Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-08-2008, 12:15 AM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL Season 2 Week 4 Has Begun! Deadline is 12/12/08 at 10:00 PM Central Time

Week 4 began about 2 hours ago. Several big matchups this week.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:14 PM   #2
Galaxy
Coordinator

Any idea of why we are 1-1 and shown to lose to 38-14 to LSU (we beat them 35-28)???????????!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Galaxy : 12-08-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Any idea of why we are 1-1 and shown to lose to 38-14 to LSU (we beat them 35-28)???????????!!!!!!!!

Yeah, unfortunately, I've seen reports on OS over the last few weeks of other leagues having issues with games being incorrectly reported on their servers and turning wins to losses with completely different scores. Basically, the same issue that was happening around the time of release is still happening, even though they thought they had squashed it. There is nothing we can do to fix it when that happens, and it is supposedly rare, but it severely sucks for the team that it happens to. I had been keeping my fingers crossed that we would never see it.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:57 PM   #4
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I heard that if you specify what happened and what league you're in to the EA guys over there, they can fix it.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:42 PM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
I heard that if you specify what happened and what league you're in to the EA guys over there, they can fix it.

I've read that in the past (when it first happened in August/September), but have read that they have been less responsive more recently. I'll try posting over there and see what happens.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-08-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #6
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

WTF. It happened to me too. I "lost" to Vanderbilt in overtime. Wow. This is freakin' ridiculous. Let us know how the post over there goes. If this doesn't get fixed, then it will ruin the league for me. Wow. So pissed right now. Seriously. There's no point in playing in a league where your result could be erased at any moment. Argh...
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:57 PM   #7
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
WTF. It happened to me too. I "lost" to Vanderbilt in overtime. Wow. This is freakin' ridiculous. Let us know how the post over there goes. If this doesn't get fixed, then it will ruin the league for me. Wow. So pissed right now. Seriously. There's no point in playing in a league where your result could be erased at any moment. Argh...

It sucks. I was just starting to get to enjoy playing with this team.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:06 PM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It really sucks and I know I would be pissed if it happened to my team. I was reading this last week, thinking that it could potentially destroy a league if it happened even once. To hear it happened twice in this week alone is disheartening. So far, no one has responded in the thread I started over there and the PM I sent to the developer's account on OS hasn't gotten a reply.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:27 AM   #9
BigDPW
College Prospect

Anyone know of any similar issues with injuries?

Some how I lost my RS-Fresh star QB (Mike Glennon) to a season ending tailbone injury without knowing it? I never saw a pop up in my game vs Syracuse and I subbed him late in the game with my backup to get him some time since it was a blowout... Odd???
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:36 AM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
Anyone know of any similar issues with injuries?

Some how I lost my RS-Fresh star QB (Mike Glennon) to a season ending tailbone injury without knowing it? I never saw a pop up in my game vs Syracuse and I subbed him late in the game with my backup to get him some time since it was a blowout... Odd???

That is news to me. Was the score of your last game the same as when you played it?

By the way, still no response from anyone on OS and no response to my PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:15 AM   #11
Kodos
Resident Alien

Wow. That really sucks. Is it too much to ask for games that are functionally solid, EA?
Old 12-09-2008, 05:16 PM   #12
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Outlook for me staying in this league: Not so good
Old 12-09-2008, 05:31 PM   #13
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Wow. That really sucks. Is it too much to ask for games that are functionally solid, EA?

Old 12-09-2008, 06:25 PM   #14
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Still no replies from the developer. Just 1 reply in the thread where some guy said he thinks they were only fixing lost dynasties and can't fix this particular problem - that they could only look into it to make sure it doesn't happen again. Somehow, I doubt their ability to do that.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:30 PM   #15
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

sigh
Old 12-09-2008, 06:51 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
Outlook for me staying in this league: Not so good

I understand but will hate to see you go if you decide to do so. If there was any way I could fix this, I would.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-09-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #17
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I have an idea.

I have yet to log in since we advanced to week 4, so the file sitting on my 360 is still week 3. If someone else here hasn't logged in, and they got their game in late, they could convert their saved NOFL file into an offline dynasty. Then, they could convert it right back into an online dynasty, invite EF27 to the league, have EF27 save the dynasty as an offline dynasty on HIS 360, and then convert it BACK into an online dynasty, and re-invite all the members. We may have to have a few guys replay their games from last week, but at least the entire dynasty wouldn't be lost. I hope that wasn't too confusing. I know for a fact that it would work...if the interest is still there.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 12-09-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:48 PM   #18
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

This was the work-around posted on OS when people were first having problems. The downside is that coach career records would be wiped as would the coach's "integrity" rating. That is, being able to make bigger & better promises to future recruits.

Plus, what file has been saved on your 360 Sun Tzu? I mean, how many of the week 3 games had been played? Some people may have to replay the week 3 games. I'm sure some people may not be happy about that, especially those people who played the human vs human games.

I don't know what people want to do. Obviously, I am all for doing what you suggested. I know I'd be for this if anyone got screwed...but I *really* am for it since it happened to me. I think that we should put it to a vote. I'd be glad to PM people or whatever to get them to check the thread. Shrug.

I swear I'm not trying to be a jerk about things. It would be totally different if it were a college basketball league or an NFL league where one loss doesn't eliminate you from playing for the championship. But this is an NCAA football league where a conference loss to the *worst* team in the conference to open up your season will pretty much destroy any chance you would have at a conference championship, let alone a national championship.

I had backed up the online league every week in season 1 but I forgot to do it in season two. Oops for me.

Why did I buy an EA product again? Oh yeah, to do this league which was really fun (not just because I did well) and also it was a great league that I think a lot of us have enjoyed. It's just sad that EA doesn't seem concerned with fixing the problem(s). I will definitely re-evaluate whether or not I pick up next year's version right away. But none of this ramble helps us now.

Anyway, I vote for what Sun Tzu said...to reload the league to try and fix this thing. Other thoughts?
Old 12-09-2008, 10:52 PM   #19
Galaxy
Coordinator

Whatever is fine with you guys.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:34 AM   #20
bhlloy
Coordinator

So yeah, me too guys. Beat Air Force 31-17, the result has been reversed to 34-17 Air Force. I wondered why all my visits were a D when I checked the other day, but I figured they expected me to blow them out or something. Was in bed and this came to mind for some reason, and the penny dropped. Didn't even bother to check the result or my record because I had a bye. But now I logged in, and voila I'm 2-1 instead of 3-0.

Anyhow, had at least 5 guys in on official visits. Ugh, this is an ugly situation. I'm sure I played before Sun's backup (I think I got the game in the first day) and even if I could replay, who knows if it just wouldn't happen again. On the flip side, I'm toast in the rankings after losing to such a crappy team and I'm sure I'll lose most of those prospects to teams that will jump me when they have their visits. I'm not sure I have the will to stay in the league after this. If this happens again next week - what gives?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:27 AM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have an idea.

I have yet to log in since we advanced to week 4, so the file sitting on my 360 is still week 3. If someone else here hasn't logged in, and they got their game in late, they could convert their saved NOFL file into an offline dynasty. Then, they could convert it right back into an online dynasty, invite EF27 to the league, have EF27 save the dynasty as an offline dynasty on HIS 360, and then convert it BACK into an online dynasty, and re-invite all the members. We may have to have a few guys replay their games from last week, but at least the entire dynasty wouldn't be lost. I hope that wasn't too confusing. I know for a fact that it would work...if the interest is still there.

Thoughts?

I'm fine with doing this if the majority wants to do so. My vote is to go ahead and do this, especially since it is screwing over so many people.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #22
Kodos
Resident Alien

I wonder if a good step in the future would be for commissioners to save as an offline dynasty each time the game is advanced, and before anyone plays in the new week.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #23
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
I wonder if a good step in the future would be for commissioners to save as an offline dynasty each time the game is advanced, and before anyone plays in the new week.

I think this would be a great practice in every dynasty we have going. RFL, EBFL, MAC, etc. As long as the Commish is willing to put in the extra time involved, I can't imagine it would be more than just a couple minutes.

Hopefuly a final decision on this can be made sometime today, and then tonight after I play my game w/ Pumpy and handle a couple things around the home, EF27 and I can get the whole thing back up and running. I'll be moseying around here pretty much all day long, so I'll keep checking in.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:45 AM   #24
Kodos
Resident Alien

It'd suck to lose coach records and that sort of stuff, but obviously the integrity of wins and losses takes precedence over anything else.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:34 PM   #25
kcchief19
Pro Starter

It's OK with me. Is this a guaranteed workaround though? If the problem is from the game results being reported incorrectly and some of the game results were reported before Sun Tzu's last login, wouldn't those still be affected adversely?
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:54 PM   #26
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

From what I understand, some dynasties get this error when the commish advances to the next week. My file should still be error free, and hopefuly when EF advances again it wont happen.

I'm really hoping they fix this problem before next years version. Obviously there are going to be some bugs and hiccups in the innitial version of anything massively online. I'd really like to see things run a bit smoother next year so we don't have to deal with this crap. Also, I'd like to see leagues take 24 people or even more. We have a lot of quality owners here and it would be a blast if everybody could participate in the same league.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #27
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm really hoping they fix this problem before next years version. Obviously there are going to be some bugs and hiccups in the innitial version of anything massively online. I'd really like to see things run a bit smoother next year so we don't have to deal with this crap. Also, I'd like to see leagues take 24 people or even more. We have a lot of quality owners here and it would be a blast if everybody could participate in the same league.

I wouldn't bet on it.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #28
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I've been doing this. The problem is (at least to my understanding) that it overwrites the dynasty each week when it saves the file. I guess I could have saved it to different locations, but I have just been saving to my hard drive and you can't rename the file from week to week, so I believe all I have on my hard drive is the "bad" file that has all of the corrupted results.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:48 PM   #29
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

If I've counted correctly, 6 people are for the fix. It will obviously erase this week. Any more for trying this fix (realizing there is a slim chance, it could do more damage)?
Old 12-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #30
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I don't care one way or the other. I'm willing to try whatever to get things corrected. I haven't logged on for week 4 and the week 3 file is saved on my hard drive.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:51 PM   #31
BigDPW
College Prospect

I am okay for trying it. May buy me a few extra days to get in my week 4 game too since we will be having a baby tonight/tomorrow...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:05 PM   #32
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

RA, do you remember when you played your game? We should go from the file w/ the least "yet to be played" games possible. Let me know asap.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:22 PM   #33
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Ok well...when I converted the online dynasty to offline, it just sets all week 3 games to having not been played. My guess is it wont be any different if RA does it so I'm going to take this one online and invite EF now.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #34
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I don't really remember. I think it was Saturday. I'll check and get back to you tomorrow.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:44 PM   #35
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Okay. The last time I saved was before my game and nobody had played their games. I saved the dynasty as an offline dynasty, saved it again as an online dynasty, and invited EF27 to it. It's under Raiders Army. Pretty original eh?

Anyhow, he should be able to save it and start an online dynasty with us in it.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:44 PM   #36
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

A big "thank you" to everyone for trying to get this done the right way. I feel really bad for the people who got screwed by having their results changed (obviously) but I feel almost as bad for the people who played their human vs human games last week. There were 2 of them IIRC and I think they were pretty epic games. What happens if the teams replay and a different player wins? That would really suck for the first person who won for "real" the first time through.

Overall this is just a bad & ugly situation and there is nothing that will satisfy everyone. If it is what it looks like and we have to redo all of the week's games, then we need to figure out what to do if & when this happens again. I would vote for a re-sim anytime the outcome of a human's game is different than what actually happened. I don't know if I would vote for a re-sim of a human game if the score was different (and possibly injuries) as long as the result stays the same. I think after this mess is sorted out then we need to have a league-wide vote on these 1 or 2 things.

BTW, are there any other downsides to what it looks like we're about to do? I think I posted all of them earlier from what I read on OS but hopefully I didn't miss anything drastic.

Thanks again to everyone for being cool about this whole deal. Hopefully Sun Tzu & EF27 can get the files setup tomorrow and we can start the 5-day clock for week 3 tomorrow night.

E-A-Sports...if it's in the game, they'll f*** it up
(Rated T for Terrible)
Old 12-10-2008, 09:47 PM   #37
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Dola. One "upside" of this is that when you lose a game, you might not really "lose" it because you may get a second chance. I guess it wouldn't be college football without nonstop controversy and an idiotic system that should have been fixed a long time ago. Right?
Old 12-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #38
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

lol @ kings second post.

RA - I already did the whole convert to offline, back to online, and invite EF27 a couple hours ago. I had apparently played my game before you but I guess it doesn't matter much since all of the games have to be replayed anyway.

EF27 it doesn't really matter which invite you accept, just let me know if you accept mine or RA's, and remember that EA doesn't allow anyone to be a commish of 2 dynasties at once so you're gunna have to uncommish yourself from the currently online NOFL.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:55 PM   #39
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Heh. LOL at my post. Sorry, I've had some late beer so I didn't see your previous posts.

Manhunters last night was pretty good though.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:08 PM   #40
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'll accept one of the invites tomorrow. Tonight's been hectic. Of course, we'll reset the clock for week 3 at that point. Should be plenty of time for you and your wife and the new addition, BigDPW. Good luck with the delivery

As far as what we'll do if this reoccurs, I don't know. I suspect it will completely kill the interest of at least a few people, and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't happen again. I didn't do anything differently this week from any other, but I noticed the files seemed to be slower in downloading.. who knows what caused it.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:00 PM   #41
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Ok.. hope this works. Retiring now which seems to be the only way to remove myself as commish.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:04 PM   #42
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I've accepted Sun Tzu's invite. Now, trying to quit and use this file to restart the NOFL, at which point I'll re-send all invites.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:05 PM   #43
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

*crosses fingers*
Old 12-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #44
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Seems to have worked.. sending out team invites now.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:23 PM   #45
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Everything looks good to me. We are back at the beginning of week 3. It's possible I may have messed up invites, so if you see any errors with your invite, let me know. If you don't have an invite let me know.