJ Frederick.

The biggest thing about this team is that they havent faded away like every other McCaffery team. This team has heart and are just tough, physically and mentally.

Go Hawks!

Last edited by tarcone : 03-13-2022 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-13-2022, 01:02 PM   #199
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

What the fuck was that kid from Princeton doing? Shame, almost an epic comeback and they don't even get a shot off.
Old 03-13-2022, 03:24 PM   #200
tarcone
Coordinator

B1G champ game is a really fun watch.

B1G may be screwed with that Richmond win.