Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #151
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Things weren't looking good for us against Mizzou early on. Their QB was on fire both running and throwing the ball, and they jumped out to a 14-0 lead. But my putrid defense got a good hit on him, and he's out for 6 weeks. His backup wasn't bad, but we were able to get enough stops to get back in the game, and my QB went insane, and we pulled away to get the 58-31 win.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #152
chesapeake
College Starter

I squeaked out a win against Louisville with the stands full of recruiting targets. I don't know that I will get another win this season, but that was the one I needed the most.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #153
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow Week 10 - Deadline 2/9 (Sat) at 11 p.m. EST

Advancing us now. Will post schedule later.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #154
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Got a solid win over SMU. We got up by 28 and coasted from that point. They got within 14 a couple of times, but never threatened to make it closer.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #155
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our offense was off for the 2nd week in a row, but a kickoff return for a TD and a few big defensive plays gave us a 35-21 win over Colorado.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #156
chesapeake
College Starter

I was the victim of the hail mary TD pass to end the 1st half and found myself still down by 2 TDs in the 4th q, but I managed to score 3 TDs to squeak out a lucky win against Tennessee on the road. I need one more win to become bowl eligible, but that seems unlikely given that my last 3 games are against the best teams in my half of the ACC.

I'm recruiting failrly well based on the good pitches I was able to accumulate against the easier AI in past seasons. I usually prefer to redshirt all my freshmen, but I'll have 7-10 recruits who will be numerically good enough to start for me next season. I may just have to bite the bullet and throw them in there.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #157
Kodos
Resident Alien

Indiana beat Toledo 23-20 on a last-second field goal as time expired. We had a lot of trouble stopping their spread offense.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #158
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
USC loses to Florida 42-28 as their HB has over 200 yards and 3 TD's.

16 carries, 244 yards, 4 TDs against us. We got down early, thanks to a 3-and-out, then a fumble after a completed pass to give them a short field. We didn't let Florida get too far ahead though, as we kept hitting passes. Their speed meant that when we did complete a long pass, we couldn't take it all the way, they usually caught us. But we did keep the ball moving through the air and with timely draw plays. We came up just short though, 49-47, as they kept breaking runs and we could not stop them from running out the clock.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:24 AM   #159
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Gah, we had chances to seize momentum early, but turned it over instead. Eventually ULL got going and our defense wore down.

We did manage to reel in a 6'7" WR and a gem QB who will likely be a 4 year starter for us. Big week coming up with tons of visits lined up. Could be a big boost to our class if we find a way to win.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #160
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Defensive battle against CMU. We ended up winning 20-0.

I was unable to take advantage of several turnovers.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #161
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

If I am the only one holding the show up..I should be home by 10est tonight and will get updated immediately.

Sorry.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #162
Kodos
Resident Alien

No problem. I've been outside shoveling all day.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #163
Kodos
Resident Alien

Going to give cmdodgers another few hours, then will advance if I don't hear from him.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #164
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow Week 11 - Deadline 2/17 (Sun) at 11 p.m. EST

We're on to the next week. Buffalo is looking to go over .500 with a victory over Temple, while Rice tries to break into the Top 25 with a win over #19 Texas Tech.

Fresno State (6-3) at #6 USC (8-1)
#12 Maryland (7-1) at Middle Tennessee State (3-5)
Virginia (5-5) at #17 South Florida (7-2)
#19 Texas Tech (7-3) at Rice (7-2)
Indiana (7-2) at Northern Illinois (4-5)
Virginia Tech (5-4) at Duke (5-4)
Temple (6-2) at Buffalo (4-4)
FCS team at UTSA (4-5)
Western Kentucky (6-2) at Florida Atlantic (2-7)

Last edited by Kodos : 02-11-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #165
cartman
Death Herald

Just as a heads up, I'm likely not going to be able to get my game done until Sunday evening. I'm heading out of town in an hour or so and won't be back until Sunday evening. I'll bring my game with me in case I make it to an Xbox and can get my game done.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #166
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
We're on to the next week. Buffalo is looking to go over .500 with a victory over Temple

Not to mention the lead of the conference...
Old 02-11-2013, 12:05 PM   #167
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Just as a heads up, I'm likely not going to be able to get my game done until Sunday evening. I'm heading out of town in an hour or so and won't be back until Sunday evening. I'll bring my game with me in case I make it to an Xbox and can get my game done.

No problem. We'll push back the deadline to Sunday night.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #168
chesapeake
College Starter

7 more dropped passes and 2 dropped TDs (plus a dropped 2-pt conversion)meant another disappointing loss, this time 21-9 at home to VA Tech. A bowl game appears out of our grasp this season.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #169
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Lost in a shootout with Temple. In the end I couldn't tackle his RB to save me or stop one of his WR's.

We took the lead with 30 secs left in the game and he scored with 15 secs left in the game.

I think the final score was 45-42.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #170
gstelmack
Pro Starter

We played a nice first half, generating some turnovers and moving the ball well, and jumped out to a 21-0 lead early. They scored just before the half, and then in the second half the switch flipped and we couldn't tackle and my QB could not hit the broad side of a barn. Luckily we were running the ball well and playing good pass defense, and we snuck away with a 21-17 win over Virginia.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #171
Kodos
Resident Alien

We choked away a 17-0 first-half lead, but held off NIU enough to manage a 24-17 win.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #172
Kodos
Resident Alien

Unhappy

Something bad seems to have happened. We appear to have advanced, but I didn't advance us. At least, I didn't advance us on purpose. I did advance my solo OD league yesterday, and it is on the week I would expect it to be on, so I don't think I advanced the wrong league. But I guess it is possible that's what happened.

My apologies to guys who hadn't played yet, especially if your team lost. I know Rice lost. Not sure who else hadn't played yet. I feel really bad about this, especially since Rice's game was for the division lead. It's not much consolation, but if Rice finishes a game behind Texas Tech, I'm going to move Rice up the Ladder, not Texas Tech. It looks like USC got screwed here too. Fuck. At least they have a chance to get back into 1st with a head-to-head against UCLA.

If anyone has an idea for how to fix things, I am open to suggestions. Maybe we can have a stud player come in for one week to play as SMU against Texas Tech?

Also, anyone else who didn't get to play their game, please speak up. I am open to ideas for trying to fix things. I feel really bad, especially if this wasn't some glitch by EA. Like I said, I don't think I advanced the wrong league, but I have to concede that it is possible that's what happened.

I don't see anything that really fixes things for USC, unfortunately.

Last edited by Kodos : 02-16-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #173
Kodos
Resident Alien

Another idea is that I could edit all of Texas Tech's QBs to suck so that they lose in the sim. Although I don't know if my edits would take place for the current week.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #174
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thinking about it more, it seems like it had to be a fuckup on my part. Nothing else makes sense. I'm sorry guys.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #175
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I think the web bits are still in a beta state. I do know that since you've been using the web to advance more this time around, all "X signed with your team" notifications show every sim someone signs, rather than just the guys that signed this sim. I've also had two recruiting calls wasted because the web showed me blank info for the recruiting pitches, and I had to quit the web page.

I'll be going back to recruiting in-game. Less convenient, but more stable.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #176
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Stuff happens. No worries.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #177
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Stuff happens. No worries.

Thanks, EF27. Very annoyed with myself.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #178
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks, EF27. Very annoyed with myself.

Don't be. I'm not annoyed at all. I know it was an accident. Looking forward to kicking the butt of the little Gutties (our nickname for the Bruins.)
Old 02-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #179
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Signed a 79-rated MLB, and have the inside track on an 82-rated SS and a 77-rated SS. I've made over my LB and Safety core, should be good for the next 4 years there. CB will be an issue, D-Line should be okay.

I really need to pick up this 79-rated Guard to shore up my O-Line, that remains a weakness.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #180
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Beat up by Auburn. 14-14 at the half, but we could not slow their offense in the second half. They were able to run up their score late when we would get a TD, onside kick, they'd run all over us into the end zone, we'd score again, onside kick, repeat 3 times I think. Their RB put up 294 yards on the ground and caught 51 yards worth. Ugh.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #181
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

God, I can't wait to get some defensive players in here. Offensive players too, but I feel like QB has been our biggest problem in that area. Lucky for us we're getting some commitments from pretty decent players.

FUCK EA
Old 02-21-2013, 06:24 AM   #182
MacroGuru
Coordinator

yeah, we laid the wood to a poor UMASS team. They have a great stadium, but their QB threw 2 TDs to us.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #183
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Something bad seems to have happened. We appear to have advanced, but I didn't advance us. At least, I didn't advance us on purpose. I did advance my solo OD league yesterday, and it is on the week I would expect it to be on, so I don't think I advanced the wrong league. But I guess it is possible that's what happened.

My apologies to guys who hadn't played yet, especially if your team lost. I know Rice lost. Not sure who else hadn't played yet. I feel really bad about this, especially since Rice's game was for the division lead. It's not much consolation, but if Rice finishes a game behind Texas Tech, I'm going to move Rice up the Ladder, not Texas Tech. It looks like USC got screwed here too. Fuck. At least they have a chance to get back into 1st with a head-to-head against UCLA.

If anyone has an idea for how to fix things, I am open to suggestions. Maybe we can have a stud player come in for one week to play as SMU against Texas Tech?

Also, anyone else who didn't get to play their game, please speak up. I am open to ideas for trying to fix things. I feel really bad, especially if this wasn't some glitch by EA. Like I said, I don't think I advanced the wrong league, but I have to concede that it is possible that's what happened.

I don't see anything that really fixes things for USC, unfortunately.

In the interest of full disclosure, I went ahead and edited some players ratings in order to facilitate a Texas Tech loss (Rice lost to Texas Tech due to my mistake) in their next game. Did the same to try to get a Fresno State loss (USC lost to FS). Hopefully those teams will cooperate and lose, then I will re-edit them back to their former ratings. I just didn't feel right making cartman and EF27 miss shots at their conference championship game because of my blunder.

Last edited by Kodos : 02-21-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #184
Kodos
Resident Alien

Also, cartman is on a business trip, so we will likely need to push the deadline back to next Wednesday or so.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #185
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC and Arizona had a mostly boring game until the final 2 minutes when it became a classic. We lost our speedy leading WR on the 1st play of the game when he got decked going across the middle on a short slant. That shut down our offense most of the game as we became one dimensional with a short passing game and a run game that couldn't truly get going. We were down 6-3 with the ball on their 3 with 10 seconds left in the half. Our QB tried to scramble for a TD and got hit and lost it on their 1. We sent the house to try to get a safety and instead gave up a 99 yard TD run to go down 13-3 at the half.

We slowly crawled back into the game and tied it at 13 midway through the 4th, but our offense turned it over at midfield with under a minute to go. We watched helplessly as they got inside the 20 and then ate up clock. They kicked a FG with 7 seconds left that we thought would seal the game.

However, improbably, their CB slipped up and one of our WR's got wide open for a 75 bomb to end the game. We won 20-16.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #186
Kodos
Resident Alien

Wow. You must have been stoked!
Old 02-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #187
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wow. You must have been stoked!

I was. I couldn't believe my possession receiver got so far wide open, but he was the only open target. Scary thing is he almost got caught from behind by their safety. 5 yards more and it wouldn't have been a TD.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #188
Kodos
Resident Alien

Deadline is probably Wednesday or Thursday, depending on when cartman can get his game in. I plan to get mine in tomorrow night.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #189
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm going to get my game in tonight. How are things looking for you, cartman?
Old 02-28-2013, 11:20 PM   #190
Kodos
Resident Alien

We had a ton of trouble slowing down Kent State's RB, and trailed almost all of the game. We were able to tie things up with under 30 seconds left in the game, and then won in OT when we scored a TD and kept them out of the endzone.

Looks like Texas Tech lost. Didn't see a score for the other games of interest.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #191
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow Week 14 - Deadline 3/8 (Fri) at 11 p.m. EST

We are on to Week 14. Will post the schedule later.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #192
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm glad that season is over. Driving for the game winner against Tex State, QB fumbles again leading to another huge point swing which seemed to be the order of things for us this season. Next season is already looking better, we have a true freshman QB coming in who should make a major difference in our offense, and hopefully we can lock down these remaining guys on our target list soon. The current QB might find himself at RB next year if we don't sign anyone who can play.

FUCK EA
Old 03-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #193
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Pulled off a nail biter against Miamo (OH) and won by. My saving grace that switched the momentum was a kick return for a TD. My defense played well and we managed a couple of INTs while our QB only threw one. We did have to attack deep at the end to get ahead.

Recruiting any kind of center is beginning to become a pain in the ass.

Oh, and unless Temple loses, I am stuck in the MAC.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 03-04-2013 at 09:31 AM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #194
gstelmack
Pro Starter

What a horrible game against UNC. My QB fumbles when he dives instead of slides on a scramble, I was way off my pass timing, it was raining, just ugh. I did get two awesome picks where we tipped a pass and a lineman rushing through the middle picked it off, those were fun. But just ugh. Can't wait for all these recruits next year though, we should have a much better all-around team.

As a side discussion, is there any influence we have over the weather? This is the same issue FOF has: there just aren't THAT many games with bad weather in real life. I'm tired of playing 1/2 - 2/3 of my games in the rain just because most of my games are played in the south, and like FOF NCAA assumes that if it rains at some point during a day, it must be raining at game time, so way too many games have rain.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #195
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

UCLA hung with us most of the game, but a pick 6 by their QB late in the 3rd gave us a comfortable lead and our offense kept producing all game long in order to get a 45-34 win.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #196
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post

As a side discussion, is there any influence we have over the weather? This is the same issue FOF has: there just aren't THAT many games with bad weather in real life. I'm tired of playing 1/2 - 2/3 of my games in the rain just because most of my games are played in the south, and like FOF NCAA assumes that if it rains at some point during a day, it must be raining at game time, so way too many games have rain.

Unfortunately, I don't know of anything we can do about that.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #197
Kodos
Resident Alien

Was going to play today (had the day off), but we lost our power at 7 a.m. So the deadline is going to be extended until probably tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #198
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

That would be awesome......I'm aurally trying to rearrange to get home earlier just to finish by 11...if I could have until tomorrow am that would be AWESOME!!!!!
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #199
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow Week 15 - Deadline 3/14 (Thu) at 11 p.m. EST

Only three human games in week 15, as the regular season winds down.

#12 Maryland (9-2) at Troy (7-4)
Buffalo (6-5) at Bowling Green (6-5)
Middle Tennessee State (4-7) at Florida Atlantic (2-9)
Old 03-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #200
Kodos
Resident Alien

=============== #7 USC Trojans (10-2) ===============
Last week, USC won 45-34 against UCLA (10-2).
This week, the Trojans are idle.
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) ROLB Michael Washington has committed to USC
- (***) HB Garrett Cox has committed to USC

=============== #12 Maryland Terrapins (9-2) ===============
Last week, Maryland won 35-7 against Western Kentucky (7-4).
This week, the Terrapins travel to Troy to face the Troy Trojans (7-4).
In recruiting news, the following Maryland targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) QB Jermaine Harris has committed to Maryland

=============== #16 Indiana Hoosiers (10-2) ===============
Last week, Indiana won 35-3 against Ball State (1-10).
This week, the Hoosiers are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Indiana targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) LT Rich Bracken has committed to Indiana
- (**) HB Mark Robinson has committed to Virginia

=============== South Florida Bulls (8-4) ===============
Last week, South Florida lost 43-28 against North Carolina (9-3).
This week, the Bulls are idle.
In recruiting news, the following South Florida targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) TE Tyrone Huff has committed to South Florida

=============== Rice Owls (7-5) ===============
Last week, Rice lost 62-59 against Iowa State (6-6).
This week, the Owls are idle.

=============== Buffalo Bulls (6-5) ===============
Last week, Buffalo won 37-33 against Miami University (5-6).
This week, the Bulls travel to Bowling Green to face the Bowling Green Falcons (6-5).

=============== Duke Blue Devils (5-7) ===============
Last week, Duke lost 38-35 against NC State (11-1).
This week, the Blue Devils are idle.

=============== UTSA Roadrunners (5-7) ===============
Last week, UTSA lost 26-14 against Texas State (3-9).
This week, the Roadrunners are idle.
In recruiting news, the following UTSA targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Jason Davis has committed to UTSA

=============== Florida Atlantic Owls (2-9) ===============
Last week the Owls were idle.
This week, the Owls will host Mid Tenn State (4-7).
In recruiting news, the following Florida Atlantic targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Anthony Downing has committed to Florida Atlantic
- (***) RG Ulysses Graham has committed to Florida Atlantic

Last edited by Kodos : 03-09-2013 at 03:06 PM.