Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Should we adopt Gramm's sliders (shown below)?
Yes 2 33.33%
No 3 50.00%
I want to see results without voting 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2014, 10:03 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

The Pyramid - Sliders - Part II

I'm in favor of giving these a try. How do you guys feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
My preference is to use sliders. The game is pretty easy at default.

Here is a decent set that I have been using. It splits the offense / defense on AA / Heisman. Give it a try and see what you think.

Difficulty/Clock Settings
Offensive Skill: All-American
Defensive Skill: Heisman
Quarter Length: 7 or 8 Minutes (I have used both).
Game Speed: Normal
Speed Threshold: 25

Penalties
Offsides: 58
False Start: 55
Holding: 58
Facemask: 58
Offensive Pass Interference: 80
Defensive Pass Interference: 80
Clipping: 55
Intentional Grounding: 100
Roughing the Passer: 54
Roughing the Kicker: 100

House Rules (User/CPU)
QB Accuracy: 10/25
Pass Blocking: 30/30
WR Catching: 40/40
RB Ability: 50/45
Run Blocking: 50/50
Pass Coverage: 70/60
Interceptions: 70/60
Rush Defense: 50/60
Tackling: 60/50
FG Power: 25/45
FG Accuracy: 35/40
Punt Power: 35/55
Punt Accuracy: 45/50
Kickoff Power: 40/50

Last edited by Kodos : 02-12-2014 at 10:05 PM.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:44 PM   #2
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Proposed in RED Current in black my thoughts in bold.

Difficulty/Clock Settings
Offensive Skill: All-American
Skill: All-American

Defensive Skill: Heisman
Skill: All-American

I am not 100% sure I understand which way this works and I think its critical. Offense seems to be plenty of scoring for all humans, defense seems to be a mixed bag. If this will make computer defenses better than that in and of itself may be a start.

Quarter Length : 7 or 8 Minutes (I have used both).
Game Speed: Normal
Speed: Slow

I prefer the slow speed setting but not a deal killer. I actually think there are some easier exploits on the normal setting and they get abusive on fast.

Speed Threshold: 25
Threshold: 28

Meh. no strong opinion either way. Minor change

Penalties
Offsides: 58
False Start: 55
Offsides and False start: 85

Huge swing here. Im seeing on average 1 per side per game (anecdote-ly gut feel not studied). Not sure why this needs to be cranked up..but whatever not a deal killer.

Holding: 58
Holding: 40

More "random" holding calls wiping out good plays. Instead of getting the computer to tackle us we will get the yards and then get robbed by the refs. LOL.

Facemask: 58

Offensive Pass Interference: 80
Defensive Pass Interference: 80
Off and Def PI: 0

Probably the single biggest change I dont understand. This is going to make WR more open for both teams (as I understand it) and increase PI calls when they play tight. I think this will increase offensive pass production not decrease it.

Clipping: 55
Clipping: 51

No opinion on a 4% change

Intentional Grounding: 100
Int grounding: 60

In my tinkering this leads to more player sacks as the CPU wont throw the ball away at all at 100.

Roughing the Passer: 54
RP: 52

Essentially no change.

Roughing the Kicker: 100
RK: 0

This setting will drive you bonkers...you will see a couple drives a game extended by a player on your team roughing the punter even if you call a "safe return D". Its a complete reversal to something that I dont think is a problem.

House Rules (User/CPU)
QB Accuracy: 10/25
QBA: 25/30 25/35

So we are nerfing both QBs? In my personal dynasty Im playing with at 20/40. Havent messed with 10 yet but my gut says you are going to see a bunch of open WR missed. in 13 15 was a sweet spot, below that and it got wonky IME

Pass Blocking: 30/30
PB: 60/65

I think this is going the wrong way. Again I had 8 sacks in my last game and we are going to decrease the OL PB ability...plus Im struggling to have time to get any pas off where Im not scrambling, rolling currently. In my opinion this needs to be more like 65/85 not 30/30

WR Catching: 40/40
WR: 40/45 40/50

Cool. Compuer gets more drops we stay the same. Wait thats not the intent.

RB Ability: 50/45
RBA: 45/65 40/55

Again we are increasing the human RB ability, and nerfing the CPU RB ability. Seems like a move in the wrong direction.

Run Blocking: 50/50
RB: 20/45 20/65

Again, if the goal is to decrease human offense output..not sure how much increasing human run blocking and decreasing cpu pass blocking helps.

Pass Coverage: 70/60
PC: 70/70

I think this is about right. Increase CPU slightly and keep human same.

Interceptions: 70/60
Int: 30/30

Major swing in game play. Both teams get more INTs and its a pretty equal move. This will change gameplay significantly but not sure it levels the playing field.

Rush Defense: 50/60
RDef: 20/80

Again seems to be a move in the wrong direction increase human run D and decrease cpu run d

Tackling: 60/50
Tack: 40/35 40/40

Everyone tackles better. I like this. Maybe even 60/60

FG Power: 25/45
FGP: 55/50

Are FGs really a big issue? 25 is a heck of a nerf and thats going to put a 90 KP kicker having a long of about 40 yards.

FG Accuracy: 35/40
FGA: 50/40

No issue with this change but again I dont think it changes the balance of power/

Punt Power: 35/55
PP: 50/50

Nerf human punting. Ok. Same as above its a move but not sure its significant.
Punt Accuracy: 45/50
PA: 45/35
Kickoff Power: 40/50

***Summary***
Seems like we are really counting on the change from AA to Heisman making all the difference. Just seems like a wild shot in the dark.

I would prefer incremental changes and keeping the difficulty setting on AA personally.

The speed change doesnt so much change the difficulty as just change the way the game plays. I will go ahead an lay it out, game play normal and especially fast a mobile QB can really exploit D reactions.

I really hate the way this game assesses penalties as a whole. The less we alter the game with the refs the better. Id much prefer we alter player abilities than just have big plays wiped out multiple times a game...and I think the RK setting is a big mistake.

Im in for the long haul, not running away either way. But Id prefer us to keep the big settings in place (AA) and tweaking the ability/"house rule" sliders incrementally until we all find the challenge we want.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:27 PM   #3
Radii
Head Coach

I really don't know enough about any of this to have an opinion, what little single player I play I've copied someone else's sliders blindly. I'll go along with anything!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote