Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-17-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

RFL 2009, Week 13 - Deadline 12/21 (Sunday) at 11 pm EST

Here are the matchups in Week 13:

Last edited by Kodos : 12-21-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:25 PM   #2
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Big game for BC (There's no truth to the rumor that if we lose this one, we'll bribe Kodos to throw the game, so we can make the bowls :P)
Old 12-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Michigan knocks off #1 Ohio State 42-38 to win the Big 10 in a dramatic game at the Big House.

OSU scored on a Pryor to Wells 25 yard TD pass with 3:25 left, but we managed to drive down the field, getting to the 1 with 16 seconds left. I almost wanted to bleed the clock further but didn't want to take a chance.

So I lined up for a Power Option and my QB Threet (McCoy in game) cut into the teeth of the D with enough momentum to be tackled forward into the endzone for the game winning touchdown.

Lots of crazy plays in this game, but the biggest was a Donovan Warren INT on our 5 when OSU was driving. The next play Brandon Minor ran 92 yards but didn't score, as he was dragged down from behind at the 3. A QB draw gave Threet his first rushing TD of the game, but that swing kept us from going down and the game just kept see-sawing after that.

PS - EF if you win out, you can thank me for giving you the title because all signs now point to you vs TCU potentially for the title
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:14 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Dola, right now the Bowl Projections have Mike and I playing in the Sugar Bowl. I assume now though I'll go to the Rose Bowl because I can't see any situation that gets me in the title game.

Whatever game it is though, I hope it's vs a Human.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:21 PM   #5
Radii
Head Coach

wow, congrats on the big win detox.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:24 PM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
wow, congrats on the big win detox.

Thanks. It was pretty absurd. I picked Pryor off three times in the 1st half, and then he couldn't be stopped. They would throw screens like it's no one business, but the worst was the screens would have Wells lined up at WR and he'd just go off.

Definetly the most challenging CPU game I've had in RFL.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:47 PM   #7
Radii
Head Coach

Christ, how is UGA #15? 99 OVR, 99 O, 94 D rating... This will be fun.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:33 PM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post

PS - EF if you win out, you can thank me for giving you the title because all signs now point to you vs TCU potentially for the title

I'll thank you now, regardless. At least I know we have a good shot if we just take care of business.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-17-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:36 PM   #9
Kodos
Resident Alien

IU crushes Purdue in our Old Oaken Bucket rivalry game, 31-7. That's IU's third win in a row against the Boilermakers. Take that, Boilers!

We have proven once again that the Hoosiers are the best team in Indiana, baby!
Old 12-17-2008, 07:46 PM   #10
Radii
Head Coach

Hooray for rivalry games at home. Much like our big upset win vs Clemson earlier in the year, we host a team that appears vastly superior but are able to stay in it all game.

The first quarter is a defensive struggle and ends 0-0. UGA scores first with 5:54 left in the 2nd. We pop off a 25 yard run and a 50 yard pass to quickly match them... except I missed the extra point. 7-6 Bulldogs. A pick 6 and failed 2 point conversion with 1:01 left gives us a 12-7 lead, followed by a 65 yard pass from UGA just 20 seconds later. A high octane 2nd quarter sends us to the half with the score Georgia 14, Georgia Tech 12.

Its back to the defensive side of things in the 3rd, as we manage a 35 yard FG and that's the only scoring, lots of 3 and outs this quarter. We really have the clamps on the UGA offense here.

The game is broken open a bit with our second pick 6 of the game, a 74 yard INT return with 5:04 to go in the game. That score makes it 22-14, and we add one more with a minute to go as we're killing the clock.

Georgia Tech 29
#15 Georgia 14

Gerogia moved the ball decently through the air, passing for 285 yards(running for 59 more for 344 yards of total offense). We only managed 194 yards of offense, 52 of it on one play in the 2nd quarter. But our two interceptions returned for TDs made the big difference in the game. The other major factor in our victory is that we seemed able to get key 3rd down stops every time we needed them in the second half, preventing UGA from ever getting deep into our territory.

This win takes the Yellow Jackets to 8-3 on the season and hopefully back into the top 25.

We're currently projected to play #18 West Virginia in the Gator Bowl, which would be a great result for us. I expect that to change though, after Karlifornia crushes Miami in the ACC Title game, Miami will likely no longer be getting a BCS bid, and we'll be relegated to a bowl a bit worse than the Gator.

Last edited by Radii : 12-17-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:18 PM   #11
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I probably won't be able to play until Sunday night, as I'm going to be away from home from Friday morning until mid-afternoon Sunday. I don't think I'll have time to play tonight. I'll be done before deadline, though.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:48 PM   #12
Galaxy
Coordinator

We finally played like the ND football team I have been missing all year long, with a 52-7 win over Duke.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:42 PM   #13
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Clemson stays in the heart of the BCS mix with a tough 26-17 win over rival South Carolina. Our offense was stagnant throughout the game, relying on 4 field goals. Late in the 4th, the Gamecocks scored their second long TD pass of the game, making it 19-17. With our starting running back Shane Davidson injured, Duane Ellington carried the load for us on our final drive, with freshman RB James Davis running 17 yards for the nail in the coffin TD.

Next week, we play @BYU. Should be a nice test to end the regular season. Hopefully our offense plays better.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:52 PM   #14
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Michigan knocks off #1 Ohio State 42-38 to win the Big 10 in a dramatic game at the Big House.

OSU scored on a Pryor to Wells 25 yard TD pass with 3:25 left, but we managed to drive down the field, getting to the 1 with 16 seconds left. I almost wanted to bleed the clock further but didn't want to take a chance.

So I lined up for a Power Option and my QB Threet (McCoy in game) cut into the teeth of the D with enough momentum to be tackled forward into the endzone for the game winning touchdown.

Lots of crazy plays in this game, but the biggest was a Donovan Warren INT on our 5 when OSU was driving. The next play Brandon Minor ran 92 yards but didn't score, as he was dragged down from behind at the 3. A QB draw gave Threet his first rushing TD of the game, but that swing kept us from going down and the game just kept see-sawing after that.

USC still has to go through Notre Dame in week 15.

Trust me, as much as we have been down, we still have the talent to make it a game (our talent level is better than last year).

Last edited by Galaxy : 12-19-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:25 PM   #15
Kodos
Resident Alien

Be afraid, EF27! Be very afraid. HE BEAT DUKE!!1!

Last edited by Kodos : 12-19-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:30 PM   #16
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Big game for BC (There's no truth to the rumor that if we lose this one, we'll bribe Kodos to throw the game, so we can make the bowls :P)

Wouldn't you like to lose this week so our game has more riding on it?
Old 12-19-2008, 03:35 PM   #17
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Be afraid, EF27! Be very afraid. HE BEAT DUKE!!1!

I'm petrified - shaking in my cardinal and gold boots.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-19-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:21 AM   #18
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Penn state traveled to their rival Michigan State last night and laid the smacketh down. The score was 38-0 at halftime, and that's exactly how many points I wound up eventually winning by. QB George Smith threw for over 400 yards and a whole bunch of TD's, and my RB tandem was as effective as they have been all year. My Freshman HB (#2 in the nation last year) is pretty damn good at breaking tackles, the only problem is he's got an 88 or something like that in SPD. Hopefuly guys get faster as they get older, because if so he'll be a major contributor.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #19
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm petrified - shaking in my cardinal and gold boots.

I just hope our connection is better this game. The lag was painful in our first meeting.

Last edited by Galaxy : 12-20-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:44 PM   #20
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I thought things were going to be very bad for Arizona State as we knocked their starting QB out of the game on the 1st play. However, their backup was good except for 2 picks he threw (both pick 6's.) Their running game was very solid and their starting HB had over 100 yards. However, none of that mattered as Sanchez was nearly perfect and threw for 312 yards and 4 TD's (with 1 INT) as well as running in one. We won 49-14.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:42 AM   #21
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

after going down with less then a minute to play, we comeback thanks to a long pass where my guy outjumped two defenders to move us within their 10, we became Bowl Freaking Eligible thanks to a TD with <0:20 to play thanks to a QB scramble, 42-38.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 12-21-2008 at 07:42 AM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:21 AM   #22
Kodos
Resident Alien

Dang! I wanted to prevent you from getting it myself.

Last edited by Kodos : 12-21-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:32 PM   #23
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm heading to Iowa in a while to play the Hawkeyes. Will be done well before deadline.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:20 PM   #24
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Looks like we are set to go
Old 12-21-2008, 10:54 PM   #25
Kodos
Resident Alien

Final results will be up shortly.