Coordinator

Bah.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:03 PM   #1003
RendeR
Coordinator

Oh shit I forgot to vote =(

Sorry!

Was busy with things here at work and some other stuff. I should have picked something earlier.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:04 PM   #1004
The Jackal
Coordinator

Oh, I'm not a demon, just taking a different approach to this game. It is always disconcerting to see less talk, but I'm not overly worried.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #1005
Danny
Head Coach

So Kwhit doesn't bother to submit any action? If you were a villager, you could have helped us with some work.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #1006
Danny
Head Coach

BTW, there actually was evidence of PF's power. BK posted about it the night he changed the damage. PF just never revealed anything about it. I think we nailed ourselves a demon here, but we'll see I guess.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #1007
Danny
Head Coach

Wish Render would have gotten in some work though! Grrr
Old 01-28-2009, 06:30 AM   #1008
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Another quiet day, another easy lynch. You hammer down on KWhit and discover yet another villager.

Quote:
Hammer that nail. Hammer that nail. Hammer that nail. For some the monotony might be too much. For you it is liberating. Since you are so good at your job, you may choose one area you have worked on that day to construct in an extra sturdy way. If the demons attack that area during the following night cycle they will do half damage.

Walls - Repaired
Roof - Repaired
Windows - 2 shifts
Artwork - 2 shifts
Carpentry - Repaired

KWhit – Tyrith (983), Danny (985), Real (1001)

Carpentry – Tyrith (977),
Windows – Danny (985), Render (988), CR (999), Real (1001)
Roof – Jackal (989), DT (992), JE (997), JE (997), Jackal (998)
Art – DT (992), CR (999)

A gloom sets over the town in the morning. The birds aren't singing. When you find Tyrith's body, a body that has been made holy and pure you know that a most powerful angel has died.

Quote:
As Gabriel you could have chosen any of the many people in this community to be your corporal host. You choose the hermit since you felt it would be easy to blend-in. Of course the hermit’s ability to avoid lynching for a day by disappearing hardly fits with-in your plan and so it is a power you cannot use.

(redacted)

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 01-28-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:36 AM   #1009
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

For the love of crap...

Not a good day/night for us.

And some great analysis by myself. 0 for 2 now. Might as well lynch myself at this point.

I am only partially cheered that the one thing I figured out was that Tyrith was Gabriel, but that was the one bit of information I couldn't share.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:11 AM   #1010
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I have to run, as it is a two-job day.

Yesterday was a bad day, but it was a bad choice for the demons to off Tyrith instead of Render, JE and RealDeal, who remain cleared, unless I am missing something. And RD says we have another villager.

The remaining uncleared (from everyone's perspective, not my own) are The Jackal, myself, Danny, jeheiz and DT, I believe. Someone correct me if I am wrong. So there's an angel and two demons in that group. I am none of them myself. I am also pretty sure who the two demons are, but that's because I amk certain of my own allegiance, which none of the rest of you has any proof of. So I guess I will leave that up to you.

Instead, I will contribute my work to the cathedral, and put my fate at the feet of the village.

I highly recommend looking at friends of the old clap, if anyone's listening to me anymore.

VOTE ROOF
VOTE ROOF

That should finish the roof.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:12 AM   #1011
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The above line about RD should be that "RD says we have another angel".

Old 01-28-2009, 08:19 AM   #1012
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Ugh. Sorry folks. Life came up yesterday afternoon in a hurry and I didn't even think about the game again until this morning.

Looks like while I didn't miss much conversation, we had a poor day.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:20 AM   #1013
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

CR, I see you're still here. Any particular reason I shouldn't just stick with my initial gut from way back and vote for you? I mean you've seemed fishy from the outset (to me) and now have led us down a logical path which resulted in 2 bad lynches.

Ditto that to Danny who seemed to want to espouse the "Let's lynch PF and then if not CR". So if you are actually a villager, I would think you'd take great exception to his plan to lock in back-to-back villager lynches.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:27 AM   #1014
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Second straight day we lynch a villager who had a power and didn't feel like telling anyone when they were up for a lynch.

Can someone explain this to me? Are people just giving so little a shit about this game that they don't care to save themselves when they are up for lynch?
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:39 AM   #1015
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Evidently RD. I mean yeah, these powers may not be lynch-saving, but I'd think they'd at least be stated.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:46 AM   #1016
RealDeal
High School Varsity

The caliber and intensity of these WW games seems lower than last when I played. Two straight villagers who basically just shrug their shoulders when they're up for a lynch makes me sad.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:50 AM   #1017
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
CR, I see you're still here. Any particular reason I shouldn't just stick with my initial gut from way back and vote for you? I mean you've seemed fishy from the outset (to me) and now have led us down a logical path which resulted in 2 bad lynches.

Ditto that to Danny who seemed to want to espouse the "Let's lynch PF and then if not CR". So if you are actually a villager, I would think you'd take great exception to his plan to lock in back-to-back villager lynches.

At least we were trying to do something. Others were of no help and I took my best shot at who I thought was a demon. You're barking up the wrong tree.

I am the converted angel. Real Deal can confirm this. I have no powers and there really is no advantage in the demons lynching me.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:53 AM   #1018
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
The caliber and intensity of these WW games seems lower than last when I played. Two straight villagers who basically just shrug their shoulders when they're up for a lynch makes me sad.

Indeed, Kwhit didn't even bother doing work or anything. It's kind of hard to point the finger at CR (who I don't know his allegiance), Tyrith or myself when we were the only non cleared to actually be doing much of anything.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:55 AM   #1019
Danny
Head Coach

I'm not convinced Render/Jonathan are good anymore. I find it very surprising that both are still alive and when they came out day two our seer was already dead. I'm not saying we should lynch them, but I know how dangerous it is to be working on a false assumption all game.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:58 AM   #1020
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Yes, Danny is the new angel.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:59 AM   #1021
Danny
Head Coach

BTW, this could be do or die today. 8 players. 2 angels, 2 demons and 4 villagers. A villager lynch and a night kill and it's game over? I think we need to finish the cathedral every day that remains and perhaps win the game that way.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:02 AM   #1022
Danny
Head Coach

I have to go, but

Roof - 2 Shifts
Windows - 2 shifts
Artwork - 3 shifts
Carpentry - 2 shifts

CR worked two on roof, we have 7 players left. I think the following work breakdown maximizes are chances.

Roof CR two units. If he doesn't finish his work, we know his a demon.

Artwork I would like to see Render put 1 point and Jonathan 2 points and no one else work.

I can put two points into the windows guaranteeing they are done. Then everyone else should be putting points into carpentry.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:03 AM   #1023
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
At least we were trying to do something. Others were of no help and I took my best shot at who I thought was a demon. You're barking up the wrong tree.

I am the converted angel. Real Deal can confirm this. I have no powers and there really is no advantage in the demons lynching me.

Hey, I'm trying to (though yesterday was poor).

I didn't really need you to confirm, but that's good it whittles our pool some more.

I'm pretty sure I'm voting CR today
Old 01-28-2009, 09:08 AM   #1024
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Hey, I'm trying to (though yesterday was poor).

I didn't really need you to confirm, but that's good it whittles our pool some more.

I'm pretty sure I'm voting CR today

There's not much risk, I can't do anything and count as an angel, so killing would be a bad demon play.

I really think we should not lynch anyone today and go with the working strategy.

CR x2 on Roof
Danny x 2 on Windows
Jonathan x2 and Render x1 on Artwork
Everyone else on carpentry
Old 01-28-2009, 09:10 AM   #1025
Danny
Head Coach

A bad lynch is really bad, so this forces either us to be done with our work or a demon to out themselves. If Roof is unfinished we know CR is bad. If Artwork is not finished we know both Jon and Render are bad. And then there is enough people on Carpentry where it doesn't matter if demons fake there.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:11 AM   #1026
Danny
Head Coach

It prolongs the game which can be good or bad. Seems like most might not be that into the game anyway, but I think it's our best strategy at this point.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #1027
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Wish Render would have gotten in some work though! Grrr

I worked on the windows. Grrr yourself. I just didn't vote and that turned out not to matter as I was going with the majority on kwhit anyway.

Sorry K.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #1028
Danny
Head Coach

I'm leaving for work will be on my normal time. I'm not trying to be bossy with this, but I think we need a cohesive strategy because of the voting/work dynamic. Again, I think what I posted is our strongest play to put the pressure back on the demons. Anyone pushing for a lynch when that could be end game should be very suspicious.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #1029
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not convinced Render/Jonathan are good anymore. I find it very surprising that both are still alive and when they came out day two our seer was already dead. I'm not saying we should lynch them, but I know how dangerous it is to be working on a false assumption all game.

We've been working on teh false assumption that CR is good for days now. He lept into the fray when the meltdown happened on Firday and went the way of the "helpful villager" and we all bought in because of avoiding more conflict.

I know Jon is not an angel or a demon, jon knows I am not an angel or a demon. If we accept then that Realdeal indeed converted over Danny thats 4 good players leaving 4 unknowns. CR has played the hiding in plain site role to the hilt IMO. this second bad lynch based more or less on his analysis tells me its time to verify that.

Dt is still aquestion mark as well. Anyone else notice he hasn't used his power since he stated that Telle was lying? That leaves me with 2 possible answers. A- He had a one time power and used it or B- he's been a demon all along and knew she was lying once he picked up on the fact that she was the cultist.

VOTE CHIEF RUM
VOTE CHIEF RUM
Old 01-28-2009, 09:31 AM   #1030
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm leaving for work will be on my normal time. I'm not trying to be bossy with this, but I think we need a cohesive strategy because of the voting/work dynamic. Again, I think what I posted is our strongest play to put the pressure back on the demons. Anyone pushing for a lynch when that could be end game should be very suspicious.

If you still think I'm bad after all the BS that went down in this game then you're not any better at this than I was for following the wrong logic path onthe telle situation. We cannot win this game if we don't lynch someone, CR is out best target based on the evidence we have.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:03 AM   #1031
Tyrith
College Starter

*bleeds on the floor*
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:06 AM   #1032
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I'm fine with lynching CR tonight. Been very hard to get a read lately, particularly with the last two lynched villagers, who didn't tell us their role before the lynch. Without any info to work off of, we're just guessing.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #1033
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

RendeR - I have one use of my power left. It was a two-time power. I've been sitting on the other use of the power waiting for a time when I thought it made sense to use it.

As for me being quiet - I haven't been around to post much during the days because my work ethic has been getting the better of my WW-play. It's not related to my being a wolf or a villager, it just rears its ugly head sometimes. I feel guilty if I'm not actually working.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #1034
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

figured it'd be useful if we thought we nabbed a demon or something. would have used it to check on the angels but they have all backed each other up.

i've thought about using it on you or JE actually, because what Danny said did cross my mind in my most paranoid moments. but i haven't.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:13 PM   #1035
RendeR
Coordinator

I wonder...you can use that power to verify the truth on a single statement yes?

If I make a statement encompassing both Jon and I then you could verify us both?

that would give us a solid CoT of 4 and anyone who isn't willing to go along sort of shows themselves, yes?
Old 01-28-2009, 02:05 PM   #1036
The Jackal
Coordinator

It is quite discouraging that people weren't compelled to reveal as much as they could, perhaps they thought enough people weren't around.. but I don't think that's the case.

I'm going to hold off committing to an action for now. Problem with the people after CR is that it doesn't inflate the discussion much because he isn't around to answer..

But I'm not seeing many heated arguments against anyone else that could potentially be on the chopping block.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #1037
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm pretty sure I'm on board with lynching CR. I'll save my actions until later in case something useful pops up.. but I'll probably work carpentry.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #1038
The Jackal
Coordinator

If we do end up lynching him though, we will need someone to work on the roof.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:56 PM   #1039
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I thought the lynchee's work actions stuck?

Or are you saying if we lynch him, he's bad and he faked the work?
Old 01-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #1040
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

VOTE CHIEF RUM
WORK CARPENTRY
Old 01-28-2009, 04:58 PM   #1041
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Well, I'm outta here, talk to ya tomorrow folks.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #1042
Danny
Head Coach

My no lynch strategy is gone obviously. Render, I feel you are likely good and have all game, but with two bad lynches in a row, you do start to get a little paranoid.

As for CR, I knew that he found out Tyrith was Gabriel because I found out that night as well. And then when I was converted the following day it backed that up. I don't know if the fact he knew that and then sat on not killing him for a day makes him more or less likely to be a wolf.

DT, I definitely think we should use your power sometime soon. Personally, I think every player should post the following. I am not a demon. And then you can choose who you want to find out about.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #1043
Danny
Head Coach

I do wonder why you wouldn't have used your 2nd ability sooner though. Either way now that the demons know you have it, you should definitely use it today.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #1044
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I thought the lynchee's work actions stuck?

Or are you saying if we lynch him, he's bad and he faked the work?

They do stick. It's possible he simply worked knowing he would be lynched and plans to fake the work.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #1045
Danny
Head Coach

I think tonight is end game if we make the wrong lynch. 2 angels, 2 demons and 4 villagers means we're sunk with a villager lynch and a villager night kill.

We have to keep this in mind when looking at anyone who is pushing really strong to lynch someone.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:40 PM   #1046
Danny
Head Coach

Hoops, just give me the first letter to the names of the two remaining wolves.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:50 PM   #1047
RendeR
Coordinator

LOL
Old 01-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #1048
Danny
Head Coach

For me the three most likely wolves are CR, Jeheinz and DT. For some reason I tend to not suspect The Jackal. I think DT's power doesn't mean anything towards being a demon or not. A demon could easily have that power for their player to try and snuff out angels.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:00 PM   #1049
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I really think we should not lynch anyone today and go with the working strategy.
I was asked at the beginning of the game. I think I've said it since then (though it might only have been in PMs). There will be a lynch. Trying to come up with a strategy where there is no lynch simply isn't viable in this game.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:01 PM   #1050
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I was asked at the beginning of the game. I think I've said it since then (though it might only have been in PMs). There will be a lynch. Trying to come up with a strategy where there is no lynch simply isn't viable in this game.

We could always lynch the dead body of Packerfanatic for his booze. We might need it the way were going.