Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2020, 10:25 AM   #601
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Who'd guess it?

I thought her name was Melissa Carone (vs Wright)?

But if true, that is hilarious.

Last edited by Edward64 : 12-05-2020 at 10:25 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 01:19 PM   #602
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Trump still trying THIS MORNING to pressure Kemp into overturning the election results. Crazy that we're at the point where we're dependent on people like Brian Kemp to save our democracy.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 02:47 PM   #603
bronconick
College Starter

His 2 month long temper tantrum over losing is going to propel him past Buchanan for worst President, if he wasn't there already.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 08:03 PM   #604
Ksyrup

This is the effing truth right here.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 12-06-2020, 08:01 AM   #605
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

The lawyers hired by the state of Georgia in the Powell lawsuit are gettin' kinda spicy!

Old 12-07-2020, 01:05 PM   #606
Ksyrup

I'm about ready to just walk out of this country and into the ocean. We've spent weeks railing against the GOP conspiracy theory nuts, and now the Dems are doing the same thing - about McConnell's victory, no less! Led by Christopher Titus!

The same half-baked BS about cheating and something seems suspicious and yada yada... just read the comments. Oy. We don't deserve what we have. We just plain suck.

Old 12-07-2020, 01:07 PM   #607
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

yeah. If anything they should take that "data" and use it as an example to the right that data inconsistencies happen on both sides.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 01:13 PM   #608
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

It is hard to express just how crazypants these lawsuits are as lawsuits (I know that the point of them is to raise money and not to win).

The best analogy I can think of: Team A beats Team B in a football game 35-14.

Three weeks after the game, team B files a complaint with, like, the deputy director of the NFLPA, arguing that Team A fumbled twice in the third quarter, and turnovers are a big predictor of success. So it is impossible for Team A to have won. So the deputy director of the NFLPA needs to overturn the results of the game and declare Team B the winner.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 01:25 PM   #609
Ben E Lou

After the completion of the third counting of the votes in Georgia, Joe Biden wins again. Georgia results have been certified for the second time now.
Old 12-07-2020, 01:30 PM   #610
Kodos
Resident Alien

We will keep counting until Trump wins!
Old 12-07-2020, 01:44 PM   #611
BYU 14
Coordinator

From his Georgia rally. And people keep harping on Biden's mental faculties SMH

Quote:
After segueing between various topics, Mr Trump told the crowd at the rally: “Blueberries, peppers, squash and cucumbers. Who does cucumbers around here?”

He added, as the crowd cheered: “Because I like cucumbers. I’m the only one. I like cucumbers.”
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 02:02 PM   #612
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
After the completion of the third counting of the votes in Georgia, Joe Biden wins again. Georgia results have been certified for the second time now.

Biden's one win away from sweeping the 7 game game series in Georgia.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 02:12 PM   #613
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Biden's one win away from sweeping the 7 game game series in Georgia.

Trump: Who does best of 7? It's going to be best of 9 or until we win 1!

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 02:42 PM   #614
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
It is hard to express just how crazypants these lawsuits are as lawsuits (I know that the point of them is to raise money and not to win).

The best analogy I can think of: Team A beats Team B in a football game 35-14.

Three weeks after the game, team B files a complaint with, like, the deputy director of the NFLPA, arguing that Team A fumbled twice in the third quarter, and turnovers are a big predictor of success. So it is impossible for Team A to have won. So the deputy director of the NFLPA needs to overturn the results of the game and declare Team B the winner.
This is exactly it. I mean they are not even trying to win these cases. The "Kraken" lawsuit in Wisconsin (after they have alreay lost in Georgia and essentially lost in Michigan today), they are not even asking for a hearing. They want the judge to rule off the error-riddled filing. What I think they thought they could get (beyond the financial grift) is the State legislatures to use the lawsuit as an excuse to overturn the election. That's why i believe they have went full-court press in Georgia and with Gov. Kemp. He was their best shot as a complete Trump boot-licker. They just didn't count on him being wary to blatantly break the law for Trump. It is much like Bill Barr, where he was willing to stomp on any norms and really destroy the independence of the Justice department, but just open law-breaking was a bit too far.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 12-07-2020 at 02:42 PM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 02:55 PM   #615
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Trump is just showing what a good Christian he is

https://apnews.com/article/donald-tr...3309336d130f56
Old 12-07-2020, 03:48 PM   #616
JPhillips
General Manager

Cobb County, GA closing half of the early voting locations.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:31 PM   #617
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Trump is just showing what a good Christian he is

https://apnews.com/article/donald-tr...3309336d130f56

I believe Catholic church is against death penalty.

I think Evangelicals are in concept opposed to it but not opposed enough to categorically say no.

So maybe "Trump is just show what a good Evangelical he is".
Old 12-07-2020, 05:33 PM   #618
Edward64
Head Coach

FWIW, I like the idea of Trump going down to FL and not coming back to the WH after the holidays.
Old 12-08-2020, 07:44 AM   #619
Ksyrup

I don't know where this needs to go since it's not directly Trump-related, but ... W. T. F.???

In THIS political climate, the official AZ GOP twitter account posts THIS?

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-08-2020 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-08-2020, 07:53 AM   #620
JPhillips
General Manager

A bunch of GOP congress folks filed an amicus brief with SCOTUS that includes this gem:

Old 12-08-2020, 07:57 AM   #621
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I don't know where this needs to go since it's not directly Trump-related, but ... W. T. F.???

In THIS political climate, the official AZ GOP twitter account posts THIS?

Well, we do have Andy Biggs, Debbie Lesko and Paul Gosar in office here, so yeah, not too hard to believe something like this, one of them probably ghost authored for whoever controls the account.

Sadly, a lot of elected officials here in both parties are fairly moderate, but the outliers defein extreme in a new and scary way.
Old 12-08-2020, 07:58 AM   #622
Ksyrup

This one is even more direct. Holy crap! Someone is going to get killed.

Old 12-08-2020, 08:16 AM   #623
Ksyrup

So naturally, the next lawsuit seeking to overturn the election is from Texas, against Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan and Wisconsin. How much further past pathetic can we go?

Old 12-08-2020, 08:18 AM   #624
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

didn't a lawmaker from Az. get shot in the face a while back?
Old 12-08-2020, 08:23 AM   #625
miami_fan
Coordinator

We know where this goes one of two ways. 1) we (whatever side we happens) say that it is the fault of the other side and/or 2) we say no one explicitly said that someone should die so we cannot not be held responsible for how someone interpreted the message that we sent.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 08:24 AM   #626
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
didn't a lawmaker from Az. get shot in the face a while back?

Yes, and her husband just became senator. Also, Lathum since I think your in PA, the child killed in that shooting was Dallas Green's grand-daughter (Dallas Green coach of the Phillies in 1980).
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 08:30 AM   #627
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Well, we do have Andy Biggs, Debbie Lesko and Paul Gosar in office here, so yeah, not too hard to believe something like this, one of them probably ghost authored for whoever controls the account.

Sadly, a lot of elected officials here in both parties are fairly moderate, but the outliers defein extreme in a new and scary way.

Kelly Ward seems to be the grand marshal of the crazy parade.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:33 AM   #628
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Imagine someone saying your father killed a sitting President and your wife should be committed to a mental institution.

Then imagine you doing everything in your power to support this person, even offering to argue for them to steal an election in front of the Supreme Court.

You would think there is no low for Ted Cruz, but you would be wrong. At least now we know what blind ambition looks like. He has to feel going all in is his only shot for 2024.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:15 AM   #629
Ben E Lou

With the EC meeting six days from today, I fully expected this to be a week of crazy. So far it hasn't disappointed.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:27 AM   #630
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Kelly Ward seems to be the grand marshal of the crazy parade.

Who somehow stays relevant despite getting trounced by McSally in the primary for what is now Sinema's seat.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:36 AM   #631
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
Yes, and her husband just became senator. Also, Lathum since I think your in PA, the child killed in that shooting was Dallas Green's grand-daughter (Dallas Green coach of the Phillies in 1980).

I'm in Jersey but had no idea.
Old 12-08-2020, 02:59 PM   #632
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
With the EC meeting six days from today, I fully expected this to be a week of crazy. So far it hasn't disappointed.
Trump's legal team has already said they will not stop until January 20, at 12:01 pm. So, the crazy is not stopping anytime soon.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 12-08-2020 at 03:00 PM.
Old 12-08-2020, 03:01 PM   #633
JPhillips
General Manager

Except they may all have COVID now, so that probably at least slows them down a bit.
Old 12-08-2020, 03:17 PM   #634
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Except they may all have COVID now, so that probably at least slows them down a bit.
I don't know if it will. I think they have middle school students writing their briefs.
Old 12-08-2020, 03:50 PM   #635
GrantDawg

SCOTUS says "No Thank you"
Old 12-08-2020, 03:52 PM   #636
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I don't know if it will. I think they have middle school students writing their briefs.

Might do a better job with the spell check and the legal footing might be just as sound.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 04:11 PM   #637
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Now that the SCOTUS has said they won't overrule the vote, now what they'll do. Apparently the big plan was to get to the SCOTUS, where they'll give it to Trump... Because they owe him or something? But they said nah.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2020, 04:19 PM   #638
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

There's actually a Really Supreme Court they're going to appeal to.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 04:28 PM   #639
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Now that the SCOTUS has said they won't overrule the vote, now what they'll do. Apparently the big plan was to get to the SCOTUS, where they'll give it to Trump... Because they owe him or something? But they said nah.

It's all about the Texas lawsuit now.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 04:32 PM   #640
henry296
College Starter

In an article about the stimulus package even Mitch referred to Biden as President-elect.
Old 12-08-2020, 04:35 PM   #641
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
It's all about the Texas lawsuit now.
I imagine. But the fact this was a unanimous "no" put out minutes after the last filing seems to say they are not interested in weighing in on this. The Texas suit would be considered an even longer shot to be heard.
Old 12-08-2020, 04:44 PM   #642
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Right, the Texas lawsuit is even more ridiculous than any others. The SCOTUS would smack it down on the same basis.

Old 12-08-2020, 04:46 PM   #643
Ben E Lou

So....I've lost count of the prominent conservatives who have been revealed to be a part of the Deep State. It seems we have Brian Kemp, Bill Barr, Amy Coney Barrett, Clarence Thomas, Neil Gorsuch, and Samuel Alito. Am I leaving any out?
Old 12-08-2020, 04:51 PM   #644
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I feel like just the remarkable declining quality of GOP politicians kind of gets lost/obscured in the discussion about Trumpism. Graham and McConnell are horrible (and Romney is relatively inoffensive), but they at least seem intelligent & maintain some air that reminds me of the classic 'GOP statesman' that I grew up with, whereas seemingly every other modern GOP politician is some flavor of used car lot kook. In particular, the next wave of gen-x GOP leadership, Cotton/Jordan/Gaetz/Cruz/Rubio/etc comes off like an an erectile dysfunction support group at a suburban Florida strip mall.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 04:59 PM   #645
Ksyrup

So they know at least 2 letters of the alphabet...

Old 12-08-2020, 04:59 PM   #646
whomario
Pro Starter

Someone explain to why the fuck the Texan AG would have any insight into the other states that they don't ? Ia this just one of those very american things in the "everybody can sue everybody for anything" vein ?
Why in the world is that even any of his business in his role (decidedly not as a citizen) how other states handle a matter that (as i understand it) is a state matter ?

Also, as a layperson: There is no way this isn't riddled with holes in it, no ? Like, say, states Trump won using similar or at least some of the same adjustments ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 12-08-2020 at 05:01 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 05:06 PM   #647
Ksyrup

They are desperate to get to the Supreme Court because they believe the conservative court owes Trump a win, and one of the matters that the Supreme Court has original jurisdiction over (meaning, you don't have to go to another court before the SC) is suits between states. But this has no chance in hell.
Old 12-08-2020, 05:24 PM   #648
GrantDawg

This thread is must read. It breaks down the affidavit on the Texas case. To say it is bad is an understatement.
Old 12-08-2020, 06:03 PM   #649
Ksyrup

The other interesting thing about this suit by this particular TX AG is that he was recently referred for criminal investigation by a number of his own aides (a couple of which were fired shortly after) for abuse of office and bribery. He's likely attempting to curry favor with Trump and others for possible assistance with those matters. And he's already facing securities fraud charges. Real winner. Law and order and all that...

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-08-2020 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-08-2020, 06:12 PM   #650
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Someone explain to why the fuck the Texan AG would have any insight into the other states that they don't ? Ia this just one of those very american things in the "everybody can sue everybody for anything" vein ?
Why in the world is that even any of his business in his role (decidedly not as a citizen) how other states handle a matter that (as i understand it) is a state matter ?

Also, as a layperson: There is no way this isn't riddled with holes in it, no ? Like, say, states Trump won using similar or at least some of the same adjustments ?

The suit is frivolous.

It’s a game to the MAGA. They are enjoying this. It’s all a show. And Trump promised them a Supreme Court scene near the end of the show. And if there’s one thing the man knows, it’s television. Give the people what they want.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote