Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-12-2008, 09:36 AM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

RFL 2009, Week 12 - Deadline 12/16 (Tuesday) at 11 pm EST

Here are the matchups for Week 12:

Last edited by Kodos : 12-17-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

DeTox...I'm open to give you you're whooping during the day on Saturday. Let me know when you want to recieve it.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #3
Kodos
Resident Alien

IU adds two four star players, bringing our total to three 4 stars so far in recruiting. Nabbed the #1 Guard and #3 DE. But we need some CBs...
Old 12-12-2008, 12:29 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
DeTox...I'm open to give you you're whooping during the day on Saturday. Let me know when you want to recieve it.

Does like 3 PM Est work? Or does it need to be later for you? I might have to go out at some point tomorrow, so this is somewhat in the air but I think it would work. Otherwise I am home all day Sunday.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #5
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Sounds good to me. Noon my time (3 your time) might work just fine. If you want to go earlier that's fine by me too, just let me know. Earlier is probably better than later just fyi, since I have a holiday party to go to.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:44 PM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

how about 2ish eastern then? it caann be earlier, even 1, pending on if you are available
Old 12-12-2008, 07:36 PM   #7
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Yeah that should work for me. I have to double check with the old lady, but I'm about 90% positive I wont be going anywhere around that time.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:51 PM   #8
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Kodos, not sure when I'll be available to play yet. It'll be sometime this weekend, but I'm just not sure which day or what time. If we can't hook up then, I'm free on Monday and Tuesday nights, too.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:54 PM   #9
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Kodos, not sure when I'll be available to play yet. It'll be sometime this weekend, but I'm just not sure which day or what time. If we can't hook up then, I'm free on Monday and Tuesday nights, too.

Have an NAACP meeting?
Old 12-12-2008, 11:37 PM   #10
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:

My schedule is kinda in flux too. Why don't we play it by ear?
Old 12-13-2008, 02:36 AM   #11
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Have an NAACP meeting?
Yeah, it's happening at your house. I hope you remembered to bring lots and lots of chicken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
My schedule is kinda in flux too. Why don't we play it by ear?
Sounds good to me!
Old 12-13-2008, 06:05 AM   #12
Radii
Head Coach

Georgia Tech pulls in two more recruits this week:

3* WR Nathan Hawthorne - ranked 97th at his position, really nothing special at all. B+ speed, A Accelleration, not much to write home about.

4* FS Justin Hogan - #8 FS, A+ Awareness, B+ speed, B coverage ratings, we've already pulled in two corners and a more highly rated FS. One can never have too much depth in the secondary, espicially in this game with the spread offense everywhere. A potential convert to CB.

We lost a 4* DE to U(sic)GA.

We have soft commits from a 4* punter and a 4* C as well, both of which we need pretty badly. Another 4* DE has soft committed to Alabama. We're trying to pull him back away from the SEC. Our DE friend has a desire to attend a strong academic institution(to study engineering I am sure) that Alabama just cannot provide, so we still have a chance there.

Bye weeks suck! UGA comes to town next week.

Last edited by Radii : 12-13-2008 at 06:06 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:29 AM   #13
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I forgot to mention, a couple weeks ago PSU recieved a hard commit from a 5* player. The #2 QB in the nation signed on with us after showing heavy interest throughout the season.

Code:
5* QB Chris Williams (2/20) - 6'1 208 THP THA SPD ACC AWR 40 Time B+ B B- B+ B+ 4.58

Williams is rated about the same as the other QB's I landed last year (#8, #9, and #10), but much much quicker. I'm pretty excited about this guy. He'll probably be redshirted next year with so much other young talent @ QB, but in a couple years watch out.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:58 AM   #14
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Whew...never in my life have I seen so many things go wrong for one team and so 100% for another team. The game was over at halftime. The michigan ball carriers break 2 tackles per play, and then fall forward 4 yards when being tackled to get 13.5 yards on 3rd and 13. The PSU players catch the ball 1 yard from the marker, and get caught up in some weird animation a couple yards sideways, and then get stoned by a cornerback and fumble the ball...which is then returned 60 yards for a TD (after breaking 2 tackles). Right now DeTox is ripping off 7 yard runs out of the I formation against my all-out blitz on goaline D. Yeesh! On one play, DeTox purposefuly stopped his HB in the backfield on 3rd and 3, and the tackle animation took him forward FIVE yards forward...but it only resulted in 4th and inches. Of course my PR fumbled the ball on the 3 yard line on the ensuing punt On another play, he just stopped his QB in the backfield on 4th down to run down the clock, and when my DL would try to tackle him, the QB would just shrug them off! He wound up ending the play by doing a QB slide!!! YAAAAARRRGH!

Grats to DeTox on the win. The story of my year...not enough talent/speed to compete with upper echelon teams. My Stanford team in the NOFL is rated higher accross the board this year thanks to litterally every single starter at a skill position transfering out/graduating on offense, and 90% of them leaving on defense.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 12-13-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:07 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Ha, yeah man that was absurd. If you didn't have bad luck you'd have no luck at all. I've never seen a team fumble so many times; not much you can do about that.

Then I had a lot of lucky breaks like you said. Hell, on the one play I just tried standing there to get hit and your DL couldn't bring my QB down. Sadly it was eerily similiar to my game vs OSU last year.

I am still pissed you recovered that onside kick though I've never had one recovered on me. That was a perfect kick.

Your D is sick, but sadly with all the fumbles you never had a chance to get anything started.

I feel like it'd be the exact opposite if we played last year because your team was in the exact same boat as mine.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #16
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Dola

Your offenses limitations definetly helped me with how you played. You had to force a lot of throws and my secondary is pretty solid. Your OL was not helping out at all. My DL had a constant pass rush which is a rarity in this game.

You were not lying, looking back on it, when you say I had everything go right. I can't think of one thing that went wrong.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:15 PM   #17
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Yeah...my HB is just awful. He's a slightly above average speed scatback, with no juking/tackle breaking ability whatsoever. His OVR is something like 78, while my WR's are 77/81 or something like that. Taking over in the middle of the season last year after several losses messed up a lot of my recruiting. I'm glad that you noticed that it just wasn't in the cards for me this week. Just amazing.

GL the rest of the way
Old 12-13-2008, 12:17 PM   #18
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah...my HB is just awful. He's a slightly above average speed scatback, with no juking/tackle breaking ability whatsoever. His OVR is something like 78, while my WR's are 77/81 or something like that. Taking over in the middle of the season last year after several losses messed up a lot of my recruiting. I'm glad that you noticed that it just wasn't in the cards for me this week. Just amazing.

GL the rest of the way

You too man. The fact you're what, 9-2? Is very impressive because I know first hand how much a bad roster limits you. You had some good things going, it just never was sustained enough.

Can't wait for next season.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:29 PM   #19
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Welp, next week vs OSU is huge. A win gives me the Big 10, and could potentially put me in the Title game, but I think that is probably going to take a lot of luck.

Still, a trip to the Rose Bowl would be nice, so here's hoping I take out the Bucks.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:46 PM   #20
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Whew...never in my life have I seen so many things go wrong for one team and so 100% for another team. The game was over at halftime. The michigan ball carriers break 2 tackles per play, and then fall forward 4 yards when being tackled to get 13.5 yards on 3rd and 13. The PSU players catch the ball 1 yard from the marker, and get caught up in some weird animation a couple yards sideways, and then get stoned by a cornerback and fumble the ball...which is then returned 60 yards for a TD (after breaking 2 tackles). Right now DeTox is ripping off 7 yard runs out of the I formation against my all-out blitz on goaline D. Yeesh! On one play, DeTox purposefuly stopped his HB in the backfield on 3rd and 3, and the tackle animation took him forward FIVE yards forward...but it only resulted in 4th and inches. Of course my PR fumbled the ball on the 3 yard line on the ensuing punt On another play, he just stopped his QB in the backfield on 4th down to run down the clock, and when my DL would try to tackle him, the QB would just shrug them off! He wound up ending the play by doing a QB slide!!! YAAAAARRRGH!

Grats to DeTox on the win. The story of my year...not enough talent/speed to compete with upper echelon teams. My Stanford team in the NOFL is rated higher accross the board this year thanks to litterally every single starter at a skill position transfering out/graduating on offense, and 90% of them leaving on defense.

I tried to read all of this, but that much whine before work might just get me drunk
Old 12-14-2008, 10:44 AM   #21
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hey Pumpy. This afternoon looks good for me if you're available.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:38 PM   #22
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

We get back on track against Oregon State, 62-14. No mercy. My qb Dominique "Pumpy" Blackman went off, something like 500 yards and 5 TD's.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:46 AM   #23
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Just a heads up. I'll be away from my Box from Wednesday to Sunday afternoon this week. Hopefully, we can flip today and I can get my game in.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:02 AM   #24
Kodos
Resident Alien

Looks like we have 4 or 5 guys who still have stuff left to do. Not sure if Pumpy and I can play tonight or not.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:53 AM   #25
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Barring a last minute issue, I'm planning on playing my game tonight when I get home from work.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:13 PM   #26
Kodos
Resident Alien

Pumpy and I are set to rumble tonight at 10.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:31 PM   #27
Galaxy
Coordinator

I'll either get my game in tonight or tomorrow afternoon.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:40 PM   #28
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I made some stupid throws (I blame it on rust - I haven't played in over a week) but we still beat Cal 42-16. McKnight was bad in the 1st half, so Stafon started the 2nd half and he just earned the starter's job for at least the next week with a great half in which he had 184 yards and 3 TD's on 17 carries. I feel just like the real USC with the musical halfbacks I really did want to sit Vidal Hazelton, instead I threw to him because he was the one getting open the most this game.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:10 PM   #29
Kodos
Resident Alien

Sorry Pumpy. I had trouble getting the boy to bed. Logging in now.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:13 PM   #30
Galaxy
Coordinator

The meltdown at Notre Dame continues. I just can't seem to have any luck.

We had six turnovers (5 picks) today in our 38-22 lost at Purdue. The only bright spot was Kerry Joseph, who had 4 picks!

I just want this season to be over. This team is playing like their real life counterparts. Clausen just sucks. One thing I know is this team just doesn't have speed or smarts. We don't have any real playmakers on offense.

I think I will be on the hot-seat next season.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:33 PM   #31
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

That's it. The maroon pants are going into the dumpster. We'll wear the gold ones for the rest of the season after tonight. The Hoosiers picked off one of my passes in the end zone and ran it all the way back. We never recovered, as that made the score 21-0. We tried to fight back, but our red zone offense was just horrible.

Indiana 42, Minnesota 25 (it was 42-17 until an impressive but worthless TD on the final play)
Old 12-15-2008, 10:55 PM   #32
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
That's it. The maroon pants are going into the dumpster. We'll wear the gold ones for the rest of the season after tonight. The Hoosiers picked off one of my passes in the end zone and ran it all the way back. We never recovered, as that made the score 21-0. We tried to fight back, but our red zone offense was just horrible.

Indiana 42, Minnesota 25 (it was 42-17 until an impressive but worthless TD on the final play)

But you had the yellow pants on!

The interception return really put Pumpy in a hole. It had been a good goalline stand up until that play, but the pick six really put the momentum in our favor. Pumpy did a great job of fighting back in the second half, but we were able to do enough on offense to keep them at arms length. We tried to let them back into the game with consecutive turnovers to start the second half, but then got back on track. Backup RB Demetrius McCray had a great day filling in for the injured Bryan Payton, as he picked up 139 yards and 4 TDs on 16 carries. I swear I wasn't trying to run the score up after that last pick. I even let myself get tackled rather than try to return it. But when you're that close to the goalline, a good run takes you in.

Here is Pumpy's spectacular play at the end of the half that got back McCray's late TD. That Gopher receiver wanted the TD pretty bad.

Good game, Pumpy. It's tough when you get down early. If you had scored on that early drive, it would've been a different game probably. Good luck the rest of the way.

Last edited by Kodos : 12-15-2008 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:03 PM   #33
Kodos
Resident Alien

Looks like we are down to Clemson (recruiting) and Florida, and then we'll be ready to advance. I may not be able to advance us tonight, as it looks like I will have to pick up my father-in-law at the airport tonight because my wife is sick.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:49 PM   #34
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Apparently, I've learned that my online opponent doesn't necessarily see the uniform I chose. On my screen, my team was wearing maroon pants.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:15 PM   #35
Kodos
Resident Alien

That's odd.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:45 AM   #36
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'll be moving us forward tonight when I get a chance. Hopefully Karlifornia can get his recruiting in by that time.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #37
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Karl is recruiting now since I own him.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:49 PM   #38
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

omg you people take FOREVER
Old 12-17-2008, 03:52 PM   #39
DeToxRox
Head Coach

RFL .. more like NOFL.

Went there.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:05 PM   #40
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

this guy
Old 12-17-2008, 05:16 PM   #41
Kodos
Resident Alien

Final results for Week 12.

Last edited by Kodos : 12-17-2008 at 09:31 PM.