Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-07-2008, 09:53 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

RFL 2009, Week 11 - Deadline 12/11 (Thursday) at 11 pm EST

Here's the slate for Week 11:

Last edited by Kodos : 12-12-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:23 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We beat Northwestern 34-14. Would've been more but we gave up a pick six, plus two other INT's inside NW territory.

Now we rest up for PSU and OSU.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:28 PM   #3
Radii
Head Coach

Big recruiting week for the yellow jackets:

5* T Jermaine Houston, #2 Tackle in the nation, commits to Georgia Tech. I likely benefited here from the coaching change in Columbus, as Ohio State had the lead on Houston until last week.

4* CB Scott Galloway, the #8 CB, also commits to Georgia Tech. Galloway was deciding between Indiana and Georgia Tech and in the end made the sensible decision.

4* CB Trey Carter, the #22 CB is the 3rd and final commitment landed by the Yellow Jackets this week. Carter is from Georgia, and we were able to steal him away from our in state SEC Rivals.

We won't end up with as good a class as Clemson or Florida State, but, for a 3* prestige program trying to get back to the top and stay there, I'm very pleased with our haul so far.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:43 PM   #4
Galaxy
Coordinator

We are becoming "Cornerback U" after snagging the top cornerback in the nation for the second straight year in Neil Payne. (We also snagged another 5-star corner last year as well, who was rated the sixth best in the country).

Neil Payne, CB, (Balanced), 5-Star #1 CB/#13 Overall
Chandler, Arizona 6’0’’/186 lbs.
40-Time: 4.24 Bench: 277 Squat: 400 Awar: A+
Agility: A Acc: A- Stamina: B

He joins our first commitment of the season:
Travis Smith, OG (Pass Block), 4-Star #6 OG/#65 Overall
Roma, Texas 6’7’’/267 lbs.
40-Time: 4.95 Bench: 450 Squat: 645 Awar: C-
Agility: D+ Acc: B- Stamina: B-

Last edited by Galaxy : 12-07-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:39 AM   #5
Radii
Head Coach

Holy crap.

Something about Georgia Tech earning a top 25 ranking that is like kryptonite for me.

We travel to Virginia, a team rated about the same as us. Virginia scores on its opening two drives, before we get a quick 2 play 65 yard drive for a TD. After one UVA leads 14-7.

We tie it up on a 69 yard run from our QB(QB runs were open quite a bit this game, a rarity in the option). UVA has to punt, but I botch an option pitch that gets returned 50 yards for a TD. An INT on my next posession and UVA scores yet again. We save a bit of face and score on a 70 yard pass with 30 seconds left in the half... 28-21 UVA at halftime.

We're back and forth the rest of the way, I take a 42-35 lead early in the 4th quarter but another quick drive by Virginia ties it up at 42 with 5 minutes left. After a few stalled drives and a Virginia INT, I get the ball in the final minute, and drive inside the 20. But I'm not used to being iced and pull a 33 yard FG WAY left as time expires... I should have just tried for the TD instead of running time down I guess, I forgot about the icing crap, I've never made a FG when being iced heh.

Virginia scores on a 15 yard TD to open the first overtime, and my QB is hammered and fumbles on a QB run on our first play on offense...

Virginia 49
#25 Georgia Tech 42

We'll still finish 9-3 or 8-4 depending on our home game with UGA next week, but 10-2 is gone.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:44 AM   #6
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Holy crap.

Something about Georgia Tech earning a top 25 ranking that is like kryptonite for me.

We travel to Virginia, a team rated about the same as us. Virginia scores on its opening two drives, before we get a quick 2 play 65 yard drive for a TD. After one UVA leads 14-7.

We tie it up on a 69 yard run from our QB(QB runs were open quite a bit this game, a rarity in the option). UVA has to punt, but I botch an option pitch that gets returned 50 yards for a TD. An INT on my next posession and UVA scores yet again. We save a bit of face and score on a 70 yard pass with 30 seconds left in the half... 28-21 UVA at halftime.

We're back and forth the rest of the way, I take a 42-35 lead early in the 4th quarter but another quick drive by Virginia ties it up at 42 with 5 minutes left. After a few stalled drives and a Virginia INT, I get the ball in the final minute, and drive inside the 20. But I'm not used to being iced and pull a 33 yard FG WAY left as time expires... I should have just tried for the TD instead of running time down I guess, I forgot about the icing crap, I've never made a FG when being iced heh.

Virginia scores on a 15 yard TD to open the first overtime, and my QB is hammered and fumbles on a QB run on our first play on offense...

Virginia 49
#25 Georgia Tech 42

We'll still finish 9-3 or 8-4 depending on our home game with UGA next week, but 10-2 is gone.

Dang, man. That's a tough loss.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:18 AM   #7
Kodos
Resident Alien

I don't think I've ever made a kick when I was iced.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:40 AM   #8
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Pumpy!

When would you like to play our game? I'm available all the live long day today (day off). Other than that, Wednesday after 5pm pacific time works great for me too. Let me know.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #9
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Pumpy!

When would you like to play our game? I'm available all the live long day today (day off). Other than that, Wednesday after 5pm pacific time works great for me too. Let me know.
I think tonight would be good, although I'm not sure what time yet. Depends on if my wife wants to decorate our Christmas tree as soon as I get home or if she'll give me time to play our game first. I'll PM you around 4:30pm pacific (give or take half an hour) to let you know my situation.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:34 PM   #10
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Hope to get my game in tonight, hope I win, it'll take me one step away from becoming Bowl Eligible
Old 12-08-2008, 02:39 PM   #11
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I think tonight would be good, although I'm not sure what time yet. Depends on if my wife wants to decorate our Christmas tree as soon as I get home or if she'll give me time to play our game first. I'll PM you around 4:30pm pacific (give or take half an hour) to let you know my situation.

I'll show your wife a WHITE Christmas.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:42 PM   #12
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Booyah.

Pumpus...4:30 pacific doesn't work so well for me. I have to pick the wife up @ 5:15 from the train, and then we head straight to the gym...bah humbug. What does your schedule look like Wed?
Old 12-08-2008, 06:34 PM   #13
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Booyah.

Pumpus...4:30 pacific doesn't work so well for me. I have to pick the wife up @ 5:15 from the train, and then we head straight to the gym...bah humbug. What does your schedule look like Wed?
Free on Wednesday night after about 4:30 pacific, too.

And in response to DeToxRox, maybe somebody can explain why in the fuck my wife was humming "Hail to the Victors" while she was on the toilet a few minutes ago.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:47 PM   #14
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Free on Wednesday night after about 4:30 pacific, too.

And in response to DeToxRox, maybe somebody can explain why in the fuck my wife was humming "Hail to the Victors" while she was on the toilet a few minutes ago.

It was revenge because for some reason my girlfriend gets really wet when it gets dark outside. ANY IDEA WHY THAT IS?!
Old 12-09-2008, 12:01 AM   #15
Galaxy
Coordinator

I like how Dex just throws off-the-wall insults.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:51 AM   #16
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
4* CB Scott Galloway, the #8 CB, also commits to Georgia Tech. Galloway was deciding between Indiana and Georgia Tech and in the end made the sensible decision.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:01 PM   #17
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

Maybe some visitors will enjoy seeing you practice this week, what with your bye and all.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:29 PM   #18
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Got steamrolled by Stanford, 42-14 or some shit. It was unbelievable, just one of those games where you know you're gonna lose. Their 3rd string RB busts loose for 150 yards, 3 TD's. The guy broke so many tackles it was just...I don't know, unreal. I don't like to make excuses but this was one of those games were the AI was predetermined to win. They took a kickoff back to the house for christ sakes.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:50 PM   #19
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
Got steamrolled by Stanford, 42-14 or some shit. It was unbelievable, just one of those games where you know you're gonna lose. Their 3rd string RB busts loose for 150 yards, 3 TD's. The guy broke so many tackles it was just...I don't know, unreal. I don't like to make excuses but this was one of those games were the AI was predetermined to win. They took a kickoff back to the house for christ sakes.

That's how my game against Wisconsin felt. Hey, at least you didn't lose 72-26. God that was a frustrating game.

Last edited by Kodos : 12-09-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:55 PM   #20
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

About to play my game now, but very excited to announce that we signed the #1 TE in the nation today. Sean Peterson is 6'6 245 with great speed to go with his size. To top it off, his hands aren't bad at all, although he is a mediocre blocker for his size. Unfortunately, we lost out on 2 cornerbacks, 1 of which I really wanted. Stop stealing all of my corners, Galaxy.

Now time to beat up on Oregon State
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:09 PM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Very odd game against Oregon State. Everything was going wrong for the first 3 quarters without really going terribly wrong. No turnovers, but our offense just wasn't clicking (dropping balls all over the place, runs getting stuffed, inability to convert 3rd and short a few times) and our defense was getting methodically dissected. As a result, we were tied 14-14 late into the 3rd quarter. Then, we finally put together a TD drive that ended in a McKnight TD run late in the 3rd.

In the 4th, everything broke our way. First an interception TD return by Taylor Mays (who is incredibly fast in the game as in real life.) Then, Travon finally broke a short pass into a long TD after being shut out all day. Also, our defense had finally come to life and was forcing 3 and outs. Our running game was finally clicking. As a result, after struggling to click all game, we put up 28 in the 4th. 49-14 win for us.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-09-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:29 PM   #22
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
About to play my game now, but very excited to announce that we signed the #1 TE in the nation today. Sean Peterson is 6'6 245 with great speed to go with his size. To top it off, his hands aren't bad at all, although he is a mediocre blocker for his size. Unfortunately, we lost out on 2 cornerbacks, 1 of which I really wanted. Stop stealing all of my corners, Galaxy.

Now time to beat up on Oregon State

Stop stealing our offensive tackles.

I think you and I compete hard more than a lot of other people over recruits.

Last edited by Galaxy : 12-09-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:25 PM   #23
Galaxy
Coordinator

Kodos beat us 41-31. Both of our defenses really couldn't stop each other's offense. However, one interception (I thought I had a good chance, with 1 on 1 coverage, but he snagged it) gave the Hoosiers the edge. I also think I started to get away from the inside running game with our main halfback. He was averaging around 7 yards a carry I think. However, I didn't want to come across as cheesy. His receiver Allen is a clear playmaker. Is that the 6'5'', A Speed receiver you recruited? Hopefully our two top-rated corners that will start playing next year will be able to contain him during his career.

Our defense just sucks. We can't stop anything this year. I can't figure out what the problem is.

Last edited by Galaxy : 12-09-2008 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:26 PM   #24
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yep. The first 6 possessions ended in TDs. They marched down and scored on their opening possession, then Allen took back the kickoff all the way. They marched down and scored another TD. Then we answered. And so on. In the second half, our defense fared a bit better. Clausen's second interception of the game gave us an advantage, and we were able to do enough to get the win from there. Tough game that could have gone either way. Allen was definitely the difference, as he scored three times. We missed our top runner, Bryan Payton, so we ended up passing more than usual. Luckily, Kellen Lewis had a pretty solid game. He's had some real clunkers this season, but today he was solid.

GG, Galaxy. It was fun. Your offense is pretty tough to stop.

Last edited by Kodos : 12-09-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:31 PM   #25
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Yep. The first 6 possessions ended in TDs. They marched down and scored on their opening possession, then Allen took back the kickoff all the way. They marched down and scored another TD. Then we answered. And so on. In the second half, our defense fared a bit better. Clausen's second interception of the game gave us an advantage, and we were able to do enough to get the win from there. Tough game that could have gone either way. Allen was definitely the difference, as he scored three times. We missed our top runner, Bryan Payton, so we ended up passing more than usual. Luckily, Kellen Lewis had a pretty solid game. He's had some real clunkers this season, but today he was solid.

GG, Galaxy. It was fun. Your offense is pretty tough to stop.

Too bad I don't have a defense to go with it. Samuel had over 150 yards receving.

Were you happy with my game-playing?

The other pick you had was a bit of a fluke. I ran the screen, which was executed well, three linemen to one defender. Threw it, hit my back in the hands and bounce into your guys hands.

Last edited by Galaxy : 12-09-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:35 PM   #26
Kodos
Resident Alien

Your game-playing was dandy. Were you worried I thought it wasn't?

The first pick was flukey, but we'll take it anyway. We gave it back soon enough anyway.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:36 PM   #27
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Your game-playing was dandy. Were you worried I thought it wasn't?

The first pick was flukey, but we'll take it anyway. We gave it back soon enough anyway.

No. I just wanted to check. I thought maybe I might roll out a little too much. However, I don't have a HD tv, so I can't see the flats/sides if the play is on the other side. I wanted to keep grinding it out inside, but I didn't want to take advantage or anything. I love the chessmatch we had. We kept audilabling at the line. My kicker sucks.

Our defense should get much bigger, faster and better with the load of talent that will start playing next year.

3-5, we have two very manageable games against the computer next. So hopefully we can get to 5-5 going into games against Washington and USC.

Last edited by Galaxy : 12-09-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:05 AM   #28
Kodos
Resident Alien

For a while, I decided to concede the run in favor of preventing any quick strikes. That long play for a TD made me decide to make you nickel and dime me, rather than allowing quick strikes. But our run defense is definitely not stout. Neither is our pass defense, really. Our safeties are good, but they haven't been big playmakers like they were last season.

Last edited by Kodos : 12-10-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:19 AM   #29
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Hey Pumpy, I just wanted to re-confirm I'll be good to go around 4:45-5 pacific time this evening. I logged in this morning and did all of my recruiting, and it looks like after we play our game Sirfozzie will be the only one left. Hopefuly we'll be able to advance tonight, and then I can get together with DeTox for my annual bye week/game against Michigan.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:53 AM   #30
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Sunny boy, assuming we advance tonight, when are you good to go? I can do tomorrow any time for sure.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #31
Kodos
Resident Alien

Judging by the game results issue in the NOFL, it might be a good idea for everyone to be sure to post their results in these threads so it will be easier for me to spot any discrepancies.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:15 PM   #32
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'll start ..

Indiana - Not much
Indiana's opponenet - Quite a bit
Old 12-10-2008, 12:30 PM   #33
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I'll start ..

Indiana - Not much
Indiana's opponenet - Quite a bit

Clearly there is an error there. As a responsible commissioner, I am going to have to throw out the results.

Showcasing the benefits of a Michigan edercasion, eh?

Last edited by Kodos : 12-10-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:32 PM   #34
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Sunny boy, assuming we advance tonight, when are you good to go? I can do tomorrow any time for sure.

Saturday during the day is prob going to be the best time for me...maybe thursday or friday night but I can't give a for sure on that one yet.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:00 PM   #35
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Last night I got sweet, sweet revenge on Florida State, 29-20 in Death Valley. We went up 14-0 in the first quarter, and everything was clicking. Then FSU promptly came back to tie it at 14-14, and it appeared we were in for another dogfight. We came back with a field goal near the end of the half, and never trailed again.

DaQuan Bowers had 2 sacks, and my freshman HB had his best game of the season, rushing for over 130 yards.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #36
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Hey Pumpy, I just wanted to re-confirm I'll be good to go around 4:45-5 pacific time this evening. I logged in this morning and did all of my recruiting, and it looks like after we play our game Sirfozzie will be the only one left. Hopefuly we'll be able to advance tonight, and then I can get together with DeTox for my annual bye week/game against Michigan.
OK, 4:45 pacific sounds good. I'll let you know if I run into any hiccups, but that should work.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:14 PM   #37
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Pumpy and I just finished up our rivalry game.

Pumpy came into Happy Valley ready to play. He has definitely upped his game from last year. After taking a pick 6 back on my openning drive, he forced my QB to fumble two times on my next two drives, which put him out ahead right from the start 10-0. That lasted a while until I was finally able to get into the endzone in the 2nd quarter. Pumpy marched right back though, and completed a 74 yard TD pass to his HB to go right back up by two scores. On the next drive I was able to take it down rather quickly and score a TD making it once again a 3 point game. Neither one of us were able to score for the rest of the first half.

The second half started out with Pumpus Maximus stalling out pretty quickly on his drive, and then me catching his CB sleeping on the next drive for a 51 yard strike to Heisman hopeful WR Zach Wright. That gave me my first lead of the game, putting me up 21-17. Pumpy came back though and nailed a 46 yard FG to make the score 21-20. In the 4th quarter neither team was able to get a whole lot going, but I was able to get down inside the 5, although I wound up getting pushed back 10 yards on a holding call. Pumpy held me and I settled for a 25 yard field goal with just over 3:30 left in the game. Pumpy wasn't able to get much going on his ensuing drive either, and wound up having to punt the ball away around midfield. I got the ball with about 2:30 left and Pumpy had 2 TO's. A couple 3rd downs converted on the ground later, and I had secured a close victory by a final score of 24-20.

Great game Pumpy. I thought you had me in the beginning. My 3 fumbles lost and 1 Int were very costly, but your 4 Int unfortunately made up for it all in the end. Congrats on already being bowl eligible...best of luck the rest of the way.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 12-10-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:22 PM   #38
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Great game, Sun. I'm kicking myself for missing a wide open receiver in the end zone when the score was 21-17, I think. It was a case of my eyes getting too wide and I just overthrew him. I'm really proud of my defense. I was surprised to hold you to that short field goal you made. Sadly, interceptions by my QB are the norm. Without the interceptions this year, there's a pretty decent chance that we're 8-1 instead of 6-3. Ah, well. We're probably headed to a bowl game anyway.

Good luck to you!
Old 12-10-2008, 08:39 PM   #39
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Florida wins 80-6. Harvin scored 4 TD's via the run a reception a return and a throwing TD. I lined up in the I ran the dive play with my backups the entire 2nd half.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:19 PM   #40
Galaxy
Coordinator

So I take it we are ready to advance?
Old 12-10-2008, 10:23 PM   #41
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
So I take it we are ready to advance?

Waiting on Foz
Old 12-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #42
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Waiting on Foz

Old 12-11-2008, 08:31 AM   #43
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Wocka Wocka!
Old 12-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #44
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It's going to be after 10 before I can get the game in.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:23 PM   #45
Galaxy
Coordinator

Just to let you know,

I'll be away from home until Sunday or Monday, so I'll get to my RFL and NOFL games when I return (when we get the NOFL back up and the RFL advances).
Old 12-12-2008, 08:32 AM   #46
Kodos
Resident Alien

Fozzie finished his game last night, so we'll be able to advance today when I get a chance.

Last edited by Kodos : 12-13-2008 at 10:41 PM.