Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-16-2008, 06:37 AM   #1
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Dirty Disc Error

I'm seeing a lot of people getting dirty disc errors here, which leads me to believe nobody saw my post about how to avoid them. This is how you do it...

About 3-5 minutes before you're going to play NCAA (or any other EA game), while your 360 is off, turn on the system by hitting the "open tray" button causing the CD tray to eject. Just let it sit there for a few minutes, and just before you actually want to play, take the game out, then put it back on the tray in a slightly different position. I have been doing this for years (somebody at the EA forums mentioned it once) and have never, ever, ever gotten a dirty disc error afterwards. There is something about EA games where if you just fire up your system and the disc is in there it wont read correctly. Give it a try, you'll see that I'm right.

This especially means you HA...3 times in one game against a better team my arse.

kisses

Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:53 AM   #2
Raiders Army
Coordinator

For what it's worth, I did everything to avoid the dirty disc errors and couldn't help but get them in probably 75% of my games the couple weeks before my 360 died (which is why my online disconnect percentage is so high). Now that my 360 is fixed, I haven't had one yet. *knock on wood*
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:52 AM   #3
Galaxy
Coordinator

I haven't had this problem. *knock on wood*.

I know Dex had it once in our game (thankfully, it was just at the opening kickoff, so we didn't invest any time into the game yet).
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:52 PM   #4
Kodos
Resident Alien

I've had two, both in online dynasty games. I'll definitely try this trick, as the DDE sucks.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:01 PM   #5
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

This fix definitely works. I had to do this with all EA games prior to getting my RROD. Since then, I've simply continued doing it because I don't want to risk it, particularly with our on-line dynasty.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:18 PM   #6
Anthony
Banned

i haven't been getting dirty disc errors, suzy.

my game has just froze. pressing buttons don't do anything. i have to actually shut off the console and restart.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:22 PM   #7
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Maybe it's still acting up from that beating I gave you about a month ago.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:04 AM   #8
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I've been doing this and although it definately seems to cut down on the DDE, it still happens sometimes.

How do we want to handle a DDE during a PvP game? Should the other party just play out the game and we take the results as final?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote