Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #101
spleen1015
Coordinator

I think I want the Colts to take RGIII now.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #102
bhlloy
Coordinator

In other "I'm bored and stuff is going on" news Alshon Jeffery weighs in at 216. If he runs an acceptable 40 probably just made himself a lot of money
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #103
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

OTOH, Osweiler's only 6'6 7/8", not 6'8". LIARS.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #104
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I think the only way he doesn't is if the Rams decide that Matt Kahil is a once in a five to ten years tackle prospect (along the lines of a Jake Long). Then there is a chance he might slip to three. I haven't heard anyone say that about him though. But yeah, if I had to guess I'd say RG3 has a 90% to 95% chance of going #2 overall. Of course that is pure speculation on my part.

Oh how I want him to slip to #3 and have Rick Spielman actually make a good decision for once.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #105
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
In other "I'm bored and stuff is going on" news Alshon Jeffery weighs in at 216. If he runs an acceptable 40 probably just made himself a lot of money

Heard from his trainer today he will not run...bcause he is not certain he can break 4.6 which would relegate him to 4th round. WHen is the alst time a supposed "top tier" wr prospect refused to run the 40 at the combine?
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:38 PM   #106
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Heard from his trainer today he will not run...bcause he is not certain he can break 4.6 which would relegate him to 4th round. WHen is the alst time a supposed "top tier" wr prospect refused to run the 40 at the combine?

Blackmon refused as well..says his hammy has a boo boo.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #107
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Oh how I want him to slip to #3 and have Rick Spielman actually make a good decision for once.

Vikings open to trading down, but not too far | StarTribune.com

Vikings open to trading down, but not too far

Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman wants everyone to know he'll seriously consider trading the No. 3 pick, open to moving back if the right deal materializes.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #108
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Old 02-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #109
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

@JoelThorman: Rough Combine for Vontaze Burfict. Bottom of the LB rankings in a number of drills

@TomFornelli: Vontaze Burfict's 40 time would have been much faster if they'd placed someone for him to hit late at the end of the 40.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #110
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Burfict may be better off going to Canada for a couple years and concentrate on cleaning up his act.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #111
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Mostly relevant only to the Seahawks and/or whoever might have been considering him as an FA pickup.

NFL free agent arrested in Atlanta for marijuana *| ajc.com

Quote:
Free agent linebacker Leroy Hill was arrested by police in Atlanta for possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.

According to a statement from Atlanta police on Monday, Hill was arrested early Saturday after officers were called to an Atlanta condominium following a complaint about a marijuana odor.

Officers say they confirmed the smell, obtained a search warrant and found partially smoked blunts and marijuana residue inside.

The Georgia native has spent his entire NFL career with the Seattle Seahawks.

This isn't Hill's first run in with off-field problems. He was arrested in January 2009 on a marijuana-possession charge in Georgia and was given 12 months of probation. He also was arrested on a domestic violence charge in a Seattle suburb in April 2010.

Hill played at Baldwin High in Milledgeville and Clemson.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #112
bhlloy
Coordinator

Burfict proving that some people just are that stupid. Right now I'd be surprised if he even makes a team out of training camp. Just unreal.

Here's 20 million dollars, all you have to do is show up for college for 3 years, not get fat and not get arrested. Can't manage it.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #113
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I did one of these back in January. I enjoy putting them together so I thought I would do a post combine version. I projected top 10 trades only. I think anything more then that would be overkill and probably confusing.

2012 NFL Mock Draft 2.0
1st Round
1.Indianapolis Colts (2-14) – Andrew Luck, QB – Stanford
It looks like the Colts are all but a lock to part ways with Peyton Manning between the March 3rd season ticket deadline and when his $28 million dollar signing bonus due on March 8th. The media clash in January between Manning and Colts owner Jim Irsay as well everything the Colts’ have done suggest Luck and not Manning will be under center next season.

Projected Trade: Washington Redskins trade the 1.06 pick, 2.07 pick, 3.06 pick, and their 2013 1st round pick to the St. Louis Rams for the 1.02 pick.
The Rams have said they are dealing the 2nd overall pick. Throw out the Trade Value Chart out the window because a prospect with RGIII’s buzz is going to go for more than what the chart says the 2nd overall pick is worth. This is one rumor on what the Redskins are willing to give up.

2. Washington Redskins (from St. Louis Rams (2-14))** – Robert Griffin III, QB – Baylor
The Browns have more draft assets but Dan Synder has never shied away from big moves. He also has a head coach in Mike Shanahan who seems to prefer QBs that are best when they’re on the run - John Elway, Jake Plummer, Jay Cutler, and a failed attempt with Donovan McNabb.

3. Minnesota Vikings (3-13) – Matt Kalil, OT – USC
The Vikings thought they had a special tackle when they took Bryant McKinnie with the 7th overall pick back in 2002. However, McKinnie came into camp this past season fat and out of shape. He was subsequently released. If Kalil lives up the hype he could really help improve the pass protection of a line that gave up 49 sacks in 2011.

Projected Trade: Cleveland Browns trade the 1.04 pick to the Kansas City Chiefs for the 1.11 and 2.12 picks.
Even if they don’t get what the trade value chart says the 4th overall pick is worth I think there is a strong possibility the Browns deal this pick for four reasons: 1.) Mike Holmgren doesn’t like investing this high of picks in WRs. 2.) RBs rarely go this high anymore. 3.) The Browns are already strong at CB and DT. 4.) They have a recent history of trading down.

4. Kansas City Chiefs (from Cleveland Browns (4-12)) ** – Dontari Poe, NT/DT - Memphis
Poe was projected as a late 1st to early 2nd round pick less than a week ago. Then he blew of the combine by demonstrating incredible strength and speed for a 350 pounder. He will likely draw strong interest from both 4-3 teams to play DT and 3-4 teams to play NT now especially since Michael Brockers was awful in combine drills while Devon Still fails to provide the upside that Brockers and Poe provide. Chiefs GM Scott Pioli has a history of selecting defensive linemen in the first round. If he wants Poe he’s going to have to trade up for him because he isn’t going to fall to the eleventh overall pick.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-12) – Morris Claiborne, CB - LSU

The Buccaneers gave up a league high 494 points this season. Claiborne could help slow down the Saints, Falcons, and Panthers passing games.

6. St. Louis Rams (from Washington Redskins (5-11) ) **– Riley Reiff, OT - Iowa

Left tackle Roger Safford gave up just 3.5 sacks as a rookie in 2010 but in 2011 he gave up 10.5 sacks in nine games when the Rams moved to a less tackle friendly system. The Rams offensive line as a whole gave up a league high 55 sacks this season. New Rams head coach Jeff Fisher never really had a receiver that was a focal part of his offense while he was with the Titans/Oilers. He did select two receivers in the first round during his 15 years with the Titans/Oilers though.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11) – Justin Blackmon, WR – Oklahoma State
Jacksonville featured the league’s worst passing attack this season managing just 2,179 total passing yards. Blackmon has a good chance of being available here because it usually takes a receiver bigger and taller than Blackmon to go in the top five. In fact, the last receiver 6’2” or shorter that was taken in the top six was the 5’11” Peter Warrick back in 2000.

Projected Trade: Miami Dolphins trade the 1.08 pick to the New York Jets for the 1.16 and 2.15 picks.
The N.Y. Jets have shown a willingness to trade up in the past when they traded up to the 5th overall pick in 2009 to select Mark Sanchez. They were also a serious player in the Nnamdi Asomugha sweepstakes despite already having Darrelle Revis.

8. New York Jets (from (Miami Dolphins (6-10))** - Trent Richardson, RB - Alabama

The Jets averaged just 3.8 yards per carry this season and finished 22nd in total rushing yards. One can’t really say Richardson would fall to 16th as another team with a solid RB already could take Richardson if they think he is a special talent. The Vikings didn’t hesitate to take Adrian Peterson in 2007 despite already having a perfectly adequate back in Chester Taylor.

9. Carolina Panthers (6-10) - Devon Still, DT – Penn State
The Panthers could draft Still whose stock has been on the rise after a strong senior season in hopes of improving a defense that gave up the 6th most points in the league, the 8th most total rushing yards, and 4.6 ypc.

10. Buffalo Bills (6-10) – Quinton Coples, DE/DT – North Carolina
The Bills’ defense tied for the third fewest sacks in the league while also giving up the fifth most rushing yards and ypc. Coples might be able to help a defense in dire need of overhaul against both the run and pass. However, Coples could go later then this since scouts are apparently concerned that Coples took plays off in 2011 and that he also played not to get hurt.

11. Cleveland Browns ((from Kansas City Chiefs (7-9)) ** - Michael Floyd, WR – Notre Dame
The Browns’ defense managed to give up the fifth fewest total points in the league despite playing with an anemic offense that scored the third fewest points in the league. GM Mike Holmgren has to add something on offense this offseason if he wants his offense to have a pulse next season. He could invest a 1st rounder in a receiver. I just don't see it being the 4th overall pick.

12. Seattle Seahawks (7-9) * - Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB – South Carolina

Seahawks coach has spent two out of his three first round picks the past two years on offensive linemen. Carroll may look to improve his other line through the draft this year and try to improve a pass defense that finished 19th in the league in total sacks.

13. Arizona Cardinals (8-8) – Jonathan Martin, OT – Stanford
The Cardinals surrendered 54 sacks this season. Only the St. Louis Rams gave up more sacks. Providing Kobb with better pass protection might help him rebound from a very disappointing 2011 season.

14. Dallas Cowboys (8-8) – Dre Kirkpatrick, CB – Alabama

Prince Amukamara was considered a top 10 prospect in 2011 by many but still fell to the Giants with the 19th pick. Kirkpatrick could be in for a similar fall especially given his positive test for marijuana this offseason. The Cowboys desperately need to upgrade at CB so they could take a chance on Kirkpatrick just as they did with Dez Bryant’s character issues two years ago.

15. Philadelphia Eagles (8-8) – Fletcher Cox, DT – Mississippi State
The Eagles had a shaky linebacker unit this season but the Eagles have never selected a LB in the first round while Andy Reid has been coach and they haven’t selected one in the first two rounds since 2001. The Eagles are no stranger to selecting defensive linemen having selected one with five out of their ten first round picks under Reid.

16. Miami Dolphins (from (N.Y. Jets (8-8)) ** – Ryan Tannehill, QB – Texas A&M
If the Dolphins lose out on the RGIII sweepstakes, they may look to trade back in the 1st draft and draft Tannehill instead. Current offensive coordinator Mike Sherman actually was Tannehill’s head coach in college and could influence the Dolphins to take a chance on Tannehil if they lose out on RGIII

17. Cincinnati Bengals (from Raiders (8-8)) – David DeCastro, G – Stanford
The Bengals run game managed 3.9 yards per carry this past season. DeCastro ran a very slow 40 time even for an offensive lineman but current Bengals' offensive tackles Andrew Whitworth and Andre Smith are slow for linemen.

18. San Diego Chargers (8-8) – Luke Kuechily, ILB – Boston College
2011 Starting ILB Takeo Spikes is 35 years old while the other starter Donald Butler was apparently out of position a lot according to the USA Today team reports. Many mocks have the Chargers selecting an OLB here but Antwan Barnes had 11 sacks in 2011. Their other OLB Shaun Philips had a disappointing season this year but had 11 sacks just a year ago.

19. Chicago Bears (8-8) – Coby Fleener, TE - Stanford
Former Bears OC Mike Martz had no need for a TE in the offense he ran so the Bears traded away Greg Olsen for a 3rd round draft pick last year. The Bears were supposedly interested in trying to sign Jermichael Finley but he resigned with the Packers before he hit the open market. Fleener has been compared to Rob Gronkowski and he could provide Cutler with the big target he’s been missing since he had Brandon Marshall in Denver.

20. Tennessee Titans (9-7) – Michael Brockers, DT - LSU
The Titans finished 31st in sacks and gave up 4.5 ypc this season so a DE or DT would make sense with this pick. Brockers has elite measurables but performed horribly in every single drill at the combine which will likely cause him to fall out of the top ten picks.

21. Cincinnati Bengals (9-7) – Janoris Jenkins, CB – North Alabama
If it were not for his off the field issues, Jenkins would likely be a more sought after prospect. The Bengals, however, need a corner and have never shied away from drafting players with red flags. It’s a match made in heaven.

22. Cleveland Browns (from Falcons (10-6) ) – Zach Brown, OLB – North Carolina[/b]
The Browns finished 30th in the NFL is rushing yards and 4.4 yards per carry. One position they could stand to improve at on defense is outside linebacker. Brown is a bit raw but has elite athleticism.

23. Detroit Lions (10-6) – Nick Perry, DE/OLB - USC
The Lions mantra under GM Martin Mayhew has been to select the best player available. Kyle Vanden Bosch was a starter at defensive end in 2011 for the Lions but turns 34 in November. The Lions could select his eventual replacement in this draft given the depth of talent there appears to be at defensive end this year in the draft.
[b]

24. Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) – Cordy Glenn, G – Alabama
The Steelers gave up 42 sacks which was the 9th most in the league and finished in the middle of the pack in total rushing yards and yards per carry. Consequently, they could select an interior linemen such as Glenn to bolster their offensive attack.

25. Denver Broncos (8-8) – David Wilson, RB – Virginia Tech
Willis McGahee is 30 years old while Knowshon Moreno seemingly fell out of favor with head coach John Fox and then tore his ACL in relief for McGahee. John Fox put a heavy emphasis on the run during his time in Carolina and may look to upgrade the position in Denver by drafting a RB like Wilson.

26. Houston Texans (10-6) – Kendall Wright, WR - Baylor
Neither Kevin Walter nor Jacoby Jones has ever blossomed into an upper end #2 WR despite being #2 and #3 on the depth chart for years. Wright could tumble to the end of the first round or even second round after running a very disappointing time in the 40 at the combine.

27. New England Patriots (from Saints (13-3)) – Courtney Upshaw, OLB/DE - Alabama
Both of New England’s starting OLBs had solid seasons this year. However, neither one was a true force so it is a position the Patriots could potentially target in this year’s draft. Upshaw could potentially play 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB and could be quite the steal at 27th overall. T

28. Green Bay Packers (15-1) – Whitney Mericlus, OLB/DE - Illinois
Teams were able to double team Clay Mathews this season due to the lack of a threat the Packers had at the outside linebacker position opposite of him. Mericlus, who led the NCAA in sacks with 16 this past season could potentially be that threat.

29. Baltimore Ravens (12-4) – Don’ta Hightower, ILB – Alabama
Ray Lewis turns 37 in May so the Ravens can’t expect him to play much longer. If Hightower or Kuechily is available when they are on the clock they will have to seriously consider taking whoever is available.

30. San Francisco 49ers (13-3) – Jerel Worthy, DE/DT – Michigan State
The 49ers are a team that had few weaknesses this season besides WR and possibly QB. It may difficult for San Francisco to find a difference maker at either of those positions with this pick so they could draft the eventual replacement for Justin Smith who turns 33 in September.

31. New England Patriots (13-3) – Mark Barron, S - Alabama
New England’s safeties struggled this season. Barron, who is considered to be the best safety in this class, could fall to the Patriots 31st overall pick.

32. N.Y. Giants (9-7) – Mike Adams, OT – Ohio State
A team doesn’t win the Super Bowl if it has many holes. Giants could stand to upgrade at guard or tackle though. Adams' stock was on the rise until he was only able to complete 19 reps on the bench at the combine. As a result, Adams could find himself back in the 2nd round which is where he was being projected prior to the Senior Bowl.

2nd Round

1. St. Louis Rams – Mohamed Sanu, WR - Rutgers
2. Indianapolis Colts – Andre Branch, OLB/DE – Clemson
3. Minnesota Vikings – Alfonso Denard, CB/S - Nebraska
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Lavonte David, OLB - Nebraska
5. Cleveland Browns – Doug Martin, RB – Boise State
6. Jacksonville Jaguars – Stephon Gilmore, CB – South Carolina
7. St. Louis Rams (from Washington Redskins)** - Lamar Miller, RB – Miami (Fla.)
8. Carolina Panthers - Alshon Jeffery, WR – South Carolina
9. Buffalo Bills –Stephen Hill, WR – Georgia Tech
10. Miami Dolphins - Brandon Washington, G – Miami (Fla.)
11. Seattle Seahawks – Brandon Thompson, DT - Clemson
12. Cleveland Browns (from Kansas City Chiefs) ** – Dwayne Allen, TE - Clemson
13. Dallas Cowboys – Kendall Reyes, DE/DT – Connecticut
14. Philadelphia Eagles – Bobby Wagner, OLB – Utah State
15. Miami Dolphins (from New York Jets) ** – Zebrie Sanders, OT - Florida State
16. New England Patriots (From Oakland Raiders) – Leonard Johnson, CB – Iowa State
17. San Diego Chargers – Harrison Smith, S – Notre Dame
18. Chicago Bears – Peter Konz, C – Wisconsin
19. Philadelphia Eagles (from Arizona Cardinals) – Rueben Randle, WR - LSU
20. Tennessee Titans – Vinny Curry, DE - Marshall
21. Cincinnati Bengals – Nick Toon, WR - Wisconsin
22. Detroit Lions – Kelechi Osemele, G – Iowa State
23. Atlanta Falcons – Ronnell Lewis, OLB - Oklahoma
24. Pittsburgh Steelers – Trumaine Johnson, CB - Montana
25. Denver Broncos – Chase Minnifield, CB - Virginia
26. Houston Texans – George Iloka, S – Boise State
27. New Orleans Saints – Chandler Jones, DE/OLB – Syracuse
28. Green Bay Packers – Chris Polk, RB - Washington
29. Baltimore Ravens – Ben Jones, C - Georgia
30. San Francisco 49ers – Orson Charles, TE - Georgia
31. New England Patriots – Billy Winn, DE – Boise State
32. New York Giants – Sean Spence, OLB – Miami (Fla.)

** - Picks projected to be traded

Last edited by Racer : 02-29-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #114
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I don't think there is any way the Rams pass up Blackmon at 6
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #115
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

The Lions OL is much older than their DL is.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #116
mckerney
Coordinator

Ugh, what a terrible year to be picking third. Why couldn't Ponder have stayed healthy so the Vikings could have lost to the Redskins?
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #117
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:

Blackmon has a good chance of being available here because it usually takes a receiver bigger and taller than Blackmon to go in the top five. In fact, the last receiver 6’2” or shorter that was taken in the top six was the 5’11” Peter Warrick back in 2000.

Good stuff.

Last edited by Dutch : 02-28-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #118
bhlloy
Coordinator

Some good stuff in there. I don't think Perry will go to a traditional 4-3 team like the Lions. He'll either be a rush LB in a 3-4, he'll play for a team that runs a lot of hybrid fronts (New England) or a team that utilizes smaller rushers on every down (Indy, Philly)

I think San Diego is the perfect fit, especially after his combine performance.

Also it's Kalil not Kahil...
Old 02-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #119
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Idle hands ..

Report: 2 women fight over Falcons' Turner *| ajc.com

A woman who told police she is the mother of two children fathered by Falcons running back Michael Turner was involved in a knock-down-drag-out with the player's new girlfriend at his mansion Monday, according to TMZ.The entertainment website, citing a Georgia police report from an unnamed jurisdiction, said mom Rasheeda Walker showed up at Turner's mansion and was confronted by his latest flame, a woman identified as Elizabeth Delacruz.

Walker, who said she’s pregnant with Turner’s third child, told police she wanted to talk to the player about child No. 3 and to ask him why he refused to see her and the kids, according to TMZ.

Instead, Walker said, Delacruz confronted her at the front door, wielding a golf club and reminding Walker, “You at my house now, (expletive-that-rhymes-with-rich),” TMZ reported.

Delacruz disputed Walker's account and told police Walker sneaked into the home through an unlocked door and that is when she confronted the woman.

Both women slugged it out in the mansion's front yard, which is where police found them, both with scratches and minor head wounds, TMZ reported. The entertainment site said Turner was the one who broke up the fight.

Neither woman wanted to press charges, TMZ reported, but Walker was issued a criminal trespass warning and advised to stay away.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 02-28-2012 at 11:24 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:35 PM   #120
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Goddam Racer, that is a thorough mock! Well done. I agree with the Hawks grabbing Ingram. Many insiders are saying they will be at the head of the Mario Williams pack so that may change some things if they land him.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:41 AM   #121
Izulde
Head Coach

Tannehill to the Dolphins would make me

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:31 AM   #122
JPhillips
General Manager

DeCastro and Jenkins would be a great first round for the Bengals. I'd rather they fill the RB in Rd2. They really need a veteran WR for the #2 as I think Shipley is currently the longest tenured WR on the team.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:46 AM   #123
Thomkal
Head Coach

I think you have it right on with my beloved Cards pick-they need OLine help desperately. I think the main reason Kevin Kolb struggled so much and then got injured last season was that he was running for his life so much. Its likely they pick a receiver in the next round as neither of the projected #2 receivers last season showed they could handle the job on a regular basis.

Great job Racer
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #124
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

No way the Bears take a TE in the 1st round, IMO.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #125
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I think you are right on with the Bills, they have been talking about taking Coples.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #126
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Good stuff, Racer. Keep 'em coming!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #127
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Tannehill to the Dolphins would make me

I think it may just be a matter of whether they're willing to outbid the Redskins for the #2 overall pick. From what I've read online, the teams interested in trading up are the Redskins, Rams, Browns, Seahawks, and one mystery team you wouldn't expect. The Browns reportedly are more tentative about trading up then the rest of the teams while the Seahawks may have a difficult time outbidding the Redskins and Dolphins from the 12 spot. Unless the mystery team is Tampa Bay, Minnesota, or Jacksonville you have to figure they're going to have a hard time outbidding the Redskins and Dolphins as well. I could be wrong but I think the RGIII sweepstakes comes down to Washington and Miami. Washington has Dan Snyder though and he may be willing to outbid whatever Miami is willing to bid.

Last edited by Racer : 02-29-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #128
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I think and hope the mystery team is the Eagles.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #129
Kodos
Resident Alien

The Dolphins have said they aren't interested in trading a lot of picks to move up. For whatever that is worth.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...iii-worth.html

Last edited by Kodos : 02-29-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #130
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I read something hilarious about the Dolphins. In the past 7 years or so, they have spent 5 2nd round picks on QBs. Hanne, White, Beck, Culpepper and Feeley.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #131
Kodos
Resident Alien

Replacing Marino has been... problematic.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #132
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
The Dolphins have said they aren't interested in trading a lot of picks to move up. For whatever that is worth.

Miami Dolphins: What’s Robert Griffin III worth? – Miami Dolphins – Sun-Sentinel

in NFL draft talk, that means they will trade away all their picks to move up

Last edited by bulletsponge : 02-29-2012 at 04:01 PM.
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #133
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

This could be a very ugly off season for the Lions. For the first time in ages they actually have some RFA's and UFA's worth trying to keep, but very little cap space to try and keep them with thanks to a few years of drafting in the top 3 (Stafford, Suh and Johnson) before the new CBA kicked in.

It will be a real test for Mayhew and company to not only improve on last year, but to try and maintain the level of success.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #134
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
The Steelers released Hines Ward.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #135
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I can't imagine Ward will stick with anyone else this year. But good for him if he does. He's basically a 4th or 5th WR at this point who can't play special teams. Maybe Zona will give him a shot, as they love Steeler retreads. They were still playing Porter and Haggans last year I think.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #136
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
About a week and a half ago, I got some 'news' that the Chefs were gonna make a push for Peyton. At that time, one of my outs had a prop bet on it and KC was +2000 to be his team on Aug 5th. Decided to mull it over a day and they havent put it back up since, so I missed out.

Peyton hasnt been released yet, and theres no allowed contact from any team other than Indy until that happens. If he ends up there Im gonna be real ass chapped about that 4k that wasnt picked up.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:55 PM   #137
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Drew Brees is apparently not liking what the Saints are offering & would be PISSED if franchised. I'm wondering if he might hit the open market... If he does, does he go back to New Orleans? Or do the Dolphins & Redskins play "high bidder," with Peyton going home to Bourbon Street?
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:02 AM   #138
Izulde
Head Coach

That would throw an interesting wildcard into the equation.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:48 AM   #139
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Fresh off of the heels of the NBA Kings announcing a stadium plan to keep them in Sacramento, the Vikings have announced a new stadium deal to keep them in Minneapolis.

Vikings stadium deal to be announced Thursday | StarTribune.com
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:24 AM   #140
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Drew Brees is apparently not liking what the Saints are offering & would be PISSED if franchised. I'm wondering if he might hit the open market... If he does, does he go back to New Orleans? Or do the Dolphins & Redskins play "high bidder," with Peyton going home to Bourbon Street?

Every player gets pissed when they're franchised. I would think the Saints would risk him being upset and franchise him anyway so they can keep on negotiating, if the alternative is letting him walk.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #141
spleen1015
Coordinator

They can franchise him to make sure he doesn't go FA, then negotiate a contract with him and remove the franchise tag later, right?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:49 AM   #142
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The Saints have a pro-bowl guard, Carl Nicks, who everyone expects they will franchise.

If negotiations with Brees go badly and the team has to use the tag, then it will lose the ability to tag Nicks (and probably lose him to the open market).

So, the Saints have an incentive to get a deal with Brees done before the tag deadline. Of course, Brees knows this, so I am sure that he is using it as leverage.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #143
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

colston's a fa too.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #144
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
The Saints have a pro-bowl guard, Carl Nicks, who everyone expects they will franchise.

If negotiations with Brees go badly and the team has to use the tag, then it will lose the ability to tag Nicks (and probably lose him to the open market).

So, the Saints have an incentive to get a deal with Brees done before the tag deadline. Of course, Brees knows this, so I am sure that he is using it as leverage.

You have to wonder what exactly Brees is asking for? And if the gulf is so large that it's worth losing a Pro Bowl player protecting your back side?
Old 03-01-2012, 08:14 AM   #145
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
The Steelers released Hines Ward.

I know it's time because Ward can't get separation anymore, but it's sad that it came to this. He's been my favorite Steeler player for about 10 years. A real Pro's Pro - a guy who came to play every game, every down and had a blast doing it.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #146
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post
colston's a fa too.

What I hear is that the team wants him back, but will let him hit FA (team does not really have a choice) and hope that no team blows him away with an offer.

Personally, if I were the 49ers, I'd overpay for Colston. That seems like a team that could really take another step offensively with a big possession receiver to help out Alex Smith.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #147
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola:

I think that the Saints will also lose Robert Meachem. Some team will overpay for him based on his size/speed combination. And I think that that team will be making a mistake. Colston is just flat-out talented. Meachem is, IMO, more of a product of the Brees/Payton system. Az Hakim 2.0

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 03-01-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #148
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
You have to wonder what exactly Brees is asking for? And if the gulf is so large that it's worth losing a Pro Bowl player protecting your back side?

It does seem a bit strange. Brady and Manning recently signed extensions, so you would think that the parameters of a deal would already be set. Basically take those two deals, add a bit for inflation, and there you go.

Part of me wonders if the Manning injury has something to do with it. It might not be so much about the annual dollar figure as how it will be structured. Manning and Brees have the same agent. And the Colts are about to cut Manning instead of giving him the $28 million bonus that, at the time he signed the contract, "everyone knew" he would get.

It might be that the Saints are trying to push some of the money into roster bonuses for cap reasons, and Brees is pointing out that he'd just as soon get all the money up front, thank you very much.

And, when the team says, "look, it's a roster bonus. The only way you won't get it is if we cut you in two years, and there is no way we would do that," Brees can simply point to Manning.

Who knows.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #149
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
It does seem a bit strange. Brady and Manning recently signed extensions, so you would think that the parameters of a deal would already be set. Basically take those two deals, add a bit for inflation, and there you go.

Heard one "insider" claim that the Saints were offering Manning/Brady money, and that the two sides were still "far apart" That would indicate Brees was looking for significantly more than an inflation increase over that.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #150
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This Broncos rape trial is pretty gross. D Thomas brings a girl(girlfriend?) over to Perrish Cox's house. She gets drunk and passes out. Cox allegedly rapes her after Thomas bounces. Chick is pregnant and the baby is Cox's. Good character all around.