Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-09-2009, 11:00 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

RFL 2009 Bowl Results

It's time to go bowling! No human vs. human matchups, unfortunately. Our only human game in Week 2 is Washington vs. Texas. Good luck, BigSmooth!

Last edited by Kodos : 01-17-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:36 AM   #2
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Dang, would have been fun to play Missouri in the Holiday. Tough matchup versus Texas. I'll play that tomorrow morning. Too drunk and too late right now.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:52 AM   #3
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Good luck Smooth!
Old 01-10-2009, 12:31 PM   #4
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Just started. It's raining in the Holiday Bowl!
Old 01-10-2009, 01:32 PM   #5
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Damn. We lost our starting QB and TE for the last 3 quarters. Put up a nice fight though and only lost by 7, 38-31.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
Damn. We lost our starting QB and TE for the last 3 quarters. Put up a nice fight though and only lost by 7, 38-31.

Tough one Smooth.

Nice the best draw for a bowl game but considering you didn't have Locker this year, and then lost your #1 and only lost by 7 is a feat.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #7
Kodos
Resident Alien

Here are the final results for Bowl Week 2:

We're on to Week 3!

Last edited by Kodos : 01-10-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #8
DeToxRox
Head Coach

It wasn't easy but Michigan knocks off #8 LSU to win the 2010 Rose Bowl by a score of 24-20.

POTG was Senior WR Greg Matthews, who broke a UM record with 16 catches for 150 yards and a TD. I didn't even realize he had that many grabs until he broke the record, but LSU was giving the intermediate routes so it makes sense.

We now (most likely) will finish the year #2 in the Nation, but lose some key players to our team.

Most likely we will lose the following Juniors/RS Sophmores:

LT Steve Schilling
MLB Obi Ezeh
CD Donovan Warren

Plus we could lose two WR's in James Rogers and Junior Hemingway.

I'm bracing for it anyway.

Will be an interesting offseason, that is for sure.

Also, there could be a couple transfers I lose for broken promises.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #9
Kodos
Resident Alien

Kellen Lewis and the rest of IU's senior class go out in style with a 68-38 drubbing of Virginia. Lewis threw for 4 TDs and rushed for another in his final game. Sophomore CB Richard Council had two pick sixes. Most of the seniors finished with a TD. Senior DE Greg Middleton came up with 3 sacks to finish his career.

I'm scared we will lose Junior WR Scott Allen with the monster season he had. I tried dialing it back on him late in the season to keep his stats in check and allow us to possibly keep him, but I'm not optimistic, as he now owns pretty much all of the Indiana single season records for a WR.

Senior QB Kellen Lewis will be sorely missed, but hopefully we've recruited someone who can fill his shoes with incoming freshman Justin Sampson.

Go Big Ten!

Last edited by Kodos : 01-10-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:30 PM   #10
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Kellen Lewis and the rest of IU's senior class go out in style with a 68-38 drubbing of Virginia. Lewis threw for 4 TDs and rushed for another in his final game. Sophomore CB Richard Council had two pick sixes. Most of the seniors finished with a TD.

I'm scared we will lose Junior WR Scott Allen with the monster season he had. I tried dialing it back on him late in the season to keep his stats in check and allow us to possibly keep him, but I'm not optimistic, as he now owns pretty much all of the Indiana single season records for a WR.

Senior QB Kellen Lewis will be sorely missed, but hopefully we've recruited someone who can fill his shoes with incoming freshman Justin Sampson.

Go Big Ten!

Nice win Kodos.

Allen is a beast. I hope he leaves.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #11
Kodos
Resident Alien

Nice win to you too. Although a loss would have been even nicer!

Last edited by Kodos : 01-10-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #12
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Nice wins, guys. Tough loss, Smooth.

I'll play my game at some point tonight.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:59 PM   #13
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Will play the Alamo Bowl on Sunday. Go Gophers!
Old 01-11-2009, 01:12 AM   #14
kcchief19
Pro Starter

If I ever get another shot at Florida State, we're running up the score like they did on us in the Fiesta Bowl.

Started out as a close game then next thing you know we're down 23-7. We scored a TD and converted a two conversion to get to 23-15 and scored again to get it to 23-21 but failed on the tying-conversion. Florida State goes up 36-21, we score again to cut the lead to 36-29 and had the ball with a chance to tie but threw an interception near the goal line that was run back for a pick-6. Florida State scored again and we turned the ball over and the game was over. But Florida State continued running plays and throwing the ball rather than taking a knee. Their last two TDs were garbage time TDs they wouldn't have scored if they were just trying to run out the clock. There was less than a minute left and they were snapping the ball with 17 seconds left on the play clock. Never see the AI run up the score before. Oh well. We made way too many mistakes -- I think four interceptions, a pick run back for a TD and two kickoff returns.

Missouri isn't as bad off as I feared it might be with AI recruiting. Some decent talent coming in. We'll see what happens in the offseason.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:19 AM   #15
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
If I ever get another shot at Florida State, we're running up the score like they did on us in the Fiesta Bowl.

Started out as a close game then next thing you know we're down 23-7. We scored a TD and converted a two conversion to get to 23-15 and scored again to get it to 23-21 but failed on the tying-conversion. Florida State goes up 36-21, we score again to cut the lead to 36-29 and had the ball with a chance to tie but threw an interception near the goal line that was run back for a pick-6. Florida State scored again and we turned the ball over and the game was over. But Florida State continued running plays and throwing the ball rather than taking a knee. Their last two TDs were garbage time TDs they wouldn't have scored if they were just trying to run out the clock. There was less than a minute left and they were snapping the ball with 17 seconds left on the play clock. Never see the AI run up the score before. Oh well. We made way too many mistakes -- I think four interceptions, a pick run back for a TD and two kickoff returns.

Missouri isn't as bad off as I feared it might be with AI recruiting. Some decent talent coming in. We'll see what happens in the offseason.

Florida State was an asshole to me last season, too. I was down 28-23 and driving for a winning score when I got stopped on 4th down. I had no timeouts left and there was about 1:00 and change left...of course, FSU took to the skies and bombed one last TD over my head. I kind of yelled out "Was that really necessary?", and from the living room my roommate said "What'd I do?".

BTW I beat down WVU 41-14 in the Orange Bowl to cap off another good, if ultimately unsatisfying season. I want the damn title next season. Hopefully Willy Korn, Al Francis, and Shane Davidson improve enough to make my offense more potent.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:26 AM   #16
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Florida State was an asshole to me last season, too. I was down 28-23 and driving for a winning score when I got stopped on 4th down. I had no timeouts left and there was about 1:00 and change left...of course, FSU took to the skies and bombed one last TD over my head. I kind of yelled out "Was that really necessary?", and from the living room my roommate said "What'd I do?".

BTW I beat down WVU 41-14 in the Orange Bowl to cap off another good, if ultimately unsatisfying season. I want the damn title next season. Hopefully Willy Korn, Al Francis, and Shane Davidson improve enough to make my offense more potent.

You're SO fucked in Death Valley next season.

SO FUCKED!
Old 01-11-2009, 10:40 AM   #17
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post

You could always schedule them, oh, I don't know, NEXT SEASON.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #18
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I am calling dibs on playing TCU next year.

Those assholes will not go to the National Title game ever again. EVER!
Old 01-11-2009, 01:48 PM   #19
Kodos
Resident Alien

It actually wouldn't be a bad idea to have each of us play a high-rated midmajor team each season, to keep the TCUs of the world from going undefeated.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:06 PM   #20
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
It actually wouldn't be a bad idea to have each of us play a high-rated midmajor team each season, to keep the TCUs of the world from going undefeated.

I was going to suggest that. Basically make sure we play the Mountain West teams, as usually it is them who sneak into the NC games from what I've seen.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #21
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Finished the year 7-6 with a win over Oklahoma State (jeez, I play these guys a LOT). They tooka 14-0 lead, and our offense was pretty much non existent for most of the first half, but then we started hitting our short passes, and moved the ball pretty well in the 2nd half.

Key plays were a deflected ball picked off and returned for a TD to tie the game at 14 in the first half, and a QB rollout dive for the pylon on 3rd and goal with 0:26 to play that was the winning TD
Old 01-11-2009, 03:53 PM   #22
Kodos
Resident Alien

Looks like we have about 4 guys left with games to play.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:26 PM   #23
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

PSU won the Capital One Bowl in what was probably the most dominant defensive game I've ever played. We shut down #9 Tennessee completely, and racked up 450+ offensive yards at the same time.

Final Score

#9 Tennessee - 0
#12 Penn State - 45

This was my first shutout in the 09 version of NCAA. I'm quite proud of it

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 01-11-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:29 PM   #24
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
PSU won the Capital One Bowl in what was probably the most dominant defensive game I've ever played. We shut down #9 Tennessee completely, and racked up 450+ offensive yards at the same time.

Final Score

#9 Tennessee - 0
#12 Penn State - 45

This was my first shutout in the 09 version of NCAA. I'm quite proud of it

Big W.

Big 10 domination.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:31 PM   #25
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Looks like Radii is playing now, and all that'll be left is Mike.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:01 AM   #26
Radii
Head Coach

Pittsburgh had no answer for the triple option today. It was close at the half, only 17-14 Yellow Jackets, but our running game wore down Pitt in the 2nd half.

Starting HB goes 19 carries /138 yards, the other back in the option is 7/106. The fullback 14/42, and QB 11/47 yards rushing.

Gator Bowl:

#19 Georgia Tech 30
#17 Pitt 20
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:18 AM   #27
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Big W.

Big 10 domination.

You damn skippy!
Old 01-12-2009, 03:36 PM   #28
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Minnesota took the Alamo Bowl, 35-25, over Louisiana Tech. Minnesota's junior WR Kyle Lewis broke the school record for receptions in a game with 14. He got injured while getting tackled after the 14th catch, and he missed the rest of the game. Still, a stellar effort on his part. Here's hoping for more connections between him and QB Andrew Holmes next season!
Old 01-12-2009, 09:10 PM   #29
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Looks like Radii is playing now, and all that'll be left is Mike.

Playing now.

Sorry I have been last man lately. I am a manager of a Limo company in Tampa and work has been crazy getting ready for this football game at the end of the month!
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:18 PM   #30
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
Playing now.

Sorry I have been last man lately. I am a manager of a Limo company in Tampa and work has been crazy getting ready for this football game at the end of the month!

Who's playing?

/sarcasm
Old 01-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #31
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'll advance us tomorrow at lunch; EF27 usually can only play at night anyhow.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:16 AM   #32
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll advance us tomorrow at lunch; EF27 usually can only play at night anyhow.

Yeah, and there is only a small chance I'll be able to get in this before Saturday morning. I might get home early from work tomorrow. If I do, I'll try to get it in then, otherwise, it won't be until Saturday morning.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:44 AM   #33
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:10 PM   #34
Kodos
Resident Alien

Here are the final results for Bowl Week 3:

Good luck in the championship game, EF27!

Old 01-14-2009, 12:11 AM   #35
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Just remembered that I'll be away from my Box from this Friday Jan 16 - Monday afternoon Jan 19. Hopefully I don't miss anything.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:47 AM   #36
Kodos
Resident Alien

Our first round of offseason recruiting probably won't finish until Monday night, so you're likely in the clear.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:57 PM   #37
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Our first round of offseason recruiting probably won't finish until Monday night, so you're likely in the clear.

Looks like it. I won't be able to play until Saturday morning.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:47 AM   #38
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

GL to EF in the National Champs game!
Old 01-17-2009, 09:14 AM   #39
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Starting the NC Game now....
Old 01-17-2009, 09:15 AM   #40
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

I agree with the plan for us all to schedule mid-majors. TCU is only rated 77 overall, should be an easy win.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:19 AM   #41
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After they get the ball first, we stop them around midfield. They return the favor after Travon drops a 3rd down pass. They have a quick halfback who gouges us on the 1st play for a 15 yard gain. We knock out their starting FB on the next play. He is done for the game after a huge hit from Galippo.

They drive down to about the 36 before Senior CB Shareece Wright picks off a 3rd and 6 pass and takes it the distance for the 1st score. 7-0 with just over 2 minutes left.

They use a lot of 5 WR sets this drive and get down to about our 37 before we stop them on a 4th and 2.

They are giving huge cushions to our wide receivers, so we just throw a few 10 yard passes, until our TE catches a deep one across the middle for about 35 yards. Next play, Stafon runs untouched up the middle for a 7 yard TD. 14-0, 6:15 left in the half.

After exchanging 3 and outs, we put together a nice drive that featured Vidal Hazelton. It ends with a 3 yard PA pass to Anthony McCoy to make it 21-0.

Omari Crittenden with a pick 6 to make it 28-0 on a 3rd and 7 pass of their next drive. We get a quick 3 and out. Travon was the star of this drive, but Stafon runs it in from the 1. 35-0 just before halftime.

At the half, we've held them to 86 yards and no incursions past our 35.

Stafon takes the 2nd half kickoff the distance, but a holding call negates the TD.

A fumble by Sanchez gives them a short field, but we stop them at the 15 and they proceed to miss the FG as it hits the upright!

On 3rd and 10, Vidal Hazelton catches a post, breaks a safety tackle attempt, and goes 80 yards for a TD.

Towards the end of the 3rd, they hit a 46 yard FG to end our shutout

Sanchez gets to throw 1 more TD before the end of the half, again to Vidal Hazelton on a long play from busted coverage. 49-3 and Sanchez will sit as we begin the 4th quarter.

Omari, our NB, with another pick 6 to start the 4th quarter.

With 5 minutes to go in the game, Corp comes into the game.

After running it 5 times in a row, Corp gets a chance to make a play on a 3rd and 10.. but Johnson drops the pass.

We force a 3 and out before just running the ball about 8 times in a row to end the game. We win 56-3.

Vidal Hazelton was the player of the game with 4 catches for 163 yards and 2 TD's.

Mark Sanchez completed 11 of 19 for 288 yards with 3 TD's 0 INT's.

Stafon had 20 carries for 61 yards and 2 TD's.

Galippo had 12 tackles and was the key to our defense.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-17-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #42
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Congrats EF!
Old 01-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #43
Kodos
Resident Alien

Way to go, EF27. I will move us forward at naptime for the boy. Probably 2ish.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:16 PM   #44
Radii
Head Coach

Congrats on the championship EF27!!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #45
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks guys!
Old 01-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #46
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Thanks guys!

But since you played TCU because I beat OSU, I think it's only fair you give me a game next season
Old 01-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #47
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Grats EF! National Champs baby.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #48
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Nicely done! Woo-hoo!
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #49
Kodos
Resident Alien

Congratulations to EaglesFan27 and his USC Trojans!

Last edited by Kodos : 01-17-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #50
Kodos
Resident Alien

Last edited by Kodos : 01-17-2009 at 05:15 PM.