Old 07-17-2023, 10:08 AM   #25501
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Lathum can catch AlanT if he applies himself
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 11:45 AM   #25502
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I was just looking at the post counts because of the above comment and saw SI hasn't been on in almost 2 months.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 11:46 AM   #25503
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

So there are people who say they don't have an internal monologue and can't picture things in their mind.

So if I asked them to think of a number between 1 and 10 in order to guess their number... would they be able to?
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 02:45 PM   #25504
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I don't do ribs but pleasantly surprised myself today.

Defrost, marinate, 2 hours @300 degrees in oven covered with foil, another 15 min without foil. It was decent, not fall off the bone tender but tender enough.

Will have to experiment more.
I'm a rib snob. I just can't get them right myself. It is frustrating.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 03:27 PM   #25505
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
The FOFC Top 20!
Yes some people talk a lot

Some of that is with the help of PETs (Performance Enhancing Threads).

Of the top twenty O/T threads sorted by replies, nine titles have to do with the last three presidents and/or their opposition.

Surprise threads on that list. The 2010 MLB season thread and the The West (a western themed browser based RPG) thread.

Shout out to the folks in IHOF and to Brian for the Legends of Sri Lanka threads in the Dynasty reports. That is some long term storytelling in those threads.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 03:32 PM   #25506
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I hate interviewing other people for work even more than I hate being interviewed.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 06:18 PM   #25507
molson
General Manager

What would you do if a neighborhood relator you have no connection to was flying a drone low above your backyard while your girlfriend was outside, and when she confronted her said, "relax, we're not the government."

I should at least invest in a bucket of rocks, right?

I know the homeowner doesn't own the airspace above the home, but, I believe once it goes below a certain level and starts taking photos and being a general nuisance, that crosses a legal line. But I've never really thought about it or lived in a place any drone owner had such interest in.

Last edited by molson : 07-17-2023 at 06:21 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 06:27 PM   #25508
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I think aboit 2000 of my posts were from The Dungeon games
Old 07-17-2023, 06:46 PM   #25509
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I hate interviewing other people for work even more than I hate being interviewed.

hire ME then. don't need an interview even
Old 07-17-2023, 06:55 PM   #25510
GrantDawg

Is the job an at home position that requires little to no actual ability to do anything? Then I am your man.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2023, 06:56 PM   #25511
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I can't believe I am 4th on the poster list, considering I was suspended in 2012 and went away for 5 years. I don't know whether to be embarrassed I have posted so much, or upset I gave away around 4.5 years of posting.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 06:58 PM   #25512
Ksyrup

As far as ribs go, I could never do them right until I got a Traeger. Now I can do them 2 ways - soft and fall off the ball, or hard bark and bite off.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-17-2023, 06:58 PM   #25513
Ksyrup

Posting 3 thoughts in 3 separate posts is also a good way to boost your post total.
Old 07-17-2023, 07:13 PM   #25514
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Dynasty people get a reasonable post count boost. I'm not even that prolific and it looks like 1,000 posts in my own dynasty threads alone
Old 07-17-2023, 08:49 PM   #25515
Ksyrup

I don't think I posted much there. Maybe a thread about Caitlin's softball as she started out, I think? Most of it was here.
Old 07-17-2023, 08:53 PM   #25516
21C
College Prospect

I remember using "The Sideline" for posting about FOF before things moved over to FOFC. I think that was in 1999.

We need something like a FOFC timeline. I can't remember the exact time for things like Dan Dial (or was it Dave Dial?), jbmagic, HornsManiac, beer tents. Wasn't there a "quote of the day" widget at one time?

Last edited by 21C : 07-18-2023 at 12:16 AM.
21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 09:00 PM   #25517
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

There was a quote of the day.

I have never done a dynasty thread and am 3rd on the list despite stepping away for 3 years thanks to some of the dude bros.

Werewolf padded a lot of my post count, and if I recall there was quite the hullaballo about werewolf posts counting.
Old 07-17-2023, 09:22 PM   #25518
Kodos
Resident Alien

Most of my posts are polls.
Old 07-17-2023, 09:25 PM   #25519
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
People may lose posts
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 10:15 PM   #25520
cuervo72
Head Coach

I feel like I should have a lot more posts, but alas. I guess I got most of it out either at IHOF, or FOBL and its chat. Or now LearnedLeague I guess, where I have 3k posts in 5 years (doesn't seem like much but it's a pretty fair deal).
Old 07-18-2023, 01:31 PM   #25521
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Every email I get at work is somehow dumber than the last.
Old 07-18-2023, 02:14 PM   #25522
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I'm almost thinking there should be a FOFC 25th Anniversary Convention or something in 2025.
I'm in on that discussion.
Old 07-18-2023, 02:19 PM   #25523
GrantDawg

It is amazing I am as low on that list as I am. I did take some breaks from posting. I did about two years when i would peek in but not post. I never did a Dynasty, and I never got involved into the puzzles or Werewolf threads. That is probably the main reason.
Old 07-18-2023, 09:58 PM   #25524
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

People are so angry

We went to eat tonight at a place we go to a decent amount. Kind of a locals place but we are on the Jersey Shore so that is relative.

I hear a commotion about 3 tables over. A guy yelling ad a couple F bombs. I am with wife and kids. Get up to go over and look. Really just wanted to be sure it wasn't a domestic situation or a guy about to go at a waitress. Was a dude and his wife and he was going after the manager about some issue. I was like, ok, a dick but it is being handled.

About 5 minutes late daughter has to go to bathroom and she is afraid to walk by the table, where the manager is still trying to handle things.

I get up first and as I do things explode. Dude freaks and goes after manager who was a smaller guy. Me and another patron step in and start yelling at the dude to leave and he is making kids afraid. Dude finally realizes we don't work there and he may be in some shit ( I'm 6-2, 210 and the other dad was pretty ripped) so his wife shuffles him out of there.

In the meantime my daughter is in hysterics and another guy a bit older shields her and my wife as she brings daughter to the bathroom. When they got back the four older ladies at the next table checked on my daughter. Say what you want about Jersey but we stick together (guy was from NY)

Cops show up because dude didn't pay his bill and it turns out the daughter of the other guy got a picture of the license plate and they arrested him.

My wife was really uneasy but I am just not wired to sit around and watch some bully act that way. It was really crazy.

Last edited by Lathum : 07-18-2023 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-18-2023, 10:43 PM   #25525
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Some of that is with the help of PETs (Performance Enhancing Threads).

Of the top twenty O/T threads sorted by replies, nine titles have to do with the last three presidents and/or their opposition.

Surprise threads on that list. The 2010 MLB season thread and the The West (a western themed browser based RPG) thread.

Shout out to the folks in IHOF and to Brian for the Legends of Sri Lanka threads in the Dynasty reports. That is some long term storytelling in those threads.

envisions injecting myself with a a syringe that jacks me into the FOFC forum world cyberpunk style!
Old 07-18-2023, 10:46 PM   #25526
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
People are so angry

We went to eat tonight at a place we go to a decent amount. Kind of a locals place but we are on the Jersey Shore so that is relative.

I hear a commotion about 3 tables over. A guy yelling ad a couple F bombs. I am with wife and kids. Get up to go over and look. Really just wanted to be sure it wasn't a domestic situation or a guy about to go at a waitress. Was a dude and his wife and he was going after the manager about some issue. I was like, ok, a dick but it is being handled.

About 5 minutes late daughter has to go to bathroom and she is afraid to walk by the table, where the manager is still trying to handle things.

I get up first and as I do things explode. Dude freaks and goes after manager who was a smaller guy. Me and another patron step in and start yelling at the dude to leave and he is making kids afraid. Dude finally realizes we don't work there and he may be in some shit ( I'm 6-2, 210 and the other dad was pretty ripped) so his wife shuffles him out of there.

In the meantime my daughter is in hysterics and another guy a bit older shields her and my wife as she brings daughter to the bathroom. When they got back the four older ladies at the next table checked on my daughter. Say what you want about Jersey but we stick together (guy was from NY)

Cops show up because dude didn't pay his bill and it turns out the daughter of the other guy got a picture of the license plate and they arrested him.

My wife was really uneasy but I am just not wired to sit around and watch some bully act that way. It was really crazy.

you guys are amazing! welldone! Kudos to the guy that got his license plate
sorry your daughter freaked That was so awesome about all the other people banding together. Gave me warm fuzzies
Old 07-18-2023, 10:47 PM   #25527
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
It is amazing I am as low on that list as I am. I did take some breaks from posting. I did about two years when i would peek in but not post. I never did a Dynasty, and I never got involved into the puzzles or Werewolf threads. That is probably the main reason.

goddammit grant! The people DEMAND a grantdawg dynasty!
Old 07-18-2023, 11:32 PM   #25528
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 07-19-2023, 12:38 AM   #25529
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Just sous vide almost everything. It’ll make you look like a master chef.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 09:25 AM   #25530
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Water tastes worse when drinking through a straw.
Old 07-19-2023, 09:47 AM   #25531
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
Water tastes worse when drinking through a straw.

It's not the straw. It's the cup
Old 07-19-2023, 12:17 PM   #25532
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

We've been going to the same beach about every other year since my daughter was 2. It's quite, island is gated and requires access cards. Has nice amenities and a solid golf course. That being said, we rent because there's no way we could afford even a mediocre condo there.

We booked for next week and just learned they now microchip their pool towels and it costs $5/day per towel if you don't own on the island. You're not allowed to use your own towels at the pool. You also can bring outside food or drinks to the pool area, including water. And the food prices are now raised and tendies and fries start at $22.

I get rich people lead better lives, but we just want to relax someplace that is quiet and won't break the bank.
Old 07-19-2023, 12:31 PM   #25533
Edward64
Head Coach

Always preferred Arby's Horsey sauce over the Arby sauce when eating their roast beef sandwiches. Krogers is selling bottles so got one.

Put it on a ham sandwich today. Horsey sauce is mayo + horseradish and is > regular mayo.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 12:31 PM   #25534
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I'm almost thinking there should be a FOFC 25th Anniversary Convention or something in 2025.

Let's chip in and commission a documentary and coffee table companion book.

There is so much wacky history.
Old 07-19-2023, 12:32 PM   #25535
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
We've been going to the same beach about every other year since my daughter was 2. It's quite, island is gated and requires access cards. Has nice amenities and a solid golf course. That being said, we rent because there's no way we could afford even a mediocre condo there.

We booked for next week and just learned they now microchip their pool towels and it costs $5/day per towel if you don't own on the island. You're not allowed to use your own towels at the pool. You also can bring outside food or drinks to the pool area, including water. And the food prices are now raised and tendies and fries start at $22.

I get rich people lead better lives, but we just want to relax someplace that is quiet and won't break the bank.

Assuming you meant to say can not bring outside food or drinks? You could try claiming a dietary issue. Do they allow refillable water bottles? Can the person you rent from work out some way for you to get the towels?
Old 07-19-2023, 12:34 PM   #25536
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Dola- I get the food prices. We go to Nantucket every summer and I have watched the prices rise to where it is $17 for a kids grilled cheese.
Old 07-19-2023, 12:38 PM   #25537
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Dola- I get the food prices. We go to Nantucket every summer and I have watched the prices rise to where it is $17 for a kids grilled cheese.

does it come with a switch game?
Old 07-19-2023, 12:50 PM   #25538
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
does it come with a switch game?

maybe fries if you are lucky.
Old 07-20-2023, 02:05 PM   #25539
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

So I'm in a spot where my team is frustrated we can't get help from our supervisor because they can't understand the questions we have... but the clients and the higher ups absolutely love them. We end up getting tasks for things we've already done or are inconsequential, but can't get good help when new problems arise.
Old 07-20-2023, 07:28 PM   #25540
21C
College Prospect

I have six sets of traffic lights between my home and work. The other day, I had green lights for the first five. I got so excited for a possible "golden run" because I usually sit for five minutes at each one on most days.

Obviously the last one was red.
Old 07-21-2023, 08:23 AM   #25541
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Oh, I've never tried oven baked bacon.

My oven does take a long time to get to 375 or 400 though.

I just tried oven baked bacon. 15 min at @400 was just about right.

I like it, low effort (just put timer on) and with the parchment paper, no big mess to clean up. Think I'll start doing oven from now on.

Have to try it with an oven wire rack next, read it makes it crispy.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 08:55 AM   #25542
Ksyrup

It does, because it's not drowning in all the fat. No different than cooking a burger on a grill versus in a pan.

One of the guys at work sends out a country bacon package from a local KY farm to people at Christmas time, so that's about the only time I eat bacon on the regular. Cooking it that way is a pretty good alternative to the mess and grease of putting it in a pan on the stove.
Old 07-21-2023, 01:37 PM   #25543
Atocep
Coordinator

Our project to replace our windows with updated, energy efficient windows completed yesterday and the difference in the house is remarkable. We have two large picture windows that sit in the sun all day which was causing those rooms to be way hotter than the rest of the house even with the AC going. The temperature feels the same throughout the house now and the AC isn't kicking on anywhere near as much. We're also able to keep the AC 2-3 degrees higher and it still feels cooler than it did before. Well worth the investment.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 06:58 PM   #25544
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

What is it with people insisting their dog should be off leash. We took the dog to the beach tonight for a splash, on leash. He's doing fine and then a dog about 10 pounds more wanders over off leash. It gets in our dogs face and our guy shows his teeth. Next thing this dog is literally hanging on my dog while my wife is trying to pick him up. Meanwhile I'm kicking the other dog trying not to get bitten. It finally falls off and the family comes over. Because I'm not trying to be a dick I say it's ok and we go.

Our dog seems fine, shaken but walking fine and no visible scrapes. Probably not gonna help his dog anxiety. But if you can't control your dog, keep it on a leash.

Last edited by Ghost Econ : 07-24-2023 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-25-2023, 02:00 PM   #25545
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
What is it with people insisting their dog should be off leash. We took the dog to the beach tonight for a splash, on leash. He's doing fine and then a dog about 10 pounds more wanders over off leash. It gets in our dogs face and our guy shows his teeth. Next thing this dog is literally hanging on my dog while my wife is trying to pick him up. Meanwhile I'm kicking the other dog trying not to get bitten. It finally falls off and the family comes over. Because I'm not trying to be a dick I say it's ok and we go.

Our dog seems fine, shaken but walking fine and no visible scrapes. Probably not gonna help his dog anxiety. But if you can't control your dog, keep it on a leash.

In public or in town every dog should be on a leash. If your don't leash your dog in those situations you are a moron. If your dog bites a child you are going to have a dead dog, a criminal record, a pile of someone else's medical bills to pay, and be held civilly liable as well.

My dog doesn't enter those situations and I don't leash him, but I also live out in the country and don't have to worry about him biting anyone because there is no one to bite out here. When I take him to the vet he goes on a very short leash. One that barely reaches my feet. I don't want him to interact with anyone but me and the vet staff. Also, no, you can't pet my dog.

Last edited by dubb93 : 07-25-2023 at 02:00 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 02:13 PM   #25546
molson
General Manager

Quote:

Sorry you had to go through that. I live in an area where that kind of thing is common, and I'm out with my dog a lot. I still have scars on my legs from the worst incident.

I've found that squaring up and aggressively yelling no at the other dog keeps them away about 90% of the time. Then if it's one of the 10%, I do what I have to do with kicks and/or pepper spray (which I used to carry around regularly because this happened so often). Once an owner was mad about the pepper spray and I told them to fuck off and that they're next - which is not at all in my character but shit, I was getting so tired of being attacked by off leash dogs. Another time I called a lady a "dumb cunt" because she was just standing there like an idiot while her dog was mauling mine and I was in between them getting bit myself. Not my classiest moment, but, I also don't regret it.

Last edited by molson : 07-25-2023 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-25-2023, 02:25 PM   #25547
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Sorry you had to go through that. I live in an area where that kind of thing is common, and I'm out with my dog a lot. I still have scars on my legs from the worst incident.

I've found that squaring up and aggressively yelling no at the other dog keeps them away about 90% of the time. Then if it's one of the 10%, I do what I have to do with kicks and/or pepper spray (which I used to carry around regularly because this happened so often). Once an owner was mad about the pepper spray and I told them to fuck off and that they're next - which is not at all in my character but shit, I was getting so tired of being attacked by off leash dogs. Another time I called a lady a "dumb cunt" because she was just standing there like an idiot while her dog was mauling mine and I was in between them getting bit myself. Not my classiest moment, but, I also don't regret it.

you had me at dumb cunt!

a/s/l??
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 03:24 PM   #25548
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
you had me at dumb cunt!

a/s/l??

The bad boys might draw you in but they're just going to hurt you at the end of the day.
Old 07-25-2023, 03:50 PM   #25549
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
In public or in town every dog should be on a leash. If your don't leash your dog in those situations you are a moron. If your dog bites a child you are going to have a dead dog, a criminal record, a pile of someone else's medical bills to pay, and be held civilly liable as well.

This happened to my friends kid recently with a Shepard. Luckily it was a cool day and he had a sweatshirt on so the bite didn't break the skin it just left bruising. Guy didn't even stick around, immediately grabbed the dog and jumped in the truck and left. Cops did an all out search for him.
Old 07-25-2023, 04:04 PM   #25550
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

My 90-pound dog is well trained and has excellent recall (I can get him to stop chasing a squirrel with two words), so I walk him off leash a fair bit, but out of courtesy for others the leash goes on if I see other people out & about.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote