Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #701
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
That's true, it may have been a mistake in the role he had listed.

If he is the seer, sorry guys. I thought for sure I was going to be attacked tonight. That was ballsy to still go after Jackal, so props for that. Of course, having the guts to do that doesn't make me feel any better about Jeheinz.

I suspected you may have played it so you could protect yourself tonight. Ballsy moves, but I couldn't fault it much even if the seer was jackal.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #702
Danny
Head Coach

BTW, if the real seer does come forward today, I can promise you my protection tomorrow night.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:25 PM   #703
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

GAH!!

Sorry Guys, I was in a hurry, Jackal was the seer.

My bad
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #704
Danny
Head Coach

Damn
Old 01-12-2009, 10:28 PM   #705
Danny
Head Coach

Moving forward I think we need to look at RPI-Fan and Jeheinz. RPI is clearly on the team of the wolves, so should probably look there first even though he is probably just the janitor.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:30 PM   #706
hoopsguy
General Manager

Much better. Good luck to all the rest of the way.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:32 PM   #707
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Heh, makes more sense. But it was fun stuff while it lasted.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:39 PM   #708
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lol makes more sense.

i guess since the seer is dead i can say that maybe as the seer what i would have tried to do is scan one of my roommates (if i had 2, or just the 1 if i had one) so i knew I could trust them, and then funnel my scan results through them via PM to protect myself. thought maybe the real seer did that and was using Jackel to funnel their results. Guess not though.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:01 AM   #709
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
That's true, it may have been a mistake in the role he had listed.

If he is the seer, sorry guys. I thought for sure I was going to be attacked tonight. That was ballsy to still go after Jackal, so props for that. Of course, having the guts to do that doesn't make me feel any better about Jeheinz.

You really should have guarded Jackal like you were supposed too, we would have one more scan. Why would you even risk a free scan for at best a 50/50 chance of a block?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:03 AM   #710
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Danny, can you confirm if you guarded yourself on night one and blocked an attack from EF? If so, the attacks have been from one roommate to another each night.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:06 AM   #711
Danny
Head Coach

Supposed to? I wasn't aware of my orders apparently.

I felt it much more likely the wolves attacked me. I made the move I thought was best. It didn't turn out well. Oh well.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:08 AM   #712
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Danny, can you confirm if you guarded yourself on night one and blocked an attack from EF? If so, the attacks have been from one roommate to another each night.

No, I guarded EF, which prevented him from doing a night kill.

One night two I guarded Abe, which means if he was a wolf there is a a 50% chance he would have been doing the kill.

Last night I guarded myself obviously. The wolves knew I guarded EF night one, and I thought figured I guarded myself last night which is why they went elsewhere. Of course if my only choice for today was guarding Jackal I would have. I really thought the wolves figured this and would have attacked me.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:09 AM   #713
Danny
Head Coach

And now I'm obviously dead tomorrow, so hopefully we can catch that last wolf.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:22 AM   #714
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wow, I am missing a ton of head-spinning fun here while away at work. Belated thumbs up to The Jackal on nailing hoops. Myself, other than being naturally suspicious of hoops, he wasn't even on my radar.

As for Danny's move, I guess I can understand the reasoning, but my thinking is that you have to realize who is more important there. He has to know as an outed good guy, his time is limited, and since the seer role is also outed, it's only a matter of time before both are dead. So he should have protected The Jackal and sacrificed himself, expecting he would be targeted. As it turns out, had he done so, we would likely have our third wolf (yes, that part from hoops I believe, but more because it just makes sense based on the numbers in this game).

I don't think anything less of Danny or question his allegiance, of course. I just don't know if I would agree he made the right move there.

BTW, I see a lot of heinz or RPI being tossed out, as a one or the other, or that's the impression I get. Personally that surprises me, as I am not sure I get the heinz suspicion here. It seems to me RPI and Hannibal with his D1 vote are the most suspicious now.

As for Gramm, who I voted for, I think I made a mistake there. He is right that, if he were a wolf, why would he let The Jackal live and continue to risk EF? Dropping the killing vote is risky, of course, but I think people would be inclined to give him undeserving trust for doing that, rather than questioning it. So I am now leaning toward Gramm being good, as I don't think a wolf would pass up the opportunity to gain "too obvious to be a wolf" trust AND save an actual wolf.

BTW, one bad thing about constantly finding a wolf--next to impossible to get anything out of the voting records.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:28 AM   #715
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think Danny was just trying to protect himself he was trying to fool the wolves to wasting attacks. He didn't protect himself N2 hoping the wolves would think he was, then he was hoping last night the wolves would think he was protecting the seer and attack him instead.

So I understand it. Personally I think the seer is just to important to play games with. The plan was fine until the seer came into play.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:31 AM   #716
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

To add to that that, if it all had worked out he would have procted seer the next night. And we would gain even another day, that would have been the reward.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:32 AM   #717
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
ummm wtf? jackel did you think you were a good guy?
maintenance man is what the seer is called here
Hannibal Lecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:34 AM   #718
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
lol makes more sense.

i guess since the seer is dead i can say that maybe as the seer what i would have tried to do is scan one of my roommates (if i had 2, or just the 1 if i had one) so i knew I could trust them, and then funnel my scan results through them via PM to protect myself. thought maybe the real seer did that and was using Jackel to funnel their results. Guess not though.

I had thought of this as well while I was thinking of reasons that we should lynch hoops. But at the time of the reveal he had named who he scanned each night, none being his roommate. So I discounted it.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:35 AM   #719
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

vote rpi
Old 01-13-2009, 06:36 AM   #720
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

lets get er started... had he said anything since Heinze outed him? cant think of him saying anythign all game....
Old 01-13-2009, 06:54 AM   #721
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

He hasn't been around. Which is why I voted on him before Heinze out him.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:37 AM   #722
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I agree. I am still inclined to explore the HL issue, but RPI's odd comments and his non-presence in thead tells me it does us more "certain" good taking him out.

My main issue is that I find it very difficult to believe RPI is a wolf, since clearly the wolves are still operating. Does anyone know too many wolves, especially if as we surmise that there is only one who are active with night actions but who don't even post in thread?

So going after RPI ensures that we will actually take out a villager today, and that the game will go another day (with another night kill presumeably), even if RPI is only the bare resemblance of a villager.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:39 AM   #723
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I talked myself into it. I am going Hannibal for now, but I will be back before deadline to reconsider if needed. I want to go for an actrual wolf, instead of giving the baddies another day.

VOTE HANNIBAL

Old 01-13-2009, 07:40 AM   #724
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Help me out, someone frame the RPI case for me.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:56 AM   #725
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Well, we got hoops and he wasn't the brutal,that's good.

Why didn't we protect Jackal though?
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:56 AM   #726
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So danny you got yourself a case of fancy play syndrome huh? Simple play tends to be good play. Look at hoops trying to help put the nail in the coffin of a wolf D1. Lot of good that did him. Frankly I think my being scanned wasn't the right play in the situation since if Jackal had been killed before revealing we'd have likely assumed his roommate, at the very least, was cleared. As for ideas moving forward, I think the fact that wolves have been roomies with roled villagers is worth thinking about. Coincidence is possible. GM conniving is also possible.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:57 AM   #727
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

And reading back, I see that somehow I'm now getting suspicion. HUH?!?

I can't honestly fathom what I've done to garner that. Is it my fault that I came forward with a legit story (verified by the now known to be Seer) about how RPI alluded to a role only to never follow up on it (or have a possible role left that he could be)
Old 01-13-2009, 07:58 AM   #728
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Let's not forget I was on EF from Day One. And not just the let's-put-a-vote-on-him way, I basicaly argued with him all day and made him a candidate.

If EF PM'd you a lot about me Danny, it was likely because I was all up in his business fucking up his chi.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:02 AM   #729
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Help me out, someone frame the RPI case for me.

Here's my take on him (with that said I'm not 100% voting for him today)

- Has done virtually nothing
- In PM to me and Jackal on Day One he tells us he has a special role, but wanted feedback. Which is great, that move temporarily moved him up my trust list. Only catch is, all the good roles have been either killed off or revealed without any counter (Danny/BG).

Right now I'd say I'm about 60/20/20. Meaning 60% shot I think he's the janitor and didn't realize his role wasn't a good one (janitor and maintainance man are close to the same thing) and about a 20% shot on each chance that he's a wolf or wildly confused villager.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:02 AM   #730
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The case against RPI:

Suspicious D1 PM, claiming role and then later backing off.
In active since.

That's good enough for me, at this point.

Vote RPI
Old 01-13-2009, 08:03 AM   #731
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I do, FTR, think RPI is more likely Janitor than wolf. But I see nothing wrong with knocking off some wolf friends.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:07 AM   #732
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I do have a concern that this would now be basically our 3rd landslide vote in a row. We're severely detached from our meaningful votes. I'll likely regret saying this since it seems people are casting aspersions my way, but we should probably start talking other candidates now as well
Old 01-13-2009, 08:09 AM   #733
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
I do have a concern that this would now be basically our 3rd landslide vote in a row. We're severely detached from our meaningful votes. I'll likely regret saying this since it seems people are casting aspersions my way, but we should probably start talking other candidates now as well
Sounds good to me. Make the case.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #734
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm fairly confident RPI is the janitor and we have another wolf out there. While I'd rather look elsewhere, I think we need to confirm RPI's status to move on.

Vote RPI

Old 01-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #735
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post

I agree.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #736
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Well, sadly, I fall short of having any good leads. Hence I want the input. Here's my POV on those left:

1. RPI Fan - As mentioned to before, I'd say 60% janitor, 20% wolf
2. DaddyTorgo - Villager vibe, but it could be because he's agreed with me. A nice vote on
3. Jeff - Likely villager or playing a balls game as a wolf. Not a path worth persuing all too soon. Good vote for EF too
4. Telle - In the Questionable Bucket (tm). Minus points for the incorrect but understandable vote D1. No real chance to the positive since
6. Chief Rum - Silent...but deadly? Always tough to read and to analyze votes on. One of those where to go for him, I'll basically have to convince myself of if since there is no back-and-forth
8. Hannibal - Horrid looking D1 vote but giving villager vibe. Also in my Questionable Bucket (tm).
10. Danny - Cleared in my mind
12. Grammaticus - Also in the Questionable Bucket (tm). His play has been erratic at best. No vote at all Day One and inconsistent play since then. Can't say I'm thrilled he started suggesting me, not going to lie there, but frankly I think I've played a pretty studly villager game. Even people who always try and think I'm a wolf have stated as much.
13. Barkeep - Cleared by seer
14. JeHeinze - Known good (to me!)
15. Abe - Someone I'd like to hear more from. Good player, so I'm wary of his being neither cleared nor in the Questionable Bucket (tm). Good players just cruise in the middle as a wolf.

So, to sum up, I'd say

Not worth discussing: Danny, BK, RPI (since I'm fairly certain he's not villager-favorable and he's getting votes already, votes I agree with

Likely Villagers that I can't see voting for soon without major revelations: Jeff, DT

Middle of the road: Abe, Chief Rum

Questionable Bucket (tm): Hannibal, Telle, Gramm
Old 01-13-2009, 08:29 AM   #737
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

My questionable bucket is Telle, Gramm, Rummy. Followed closely by Abe and then Hannibal.

I haven't swapped any PMs with Abe. I'm just a villager, I have no reason to trust him and no sensitive information to share, so I haven't initiated contact. Neither has Abe.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:32 AM   #738
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Jeff people can always slip up in PMs.... its always a good idea to keep contact... There has been at least one game when I got busted by not keeping my story strait. and you have nothing to lose.

that being said me and telle haven't really said anything.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:33 AM   #739
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Good point. This is the first game I've played where everyone had someone they can PM.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:49 AM   #740
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I didn't receive a royalty check for that use of my trademarked material, Jeff.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:52 AM   #741
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Wow, I am missing a ton of head-spinning fun here while away at work. Belated thumbs up to The Jackal on nailing hoops. Myself, other than being naturally suspicious of hoops, he wasn't even on my radar.

As for Danny's move, I guess I can understand the reasoning, but my thinking is that you have to realize who is more important there. He has to know as an outed good guy, his time is limited, and since the seer role is also outed, it's only a matter of time before both are dead. So he should have protected The Jackal and sacrificed himself, expecting he would be targeted. As it turns out, had he done so, we would likely have our third wolf (yes, that part from hoops I believe, but more because it just makes sense based on the numbers in this game).

I don't think anything less of Danny or question his allegiance, of course. I just don't know if I would agree he made the right move there.

BTW, I see a lot of heinz or RPI being tossed out, as a one or the other, or that's the impression I get. Personally that surprises me, as I am not sure I get the heinz suspicion here. It seems to me RPI and Hannibal with his D1 vote are the most suspicious now.

As for Gramm, who I voted for, I think I made a mistake there. He is right that, if he were a wolf, why would he let The Jackal live and continue to risk EF? Dropping the killing vote is risky, of course, but I think people would be inclined to give him undeserving trust for doing that, rather than questioning it. So I am now leaning toward Gramm being good, as I don't think a wolf would pass up the opportunity to gain "too obvious to be a wolf" trust AND save an actual wolf.

BTW, one bad thing about constantly finding a wolf--next to impossible to get anything out of the voting records.

The wolves had to think it was at least a good possibility that I had been protecting Jackal and the fact they went there anyway leads me to think his roommate could be a wolf making protecting jackal possible not matter at all.

And yeah, looking back I obviously wish I had played this the other way.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:57 AM   #742
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

...or they roled the dice down two wolves already and knowing they needed to get the Seer. And if successful, they knew it'd paint me/RPI in a bad light.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:04 AM   #743
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, attacking with a roommate would have sealed their loss. I think they just considered the seer to important and were willing to attack back to back.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:44 AM   #744
Telle
College Starter

So most likely what we have left is one wolf and the janitor. I agree with others in believing that RPI-Fan is the janitor. I don't think there's much worry about him sowing confusion if we let him live a day since he hasn't been around much (didn't even vote the past two days). But then how long do we let him live on the off chance that he actually is a wolf? I'm thinking we take one day to look for a wolf and hopefully get ourselves a nice voting record, and then take care of him the next day.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:28 AM   #745
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

We absolutely shouldn't lynch RPI if he's the janitor - he counts for our #'s. At least till we've exhausted basically everyone else. He should have a free pass to endgame right now - somebody do the math and find out if he was the brutal wolf, given the victory conditions, how many villagers we could have left and still lynch him and win please. he gets a free pass until that point though, absolutely.

I haven't gotten much from Gram as a roomie either. Honestly, a significant piece of me thinks that Rummie is a crafty bastard and we best lynch him to be sure he's not the last wolf.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:30 AM   #746
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

the odds against having a room that was wolf/janitor/seer are pretty high.

i'm starting to formulate a plan of lynching that looks like: CR, jeheinz, telle, hannibal
Old 01-13-2009, 10:33 AM   #747
Telle
College Starter

The problem is that we don't KNOW that RPI-Fan is the janitor.. it's just our current best guess. There's also a possibility that he's a wolf, and I wouldn't be comfortable letting him live indefinitely because of that possibility.

And why are people looking at jeheinz all of a sudden? I actually have him in the "probably good" category due to his Day 1 play.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:36 AM   #748
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

that's why i said somebody should do the math telle, and figure out exactly how long we can let RPI fan live assuming he is the brutal wolf and still win the game. then we let him live to that point.

as for jeheinz...not sure why i put him on my list. I blame the fact that I got less than 4 hours of sleep last night for the 2nd night in a row (yay!) i'd like to amend my list to be: CR, Hannibal, Telle, Abe
Old 01-13-2009, 10:36 AM   #749
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

and then Gram after Abe.

Hi roomie!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:42 AM   #750
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

DT's Lynching-order list: Chief Rum, Hannibal the Cannibal, Telle, Abe, Grammaticus.

If it's a 1:1 ratio then we have to kill RPI-fan for sure when there are 3 villagers + him left. Otherwise we risk some goofy rule where he gets his brutal and lives for a second after that and it's long enough to claim victory. If Lathum is willing to state that would not happen then we can wait till it's 2 villagers plus him.

Currently we have 11 players left. We don't have to lynch him until we have 4 (or 3) total players left. Assuming a wolf kill + lynch everyday (-2 people) we have either 3 (or 4) lynch choices before we have to kill RPI-Fan.