Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-07-2014, 06:23 PM   #1
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

NCAA 14 - The Ladder and Sliders

I have hesitated aa few times making this post but I feel like I have to in order to get us talking.

Something has to give on the Sliders before we transition The Ladder. The current slider set being used in the pyramid is unplayable for any degree of fun for me and I suspect others.

I detailed my last game which was a 6OT score fest where the only way I stopped a much sub par team was a late INT.

I have actually stopped this weeks gamee mid 1st quarter to make this post.

At this point the other QB is 14-16, his only 2 incompletes are a throw away and a sack where it did the pass/fumble animation. Bad enough until I add that I am running a Dime Defense and "expecting pass" every play and blitzing no one. My CBs are rated much higher than their WRs...when we hold them to 3rd down Ive watched now 3 first downs where I keep the ball in front of me and they bulldozer 2,3 or 4 tacklers to pick up just enough...

I have always got a ton of enjoyment out of this league but it has reached the point where I am not sure if I want to continue. The slow pace is fun for the casual nature and friendly comraderie...but with this style of game play...it's ...not good to me.

Sorry for the rant but I will ask that we put some serious thought into this and get some league wide feedback. If I am alone on an island, I am content to walk away and just agree that I am the oddball.

CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #2
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I've always been iffy with sliders - the whole point is to adjust gameplay to the correct challenge for an individual, but that doesn't work with a group.

I liked 2013 in that we didn't have to do many sliders at all. I think we ended up with a very mild tweak to blocking and that was it.

I know there was talk of using EF27's "realistic" sliders, and I hope they are realistic. I'm not really a joystick jockey, I want the AI to do the right things away from me. I want to beat up on team's worse than me, I want teams better than me to beat up on me, and I felt like we had that point in 2013. I'd like to be at the same point on 2014.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:48 PM   #3
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm up for switching and giving EF27's "realistic" sliders a chance. Last time people were unhappy that I switched sliders midseason, so I was going to wait until next season.

Basically, I am not good at coming up with sliders. EF27's are fine, or if there is a set out there that people like, please speak up. I will go along with whatever option is most popular.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:40 PM   #4
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Lets give EF27's a go. I am about to start a dynasty to test em out on my end.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote