Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2021, 04:10 PM   #2801
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
McConnell. Vote to acquit. Ten minutes later. Damn this guy was guilty as hell.

Fuck him

Such a devout coward. It’s gotta take all kinds of moral and intellectual gymnastics to sleep at night if you’re McConnell. Or maybe not. Maybe he doesn’t give a shit about anything besides himself and sleeps like a baby.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 04:12 PM   #2802
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I get why those running in 2024 would vote no, but I have no idea why they worked so hard for Trump. Nobody else can run the party while he's still at the top and he's not going to hand the crown to someone outside of the family. It seems like the best outcome for someone like Cruz or Hawley would have been conviction while they voted no. Something like a 90-10 conviction would piss off the base, but it would eliminate future problems with Trump running and there are two years to rile up the base because of the Dem baby-killers coming after your guns.

Instead, they all get to lick Trump's boots for another couple of election cycles.
Old 02-13-2021, 04:14 PM   #2803
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
McConnell. Vote to acquit. Ten minutes later. Damn this guy was guilty as hell.

Fuck him
Old 02-13-2021, 05:24 PM   #2804
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
It is ALMOST like the incident at the Michigan state capitol set a precedent.

It is ALMOST like the incident at the U.S. capitol set a precedent.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 05:48 PM   #2805
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I get why those running in 2024 would vote no, but I have no idea why they worked so hard for Trump. Nobody else can run the party while he's still at the top and he's not going to hand the crown to someone outside of the family. It seems like the best outcome for someone like Cruz or Hawley would have been conviction while they voted no. Something like a 90-10 conviction would piss off the base, but it would eliminate future problems with Trump running and there are two years to rile up the base because of the Dem baby-killers coming after your guns.

Instead, they all get to lick Trump's boots for another couple of election cycles.

Maybe they are just fascists.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 05:55 PM   #2806
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

But they're ambitious fascists.
Old 02-13-2021, 09:21 PM   #2807
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

And their ambitions die if they are thought to betray Trump. They need him out of the way, but they cannot do it themselves.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 09:32 AM   #2808
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Definitely not a cult.

Here are the 137 Democrats who voted to kill an impeachment resolution against Trump - CNN Politics

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/09/polit...tes/index.html

Democrats who voted 'no' on the impeachment inquiry resolution - CNN Politics

Definitely not a cult either.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 10:31 AM   #2810
PilotMan
Head Coach

For for impeachment based on actions that brought the charges is exactly and equally as important and voting against it.

And there's some guy, somewhere who has been in jail for 12 years or more because he had a joint on him and got busted for the third time. He's too hardened a criminal to even consider letting back into civilized society at this point.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 12:36 PM   #2811
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

A good thread from Jonathan Rauch on the potential lastin effects of Trump's presidency:

Quote:
Post-impeachment, we can say this: Trump's presidency has amended the Constitution. Not formally, of course, but informally...which matters just as much. Here are the five Trump amendments. 1/9
1. "No president shall be removed from office for treason, bribery, or any other crime or misdemeanor provided a partisan minority of the Senate will protect him (which is always). Impeachment is thus a nullity and presidents can expect impunity." 2/9
2. "Congressional oversight shall be optional. No congressional subpoena or investigative demand shall be binding on a president who chooses to ignore it." 3/9
3. "Congressional appropriations shall be suggestions. The president may choose whether or not to conform with congressional spending laws, and Congress shall have no recourse should a president declare that his own priorities supersede Congress's express will." 4/9
4. "The president shall have authority to make appointments as he sees fit, without the advice and consent of the Senate, provided he deems his appointees to be acting, temporary, or otherwise exempt from the ordinary confirmation process." 5/9
5. "The president shall have unconstrained authority to dangle and issue pardons for the purpose of obstructing justice, tampering with witnesses, and forestalling investigations. There is nothing anyone can do about this (see Amendment 1 above)." 6/9
Let's count our blessings. Had Trump won a second term, he'd have put through a 6th amendment: "The president may ignore or violate court orders." 7/9
Still, the existing Trump amendments give the president WAY more discretion and impunity than the Founders intended. After Trump, we're more dependent than ever on the president's character to prevent a quasi-monarchy. 8/9
And more than ever, there's a howling void at the center of the Constitution...one called Congress. 9/9
Old 02-16-2021, 06:10 PM   #2812
BYU 14
Coordinator

Oh the fucking irony

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump fired back at Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell on Tuesday, releasing a scathing statement after McConnell published an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal blaming him for the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

“The Republican Party can never again be respected or strong with political ‘leaders’ like Sen. Mitch McConnell at its helm,” Trump said in a written statement. “McConnell’s dedication to business as usual, status quo policies, together with his lack of political insight, wisdom, skill, and personality, has rapidly driven him from Majority Leader to Minority Leader, and it will only get worse.”

Trump lives in a reality that is hard to comprehend sometimes, calling out anyone (regardless of how true it may be) for their lack of wisdom/insight after the 4 years of his lunacy is just, well, so Trump.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 06:19 PM   #2813
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Scavino was much better at writing in a way that almost sounded like Trump. Whoever did this barely tried.
Old 02-16-2021, 07:10 PM   #2814
BYU 14
Coordinator

Was probably Lindsey, sounds like him
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 08:23 PM   #2815
GrantDawg

Trump has fired Rudy as his personal lawyer on the same day both were sued by the NAACP for their involvement in the January 6th attack.

Old 02-16-2021, 08:23 PM   #2816
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Trump Calls on G.O.P. to Replace McConnell

This will be fun to watch in the future
Old 02-18-2021, 08:21 AM   #2817
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Cruz going on vacation during the ice storm and DeSantis being unapologetically and aggressively political with vaccine distribution may give us a clue whether "LOL, the old rules are gone; nothing matters" applies to non-Trumps who are trying to run the Trump playbook.

I have no idea whether he will end up being a unicorn, or whether he rewrote the rules for the GOP going forward.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 09:15 AM   #2818
GrantDawg

It looks like Ted is flying back this afternoon, and he is having to fly coach. Imagine getting trapped in the middle seat next to Ted Cruz.

Old 02-18-2021, 09:19 AM   #2819
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Isn't flying back the worst of all worlds for Cruz?

Best case, you probably don't go on vacation.

But, if you do go, then you double down and defend that and blame everything on the Democrat Party.

By coming back early, you are kind of admitting that you should not have left. Very un-Trumpy.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:04 AM   #2820
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I can't think of a high-profile politician with worse political instincts than Ted Cruz. He always seems to make the wrong choice, going back to the 2016 convention.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:36 AM   #2821
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Isn't flying back the worst of all worlds for Cruz?

Best case, you probably don't go on vacation.

But, if you do go, then you double down and defend that and blame everything on the Democrat Party.

By coming back early, you are kind of admitting that you should not have left. Very un-Trumpy.

Yeah, flying back does no good for him politically at all. His next opponent will definitely run an attack ad about Ted's trip during the crisis and it's not like Ted can run a counter ad saying, "Yeah I went to Cancun, but I flew back."

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 11:14 AM   #2822
PilotMan
Head Coach

Cruz can't win here. At all. He's on vacation, with his family. He doesn't work IN Texas. He isn't a mayor or governor. He's not part of the State legislature. He's probably had that trip scheduled for months. Yet, weather fucks it all up. Not so support him, because he doesn't warrant it, but simply looking at the situation without it being HIM, it's totally no win. He stays, his family suffers, because he's not with them. He goes, he gets attacked. He stays on vacation, then he's a target, h comes back, he's a target. He's brought it on himself, and fuck him for being that person, but the situation itself, doesn't necessarily warrant all the attacks if he's a regular Joe.

Like Steam?

Old 02-18-2021, 11:17 AM   #2823
molson
General Manager

I wonder what Cruz does on vacation in Cancun.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 11:18 AM   #2824
PilotMan
Head Coach

I bet $1000 he doesn't vacation where I do down there.

Like Steam?

Old 02-18-2021, 11:38 AM   #2825
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

In 2021, there is nothing that Cruz needed to do to help (basically, be lobbying the WH for maximum disaster relief and coordinating with state and federal officials to facilitate delivery of that relief) that he couldn't do from Cancun with Zoom/telephone. Heck, if he's at a fancy resort (which I assume he would be), he probably has better access to those things than in Texas with no power.

It is just the optics that seem so horrible.

But politics is 90% optics. Sometimes, politicians have to do things that make no sense b/c they look like they make sense. And this was one of those things.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 02-18-2021 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-18-2021, 11:47 AM   #2826
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I wonder what Cruz does on vacation in Cancun.

Molts his skin?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 11:52 AM   #2827
JediKooter
Coordinator

Mexico should deport him back to Canada

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 12:00 PM   #2828
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In 2021, there is nothing that Cruz needed to do to help (basically, be lobbying the WH for maximum disaster relief and coordinating with state and federal officials to facilitate delivery of that relief) that he couldn't do from Cancun with Zoom/telephone. Heck, if he's at a fancy resort (which I assume he would be), he probably has better access to those things than in Texas with no power.

But politics is 90% optics. Sometimes, politicians have to do things that make no sense b/c they look like they make sense. And this was one of those things.

He was all over the Austin mayor earlier this year for a trip and has spent this week in full Quixote mode on windmills. Live by optics, die by optics.

He should put his power to use getting people to warming shelters. The thing is not only would it help people in need, but it would be political gold even to only appear to be helping. As I said above, though, his political instincts are terrible.
Old 02-18-2021, 12:02 PM   #2829
GrantDawg

Quote:

It is optics, but political instincts should have told him not to fly to Cancun. He should have been in Texas doing something to help. Serve in a food line, bring in supplies, help a shelter, etc. THAT is what you do as a politician if you can't do anything else. Not say "to bad, so sad" and go on vacation.
Old 02-18-2021, 12:13 PM   #2830
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
He stays, his family suffers, because he's not with them.

This is where your argument falls apart.
Old 02-18-2021, 12:56 PM   #2831
miami_fan
Coordinator

Not his fault, he was being a girl dad.

Quote:
"With school cancelled for the week, our girls asked to take a trip with friends. Wanting to be a good dad, I flew down with them last night and am flying back this afternoon," he said in the statement. "My staff and I are in constant communication with state and local leaders to get to the bottom of what happened in Texas. We want our power back, our water on, and our homes warm. My team and I will continue using all our resources to keep Texans informed and safe
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 02-18-2021, 12:57 PM   #2832
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Not that it matters, but CDC Guidelines say that people returning from Mexico need to have negative COVID-19 test before being allowed to return.
Old 02-18-2021, 01:35 PM   #2833
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
It is optics, but political instincts should have told him not to fly to Cancun. He should have been in Texas doing something to help. Serve in a food line, bring in supplies, help a shelter, etc. THAT is what you do as a politician if you can't do anything else. Not say "to bad, so sad" and go on vacation.

This

Beto is organizing welfare checks on seniors while Cruz was vacationing with his family. I'm sure the vacation had been planned, but you're a representative for your state and your people are suffering. You don't go on vacation.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 01:46 PM   #2834
molson
General Manager

His story now seems to be that he flew down just to accompany his daughters, and always meant to fly right back the next day
Old 02-18-2021, 01:48 PM   #2835
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
His story now seems to be that he flew down just to accompany his daughters, and always meant to fly right back the next day

sure....
Old 02-18-2021, 01:52 PM   #2836
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

Without getting that information to his team so they could get that to the media in the likely event questions arise?

Cruz has everything going for him to be a lifetime senator and I'll be mildy surprised if he's able to survive his next primary and general election cycle, yet he has 2024 presidential aspirations.

Last edited by Atocep : 02-18-2021 at 01:52 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 01:56 PM   #2837
molson
General Manager

He did the thing where he strongly implies the lie, without actually saying it.

"With school cancelled for the week, our girls asked to take a trip with friends. Wanting to be a good dad, I flew down with them last night and am flying back this afternoon."
Old 02-18-2021, 02:19 PM   #2838
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Ted Cruz is a scum bag, we know it. Republicans will still vote for him.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 03:01 PM   #2839
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Between now and 2024, we will have 8 more natural disasters and 37 "AOC sent a tweet. Was it ANTI-WHITE?!?!?" scandals.

People won't be able to remember Cruz doing this, let alone caring about it.
Old 02-18-2021, 03:08 PM   #2840
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

But this is the kind of thing that ends his admittedly already long-shot presidential aspirations.
Old 02-18-2021, 06:05 PM   #2841
GrantDawg

Even Ted Cruz's friends hate Ted Cruz.

Old 02-18-2021, 06:31 PM   #2842
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

Old 02-18-2021, 08:21 PM   #2843
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Somebody in Heidi Cruz's group text leaked.

Old 02-18-2021, 08:22 PM   #2844
GrantDawg

Yeah, that story has past. He admitted today that it was supposed be through the weekend, and text that his wife sent out inviting their friends was in the NYT.

Old 02-18-2021, 08:22 PM   #2845
GrantDawg

Jphillips and I have insync timing.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 02-18-2021 at 08:23 PM.
Old 02-18-2021, 08:57 PM   #2846
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

lol
Old 02-18-2021, 09:32 PM   #2847
miami_fan
Coordinator

I think it is the public's interest to know who said "This mfer said 'cancum'" because that is a great response.
Old 02-19-2021, 06:33 AM   #2848
GrantDawg

Old 02-19-2021, 07:16 AM   #2849
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Every time a Cruz scandal happens, I think of the episode of Shameless where Carl has a circumcision and it's recommended that he watch Ted Cruz speak to lose the urge to touch himself.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 07:21 AM   #2850
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote