Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-05-2023, 11:47 AM   #7701
Edward64
Head Coach

Alright, calm down folks. I'll look for it in Netflix or Prime. If not, I'll buy it in the next BF sale.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 08:51 PM   #7702
Edward64
Head Coach

New Aliens movie.

Unfortunately, doesn't seem to be a continuation of Prometheus/Covenant (I still want to find out more about the Engineers and why).

Quote:
Now, per a report from Collider, an official release date has finally dropped for the film. Currently under the working title Alien: Romulus, the latest deep space horror flick will crawl into theaters August 16, 2024.

Alien: Romulus is set to be a standalone reboot of the franchise, taking from the creative roots that made the initial films so successful and reworking it into something entirely new.
:
The upcoming reboot film promises a fresh introduction back into the universe of Alien, with an entirely new cast and what will be a completely different story, which we anxiously don't know yet.
And there'll be a TV series which is great.

Quote:
On top of that, an Alien TV series for FX is also in the works, though it will be creatively separate from Alvarez's film project.
Old 06-26-2023, 04:49 PM   #7703
Edward64
Head Coach

Super Mario Bros - 7.5/10

Watched it with the wife and we both enjoyed it. Fun movie, brought back fun memories. However, it was 10-12 years too late as it would have been much better watching it our younger kids (during the Mario Kart heydays).

Not a big deal to me but was noticeable. In this day and age where there's diversity everywhere, there should have been more "color/diversity" in the cast (and voice actors). I know it wouldn't be true to the Mario games but you'd think they had some leeway to change/adapt it up some.
Old 06-27-2023, 02:13 PM   #7704
Edward64
Head Coach

Watching a trailer for Meg 2

Looks like a fun movie. Hope it’s not one where the trailer is substantially better than the movie
Old 06-27-2023, 03:54 PM   #7705
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I enjoyed the Meg. Underrated.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 04:03 PM   #7706
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
The upcoming reboot film promises a fresh introduction back into the universe of Alien, with an entirely new cast and what will be a completely different story,

BULL SHIT!
it's an alien movie. nothing new about. and reboot it is the worst thing they could do. I thought covenent was a reboot

the engineers were indeed creepy and interesting. prometheus got a bit TOO gory/torturey for my taste
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 04:04 PM   #7707
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I enjoyed the Meg. Underrated.

really? giant shark movie was good? interesting
Old 06-27-2023, 10:16 PM   #7708
Edward64
Head Coach

Here's the Meg 2 trailer. Start at about 2:20.

Bonus with Barracuda!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG91B3hHyY4
Old 06-27-2023, 10:17 PM   #7709
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
really? giant shark movie was good? interesting

I watched it on a plane so I was a captive audience
Old 06-28-2023, 11:03 PM   #7710
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I fucking love Green Book.

4 stars out of 4
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 11:09 PM   #7711
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I watched it on a plane so I was a captive audience

motherfucking shark on a motherfucking plane?
Old 07-01-2023, 07:22 PM   #7712
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Watched Dungeons and Dragons. Never played the game but we all really liked the movie. Really funny with good action scenes mixed in. Hope they make it a franchise.

Had a very Guardians of the Galaxy feel to it.
Old 07-01-2023, 09:21 PM   #7713
Edward64
Head Coach

Quantumania - 6.5/10

Not one for my BluRay collection. The storyline was too preposterous (even for a Marvel movie). Special effects & sets were great though.

It's one of those movies where I felt the special effects was trying to drive the movie instead of script & actors.
Old 07-02-2023, 09:50 PM   #7714
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Indian Jones and the Dial of Destiny 8/10

Certain franchises are always going to be fun and I will rarely pick them apart and this is one. It was a really fun ride full of action and nostalgia. Worth seeing on the big screen
Old 07-10-2023, 11:48 PM   #7715
PilotMan
Head Coach

Indiana Jones Dial of Destiny. 7/10

Very good. On part with Raiders. Def a solid movie in the franchise. Felt like it fit nicely. About 20 minutes too long.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 07-13-2023 at 06:15 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 03:41 PM   #7716
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I don't know where to put this, but this Actors/Writers combined strike is going to get ugly. It is like the first real battle of the war on AI. The actor's guild said that part of the agreement the studio's offered was that actors would be paid a single day rate to scan in their likeness, then the studio could use the likeness in any way they want without permission or any other compensation. That is scary/crazy.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 04:08 PM   #7717
MJ4H
Coordinator

Jerry and Marge Go Large

Bryan Cranston stars in a mostly predictable story about discovering that a local lottery is beatable. Cookie cutter characters and no real high stakes conflict lead to a pretty boring movie, made slightly watchable by Bryan Cranston's performance, even though it is nowhere near his best.

4/10

Last edited by MJ4H : 07-13-2023 at 04:09 PM.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 06:18 PM   #7718
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I don't know where to put this, but this Actors/Writers combined strike is going to get ugly. It is like the first real battle of the war on AI. The actor's guild said that part of the agreement the studio's offered was that actors would be paid a single day rate to scan in their likeness, then the studio could use the likeness in any way they want without permission or any other compensation. That is scary/crazy.

Wow. I can see AI going in all sort of bad directions. First is using likenesses, voices. Then it's going to be the holding onto super popular likenesses and actors and killing the market for new actors. So many pitfalls in all of this.

Like Steam?

Old 07-21-2023, 11:21 AM   #7719
korme
Go Reds

Doing a M:I marathon before I see the new one.

The original still holds up pretty well. It's a great stealth action movie - only the train scene near the end is where there is some noticeably shitty CGI. Otherwise, a lot of great, contained stunts.

Just finished M:I 2. Holy hell, what an abomination. John Woo very nearly murdered this franchise. Movie so bad I almost walked out of my own house.
korme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 11:54 AM   #7720
Kodos
Resident Alien

M:I 2 was the one where they are in effect dueling on motorcycles, right?

Last edited by Kodos : 07-21-2023 at 12:10 PM.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 12:08 PM   #7721
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

MI:2 is the one where they got Brendan Gleason in the movie but made Dougray Scott the big bad.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 07:52 AM   #7722
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I keep seeing a commercial for an animated movie called Migration which appears to be a re-hash of Finding Nemo with ducks. This is why I don't watch movies. Thank God my kids are old.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 07:57 AM   #7723
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I just watched Auntie Mame. Rosalind Russell has always been a favorite of mine. So elegant. But this movie....has no plot hahahaha
Old 07-23-2023, 09:04 AM   #7724
Galaril
Pro Starter

Oppenheimer imax. My wife and I agree it is in the top 3-5 movies we have ever seen. Epic. Music score, story narrative and acting were off the charts.

Last edited by Galaril : 07-23-2023 at 12:51 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 12:02 PM   #7725
PilotMan
Head Coach

Why are there no reviews for Barbie yet? WHY?!

Like Steam?

Old 07-24-2023, 11:15 AM   #7726
korme
Go Reds

Barbie was pretty awesome.
Old 07-24-2023, 06:37 PM   #7727
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I didn't like Barbie at all. It had so many elements that I enjoy in a movie....it was clever at points, the sets were so well done, the acting was really good, it was a fun bright summer movie, had a positive (mostly) message...but the comedy didn't hit for me at all (except for 1 early scene where i legit laughed out loud) and I was bored to tears by the story. It tried to be so many things at once and never connected with me. Obviously I'm in a small minority here, the reviews are great and everyone loves it.

Granted I am not the target audience and the rest of my family loved it.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 01:09 AM   #7728
21C
College Prospect

I've been on a run of old movies lately. I love some of the movie musicals from the 1950s and 60s.

I did not remember the saturation shenanigans that South Pacific used for many of their songs. I thought my TV was crapping out on me until I read about it online. Yikes, it was horrible but I enjoyed most of the songs otherwise.

I started to watch the beginning of The Maltese Falcon yesterday before I couldn't bear the speeding up of the movie. It seemed to be running normally but was just a bit off with its speed. Intro shots seemed to whiz by and then cigarette smoke wafted unnaturally. I remember reading about some TV stations doing this a while ago to make them finish quicker. I have a decent DVR that allows me to play recordings at 0.75 and 0.5 speed with audio. The 0.75 speed played a little better but 0.5 was too slow which made me think that 0.67 would have been perfect (which made sense if the movie was running at 1.5 speed).

Really enjoyed - The Court Jester. Love me some Danny Kaye.
OK - How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. Wasn't very memorable apart from "Brotherhood of Man" which I can't get out of my head.
Hard to watch - Funny Lady.
Old 08-07-2023, 02:54 PM   #7729
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I watched Midsommar and didn't get it. I held off cause I don't really do horror movies, but I just found it dumb. It's was pretty and Florence Pugh is attractive, but it's a 2 hour long movie about how having crazy people kill your dick of a boyfriend hours after he got raped will help you get over a murder-suicide.
Old 08-14-2023, 07:55 PM   #7730
Edward64
Head Coach

Re-watching the Hunger Games (finished 3 of 4) in anticipation of the 5th movie coming out.

It was much better watching it with the kids. Because now I'm thinking the special effects and acting were awful. Jennifer Lawrence has gotten better but back then, yuck.
Old 08-16-2023, 06:58 AM   #7731
GrantDawg

This just seems like a really bad idea.
Old 08-16-2023, 06:06 PM   #7732
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
This just seems like a really bad idea.

If the kids are okay with it, we should be okay with it

Leonard Bernstein's family defends Bradley Cooper's portrayal | CNN
Quote:
Bernstein’s three children Jamie, Alexander and Nina took to Instagram to share a statement about the backlash Cooper has faced since the release of the trailer on Wednesday.

“Bradley Cooper included the three of us along every step of his amazing journey as he made his film about our father,” their statement reads. “We were touched to the core to witness the depth of his commitment, his loving embrace of our father’s music, and the sheer open-hearted joy he brought to his exploration. It breaks our hearts to see any misrepresentations or misunderstandings of his efforts.”
Quote:
They also directly addressed criticism about Cooper’s physical appearance as their father.

“It happens to be true that Leonard Bernstein had a nice, big nose. Bradley chose to use makeup to amplify his resemblance, and we’re perfectly fine with that,” the statement continues. “We’re also certain that our dad would have been fine with it as well.
And a strike against cancel culture.

Quote:
Any strident complaints around this issue strike us above all as disingenuous attempts to bring a successful person down a notch — a practice we observed all too often perpetrated on our own father.”

... but yeah, I do wonder. If your pic is accurate and not just angles, doesn't quite seem right.

Last edited by Edward64 : 08-16-2023 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-16-2023, 07:12 PM   #7733
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If the kids are okay with it, we should be okay with it

I lean in that direction ... but there's a part of me that wonders how much they got paid & how much that influences their position. I'm a cynic, what can I tell ya?

(this movie got the rights to Bernstein's music rather than a competing project)
Old 08-18-2023, 02:23 AM   #7734
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Barbie was pretty awesome.

For a split second it felt like 2006 again when I read this post.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 02:26 AM   #7735
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
I fucking love Green Book.

4 stars out of 4

Yup
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 07:01 PM   #7736
Edward64
Head Coach

Pope's Exorcist - 6.5/10

Entertaining movie for an evening but not enough for me to add to the Blu-Ray collection. Enjoyed Russell Crowe as he ages, think this was a good role for him and he did a pretty good job.

But there were just a couple big unbelievable stuff (beyond the possession) that distracted from the movie. I was a tad disappointed that it wasn't more scary.
Old 08-22-2023, 03:55 PM   #7737
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
For a split second it felt like 2006 again when I read this post.

Nice try hot shot, I stopped playing with Barbies in 2016.
Old 09-09-2023, 08:55 PM   #7738
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse - 9.8/10

I rented this tonight on Amazon Prime. It's the best Marvel movie I've seen since End Game, the best movie I've seen in 2023, and one of the top two movies I've seen post the start of the pandemic.

I definitely liked it more then the first Miles Morales & Spider-Gwen movie.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 08:26 PM   #7739
Edward64
Head Coach

The Flash - 7.5/10

I don't like Ezra as a person but give credit where it's due, IMO he's a pretty good actor.

The movie surprised me, I find myself liking it (a lot more than Quantumania). Great special effects, lots of action, and I chuckled a fair bit at the humor.

It was fantastic to see Michael Keaton again, wrinkles and all. Loved "superman" and the obligatory Gal Gadot cameo.
Old 09-14-2023, 08:45 PM   #7740
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

they're, not he's
Old 10-11-2023, 08:09 PM   #7741
Edward64
Head Coach

Meg 2 - 7.5/10

Fun, action packed movies with darn good special effects.

Well worth the $6 if you like mindless entertainment.
Old 10-13-2023, 06:56 PM   #7742
GrantDawg

Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping: 8.5/10

People slept on this movie. Hilarious.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2023, 08:55 PM   #7743
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

I love this movie. Super fun.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 09:02 AM   #7744
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I’ve listened to the soundtrack a bunch but never actually watched it. I’m sure I’d enjoy it. I liked their movie Hot Rod even though it’s reviewed poorly.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 10:16 PM   #7745
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Ethan Hunt is not a good special agent. He literally gives up the macguffin in every single movie and way overvalues his friends over the mission. And while some might see that as him being not afraid of embracing his humanity, it also makes him bad at what he does.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 07:58 AM   #7746
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Apparently the next Shrek movie release timeline was leaked by an intern who put it on her resume on LinkedIn as a project she worked on and gave a release date of 2025.

Woops!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 11-09-2023 at 07:58 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 09:58 AM   #7747
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I’ve listened to the soundtrack a bunch but never actually watched it. I’m sure I’d enjoy it. I liked their movie Hot Rod even though it’s reviewed poorly.

Hot Rod is a straight up classic!

Like Steam?

Old 11-11-2023, 01:59 PM   #7748
korme
Go Reds

THE KILLER might not make it into my Fincher Mt Rushmore but knocks on the door. Is this what happens when you obsess over The Smiths?

PAPER MOON (1973) - Man, I think I love this movie. One of those that escaped me until now. There's some hokey stuff going on, but it's just a charming, sweet movie. Ryan O'Neal is Ryan Reynolds' doppelganger, I had no idea.
'

Last edited by korme : 11-11-2023 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-12-2023, 06:46 PM   #7749
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Flew the west coast and had a chance to catch up on some movies.

The Mummy - 7/10. I knew going in that it got really poor reviews on RT but hey, it was free. I found the first half to be really entertaining. The third quarter with Dr. Hyde and group a little off base, and the last quarter rushed/too easy.

But overall, I would buy it on blu-ray during a sale (yeah, stick it you physical media haters!) and watch it every now and then. I do enjoy Tom Cruise movies.

Re-watched The Mummy on Netflix. I'm upping to 7.5/10 because it's stood the test of time.

Not Oscar worthy but entertaining enough.
Old 11-13-2023, 08:56 AM   #7750
GrantDawg

I haven't watched "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" and I probably should, but I am all in on this one. All the original surviving cast! I'm such a sucker for nostalgia moves.